Sign in to follow this  
mtagt56

British show the americans what MMA is all about.

Lets all stand up and give the brits a round of applause. Throughout the ultimate fighter 9 the Americans spent to much time boasting and bragging about what they where going to do to the brits and less actual showing what they where going to do.

We enter the final and throughout the night including the pre-lims the british dominate the americans time after time after time. Wilks destroyed the Glass Jaw Demarquez (who realisticly was lucky to be in the final) Nick in the prelims destroyed his apponent.

The lets cast our mind back 1 week in Germany, how many times did the brits beat the americans (was it every fight)

You gota hand it to us we know how to fight and our team moral and never say die attitude showed the world of MMA that we are at the forefront. Its a matter of time before we have british UFC Champ.

Well done lads

wow, its like when you have a foot race with alittle kid and let them win. and this guy is really into it lol. just so you know dana white is on a huge push to move the ufc into different countrys. he claims mma will be the most popular sport in the world in 10 years. england is an untapped market. so dana puts a group of sub par americans in to fight englands best. think im a liar? check out the usa guys records. having an 18-9 record or a 2-2 record doesnt exactly make you the cream of the crop. but in the end dana will choose money over pride every time. and in ufc 99 i cant help but think your talkin about hardy. he has been gettin pretty easy fights and doesnt really have much to gloat about. kos,serra,hughs,fitch,penn,st pierre. he couldnt fight with any of them. notice hardy is following the same path as bisping. stay away from the top rung american guys so they dont get ko'd and the britts lose thier hero.

wow' date=' its like when you have a foot race with alittle kid and let them win. and this guy is really into it lol. just so you know dana white is on a huge push to move the ufc into different countrys. he claims mma will be the most popular sport in the world in 10 years. england is an untapped market. so dana puts a group of sub par americans in to fight englands best. think im a liar? check out the usa guys records. having an 18-9 record or a 2-2 record doesnt exactly make you the cream of the crop. but in the end dana will choose money over pride every time. and in ufc 99 i cant help but think your talkin about hardy. he has been gettin pretty easy fights and doesnt really have much to gloat about. kos,serra,hughs,fitch,penn,st pierre. he couldnt fight with any of them. notice hardy is following the same path as bisping. stay away from the top rung american guys so they dont get ko'd and the britts lose thier hero.[/quote']

Dude you sound like a sore sore looooser!!! Typical!!

Also what you saying about Hardy having easy fights is also crap! He's only had 3 fights in the UFC and already beat Marcus Davis., thats a pretty damn good start if you ask me!

Lets all stand up and give the brits a round of applause. Throughout the ultimate fighter 9 the Americans spent to much time boasting and bragging about what they where going to do to the brits and less actual showing what they where going to do.

We enter the final and throughout the night including the pre-lims the british dominate the americans time after time after time. Wilks destroyed the Glass Jaw Demarquez (who realisticly was lucky to be in the final) Nick in the prelims destroyed his apponent.

The lets cast our mind back 1 week in Germany' date=' how many times did the brits beat the americans (was it every fight)

You gota hand it to us we know how to fight and our team moral and never say die attitude showed the world of MMA that we are at the forefront. Its a matter of time before we have british UFC Champ.

Well done lads[/quote']

I absolutely do, but how about a little class in winning man. And lets not get things twisted, while I'm a HUGE fan of a LOT of the UK team, they have a long way to go! And now they get to run into the top talent the US has to offer in the LW and WW Div. (more in the LW lol) So lets not get TOO ****Y yet ok? :)

I absolutely do' date=' but how about a little class in winning man. And lets not get things twisted, while I'm a HUGE fan of a LOT of the UK team, they have a long way to go! And now they get to run into the top talent the US has to offer in the LW and WW Div. (more in the LW lol) So lets not get TOO ****Y yet ok? :)[/quote']

Oh my god, here we go with the frickin class thing again ! Its not about the class, its about the winning!

im not at all a sore loser. everyone knew usa's team was crap back when they released the cast way before the show even started. its just easy to see. and so what if hardy beat marcus davis? a single win over a mid rung fighter means we should see that the uk has now arived? good luck to those uk guys. i dont hate em for it, but dont brag about a bone that was given to you.

now that season is over back to reality. check out some of the hw they have this year. we had a local guy who was 7-0 as an amateur and 9-1 as a pro try out for season 10 and he was turned away. id like to get to see some of that talent mixed with uk guys (or lads as you like to call em)

Oh my god' date=' here we go with the frickin class thing again ! Its not about the class, its about the winning![/quote']

OK, I've be a Ross fan since the show started. But lets see him beat BJ!!! Then you can talk.

ross is an ok fighter but not worth all this talk from the uk chaps. he couldnt beat a florian or a penn, sherk, diego, guida.....for that matter i dont think he could handle joe daddy either.

ross is an ok fighter but not worth all this talk from the uk chaps. he couldnt beat a florian or a penn' date=' sherk, diego, guida.....for that matter i dont think he could handle joe daddy either.[/quote']

Maybe, but give him time! He has the drive and the hunger and the skill do do big things in the future!!!

i agree he does have a bright future. and i have nothing against him and look forward to seeing him grow. its just so annoying to hear britts wanting all this respect and recognition right now, before any of thier stars have beaten anyone. ill give all the praise in the world when they've beaten some top tier fighters, but dont demand a round of applause for beating those guys.

Oh my god' date=' here we go with the frickin class thing again ! Its not about the class, its about the winning![/quote']

It IS about winning, but that doesn't mean we need to throw class out of the window. Yes the Brits have done well,(I'm English myself BTW), but don't forget that Wilks has been training in the US for 10yrs. We have good up and coming fighters (eg Hathaway and Etim), but a lot of our guys have yet to beat anybody in the upper rankings.

i dont even care that much that we won as a team, i just love that demaques lost. wilks owned him. all that trash talk and he barely landed a punch on him!! wilks has a great future ahead of him.

Congrats to the winners! However, Wilkes is hardly a UK guy, meaning he has trained in the US for what 8 years now, that is a loooong time and the UK can't take credit for his training, and I am actually surprised he was allowed to fight on team UK, just because of his heritage I guess. Not being a sore loser, just bringing up the facts though.

Between him and Demarques, both are very skilled, and its a fight, anything can happen, and Wilkes got the better of some of the situations. To bad D couldn't hold off for 8 more seconds, that was probally the worst for me, almost done for the round, could of come back and recoup. I think we will be seeing both fighters. Despite how he felt about Wilkes, he graciously lost and showed respect in the loss, so you can't bash him for that.

Winner and Ross, great great fight, I had no clue who would win that, both showed skill and determination, and winner should NOT be down about the loss, it was soo close. Both with some good training will do something if they want to.

Congrats to the winners! However' date=' Wilkes is hardly a UK guy, meaning he has trained in the US for what 8 years now, that is a loooong time and the UK can't take credit for his training, and I am actually surprised he was allowed to fight on team UK, just because of his heritage I guess. Not being a sore loser, just bringing up the facts though.

Between him and Demarques, both are very skilled, and its a fight, anything can happen, and Wilkes got the better of some of the situations. To bad D couldn't hold off for 8 more seconds, that was probally the worst for me, almost done for the round, could of come back and recoup. I think we will be seeing both fighters. Despite how he felt about Wilkes, he graciously lost and showed respect in the loss, so you can't bash him for that.

Winner and Ross, great great fight, I had no clue who would win that, both showed skill and determination, and winner should NOT be down about the loss, it was soo close. Both with some good training will do something if they want to.[/quote']

I agree Wilkes is about as British as what Marcus Davis is irish he has spent number of years in the states and actually resides in the states so ia gree with you soulgow but also have to say he is british born. But some excellent points

I honestly dont believe some of the tripe I have read today.

Training does not in any way affect your nationality.

In any sport, if you play for your national team, that is the place you are from. REGARDLESS of where you live.

James Wilks was born and raised in the UK. Hence he represented the British team.

If he lives in Beijing for 10 years he doesn't become Chinese, does he?!?!?!

Utter ridiculous.

well of course we (the uk TUF team ) woudlnt beat all those guys that are getting the best training etc etc its a feeder system for the UFC none of the past TUF fighters have stepped out of the house into a title fight, they never have nad never will, even the comeback series did not project all the fighters instantly back into the top rung, some did and fell out again. Ross Nick Dre James et al have all demonstrated potential and will over the next 2 years either sink or swim. And whilst I'm standing on my soap box where were all these doubts about the US team throughout the series..all we heard was how they were gonna whup our bottoms waaah waaah we lost so it must be our second team pig off they picked a team fair and square and had no idea who they were going to be matched with. MMA is catching on fast over here and already a lot of good Brits are finding their way into the UFC..Paul Kelly Paul Taylor Dan hardy, al turk and of course Bisping who may have had a bit of help from Dana White but hey ** havent they all ( and he will still send that numpty Hendo tumbling back down his hill ) . At the end of the day its a business just like all the talent shows and pop this and idol that and X this and of course the owners are going to influence events to a degree. Dana is the Cowell of MMA and he wont be cutting his own throat by making apig of a show. Rule Britannia, marmalade and jam,

Five Chinese crackers up your **** go

BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG

I honestly dont believe some of the tripe I have read today.

Training does not in any way affect your nationality.

In any sport' date=' if you play for your national team, that is the place you are from. REGARDLESS of where you live.

James Wilks was born and raised in the UK. Hence he represented the British team.

If he lives in Beijing for 10 years he doesn't become Chinese, does he?!?!?!

Utter ridiculous.[/quote']

Um if nationality means you have an accent. There are people of ethnicity that compete on the US olympic team, just because they have a heritage or nationality does not mean they are any less american, because they have lived here, worked and trained here. Americans come from all walks, shapes, colors and ethnic backrounds, if they chose to live here, they are Americans, not something else. If I move and live in China for 10 years, then I am no longer an American, I have chose to live and work in another country, residing legally, I become a citizen of that Country. Just because I may not look Chinese, does not mean I am not apart of thier culture and work force. So I am not really sure what you mean..

Um if nationality means you have an accent. There are people of ethnicity that compete on the US olympic team' date=' just because they have a heritage or nationality does not mean they are any less american, because they have lived here, worked and trained here. Americans come from all walks, shapes, colors and ethnic backrounds, if they chose to live here, they are Americans, not something else. If I move and live in China for 10 years, then I am no longer an American, I have chose to live and work in another country, residing legally, I become a citizen of that Country. Just because I may not look Chinese, does not mean I am not apart of thier culture and work force. So I am not really sure what you mean..[/quote']

Your wrong dude and you know it!! Utter crap!

In hinesight it looked liked a stacked deck.Someone is hustling MONEY is what makes the world go around...I am saving up for the DANA tax aka UFC 100 just another one of the many bills lol Imagine just how much money the government makes off all of us collectively now that number is insane Money money money or as ROGAN says DOLLAR DOLLAR bill yall it turns even the monkeys to slizuts

wow' date=' its like when you have a foot race with alittle kid and let them win. and this guy is really into it lol. just so you know dana white is on a huge push to move the ufc into different countrys. he claims mma will be the most popular sport in the world in 10 years. england is an untapped market. so dana puts a group of sub par americans in to fight englands best. think im a liar? check out the usa guys records. having an 18-9 record or a 2-2 record doesnt exactly make you the cream of the crop. but in the end dana will choose money over pride every time. and in ufc 99 i cant help but think your talkin about hardy. he has been gettin pretty easy fights and doesnt really have much to gloat about. kos,serra,hughs,fitch,penn,st pierre. he couldnt fight with any of them. notice hardy is following the same path as bisping. stay away from the top rung american guys so they dont get ko'd and the britts lose thier hero.[/quote']

shows how much you know about mma..hardy is 3-0 and fighting marcus davis in his 3rd fight was a big test and he came through it...most ufc fighters fight easier fighters at the start but hardy hasn't...I THINK YOUR MAD BECUS HE WOOPED DAVIS AND TERRY ETIM BEAT JUSTIN BUCCHOLZ AND THAT OUR BOYS WOOPED YOU YANKS IN TUF 9 GET OVER IT AND ALL THE YANKS THAT WERE IN TUF FOUGHT THERE WAY TO GET THERE...TYPICAL YANK

shows how much you know about mma..hardy is 3-0 and fighting marcus davis in his 3rd fight was a big test and he came through it...most ufc fighters fight easier fighters at the start but hardy hasn't...I THINK YOUR MAD BECUS HE WOOPED DAVIS AND TERRY ETIM BEAT JUSTIN BUCCHOLZ AND THAT OUR BOYS WOOPED YOU YANKS IN TUF 9 GET OVER IT AND ALL THE YANKS THAT WERE IN TUF FOUGHT THERE WAY TO GET THERE...TYPICAL YANK

You need to stop with the "yank" racists crap. Understand?

Your wrong dude and you know it!! Utter crap!

not wrong one bit. How can you argue with the logic that if you move to another country for a decade, live, work, become a citizen that you are not apart of that country just becuase you lived somewhere else at one point? you can't.

Not being disrepectful, but you are making it seem like to be an american you have to be from a certain mold. This is so not true, FACT, if you move and live somewhere, you become apart of that culture and country, NO MATTER where you came from. True you always have your roots, but in Wilkes case, he lived here for almost a decade, trained here, heck is opening up a Gym in California. Just because at one time he lived in the UK does not mean he is not an American. He is an American now, he has chosen to live here.

I mean lets be honest, he has opened up a gym and business, where? in the US in California, doesn't seem very patriotic of his home country does it, surely to be representing his country, in which he has not lived in for about a decade. He is an American now, works here, lives and trains here. He has roots from the UK, but he has chose to live here.

I say this because of the comments about how the British show Americans what MMA is all about. That is a strange comment based on a few fighters on this show. I am glad for the winners, no matter where they came from, to pull this country shows this country crap is really kinda funny.

Bet your a kimbo fan 2 Wilks is a natural i will give that to you and pearson.

You need to stop with the "yank" racists crap. Understand?

Is "Yank" racist??

If so, I'm gonna be pissed at a lot of my UK friends!! LOL I get called that all the time. I always thought it was just a slang for the US. I guess it can be if you use it in a bad context though.

i agree he does have a bright future. And i have nothing against him and look forward to seeing him grow. Its just so annoying to hear britts wanting all this respect and recognition right now' date=' before any of thier stars have beaten anyone. Ill give all the praise in the world when they've beaten some top tier fighters, but dont demand a round of applause for beating those guys.[/quote']

hell yeah we want a bit of recognition for a sport that has only been in britain for a couple of years man..we have done well to get alot of fighters into the ufc and have had 3 tuf winners.. All the tuf winners wern't great like richard,griffin,sanchaz but they improved dramatically when they actually started fighting in the ufc and gaining valuable experience...cumon man britain has done well to get where we are at the minute..we have young fighters coming through lyk terry etim,hathway..dan hardy bisping is closing in on a title shot .. The ufc is huge in america it is very small in britain remember this..i think your comments were slightly out of line however a few brits on here are going over the top lol

Is "Yank" racist??

If so' date=' I'm gonna be pissed at a lot of my UK friends!! LOL I get called that all the time. I always thought it was just a slang for the US. I guess it can be if you use it in a bad context though.[/quote']

I would geuss that it is like a black guy callin a black guy something!White on white crime?Or a way to say hey brother or cousen etc?

bet your a kimbo fan 2 wilks is a natural i will give that to you and pearson.

yank is not racist mate that is what brits have always called the us..some people do use it in a bad context but most don't.. But just let us brits have our moment this tuf 9 series is gonna get alot more young people into mma gyms in britain

not wrong one bit. How can you argue with the logic that if you move to another country for a decade' date=' live, work, become a citizen that you are not apart of that country just becuase you lived somewhere else at one point? you can't.

Not being disrepectful, but you are making it seem like to be an american you have to be from a certain mold. This is so not true, FACT, if you move and live somewhere, you become apart of that culture and country, NO MATTER where you came from. True you always have your roots, but in Wilkes case, he lived here for almost a decade, trained here, heck is opening up a Gym in California. Just because at one time he lived in the UK does not mean he is not an American. He is an American now, he has chosen to live here.

I mean lets be honest, he has opened up a gym and business, where? in the US in California, doesn't seem very patriotic of his home country does it, surely to be representing his country, in which he has not lived in for about a decade. He is an American now, works here, lives and trains here. He has roots from the UK, but he has chose to live here.

I say this because of the comments about how the British show Americans what MMA is all about. That is a strange comment based on a few fighters on this show. I am glad for the winners, no matter where they came from, to pull this country shows this country crap is really kinda funny.[/quote']

The President of America must be American, so does this mean that Wilks could now run for office? I know it's kind of a silly example, but regardless of where he now lives Wilks is still British. In fact he's officially a British Immigrant. And he chose to come back to Britain to represent Team UK.

not wrong one bit. How can you argue with the logic that if you move to another country for a decade' date=' live, work, become a citizen that you are not apart of that country just becuase you lived somewhere else at one point? you can't.

I say this because of the comments about how the British show Americans what MMA is all about. That is a strange comment based on a few fighters on this show. I am glad for the winners, no matter where they came from, to pull this country shows this country crap is really kinda funny.[/quote']

Citizenship is a legal thing used to decide where you can live and work. If he has children, and they are born and raised in America, they will be American, with British heritage. Just like Marcus Davis is American with Irish heritage.

Take Arnold Schwarzenegger for example. He has American Citizenship. I presume he does anyways, seeing as he is the Governor of California. However, he can NEVER be President because he is not American. He is Austrian. It actually states it somewhere in your constitution.

No matter where you move to in your life, you dont change your nationality.

I honestly can not believe you think it does.

(ps: as for the fighters bit, I completely agree. The acts of one or two individuals cant compare two nations. Its silly)

I agree Wilkes is about as British as what Marcus Davis is irish he has spent number of years in the states and actually resides in the states so ia gree with you soulgow but also have to say he is british born. But some excellent points

All the skills off the mixed martial artist come from all over. The Americans main influence is wrestling, jujitsu is from Japan and Brazil etc etc. So the point about where Wilks trained is irrelevant. Quinten Jackson has been training in uk with Bisping alot that doesn't make him English. You don't loose your national pride just because you live elseware just ask the Polish guys over here in uk . Most of em don't really like it here they just make more money.

There's no disputing that there's more good training camps in the usa for mma fighters as the sport is much more popular there and if Wilks has set up his own business (gym) it obviously makes economical sense for him to do it there rather than over here.

yank is not racist mate that is what brits have always called the us..some people do use it in a bad context but most don't.. But just let us brits have our moment this tuf 9 series is gonna get alot more young people into mma gyms in britain

I am a fan of 3 uk ers from this season...1 gassed out early and had a chest prob the other 2 won.And MMA in europe is awesome it is the only true man on man combat sport.It will do what the nfl soccer and all other sports could not it will gap all races and colors!And in 10 years MMA will be world wide and i welcome all german to french to russian to african to south american.We all can respect the same sport regardless of coulture speech ideals etc.... It is a gr8 thing.

Is "Yank" racist??

If so' date=' I'm gonna be pissed at a lot of my UK friends!! LOL I get called that all the time. I always thought it was just a slang for the US. I guess it can be if you use it in a bad context though.[/quote']

The comments he was making "typical Yank" and what not are stereotypical which is a form of racism to me. The term "Yank" in it's self is not, but the context he was saying it was derogatory.

well of course we (the uk TUF team ) none of the past TUF fighters have stepped out of the house into a title fight' date=' they never have nad never will, even the comeback series did not project all the fighters instantly back into the top rung,

BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG[/quote']

HUH? Serra and Lutter immediately got title shots after the season.

Citizenship is a legal thing used to decide where you can live and work. If he has children' date=' and they are born and raised in America, they will be American, with British heritage. Just like Marcus Davis is American with Irish heritage.

Take Arnold Schwarzenegger for example. He has American Citizenship. I presume he does anyways, seeing as he is the Governor of California. However, he can NEVER be President because he is not American. He is Austrian. It actually states it somewhere in your constitution.

No matter where you move to in your life, you dont change your nationality.

I honestly can not believe you think it does.

(ps: as for the fighters bit, I completely agree. The acts of one or two individuals cant compare two nations. Its silly)[/quote']

Really not following your logic. So in your assemsment, Arnold would represent his country of birth in sporting events, rather then the US, where he has lived, worked and now has citizenship etc etc? Of course not, he would represent the US, cause he lives, works, and has made a life here. really, only being president of this country means you have to be born here, many people who are not originally from here have made a life, and are now Americans and would represent their country (america) in whatever they decided to compete in. Arnold is NOT representing his country in politics is he? He is representing the place he has now lived in for quite awhile, here in America. Know many people with accents, speak different languages, moved here from wherever, of course there heritage will not change, but they have chosen to live here and become citizens, they are Americans now, you can't argue with that.

Obviously Wilkes likes it here, and has decided to make a life in California. He has opened up a gym here, I am not sure how patriotic that is, specially since he was supposedly representing his country. Clearly he lives and works here, and most likely is an American Citizen. I guess its only convenient not to be an American in certain times, meanwhile enjoying the benifits that this country has given him.

but once again congrats to the winners.

Really not following your logic. So in your assemsment' date=' Arnold would represent his country of birth in sporting events, rather then the US, where he has lived, worked and now has citizenship etc etc? Of course not, he would represent the US, cause he lives, works, and has made a life here. really, only being president of this country means you have to be born here, many people who are not originally from here have made a life, and are now Americans and would represent their country (america) in whatever they decided to compete in. Arnold is NOT representing his country in politics is he? He is representing the place he has now lived in for quite awhile, here in America. Know many people with accents, speak different languages, moved here from wherever, of course there heritage will not change, but they have chosen to live here and become citizens, they are Americans now, you can't argue with that.

Obviously Wilkes likes it here, and has decided to make a life in California. He has opened up a gym here, I am not sure how patriotic that is, specially since he was supposedly representing his country. Clearly he lives and works here, and most likely is an American Citizen. I guess its only convenient not to be an American in certain times, meanwhile enjoying the benifits that this country has given him.

but once again congrats to the winners.[/quote']

In the vast majority of sporting competitions there are rules that mean you can "qualify" to play for a country by the residency rule. ie, you lived there long enough to become a citizen, so you are eligible to represent them. But regardless of this, MOST people represent the country of their birth because that is their nationality.

In football (soccer to you guys) - Deco is from Brazil, but he represents Portugal through this rule. When he first played for them, the amoutn of anger from Portuguese players and fans alike was trememdous because they felt he was Brazilian, not Portuguese.

Players like Brad Friedel, and Brian McBride have made a career out of living and playing football in England, or other european place because that is where the best competition is. But they still choose to represent America because they are America, regardless of where they live and make their money.

In Basketball, the huge Chinese guy that plays for Houston (sorry if he has moved, I may not be up to speed) plays for China. Loul Deng at the bulls plays for Great Britain.

Yes there is always going to be a minority of sportsmen that choose to take advantage of the residency/citizenship rule. And some of them might genuinely feel that it is because they have no affinity to their place of birth.

However, the vast majority of sportsmen, regardless of where they live, will choose to represent the place where they come from. Not the place where they live.

So to answer your question - Arnie may be eligible to play sport for the States, but 99% of sportsmen would think he should represent Austria.

If you are one of the minority, then that is fine. Like I said, there are rules there that mean people can do that. But you are honestly in the minority. The list of names of sportsmen accross the world will HUGELY favour what I am saying.

And how this relates to Wilks is that he obviously still has an affinity with his home, but chooses to make a better life for himself in America. But like I said before, Brad Friedel has done that here, and nobody claims he should be playing for England (even though I think he is better than any english goalkeeper) or that he is English. Because he is not. He is American. Just like Wilks is English.

I love a good debate, and want to thank the two of you for putting up good points and debating this in a civil manner. You both get gold stars. lol

I love a good debate' date=' and want to thank the two of you for putting up good points and debating this in a civil manner. You both get gold stars. lol[/quote']

Which I will steal while they are not looking and put next to my name!!! :P

i dont have any problem with the uk or with any other country that competes. i think ross could have a good future ahead of him. etims not bad either. im just saying that if you are going to go out of your way to open a thread and demand recognition for your achievments..........maybe you should have some big wins under your belt first. marcus davis is hardly something to brag about. he's ok but come on. furthermore id like to point out that there are tons of places looking better then the uk that do get recognition. brazil, canada, mexico, china, japan,etc. at this point though, the uk hasnt done anything to deserve bragging rights. congrats on a step in the right direction.

to be honest with you i think most of the uk talent actually fighting would admit that they havent yet arrived. and when you lads are running around demanding the usa to give credit your only making the uk talent look bad.

and btw i started watching mma when 150lbs men were fighting 300lbs in sweat pants and tennis shoes. also id add that one of the usa fighters was a local fighter. he wasnt even the best in his weight class in this local fighting league.

i dont have any problem with the uk or with any other country that competes. i think ross could have a good future ahead of him. etims not bad either. im just saying that if you are going to go out of your way to open a thread and demand recognition for your achievments..........maybe you should have some big wins under your belt first. marcus davis is hardly something to brag about. he's ok but come on. furthermore id like to point out that there are tons of places looking better then the uk that do get recognition. brazil' date=' canada, mexico, china, japan,etc. at this point though, the uk hasnt done anything to deserve bragging rights. congrats on a step in the right direction.

to be honest with you i think most of the uk talent actually fighting would admit that they havent yet arrived. and when you lads are running around demanding the usa to give credit your only making the uk talent look bad.

and btw i started watching mma when 150lbs men were fighting 300lbs in sweat pants and tennis shoes. also id add that one of the usa fighters was a local fighter. he wasnt even the best in his weight class in this local fighting league.[/quote']

I mainly agree with you, but just a couple of points.

1 - Marcus Davis is American.

2 - It doesn't matter how long you have been watching MMA. Thats a "my dad can beat up your dad" argument. It has the opposite effect you want it to by stating it.

3 - Both teams were missing guys that could have strengthened them.

But like I said, your main over-riding point is completely right. Most British fans should put the brakes on a little bit. I mean we haven't even had a British guy fight for a title yet (if I am wrong here I expect full beat downs from someone!). But, a little bit of success does raise the spirits, so although it needs to be toned down a bit - maybe not too much!

eh, not so much worried about how i look to people on here. just saying, it used to be a thing most people didnt even know existed. the fan base was microscopic. for those who did watch it from the begining, you see how annoying it is to have a guy who started watching because of brock tell you "you dont know anything about mma". not mad, just kinda annoying.

but anyways what do you mean marcus davis is an american? i know that, dont recall anyone arguing that point. but either way he's not a top notch fighter. he's not anywhere near competeing for a belt.

oh i get were you got it from. i was talking about bragging about a win over marcus davis. i was saying yes he's an ok fighter but not worth the uk guys bragging about beating him.

eh' date=' not so much worried about how i look to people on here. just saying, it used to be a thing most people didnt even know existed. the fan base was microscopic. for those who did watch it from the begining, you see how annoying it is to have a guy who started watching because of brock tell you "you dont know anything about mma". not mad, just kinda annoying.

but anyways what do you mean marcus davis is an american? i know that, dont recall anyone arguing that point. but either way he's not a top notch fighter. he's not anywhere near competeing for a belt.[/quote']

I totally agree with you, that it is kind of annoying. Just saying its not the best way to get a point through. It seems like a kind of desperate "take me serious" statement. I dont mean that in a harsh way, cos I know where your coming from, but saying something sensible on its own has more of an impact than trying to validate it with how long you've been a fan.

Just re-read the Davis thing. I thought you were saying he is not much to be proud of. Afer re-reading, I presume you mean, because he is not that good, that it doesnt mean Hardy is a world beater yet? If so, apologies I misread it. And I agree on that too.

In the vast majority of sporting competitions there are rules that mean you can "qualify" to play for a country by the residency rule. ie' date=' you lived there long enough to become a citizen, so you are eligible to represent them. But regardless of this, MOST people represent the country of their birth because that is their nationality.

In football (soccer to you guys) - Deco is from Brazil, but he represents Portugal through this rule. When he first played for them, the amoutn of anger from Portuguese players and fans alike was trememdous because they felt he was Brazilian, not Portuguese.

Players like Brad Friedel, and Brian McBride have made a career out of living and playing football in England, or other european place because that is where the best competition is. But they still choose to represent America because they are America, regardless of where they live and make their money.

In Basketball, the huge Chinese guy that plays for Houston (sorry if he has moved, I may not be up to speed) plays for China. Loul Deng at the bulls plays for Great Britain.

Yes there is always going to be a minority of sportsmen that choose to take advantage of the residency/citizenship rule. And some of them might genuinely feel that it is because they have no affinity to their place of birth.

However, the vast majority of sportsmen, regardless of where they live, will choose to represent the place where they come from. Not the place where they live.

So to answer your question - Arnie may be eligible to play sport for the States, but 99% of sportsmen would think he should represent Austria.

If you are one of the minority, then that is fine. Like I said, there are rules there that mean people can do that. But you are honestly in the minority. The list of names of sportsmen accross the world will HUGELY favour what I am saying.

And how this relates to Wilks is that he obviously still has an affinity with his home, but chooses to make a better life for himself in America. But like I said before, Brad Friedel has done that here, and nobody claims he should be playing for England (even though I think he is better than any english goalkeeper) or that he is English. Because he is not. He is American. Just like Wilks is English.[/quote']

I disagree mostly and can point just as many examples of people coming from other countries representing the U.S. in sports. Bottom line really, where did they announce Wilkes was fighting out of during the fight? California! They called out the place where he is fighting out of, a place in the states not from the UK. To me, this is way different then Pearson and Winner who's place of training and lodging IS from the UK. I think they represent their country much better as in they trained there, still train there and fight out of a location in the UK. We can't say this for Wilkes, he is fighting out of a united states territory. So it is a bit confusing eh?

I disagree mostly and can point just as many examples of people coming from other countries representing the U.S. in sports. Bottom line really' date=' where did they announce Wilkes was fighting out of during the fight? California! They called out the place where he is fighting out of, a place in the states not from the UK. To me, this is way different then Pearson and Winner who's place of training and lodging IS from the UK. I think they represent their country much better as in they trained there, still train there and fight out of a location in the UK. We can't say this for Wilkes, he is fighting out of a united states territory. So it is a bit confusing eh?[/quote']

I know the point your trying to make, I honestly do, but that doesn't change his nationality, his place of origin, his birthplace. Like I said in another example, Brad Friedel represents a football team from Birmingham (UK not alabama!), but he is American.

If Wilks were to renounce his British nationality and say he wanted to be American, I would agree with you if he went back on it and represented England or GB. But he has always said he is English. Its like Dan Hardy. Would you consider him American cos he lives in LA? He's pretty much as English as it comes.

But like I said, if I were to move to Australia for 10 years for work, and get my Aussie citizenship, I would still choose (in my dreams obviously) to represent Scotland in football.

What confused me was before the Lester Osipczak fight, they put the German flag above Frankie's name! haha, that was cos he was born on a US army base in Germany, but still a bit wierd I think.

I think the win over Marcus was a good win. I am a huge Davis fan.

Look, the UK should be proud of the way their guys performed this season.

I love Ross, and a few others from the show. Nothing wrong with having some UK pride.

I do wish some would tone it down a bit. But not the pride, just some of the "one Country is better then the other" crap.

And I have seen it from both sides.