Sign in to follow this  
Thechemicals

Machida Vs. Shogun

They should make the next Fight Night Machida vs Shogun II.

My point exactly! It's the judges fault--fighters have to eat stupid decisions often but in this case the UFC can easily fix it and keep a bazillion rightfully ticked off fans happy--

Throw in some action packed prelims-send pizza to my house and boooom

apology accepted:)

This is a sport' date=' not a soap opera, you noob. Nobody cares about debate or controversy. They care about accuracy and legitimacy in a sport still trying to gain acceptance on a global front. This isn't healthy, and in fact, is about 10 steps backwards for the UFC, and unfortunately, MMA.[/quote']

hahaha dude wants it to be WWE apparently

Dana said he had it 2-2 and wasn't sure about one.

Yes' date=' I had Machida winning 3-2.[/quote']

one good thing is we will most likely get to see a rematch! hopefully with a finish one way or the other..although ill be pulling for shogun hard.

Funny' date=' I just watched the fight for the first time. I was expecting a bad decision after all the whining and crying going on around here.

Machida won 1, 2, 3. He won the fight. It was close, but he 100% left with the title, and it was the right decision.[/quote']

exactly.

There is no possible way Shogun won rounds 1 and 3. Zero. none. nada. There is no way Lyoto won round 4 and 5. That leaves 2. 2 was a close round but if you count the strikes in it etc, then it's Lyoto's round as well.

People just seem unable to actually score a fight. It goes by rounds. And it's largely irrelevant who looks more beat up at the end.

Also, curse you mods for deleting my thread on commentary! What happened? it was up till this morning and had nothing to do with who one or lost this fight..and no you left up other threads about commentary that were posted after mine.

exactly.

There is no possible way Shogun won rounds 1 and 3. Zero. none. nada. There is no way Lyoto won round 4 and 5. That leaves 2. 2 was a close round but if you count the strikes in it etc' date=' then it's Lyoto's round as well.

People just seem unable to actually score a fight. It goes by rounds. And it's largely irrelevant who looks more beat up at the end.

Also, curse you mods for deleting my thread on commentary! What happened? it was up till this morning and had nothing to do with who one or lost this fight..and no you left up other threads about commentary that were posted after mine.[/quote']

actualy bud, iv been watching mma since the beggining of the ufc. i know how to score a fight. tbh i was shocked when the decision came out in lyoto's favor. machida looked like a beaten man in round 4 and 5. shogun put a beating on him IMO.

It's more like poor commentating on Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg. The only reason you Shogun bandwagoners think he won is because all they talked about was Shogun and didn't even realize the fact that all he did was kick and damn near every time he did Machida countered. I don't think it should've been via UD but Machida won. His attacks were way more varied and did more damage than Shogun's did, and don't say "did you see Machida's rib?" Yes I did, and I also saw how it barely phased him. Shogun put in some good shots too and used his Muay Thai very effectively, but Machida overall landed the more varied, bigger hits. Every time he got hit he threw it right back at Shogun. If Shogun utilized his punches and the clinch, I think he would've won, but the simple fact is that he didn't. The judges are judges for a reason. They're good at their job, and they know what they're doing. Just because the commentators onnly talk about Shogun doesn't mean he is winning.

It's more like poor commentating on Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg. The only reason you Shogun bandwagoners think he won is because all they talked about was Shogun and didn't even realize the fact that all he did was kick and damn near every time he did Machida countered. I don't think it should've been via UD but Machida won. His attacks were way more varied and did more damage than Shogun's did' date=' and don't say "did you see Machida's rib?" Yes I did, and I also saw how it barely phased him. Shogun put in some good shots too and used his Muay Thai very effectively, but Machida overall landed the more varied, bigger hits. Every time he got hit he threw it right back at Shogun. If Shogun utilized his punches and the clinch, I think he would've won, but the simple fact is that he didn't. The judges are judges for a reason. They're good at their job, and they know what they're doing. Just because the commentators onnly talk about Shogun doesn't mean he is winning.[/quote']

Yeah you're totally right.

If only Joe "Yoda" Rogan didn't trick me into believing I was watching Shogun utterly dominate Machida.

actualy bud' date=' iv been watching mma since the beggining of the ufc. i know how to score a fight. tbh i was shocked when the decision came out in lyoto's favor. machida looked like a beaten man in round 4 and 5. shogun put a beating on him IMO.[/quote']

1.)The fact that you have been watching MMA since the beginning of the UFC is not relevant in any way.

2.) Yes Lyoto looked like a beaten man in rounds 4 and 5. But that doesn't matter. That is 2 rounds out of 5. By your own admission that leaves rounds 1,2, and 3 that he didn't look like a beaten man.

Whoever ends the fight looking worse is not relevant. Fights are scored by rounds. Lyoto won 3 rounds. Shogun 2. It's basic math. 3 trumps 2.

Yeah you're totally right.

If only Joe "Yoda" Rogan didn't trick me into believing I was watching Shogun utterly dominate Machida.

He tricked you too huh? I know I was Jedi mind tricked into thinking Shogun was kickin his **** all over the octagon. Guess I'm just weak-minded. Oh yeah and the fight metric is wrong too according to that guy.

machida vs rua 2 should be co-main event to another title fight

i thought rua won and i was happy only because that would be perfect for anderson silva to have 2 titles at the same time

In my opinion Machida got rounds 2 and 3' date=' and Shogun got 1, 4, and 5.[/quote']

You don't think the two thai clinches and the 6-10 knees that Lyoto landed on Shogun won that round for him? Everything after those knees was pretty much a shot for shot with each fighter landing a blow at the same time. punch to the head vs a leg or body kick.

He tricked you too huh? I know I was Jedi mind tricked into thinking Shogun was kickin his **** all over the octagon. Guess I'm just weak-minded. Oh yeah and the fight metric is wrong too according to that guy.

Didn't you know fight metric is run by Joe Rogan?

Didn't you know fight metric is run by Joe Rogan?

Ahhh it's all starting to make sense now. So Shogun didnt really out strike Machida 82 to 42 and have a higher accuracy percentage?

1.)The fact that you have been watching MMA since the beginning of the UFC is not relevant in any way.

2.) Yes Lyoto looked like a beaten man in rounds 4 and 5. But that doesn't matter. That is 2 rounds out of 5. By your own admission that leaves rounds 1' date='2, and 3 that he didn't look like a beaten man.

Whoever ends the fight looking worse is not relevant. Fights are scored by rounds. Lyoto won 3 rounds. Shogun 2on two. It's basic math. 3 trumps 2.[/quote']

fights are scored by rounds and 4 criteria. effective striking, octagon control, aggression and grappling. ill give machida grappling for the blocked takedowns but i cant give him the other three in more than two rounds.

2.) Yes Lyoto looked like a beaten man in rounds 4 and 5. But that doesn't matter. That is 2 rounds out of 5. By your own admission that leaves rounds 1' date='2, and 3 that he didn't look like a beaten man.

Whoever ends the fight looking worse is not relevant. Fights are scored by rounds. Lyoto won 3 rounds. Shogun 2. It's basic math. 3 trumps 2.[/quote']

first round i thought could have went either way, but round 2-3-4-and 5 i thought shogun won. i thought shogun landed the harder shots of pretty much all the exchanges, i also thought shogun landed more often. not to mention shogun was the aggressor, and controled the action for the most part. IMO shogun got robbed plain and simple.

Fight Metrics don't lie' date=' and while I'm not saying that the stats alone show that Shogun won, I would like to point out that the analysis certainly supports the view that thousands of fans, the announcers and most sports commentators who have weighed in saw the fight.

If Machida is such an "honorable warrior" who lives by this mystical "code of the samurai" then maybe he should acknowledge that he didn't deserve the win.

http://fightmetric.com/fights/Machida-Shogun.html

the fight is decided on who won the most rounds. shogun could of landed 1 million punches in the first round to machidas 1 then shogun go on to lose the next 4 rounds and he would still lose the decision because fights are a round by round basis not the grand total. thats why you have to finish the fights shogon failed to finish the fight

No' date=' he said he thought Rua won the fight. Don't make me post the video.[/quote']

post the video.. but post the entire thing. Dana did indeed say he though Shogun won the fight. But he also did say lyoto won two rounds for sure (1 and 3) and that shogun had 2 rounds for sure (4 and 5) and probably round 2 as well.

However, because Dana thought Shogun had round 2 doesn't mean he did.

the fight is decided on who won the most rounds. shogun could of landed 1 million punches in the first round to machidas 1 then shogun go on to lose the next 4 rounds and he would still lose the decision because fights are a round by round basis not the grand total. thats why you have to finish the fights shogon failed to finish the fight

Thats why the fight metric has a round break down, statistically he only won one round. With other factors in scoring coming into play I would give him "MAYBE" another round based on stuffed takedowns. This decision was a frickin joke.

Ahhh it's all starting to make sense now. So Shogun didnt really out strike Machida 82 to 42 and have a higher accuracy percentage?

No, in fact; that wasn't even Mauricio "SHOGUN" Rua fighting Machida.

It was Jason Guida impersonating him.

Fight Metrics don't lie' date=' and while I'm not saying that the stats alone show that Shogun won, I would like to point out that the analysis certainly supports the view that thousands of fans, the announcers and most sports commentators who have weighed in saw the fight.

If Machida is such an "honorable warrior" who lives by this mystical "code of the samurai" then maybe he should acknowledge that he didn't deserve the win.

sorry mate. Fight metrics does indeed lie. The stats that that link is posting is laughable. Shogun did not land more strikes then Machida in rounds 1 and 3. And that link has in way ahead in those rounds. That link is a lie.

Thats why the fight metric has a round break down' date=' statistically he only won one round. With other factors in scoring coming into play I would give him "MAYBE" another round based on stuffed takedowns. This decision was a frickin joke.[/quote']

fight metric said machida only landed 3 strikes total in 4th round im gonna have to watch this fight again and score myself and see how accurate it is.

i like machida and i am not gointg to bad mouth him. and ppl pls stop bad mouthing machida. IT WAS IN THE JUDGES HANDS. machida fought with rua and it was entertaining good fight that had you wondering wat way the judges were going to go and had me on the edge of my seat as the judges result was being read. i was disapointed with the result and truly believed shogun won. but the judges saw differently. and not much can b done but lets get the rematch nice and fast. lets see them go and bring the house down with spectatular technique

He really has noone else but himself to blame... If he really wanted it he should have put Machida out before it went to the judges... Just striking with leg kicks alone isn't going to win you a belt you'll have to do more to convince the judges you want the belt...

Well if thats the case rampage is going to want his belt back . >.< its not the effect of the kicks but how many and how powerful and i think shogun atleast matched forrest in the leg kicks.;)

Machida won, I saw them put the belt on him after the match, this was right after Bruce Buffer announced Machida as the winner, which happened after Machida won rounds 1,2,and3.

Machida won' date=' I saw them put the belt on him after the match, this was right after Bruce Buffer announced Machida as the winner, which happened after Machida won rounds 1,2,and3.[/quote']

rest easy knowing that fact that machida was overrated. shogun exposed him and got robbed.

Machida won' date=' I saw them put the belt on him after the match, this was right after Bruce Buffer announced Machida as the winner, which happened after Machida won rounds 1,2,and3.[/quote']

Best post yet.

It's more like poor commentating on Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg. The only reason you Shogun bandwagoners think he won is because all they talked about was Shogun and didn't even realize the fact that all he did was kick and damn near every time he did Machida countered. I don't think it should've been via UD but Machida won. His attacks were way more varied and did more damage than Shogun's did' date=' and don't say "did you see Machida's rib?" Yes I did, and I also saw how it barely phased him. Shogun put in some good shots too and used his Muay Thai very effectively, but Machida overall landed the more varied, bigger hits. Every time he got hit he threw it right back at Shogun. If Shogun utilized his punches and the clinch, I think he would've won, but the simple fact is that he didn't. The judges are judges for a reason. They're good at their job, and they know what they're doing. Just because the commentators only talk about Shogun doesn't mean he is winning.[/quote']

I was actually at the fight and you dont hear the commentators so i can tell you Shogun won this fight, even people cheering for Machida said they felt Shogun won.Did you see Machida face? he did not feel like a winner that night. every one knows the true LHW Champion is Mauricio Shogun Rua!

just watched the first 2 rounds again, volume off. In my mind, Machida clearly won those rounds, no question. After that I give Shogun 2 rounds, and the other a toss up, close, but its a fair win. Shogun should of went for the knockout.

The post fight interview

http://mmalinker.com/external/frames...nference_Video

To settle the statistical arguement. Look at each rounds break down not just the totals.

Haha I wonder which I should believe - all those forum posters saying this or that... or stats from reliable websites like fightmetric (as quoted above). If fightmetric alone couldn't convince people, how about ALL the reliable MMA news sites saying Rua won according to how they judged it. The only morons..err I mean judges who said Machida won are those three in the fight itself.

just watched the first 2 rounds again, volume off. In my mind, Machida clearly won those rounds, no question. After that I give Shogun 2 rounds, and the other a toss up, close, but its a fair win. Shogun should of went for the knockout. All the haters need to just deal with it.

No he didn't Watch it a second time. I admit I scored it for Machida at first, but Shogun won rounds 1, (in my opinion) 4 and 5. Everyone has stated why he deserved the W countless times already.

I will say that Rogan and Goldie's commentary was little over the top in terms of a Shogun bias.

i like machida and i am not gointg to bad mouth him. And ppl pls stop bad mouthing machida. It was in the judges hands. Machida fought with rua and it was entertaining good fight that had you wondering wat way the judges were going to go and had me on the edge of my seat as the judges result was being read. I was disapointed with the result and truly believed shogun won. But the judges saw differently. And not much can b done but lets get the rematch nice and fast. Lets see them go and bring the house down with spectatular technique

not machidas fault ,he knows he lost,he should have handed him the belt and been like you beat me dude ,you slayed the dragon and you finally get the belt you have been waiting for since pride you were the better man tonight ,shogun rua best lhw in the world and the true champion

I was actually at the fight and you dont hear the commentators so i can tell you Shogun won this fight' date=' even people cheering for Machida said they felt Shogun won.Did you see Machida face? he did not feel like a winner that night. every one knows the true LHW Champion is Mauricio Shogun Rua![/quote']

Indeed. How many times does it have to be said that the people in the audience won't be able to hear the commentators. With or without the commentators, they still thought Shogun won. Those who can't hear the fight (like being in a crowded sports bar) though Shogun won.

Mad respect for both fighters, regardless of outcome, but a lot of us MMA fans know who truly won that night. It's just that the CSAC judges suck.

Pride FC-style judging should be seriously considered now.

I'll admit, I thought Machida was gonna put Shogun to sleep. He really shut me up. He is definitely back in Pride form. Machida's win at best is barely justifiable. I do think Shogun was robbed however. Hopefully he'll win the next one. I have no idea what he did to deserve bad karma like that.

I think Shogun won rounds 1,2, and 4. Machida took the 3rd and I think the 5th was a toss up. I agree with a comment Joe Rogan had made about how they need to re-vamp the scoring system. Fights like this just show why they need to do so. I think Shogun should be the light heavyweight champion. My opinion is also completely unbiased I'm not really a fan of either fighter. I really just can't see how you think Machida won this fight, I've watched it several times, and I just can't see it.

Haha I wonder which I should believe - all those forum posters saying this or that... or stats from reliable websites like fightmetric (as quoted above). If fightmetric alone couldn't convince people' date=' how about ALL the reliable MMA news sites saying Rua won according to how they judged it. The only morons..err I mean judges who said Machida won are those three in the fight itself.[/quote']

exactly...you said it all right there. every major mma website shows they scored it in favor of shogun along with fightmetric. it doesnt matter what all the machida fans say. the facts speak for themselves.

Agreed for those who said shogun had no chance before the fight are nuts it was pride shogun lastnight. He is the true champ like young silva said.

I still miss pride fc lol

exactly...you said it all right there. every major mma website shows they scored it in favor of shogun along with fightmetric. it doesnt matter what all the machida fans say. the facts speak for themselves.

fight metric doesnt even include the nice knees machida landed on shogun especially the ones to the face

not machidas fault ' date='he knows he lost,he should have handed him the belt and been like you beat me dude ,you slayed the dragon and you finally get the belt you have been waiting for since pride you were the better man tonight ,shogun rua best lhw in the world and the true champion[/quote']

No one would ever do that. Shogun gets an immediate rematch. It was a close fight.I wish people would stop complaining.

He should have known that he lost first three rounds' date=' and needed a stoppage in last two rounds. Just because Lyoto did not dominate as expected does not make Shogun the champ. Does he realize that punches are in fact allowed in the UFC? Shogun did not do enough to win that fight. All you Pride wanna-be's should quit your crying.[/quote']

Hey retard. look at the post fight pics. Machida had at least 3 cuts on his lip and nose and Shogun was relatively spotless. Either way, Machida was the guy who was merely surviving and it looked like Shogun could have gone 2-3 more rounds to settle it. the bottom line is that Shogun imposed his will on MAchida most of the fight and deserved the decision. Shogun won the last 2 rounds decisively, the other 3 were pretty close but you wouldnt think that MAchida would get all 3 of the questionable rounds by all 3 judges.