Sign in to follow this  
IwishIwasMMA

UFC 100: Frank Mir vs. Brock Lesnar (official thread)

Who do you think will win this match? Please give some details as to who, what, when and why...

Also, if you have some comments that you would like to make about either fighter, or debate about them, please use this thread. This will make the forums a little cleaner..

not sure Mir can pull another sub off! I cant see brock making the same rush in mistake he did lst time. I think he will take his time and dicate the pace of the fight and stop MIr.

Lets face it, Mir was given a gift in the last fight! This time Lesner will take his time and not get caught with a sub. His sub D is better now and so is he overall as a fighter. This fight goes the way the last should have with a win for Lesner via GNP sometime in the second round!!!

While Mir got dropped early in their first fight, his standup in the Nogueira fight was beyond dominant. Couture didn't get mauled by Lesnar, he was just out muscled at his own game, then boom! Mir on the other hand isn't someone you GNP without the constant threat of a sub. Seriously, messing about anywhere near his gaurd is risky for anyone. If it gets out of the first, I see Mir by sub the 3rd.

Brock by tko in late 2nd or mid 3rd.

I just can't see him making the same mistake, and Mir getting another sub.

Though even if Mirs stand up is better, I can see Brocks hamhock punches taking there toll and wearing Mir down till he takes a open shot and Brock takes him down for a GnP tko.

i see this mainly being a stand up battle as i dont think mir has the takedown offence to get brock to go to the floor. Brocks a fantastic wrestler and got some serious strength to back it up. Normally i would put BJJ over wrestling any day but against brock knowing what happened last time. He is gonna take this one fast on the feet and very slow to engage on the ground.

Brock Lesnar to win by TKO 2nd round

i think Mir has improved since mir vs lesnar 1, Mir has more talent, all brock has is is big size, so i think mir will win by anything, would be funny to see lesnar get knocked out though, plus lesnar really hasnt beat people that are too great the only reason he beat randy was/is because randy is alot smaller and older than lesnar. If lesnar tries to ground and pound it will be the wrost mistake of his life b/c Mir is a Bjj black belt and ur a retard to try and gnp a Bjj blck belt like mir

Did no one see the first Brock/Mir fight. Mir was in serious, serious trouble, hands over head screaming for his mother while Brock hammer fisted him into oblivion. It should have been stopped, Mir turned to cover up and it so happened he put his head down and left only the back of his head exposed. That's not intelligent defence, that's quitting.

The winner here might depend on who refs... sadly enough.

If it goes right, it'll be Lesnar by TKO

Going with Mir on this. I think if brock comes out like he did last time it will end up the same as last time. I think if he comes out slow, Mir will be even better off. He can def out strike Brock. If he moves alot, he will out work brock. I saw how gassed brock looked starting out the 2nd with randy. mirs jj is way better then most think. Im picking mir by sub in the late 2nd early 3rd.

Frank will stand with him for the first round and hold his own. Second round Brock will hurt him with strikes, get on top, get excited, and oooops, did that just happen.....AGAIN? Mir sub Rd 2, knee bar.

Did no one see the first Brock/Mir fight. Mir was in serious' date=' serious trouble, hands over head screaming for his mother while Brock hammer fisted him into oblivion. It should have been stopped, Mir turned to cover up and it so happened he put his head down and left only the back of his head exposed. That's not intelligent defence, that's quitting.

The winner here might depend on who refs... sadly enough.

If it goes right, it'll be Lesnar by TKO[/quote']

what a ridiculously biased report of thier first match.

watch it again.

I'd like to see it but...I'm still thinkin Brock via Donkey Kong TKO.

Lol Donkey Kong TKO thats a funny way to put it! you maybe right though & he has been impressing me lately with his fights...so i guess we will just have to wait & see.

I like Mir and I completely understand that a lot of people overrate him but I also see that a lot of people underrate him. His jits is better than "ok", it's very good at a minimum. Brock's sub defense might have improved but guys who train bjj for YEARS still get subbed so why would we think he won't get subbed after training for a year or so? I think Mir comes into this fight focused and different than we've ever seen him before, and wins. With that said, Lesnar is still dangerous and I couldn't be shocked if he wins it.

Going with Frank Mir on this. Not just from his Great BJJ, but Mainly from his improved boxing and VERY improved mental game. I Know Brock is Very dangerous! but Mir is overall better!

I agree, alot of people underrate Mir. If Lesnar does not underestimate him and stay on his feet, could win. Should be over fast either way though.

I agree' date=' alot of people underrate Mir. If Lesnar does not underestimate him and stay on his feet, could win. Should be over fast either way though.[/quote']

Now your overrating Mir. You tend to forget that Mir also attempted armlocks and triangles on Lesnar in the first fight in which Lesnar got out with ease and proceeded to smash in Mir's face. Lesnar also has been putting more time in on his submission defence as well. And if he could get out of Mir's submissions with only like one year of training, think what he'll get out of now that he's been training alot more

Possibly but most people who underestimate Mir pay for it and usually in the first round. I agree Lesnar has the strength and striking to punish Mir.....as long as he does not get sloppy. And that is not over estimating, that is what it is.

Now your overrating Mir. You tend to forget that Mir also attempted armlocks and triangles on Lesnar in the first fight in which Lesnar got out with ease and proceeded to smash in Mir's face. Lesnar also has been putting more time in on his submission defence as well. And if he could get out of Mir's submissions with only like one year of training' date=' think what he'll get out of now that he's been training alot more[/quote']

This is obviously a biased statement by Kang. ;)

Does anyone know how big Frank Mir will be for this fight? ie: anyone have insider info on his camp? I'm not saying it will have an effect' date=' I'm just curious.[/quote']

Believe he's generally 250 at weigh in and around same walking into the ring.

Brock will be 265 as always weigh in and enter the ring around 280

Believe he's generally 250 at weigh in and around same walking into the ring.

Brock will be 265 as always weigh in and enter the ring around 280

Thanks. Not like he's a midget either then, haha!

Oh well, best of luck to them both. I'd prefer Mir to win for the dream recovery to be complete, but I'm just hoping for an entertaining title match either way.

Now, Iwish, do you really think this will cut down on returtled threads? Come on, now.

Anyway, I've got Lesnar by T/KO in the first round, like it should have been in the first fight. Unless Mir's tainted victory against zombie-Noguiera has given Mir enough confidence not to totally freak out when Lesnar's all over him, I think Lesnar'll will bullrush him and totally overwhelm him in the first round. If Herring had panicked in his fight with Lesnar, it would have been a TKO in the first, too.

I think that Mir's problem in the first fight, besides being up against a monster like Lesnar, was a lingering lack of confidence. He might be over that and make it a more interesting fight, but I still have Lesnar with the T/KO.

This is obviously a biased statement by Kang. ;)

Kind of, more to the side that I strongly dislike Mir. I'm not a fan of Lesnar either but I can cheer for Lesnar alot easier then Mir.

That being said, I wonder why no one has thrown leg kicks on Mir since his accident!

i love how NO ONE said a damn thing about Mir before, but he beats someone that he SHOULD beat(Lesnar) and then he beats someone thats sick. (***) then everyone hugs on him so tightly.

fact is that Mirs bjj, while dangerous, is nowhere near the best in the division. his cardio? isnt even comparable to Brocks. Mirs striking?... WAY OVERRATED.

Brock by TKO... ill give Mir one round to live... round 2.

I was thinking it'd be a slower repeat of their first fight, but I'm having second thoughts. I gotta say Lesnar TKO late 1st/early 2nd round. I just can't see him make that mistake twice. It must've haunted him that he was winning and made an evidently critical error.

I'm trying to be unbiased here, since I've been a fan of Mir's for a long time. He still doesn't look like he's come all the way back from his injury, or he might not ever.

Brock is a scary dude, unreal power and athleticism, but I think he has a little ways to go before he becomes totally dominant. In my opinion, the longer this fight is standing, the more dangerous for Mir.

I'm gonna call a Sub win for Mir in the 2nd or 3rd, but it could easily go the other way. I will NOT be putting money on this one. lol

I hope Lesnar ends Mir's career. I'm so sick of the hype that Mir gets. All this nut-hugging b.s. about "Dream recovery"...I can't wait till Lesnar snaps him back to the reality of the nightmare that is coming. Everyone in the world, including Mir, knows that Frank absolutely does NOT want to get back in that cage with Brock. Mir's talkin' all kinds of crap, and it's just to hype up the show...but let's face facts...this time there hopefully won't be a ref to make a stupid mistake.

Mir is a punk. He's pathetic. He turned his head, why? Because he couldn't protect himself. And when you can't protect yourself, guess what? The fight is over. Mir was getting Al Ca-PWN3D the entire time. He had a glimmer of hope shine through. It won't happen twice. I hope Brock seriously injures Mir. I've never wished injury on any fighter ever...but I want Mir to end up with a shattered orbital socket, unhinged jaw, broken arm possibly...things of that nature.

This will be a mauling and all of you Mir fans are going to get a BITTER wake up call next month, lol.

I hope Lesnar ends Mir's career. I'm so sick of the hype that Mir gets. All this nut-hugging b.s. about "Dream recovery"...I can't wait till Lesnar snaps him back to the reality of the nightmare that is coming. Everyone in the world' date=' including Mir, knows that Frank absolutely does NOT want to get back in that cage with Brock. Mir's talkin' all kinds of crap, and it's just to hype up the show...but let's face facts...this time there hopefully won't be a ref to make a stupid mistake.

Mir is a punk. He's pathetic. He turned his head, why? Because he couldn't protect himself. And when you can't protect yourself, guess what? The fight is over. Mir was getting Al Ca-PWN3D the entire time. He had a glimmer of hope shine through. It won't happen twice. I hope Brock seriously injures Mir. I've never wished injury on any fighter ever...but I want Mir to end up with a shattered orbital socket, unhinged jaw, broken arm possibly...things of that nature.

This will be a mauling and all of you Mir fans are going to get a BITTER wake up call next month, lol.[/quote']

I like this guy, we should be friends!!! :)

Why do you guys hate him so much? I can understand if you think he's overrated and what-not, but to want him injured? That's harsh. All those guys put their bodies on the line for our entertainment, why so mean?

And for the record, I've always liked Mir as a fighter, that doesn't mean I think he's the best ever or anything...

Why do you guys hate him so much? I can understand if you think he's overrated and what-not' date=' but to want him injured? That's harsh. All those guys put their bodies on the line for our entertainment, why so mean?

And for the record, I've always liked Mir as a fighter, that doesn't mean I think he's the best ever or anything...[/quote']

He just rubs me the wrong way. He to ****y for my taste. And its not justified ****iness, he really hasn't done that much!! Just don't like him....never will

BUT I was joking about the getting hurt part, I don't want anyone (even Mir) to get hurt

I was just happy to have another Mir hater on the forum

He just rubs me the wrong way. He to ****y for my taste. And its not justified ****iness' date=' he really hasn't done that much!! Just don't like him....never will

BUT I was joking about the getting hurt part, I don't want anyone (even Mir) to get hurt

I was just happy to have another Mir hater on the forum[/quote']

Mirs not done anything but win the title... whats Brock done... lost to Mir... couldn't finish herrng after breaking his face and he beat up an old man....

Mirs not done anything but win the title... whats Brock done... lost to Mir... couldn't finish herrng after breaking his face and he beat up an old man....

Never said I was a Brock fan either! I just like Mir less.......**** :P

Quoted for truth.

Also, I'm a bit of a Brock-hater. Nothing personal, I just don't see how you fight a couple (bad) fights, lose most, and walk into a title shot. Especially when the guy who only lost the title due to injury just beat you. How did that work out?

Oh, yeah, marketing.

anyone can say crap that way... here i will do Mir for ya..

Brock has done nothing, but win the title... what has Mir done... lost to Pe De Pano... couldnt finish Chirstison and some people think he beat Mir, he beat a sick man with staph, and beat a fighter with NO ground game.

u say Brock lost to Mir as if he SHOULD have beaten him. whether or not Mir was the underdog, he SHOULD have won and did. shouldnt come as a surprise. Mir had 13 fights before the Brock fight and has been fighting since 01. Mir was Brocks SECOND opponent EVER and Brock has only been fighting since 07. the fact that Brock has beaten the opponents he has in his short amount of time in the sport is enough to give respect to the man.

when Brock fought Herring and Couture, everyone was saying that they would whoop him, but when he wins, THAT is when those fighters are terrible. get real now...

vote for Mir, no problem with that, but quit trying to discredit Brocks wins. they are solid wins in which he has shown to be getting better and better. and AGAIN, dont forget that belt or not, UFC or not, he is still new to the sport.

and just look at who he has beaten already.

Quoted for truth.

Also' date=' I'm a bit of a Brock-hater. Nothing personal, I just don't see how you fight a couple (bad) fights, lose most, and walk into a title shot. Especially when the guy who only lost the title due to injury just beat you. How did that work out?

Oh, yeah, marketing.[/quote']

so u ADMIT to disliking Lesnar for absolutely NO reason that has to do with him, ****ing ridiculous. UFC are the people that decided to give him the shot, it isnt like he gave it to himself.

and how do u "lose most" when he was 2-1 when he got the title shot. thats winning more then half of his total fights.

anyone can say crap that way... Here i will do mir for ya..

Brock has done nothing' date=' but win the title... What has mir done... Lost to pe de pano... Couldnt finish chirstison and some people think he beat mir, he beat a sick man with staph, and beat a fighter with no ground game.

U say brock lost to mir as if he should have beaten him. Whether or not mir was the underdog, he should have won and did. Shouldnt come as a surprise. Mir had 13 fights before the brock fight and has been fighting since 01. Mir was brocks second opponent ever and brock has only been fighting since 07. The fact that brock has beaten the opponents he has in his short amount of time in the sport is enough to give respect to the man.

When brock fought herring and couture, everyone was saying that they would whoop him, but when he wins, that is when those fighters are terrible. Get real now...

Vote for mir, no problem with that, but quit trying to discredit brocks wins. They are solid wins in which he has shown to be getting better and better. And again, dont forget that belt or not, ufc or not, he is still new to the sport.

And just look at who he has beaten already.[/quote']

qft

so u ADMIT to disliking Lesnar for absolutely NO reason that has to do with him' date=' ****ing ridiculous. UFC are the people that decided to give him the shot, it isnt like he gave it to himself.

and how do u "lose most" when he was 2-1 when he got the title shot. thats winning more then half of his total fights.[/quote']

Not to mention that Couture said that he thought Brock was ready for the shot as well. But what does he know?

Does anyone know how big Frank Mir will be for this fight? ie: anyone have insider info on his camp? I'm not saying it will have an effect' date=' I'm just curious.[/quote']

The last update I got on Mir's weight was that on the morning before UFC 98, he woke up at 262lbs and he's in shape.

Hizo and I are on the same side here except I take nothing away from Brock. I think he's very very good for his experience level and I think his wins are legit.

If he can survive the early onslaught by that steroid behemoth then he has a chance.

Mir has more skills and hopefully will wait for Mr.Testosterone to tire then he will submit him in the second or third. Mir knows he must win by submission or knockout because Roid man being UFC's poster boy will win if they go to the scorecards.

so u ADMIT to disliking Lesnar for absolutely NO reason that has to do with him' date=' ****ing ridiculous. UFC are the people that decided to give him the shot, it isnt like he gave it to himself.

[/quote']

I don't DISLIKE Lesnar at all. I think his whole attitude in approaching everything was great. He's been pretty humble, fought who they've put in front of him...can't blame him for any of that. Like I said, I have nothing against him personally, or professionally either, really. I think he will dominate his weight class relatively soon. He doesn't (IMO) have the skill-set to "dominate" yet, but he almost surely will, again, relatively soon.

I don't like the way the UFC made him the next big thing before his time. I think Mir should have gotten the title shot before Lesnar, that's all. I used the term "Brock-hater" kind of jokingly, I really have nothing against him.

Better?

I don't DISLIKE Lesnar at all. I think his whole attitude in approaching everything was great. He's been pretty humble' date=' fought who they've put in front of him...can't blame him for any of that. Like I said, I have nothing against him personally, or professionally either, really. I think he will dominate his weight class relatively soon. He doesn't (IMO) have the skill-set to "dominate" yet, but he almost surely will, again, relatively soon.

I don't like the way the UFC made him the next big thing before his time. I think Mir should have gotten the title shot before Lesnar, that's all. I used the term "Brock-hater" kind of jokingly, I really have nothing against him.

Better?[/quote']

Lesner has DOMINATED every fight hes been in so far. Even in his loss to Mir he was kickin the crap out of him!!