Sign in to follow this  
fall200mph

local promotions

I just got home from covering an Atlantic City event called "Ring of Combat". They actually fight in a cage, not a ring but whatever. Present tonight were Matt Serra, Ricardo Almeida, Kurt Pellegrino, Pete Sell, Gabriel Gonzaga, and Nick Catone. Serra, Almeida, and Gonzaga all cornered fighters that they train and I had a cageside press seat so I was able to hear a lot of dialogue between them and their fighters. Cool experience.

Among the guys who have fought in ROC are Catone, Pellegrino, Sell, Frankie Edgar, Eddie Alvarez, Dan Miller, Jim Miller, and a few others that made it to big shows.

Any local promotions in your area where big time fighters got their start? Or maybe just local promotion that you enjoy going to see?

I just got home from covering an Atlantic City event called "Ring of Combat". They actually fight in a cage' date=' not a ring but whatever. Present tonight were Matt Serra, Ricardo Almeida, Kurt Pellegrino, Pete Sell, Gabriel Gonzaga, and Nick Catone. Serra, Almeida, and Gonzaga all cornered fighters that they train and I had a cageside press seat so I got hear a lot of dialogue between them and their fighters. Cool experience.

Among the guys who have fought in ROC are Catone, Pellegrino, Sell, Frankie Edgar, Eddie Alvarez, Dan Miller, Jim Miller, and a few others that made it to big shows.

Any local promotions in your area where big time fighters got their start? Or maybe just local promotion that you enjoy going to see?[/quote']

Very cool man. I'm Jealous, big time!!

There's a local promotion here in Saskatchewan. They do shows around the southern half of the province. My son and I (and usually the wife) go to every show.

Now we have a clothing company andwe set up our booth. The last show, a couple weeks ago, we sponsored a local fighter, and made up a special shirt for him. Sold a lot of them I made a little cash and he made a little cash... all good. My daughter ran the booth for us, and had a great time.

I did tv commentary for the show as it was taped by a local cable channel. Haven't seen the dvd yet, but I believe the way the camera was, my company's logo should be seen throughout each fight.

No big name fighters YET...

There's a local promotion here in Saskatchewan. They do shows around the southern half of the province. My son and I (and usually the wife) go to every show.

Now we have a clothing company andwe set up our booth. The last show' date=' a couple weeks ago, we sponsored a local fighter, and made up a special shirt for him. Sold a lot of them I made a little cash and he made a little cash... all good. My daughter ran the booth for us, and had a great time.

I did tv commentary for the show as it was taped by a local cable channel. Haven't seen the dvd yet, but I believe the way the camera was, my company's logo should be seen throughout each fight.

No big name fighters YET...[/quote']

That's awesome. This is the interesting thing about local promotions. We'll hear stories about people's involvement beyond being a spectator. Believe me, I would be nowhere near cageside at a big event.

I just got home from covering an Atlantic City event called "Ring of Combat". They actually fight in a cage' date=' not a ring but whatever. Present tonight were Matt Serra, Ricardo Almeida, Kurt Pellegrino, Pete Sell, Gabriel Gonzaga, and Nick Catone. Serra, Almeida, and Gonzaga all cornered fighters that they train and I had a cageside press seat so I was able to hear a lot of dialogue between them and their fighters. Cool experience.

Any local promotions in your area where big time fighters got their start? Or maybe just local promotion that you enjoy going to see?[/quote']

Sounds awesome. Congratulations.