Sign in to follow this  
mtagt56

British show the americans what MMA is all about.

have u seen the american fighters from previous ufc shows u have no comparison to our fighters' date='i'll give u that this season they got their asses kicked but u know that theirs way better fighters out their than the bums they picked this season from the unemployment office this guys were weak and big psies. those were the best fighters in brittain while we had our worst fighters in america this season.[/quote']

The fighters there in no way represent our strongest fighters. Trust me on this!

Sad fact 75 percent of the badest bad azzes are incarcerated!So we get the slightly domesticated fighters to watch...As for money being a motivator above teaching the art it is simple as in life you have good apples and bad 1's.Parents that enrole children into MMA should take part to see just what is being taught because some instructors care more about a gi fee and monthly dues!MENtors are hard to find in this day and age of instant me me me gratification.

All I have to say is...

"My girlfriends called Jenny"

"I got a dog' date=' shes a cool **** dog"

Pearson is the man... funny as hell too.[/quote']

I laughed at this. (the new lol)

All I have to say is...

"My girlfriends called Jenny"

"I got a dog' date=' shes a cool **** dog"

Pearson is the man... funny as hell too.[/quote']

I freakin died when he said that LMAO!!! Ross is awesome

i dont think the fighters were any better or worse than previous years for example because its freshist in my mind look at tuf8 was no one astounding in it and bader won lol no offence to the guy but i wouldnt put him in a 205 ufc fight agaisnt any class opponents just an example.

Lets all stand up and give the brits a round of applause. Throughout the ultimate fighter 9 the Americans spent to much time boasting and bragging about what they where going to do to the brits and less actual showing what they where going to do.

We enter the final and throughout the night including the pre-lims the british dominate the americans time after time after time. Wilks destroyed the Glass Jaw Demarquez (who realisticly was lucky to be in the final) Nick in the prelims destroyed his apponent.

The lets cast our mind back 1 week in Germany' date=' how many times did the brits beat the americans (was it every fight)

You gota hand it to us we know how to fight and our team moral and never say die attitude showed the world of MMA that we are at the forefront. Its a matter of time before we have british UFC Champ.

Well done lads[/quote']

ye we kicked you american but just a couple of questions. when does tuf 10 start. Which fighters from tuf 9 go to the actual ufc. Also is kevin ferguson actually kimbo slice the monster who used to be on the ufc what happened to him anyway. Can you email this information at: everton-football-club@hotmail.com thanks

hey everytime i visit america you all get my respect, but this has annoyed me, first off you think AMERICA is be all and end all of mma....wrong... first off bbj.. brazilian ...wrestling greek... just to name just a few, fighting in in every british persons blood, we have fought from year 1 , so what you have put a name on it, come out any night during the week around any of the towns in the uk and you will see fighting at its best, not some frat boy in the tighest top he can find, but some skinny kid with fight... you can train to become a fighter yes... but you cant train the heart to become one...

the best fighters i have fought have not come from america or the u.k but the place called malta... its hardcore there... but i bet the GOOD OL folks in the U.S dont know that do they

why dont you just wait and see , the kid is still only young and learning his game... at the end of the day your all haters......

one for ross......... stick it up the lot of them... rule britania

ye we kicked you american but just a couple of questions. when does tuf 10 start. Which fighters from tuf 9 go to the actual ufc. Also is kevin ferguson actually kimbo slice the monster who used to be on the ufc what happened to him anyway. Can you email this information at: everton-football-club@hotmail.com thanks

dang britts! they came in hungry! as everyone saw,

tuf 10 doesnt start till sept. and kimbo slice was never in the ufc. but hes in the tuf house

LOL. Kimbo was never in the UFC.

TUF 10 starts in September.

why dont you just wait and see ' date=' the kid is still only young and learning his game... at the end of the day your all haters......

one for ross......... stick it up the lot of them... rule britania[/quote']

Hey... I am pretty sure all of the people who watched TUF this year love Ross. I believe a couple of us knew he was winning the show after the first fight we saw him in. So... I think you are upset.

Also, if you dont change your tampon, you get TSS.. just telling you now, because it seems someone forgot the changing of the guard today :)

Hey... I am pretty sure all of the people who watched TUF this year love Ross. I believe a couple of us knew he was winning the show after the first fight we saw him in. So... I think you are upset.

Also' date=' if you dont change your tampon, you get TSS.. just telling you now, because it seems someone forgot the changing of the guard today :)[/quote']

See if you mentioned soccer they might shut up.

Also' date=' if you dont change your tampon, you get TSS.. just telling you now, because it seems someone forgot the changing of the guard today :)[/quote']

wow! haha, i was rooting for team usa but i also knew ross pearson was gonna win. i know alot of americans who favored him. u britts take everything to heart :P

wow! haha' date=' i was rooting for team usa but i also knew ross pearson was gonna win. i know alot of americans who favored him. u britts take everything to heart :P[/quote']

If it was always raining and gloomy where you live I'm pretty sure you would hate life and take everything to heart too. Would just be shytty.

wow! haha' date=' i was rooting for team usa but i also knew ross pearson was gonna win. i know alot of americans who favored him. u britts take everything to heart :P[/quote']

I am Canadianos ;)

why dont you just wait and see ' date=' the kid is still only young and learning his game... at the end of the day your all haters......

one for ross......... stick it up the lot of them... rule britania[/quote']

I am a huge fan of Ross's, and I wanted him to win.

I even got him to come on here and post.

I hope to see great things from him in the UFC. Class act.

I knew it all along.

HEY thats now what I said... oh well. Its the Quebecois that are the "frogs" you speak of :)

We love you anyway.

HEY... come on guys... dont make fun of my very loved country...

You guys are D!CK5!! :(

Lets all stand up and give the brits a round of applause. Throughout the ultimate fighter 9 the Americans spent to much time boasting and bragging about what they where going to do to the brits and less actual showing what they where going to do.

We enter the final and throughout the night including the pre-lims the british dominate the americans time after time after time. Wilks destroyed the Glass Jaw Demarquez (who realisticly was lucky to be in the final) Nick in the prelims destroyed his apponent.

The lets cast our mind back 1 week in Germany' date=' how many times did the brits beat the americans (was it every fight)

You gota hand it to us we know how to fight and our team moral and never say die attitude [b']showed the world of MMA that we are at the forefront[/b]. Its a matter of time before we have british UFC Champ.

Well done lads

Lol at the forefront of MMA. Get realistic, you just got suckered into being a diehard fan by business marketing. The UK doesnt even have half the fight camps the USA does. You are a victim of marketing fabrication. If you really believe those US fighters were not fabrications put together to fight sleeper veteran UK fighters than go back and review the records and background of both sides. Youll be surprised to see what happens when you total the records per team and also the extensive background.

GJ you are officially a tool

Lol at the forefront of MMA. Get realistic' date=' you just got suckered into being a diehard fan by business marketing. The UK doesnt even have half the fight camps the USA does. You are a victim of marketing fabrication. If you really believe those US fighters were not fabrications put together to fight sleeper veteran UK fighters than go back and review the records and background of both sides. Youll be surprised to see what happens when you total the records per team and also the extensive background.

GJ you are officially a tool[/quote']

pwn, just a little food for thought.

Canada like france are way closer to the best country slash place to live and raise children.In america you have predatory corps and hospital bills that will create homelessness.Many things can be said about france and or canada but honestly they are more civilized so to say.

Lol at the forefront of MMA. Get realistic' date=' you just got suckered into being a diehard fan by business marketing. The UK doesnt even have half the fight camps the USA does. You are a victim of marketing fabrication. If you really believe those US fighters were not fabrications put together to fight sleeper veteran UK fighters than go back and review the records and background of both sides. Youll be surprised to see what happens when you total the records per team and also the extensive background.

While I would not say it like Chemicals (BTW please stop name calling)

I would agree with part of his post.

The UK did very well on TUF and with Bisping and Hardy getting bigger by the day, are poised to take a spot near the front.............ONE DAY. But, that day is not now! The UK is NOWHERE NEAR the forefront of MMA. I'm not saying you couldn't be down the road, but not yet. Brazil is and HAS been at the front on MMA since it started. Japan is next followed by the USA and Canada as well as a lot of the Eastern European countries like Russia and former members of the old Soviet Union (seeing as how Sambo is a National sport there and that it translates very easily to MMA) The UK is on its way up, no doubt. But don't get crazy with MMA National Pride just yet, as you still have a long way to go. But I do believe you'll get there. Its just going to take a little while longer :)

While I would not say it like Chemicals (BTW please stop name calling)

I would agree with part of his post.

The UK did very well on TUF and with Bisping and Hardy getting bigger by the day' date=' are poised to take a spot near the front.............ONE DAY. But, that day is not now! The UK is NOWHERE NEAR the forefront of MMA. I'm not saying you couldn't be down the road, but not yet. Brazil is and HAS been at the front on MMA since it started. Japan is next followed by the USA and Canada as well as a lot of the Eastern European countries like Russia and former members of the old Soviet Union (seeing as how Sambo is a National sport there and that it translates very easily to MMA) The UK is on its way up, no doubt. But don't get crazy with MMA National Pride just yet, as you still have a long way to go. But I do believe you'll get there. Its just going to take a little while longer :)[/quote']

I would say CHINA is the reigning birth place of mma...

I think you would be suprised at the level of MMA in Britain. Ok so the organisations are only just gaining prominence but we, like you, have Japan.

The reason we dont have as many training camps as you is erm...

Possibly coz we live on a tiny island and you live on a massive continent.

But apart from that, I dont think we are far away. Remember we had the hardest man that ever lived, the Guvnor Lennie McLean. Way before MMA.

First... The UK won fair and square.

Second... the US and the UK didnt really get to have their best fighters at 100% for most of the show... for many reasons.

Third... You guys make it seem like it was the ELITE from the UK, vs the WORST from the US.. and that was not the case at all.

Finally... who the hell cares? I think the only people who were suckered in to the marketing idea of US vs UK were the people who actually bought into "oh its us vs them! We will beat them because we are the best!"... Who CARES!? Its only a TV show.. If I made a TV show US vs Brazil for MMA... and I got some decent US and decent Brazilians, and the US won... would that mean the US is better? Probably not in all honesty.

No, you guys dont like that you got beat and make up as many excuses as you can devise.

Its ok to have some national pride, guess what? Its what nations are built on.

You are showing a sh!t load of it yourselves right here, right now.

First of all, who is GJ? Second, stop with the name calling.

Britain at the forefront of MMA?????????????????????? Lol what a joke. The only thing the Brits are better then the US at is probably soccer hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Cheerios mate!!!!

Britain at the forefront of MMA?????????????????????? Lol what a joke. The only thing the Brits are better then the US at is probably soccer hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Cheerios mate!!!!

I dont know about that now, USA beat spain the other day, spain destroyed us!!!!!!

I think this TUF series has shown that we are improving as a nation in MMA, but we are still quite a way behind other nations like USA and Brasil.

If we keep improving and produce more fighters of the ilk as Etim,Pearson,Bisping and Hardy, then i believe there is every chance of seeing a british champion in the UFC in the very near future..

I dont know about that now' date=' USA beat spain the other day, spain destroyed us!!!!!!

I think this TUF series has shown that we are improving as a nation in MMA, but we are still quite a way behind other nations like USA and Brasil.

If we keep improving and produce more fighters of the ilk as Etim,Pearson,Bisping and Hardy, then i believe there is every chance of seeing a british champion in the UFC in the very near future..[/quote']

I do not really see MMA as a competition between Countries. I know that they played that up with this season of TUF, but I do not look at where a fighter is from to decide if I am gonna like him or not. MMA is more of an individual sport. So, I look at the individual.

I do not really see MMA as a competition between Countries. I know that they played that up with this season of TUF' date=' but I do not look at where a fighter is from to decide if I am gonna like him or not. MMA is more of an individual sport. So, I look at the individual.[/quote']

Yeh well it was done so it is USA vs. UK and now the issue is real. Bringing back that mentality your talking about will happen when people stop believing the UK is in the forefront of MMA, when they have one of the weakest fight cultures.It is about the fighter but the title to this thread is proof that alot of people believe otherwise.

I do not really see MMA as a competition between Countries. I know that they played that up with this season of TUF' date=' but I do not look at where a fighter is from to decide if I am gonna like him or not. MMA is more of an individual sport. So, I look at the individual.[/quote']

I agree MMA is not a competition, Infact i disagree with almost every post on this thread.

That said, the point i was trying to make was that we are relatively new to the sport in comparison to countries like USA and Brazil, so i think its good that the UK now have some fighters that are doing well in MMA.

I also agree that its about the fighter. Yes, i'm a Bisping fan, but he is not my favourite fighter. MY top 3 are Kenflo,Rampage and GSP.

I would however be extremely proud if a fighter from the UK became a UFC Champion somewhere down the line.

Yeh well it was done so it is USA vs. UK and now the issue is real. Bringing back that mentality your talking about will happen when people stop believing the UK is in the forefront of MMA' date=' when they have one of the weakest fight cultures[/b'].It is about the fighter but the title to this thread is proof that alot of people believe otherwise.

Ok, you know this how? Because you read it on an american web site?

Come and have a look then pour scorn.

Europe as a continent has a massive MMA base. Look at the ex-Soviet states for proof of this. We are in that there continent. We have a great list of fighters now and historically.

I am proud of my nation sometimes and other times I am not. Sports makes me proud coz I am good at them. My country makes me proud when they do good at sports!

Politically, I think we are an arrogant, ignorant nation much like every other English speaking nation on earth.

Dont slate what you cannot feasibly prove. Time will tell.

Ok' date=' you know this how? Because you read it on an american web site?

Come and have a look then pour scorn.

Europe as a continent has a massive MMA base. Look at the ex-Soviet states for proof of this. We are in that there continent. We have a great list of fighters now and historically.

I am proud of my nation sometimes and other times I am not. Sports makes me proud coz I am good at them. My country makes me proud when they do good at sports!

Politically, I think we are an arrogant, ignorant nation much like every other English speaking nation on earth.

Dont slate what you cannot feasibly prove. Time will tell.[/quote']

Just ignore Chemicals. He has diarrhea of the mouth and sometimes just talks without knowing all the facts. He makes some good points sometimes............this is NOT one of them though.

Even if you just look at Boxing, the UK has a great history of fighters, not to mention all the other Martial Artist over the years. Not all of us feel like Chemicals man so don't judge us to harshly LOL :)

Yes dont judge us too harshly. You definatly showed us Americans what MMA is all about and you definatly are at the forefront of MMA and most definatly have more fight camps than the USA.

I concede, American's have no spine anymore and i am spitting diarhea out my mouth for even showing any kind of pride. I apoligize for my utter lying and making stuff up.

Yes dont judge us too harshly. You definatly showed us Americans what MMA is all about and you definatly are at the forefront of MMA and most definatly have more fight camps than the USA.

I concede' date=' American's have no spine anymore and i am spitting diarhea out my mouth for even showing any kind of pride. I apoligize for my utter lying and making stuff up.[/quote']

Accepted.

haha

I concede' date=' American's have no spine anymore and i am spitting diarhea out my mouth for even showing any kind of pride. I apoligize for my utter lying and making stuff up.[/quote']

First of all, I didn't mean it like that. I'm not saying they are at the forefront of MMA (I have a post saying this if you look back) I was disagreeing that they don't have a weak fighting colture. They have had great fighters over the years. That was my biggest disagreement with you post.

Its fine and good to have pride, but don't let it blind you.

First of all' date=' I didn't mean it like that. I'm not saying they are at the forefront of MMA (I have a post saying this if you look back) I was disagreeing that they don't have a weak fighting colture. They have had great fighters over the years. That was my biggest disagreement with you post.

Its fine and good to have pride, but don't let it blind you.[/quote']

Jits,

Can you list some GREAT British MMA fighters over the years? I'm not challenging you, I just can't recall any. Unless I didn't know they were Brits.

Jits' date='

Can you list some GREAT British MMA fighters over the years? I'm not challenging you, I just can't recall any. Unless I didn't know they were Brits.[/quote']

Stuart Hurst, Lennie McLean, Mikey boy, me!

You got Shamrock. Thats nice for you.

Stuart Hurst' date=' Lennie McLean, Mikey boy, me!

You got Shamrock. Thats nice for you.[/quote']

Huh???? Those guys ever hold a title outside of a local fight show? And please stop joking w/ Bisping

You think Shamrock is a great fighter? I guess your definition of great is different from mine?

Jits' date='

Can you list some GREAT British MMA fighters over the years? I'm not challenging you, I just can't recall any. Unless I didn't know they were Brits.[/quote']

Fighting Culture is not limited to MMA, THAT was my point to Chemicals. They have had great Boxers and Martial Artists over the years

Huh???? Those guys ever hold a title outside of a local fight show?

You think Shamrock is a great fighter? I guess your definition of great is different from mine?

Yeah, Lennie McLean won erm.. pretty much everything in his day (Bare knuckle)

Stuart Hurst was an MMA fighter but his main victory was 3 cities Muay Thai comp in Thailand. First westerner to win. The guy he fought in the final had killed 2 in the ring.

Mike will do

I won a few in Thailand 10 years ago.

And I was takin the p!ss with Shamrock.

Bout you mate?

Fighting Culture is not limited to MMA' date=' THAT was my point to Chemicals. They have had great Boxers and Martial Artists over the years[/quote']

This thread claims British are teaching Americans about MMA