Sign in to follow this  
Calculon64

Clay Guida gets robbed again. Is the Tyson Griffin fight all over again.

Let me get this straight.

Round 1 - Sanchez

Round 2 - Guida

Round 3 - Guida

Split decision goes to Sanchez? WTF

This reminds me of the time Clay Guida got robbed from the Tyson Griffin fight.

Bull crap like this killed boxing...

Guida easily lost this fight IMO.

He was outstruck with the top position while in Diego's guard.

^^^ this is why i like you iwish ^^^

guida soooo lost

Clay the Carpet Guida has not WON a fight in a long time... the guy fights to not lose... and FINALLY judges are starting to see top doen not equal winning... atleast some judges... Diego won on effective striking and aggresion he MIGHT of lost Octogon control but that was only because Clay was just laying on top of him doing NOTHING but trying to not get submitted...

i would honestly like to hear a logical reason why a knockdown is scored highly but a sub attempt is nothing unless it stops the fight... when striking you hit a guy hard enough to nearly KO him you are looking good in the eyes of the judges... but if you nearly submit your opponent you don't get the same points so to speak... if you look avoiding subs is scored higher then going for them... it makes not since its like saying getting rocked over and over should win you the fight because you barely stayed in, thats how it is with sub attempts

Clay Guida gets robbed again? Are you kidding me? A split decision for Sanchez was a gift to Guida. Sanchez completely dominated Guida in the first, winning what should have easily been a 10-8 round. Sanchez pounded Guida again in the second until Guida finally got a takedown, but Sanchez pounded Guida senseless with elbows from the bottom. When you take someone down and he beats you bloody from the bottom, YOU DID NOT WIN THE ROUND ! ! ! The second round should have gone to Sanchez 10-9. In round three Sanchez is not as dominant as in round one but still wins the stand up and Guida get a takedown, but still does no damage from the top, score the round 10-10. So, anyway you look at it, a split for Sanchez was a gift to Guida. Sanchez should have won 30-27 and the judge that had Guida winning is an even bigger joke than saying, ?Clay Guida gets robbed again?.

Naww, Diego won the fight. You can argue a 10-8 in the first for Diego. 10-9 Guida Second. And either way in the third. So at least 29-28 Nightmare how you look at it. Judges got it right.

Guida didn't do much up on top. Diego was almost as effective from the bottom with elbow strikes and sub attempts.

That being said, I like Clay. He is a gatekeeper for this division

Clay Guida gets robbed again? Are you kidding me? A split decision for Sanchez was a gift to Guida. Sanchez completely dominated Guida in the first' date=' winning what should have easily been a 10-8 round. Sanchez pounded Guida again in the second until Guida finally got a takedown, but Sanchez pounded Guida senseless with elbows from the bottom. When you take someone down and he beats you bloody from the bottom, YOU DID NOT WIN THE ROUND ! ! ! The second round should have gone to Sanchez 10-9. In round three Sanchez is not as dominant as in round one but still wins the stand up and Guida get a takedown, but still does no damage from the top, score the round 10-10. So, anyway you look at it, a split for Sanchez was a gift to Guida. Sanchez should have won 30-27 and the judge that had Guida winning is an even bigger joke than saying, ?Clay Guida gets robbed again?.[/quote']

100% agree

I guess from fight to fight the rules change. But I see the points some of you have made and Clay lost an MMA match' date=' I still do not like Dirty Sanchez[/quote']

how could you even remotely see The Carpet winning the fight?? do tell because no-one with any knowledge of fighting could see Guida winning.. only a nut hugger of retarded proportions could possibly see that... or Cicle People

how could you even remotely see The Carpet winning the fight?? do tell because no-one with any knowledge of fighting could see Guida winning.. only a nut hugger of retarded proportions could possibly see that... or Cicle People

what are you talking about hizo?? did you see all the punches and kicks he took? right to his face too! and the humping and bleeding he did on diego?

F U C K Y O U!!!! I dont even like Guida, for most fights the guy on the top get's the win, I don't agree all the time but it is how some judge the fight. So I'm sorry you f ing loser, dont get your panties in a bunch over someones opinion

F U C K Y O U!!!! I dont even like Guida' date=' for most fights the guy on the top get's the win, I don't agree all the time but it is how some judge the fight. So I'm sorry you f ing loser, dont get your panties in a bunch over someones opinion[/quote']

ok so you admit your dumb enough to think top = win... you can swear at me all you want your the one that dumb enough to think that not me...

and opinions can be wrong... labeling something that you know is stupid as an opinion does not validate it by calling it an opinion...

ok so you admit your dumb enough to think top = win... you can swear at me all you want your the one that dumb enough to think that not me...

and opinions can be wrong... labeling something that you know is stupid as an opinion does not validate it by calling it an opinion...

I admit with some of the judging that goes on it leads me to believing this. After reading what other peopl had to say about it I can see there point too. So there is no reason to be a D I C K about it

I admit with some of the judging that goes on it leads me to believing this. After reading what other peopl had to say about it I can see there point too. So there is no reason to be a D I C K about it

i am being honest... and if you stay around the boards you will find that i am going to call it how i see it...

Clay Guida gets robbed again? Are you kidding me? A split decision for Sanchez was a gift to Guida. Sanchez completely dominated Guida in the first' date=' winning what should have easily been a 10-8 round. Sanchez pounded Guida again in the second until Guida finally got a takedown, but Sanchez pounded Guida senseless with elbows from the bottom. When you take someone down and he beats you bloody from the bottom, YOU DID NOT WIN THE ROUND ! ! ! The second round should have gone to Sanchez 10-9. In round three Sanchez is not as dominant as in round one but still wins the stand up and Guida get a takedown, but still does no damage from the top, score the round 10-10. So, anyway you look at it, a split for Sanchez was a gift to Guida. Sanchez should have won 30-27 and the judge that had Guida winning is an even bigger joke than saying, ?Clay Guida gets robbed again?.[/quote']

Also 100% agree with this

100% agree

you must be on crack guida won rounds 2 and 3 sanchez wins 1st round 10/8 ok thats still a draw. las vagas is so crooked they stink. you can say what you like but sanchez was the favorite and vagas was not going to pay the long shot. and as for guida dude is all heart sanchez gets kicked like that he would have folded like a lawn chair

you must be on crack guida won rounds 2 and 3 sanchez wins 1st round 10/8 ok thats still a draw. las vagas is so crooked they stink. you can say what you like but sanchez was the favorite and vagas was not going to pay the long shot. and as for guida dude is all heart sanchez gets kicked like that he would have folded like a lawn chair

the poll trend is leaning toward sanchez, are us forum members crooked vegas gamblers?

the poll trend is leaning toward sanchez' date=' are us forum members crooked vegas gamblers?[/quote']

11 people that wanted sanchez to win anyway is hardly a trend. i\now if you polled everybody that watched and they said sanchez won that would be one thing. i had 20 people over tonight some were for sanchez and some were for guida but before they showed the winner to a person we all thought guida won. is that a trend i think not

sorry man but you are wrong... being on top of of guy getting punched in the face and bleeding on him does not mean you win a round...

I'm so glad the judges didn't rob Diego. Guida should have lost the last fight, but he got the LnP category votes.

That was a thorough as s kicking by Diego. Guido spent most of his time covering up while on top. I think Diego was playing keep away in the last round. He did take a few shots though.

Guida, best chin since Aaron Pryor. (Check out vs Alexis Arguello, 1st fight).

I wish they would get rid of Guida. How can a guy so active be so boring? He can't do anything right with any kind of technique, but he's good at hugging guys. Maybe he should have played rugby.

Sorry to copy and paste from my other post, but there are alot of the same threads on this......

I honestly to god can not believe that some people are trying to say Guida won that fight.

I give him an awful lot more credit than i did before the fight. But nothing to do with his fighting. Just to do with his completely indestructable head!

Sanchez dominated to the first round, and had a knock down, quite clearly a 10-8 if I have ever seen one.

Round two, Guida did nothing from the top apart from lie on him. Sanchez did soooooo much more damage off his back. Stifling someone does not score better than hurting someone. It is a fight for christs sake.

Round three, yes guida may have landed on top, but it was because sanchez avoided the takedown, and attempted a submission and lost position. Again, going for a finish by way of submission should surely score higher that positioning.

I know he showed a tough chin guys, but people need to get a grip and remember that it is a fight these guys are in.

I'm a huge Guida fan, but don't think it should have been a SD. Sanchez won the first round by a mile, and had a plan in place in case Guida took him to the ground. At the announcement although Guida stood with his hand in the air, he didn't complain when Sanchez got the decision.

To often Wrestlers get points just for a take down even if they can't do any significant damage when they get there opponent to the ground.

For me this has been a blight on the ufc probably since Kevin Randleman versus Bas Ruten ufc 20ish as they changed the judging criteria around then probably due to Coleman and Randleman moaning after the fight.

The judging did need to be changed back then I don't disagree with that, just think take downs haven't always been judged intelligently over the years.

Lately though the judging seems to have improved (Hardy v Davis lol... awaiting flames). Take down shouldn't be scored unless there's effective aggression and control after, also submission attempts from the bottom should if not score points then negate any gained from the initial take down.

I'm a huge Guida fan' date=' but don't think it should have been a SD. Sanchez won the first round by a mile, and had a plan in place in case Guida took him to the ground. At the announcement although Guida stood with his hand in the air, he didn't complain when Sanchez got the decision.[/quote']

Yep Happy Hammer good point there were no complaints from Guida at the announcement,I love to watch Guida he may not be the greatest techniclly but boy can he fight,he was born to fight,you cant take your eyes off of him,a kill or be killed attitude and still bounding around at the post fight interview.

Great to see respect after the fight between the two combatants,the fake Irishman could learn from it,Guida accepted defeat like a man,though i`d love to see these two get it on again,I havent enjoyed a fight as much in ages.:P

Yep Happy Hammer good point there were no complaints from Guida at the announcement' date='I love to watch Guida he may not be the greatest techniclly but boy can he fight,he was born to fight,you cant take your eyes off of him,a kill or be killed attitude and still bounding around at the post fight interview.

Great to see respect after the fight between the two combatants,the fake Irishman could learn from it,Guida accepted defeat like a man,though i`d love to see these two get it on again,I havent enjoyed a fight as much in ages.:P[/quote']

Not really important but you called me Hammer. Please don't think I'm an Irons fan. You'd ruin an otherwise lovely day.;)

Yep Happy Hammer good point there were no complaints from Guida at the announcement' date='I love to watch Guida he may not be the greatest techniclly but boy can he fight,he was born to fight,you cant take your eyes off of him,a kill or be killed attitude and still bounding around at the post fight interview.

Great to see respect after the fight between the two combatants,the fake Irishman could learn from it,Guida accepted defeat like a man,though i`d love to see these two get it on again,I havent enjoyed a fight as much in ages.:P[/quote']

the Carpet does NOT have a kill or be killed attitude... hes got a "let me hold him down and not lose the fight" attitude... Clay fights to not lose he does not fight to win

11 people that wanted sanchez to win anyway is hardly a trend. i\now if you polled everybody that watched and they said sanchez won that would be one thing. i had 20 people over tonight some were for sanchez and some were for guida but before they showed the winner to a person we all thought guida won. is that a trend i think not

Well obviously the friends you have over don't fight or practice mma in any way, shape or form....

Anybody that has any experience in jiu-jitsu knows that having somebody in guard is in the dominant position. In mma, being in somebodies guard is great for an active fighter who can still bring down punishment with strikes, but it is a lot easier to get submitted or swept. The fact that Diego destroyed Clay the first round, destroyed Guida's head the second round (which is extremely impressive) and worked for the subs almost the whole time in the 3rd round, tells me Diego won that entire fight. If I was in Clays position, and I just had fought the same fight, I would know that Diego had totally dominated all the offense in that fight...Lay N Pray didn't save him this time.

Split decision was a gift because that judge still doesn't understand the game.

I guess perception = reality. I just wonder if it is possible for a fan to say his guy lost without being knocked out. This is MMA, not wrestling. Diego threw Clay a viscous beating. I agree Guida is one tough hombre, but being the guy that takes brutal shots is not the way to win fights if you don't give what you take. DIEGO WON.

As far as the Vegas not paying the long shot. Dude, Vegas does not give a damn who wins. That is why they place "odds" on the fight. Vegas wins as soon as a bet is placed.

how can he lose when he lost the 1st round 10-8, won the next 2 round's 10-9.

he should have won or at least had a draw.. i don't know what do you peep's think.

as for guida dude is all heart sanchez gets kicked like that he would have folded like a lawn chair

Getting up after that kick has little to do with heart and much more with lucky genetics, a lucky angle when the kick hit etc.

And yes, Guidas ability to take punishment is amazing. It was also the only really impressive thing about his performance that night. He was pushing his lay & pray again, still got roughed up from the bottom and rightfully lost. That it was a split decision is actually making it sound better than he deserves.

how can he lose when he lost the 1st round 10-8' date=' won the next 2 round's 10-9.

he should have won or at least had a draw.. i don't know what do you peep's think.[/quote']

laying on top of someone and bleeding on them is not winning... sorry if thats too hard for you to comprehend

Let me get this straight.

Round 1 - Sanchez

Round 2 - Guida

Round 3 - Guida

Split decision goes to Sanchez? WTF

This reminds me of the time Clay Guida got robbed from the Tyson Griffin fight.

Bull crap like this killed boxing...

SANCHEZ WON THIS FIGHT EASILY FIRSTLY HE HAD a huge first round...guida won the 2nd then the 3rd was probs a draw

I think the poll speaks for itself, tbh, Diego probs had 10-8 first round, arguably did more damage in the second even though he was on his back, and probably edged the 3rd just...

I think the elbows to the top of the head is what killed The Carpet. I think that took a LOT of fight out of him. Diego is a damn good fighter IMO and think it was the right decision.

I go back to the original days of UFC 1 so I HATE decisions but I also don't like fighters laying in the same position all f-ing night long. I like the stand up restarts but they are a little quick to do it sometimes. I don't like the rounds because you can't have time to catch your breath in a real fight. All in all I guess they have managed to please the most people and grow the sport with the current setup and I still love the sport. With that said I have to give this fight to Diego although I have never liked him and I have had mad respect for Clay since the Huerta fight. If there was ever a such thing as a 10-8 round the first round of that fight could serve as the standard. I don't know how my boy Clay survived but again that is why he gets my respect. The second round Clay gets mainly by being on top which really doesn't mean anything (one of the reasons I hate decisions). It is hard to say who really did the most damages. I could almost feel those elbows Diego was launching. The third round of that war was a wash. They were both deservedly spent. Not to say that they weren't still going at it. Neither of them just had enough left to impose his will. The best Clay could have hoped for in that fight was a draw which is really what the third round was. Would anybody make a case to say that the damage Clay did to Diego in round 2 was anywhere near what was done to him in round 1.

Clay never inflicted anywhere near the damage that Diego did. Clay fought well but Diego's improved standup was more than he could bear. Clay really couldn't take care of business on the ground either which is what he does fairly well...a credit to Diego for being ready on his feet and on the ground. Diego got robbed by the judges of a UD and Clay's chin stole the TKO right out from under him. Dude that head kick would have floored a vast number of fighters. Guida can take a beating!

Watching that fight I am suprised that guida made it out of the first round. That being said I dont think that guida got robbed snachez diffently did more damage and was the aggresser the whole fight, as for octagon control neither of them really had any except for deigo in the first round. I have always thought that just cause you take someone down and lay on them does not mean you should win the round and finally this proves it. Anyone watch the tito griffin fight. Titio won cause he laid on forrest thats it. Forrest did more damage on his back then tito did and won stand up and lost the decision. I love Guida but he gonna have to find a way to honestly beat people otherwise hes gonna lose close decisions for lack of aggresion, and I am not saying hes not aggressive cause the man keeps a crazy pace that any fighter has trouble with but he just isnt one of those hardcore strikers or dominit ground and pounders. He also showed that he has a cinder block for a chin. Now as for the light weight division. I think deigo has something to prove he looked excellent he keeps fighting like that he gonna be up for a title in a few fights. I dont even like the guy but deigo has a shot.

Damn decent fight.

do you guys think Clay guida doesn't cut his hair for reasons like "mopping blood" with it?

I'm trying to figure out why he doesn't cut it(no disrespect at all,I like CLAY),but that sh!t has to effect his vision.

Damn decent fight.

do you guys think Clay guida doesn't cut his hair for reasons like "mopping blood" with it?

I'm trying to figure out why he doesn't cut it(no disrespect at all' date='I like CLAY),but that sh!t has to effect his vision.[/quote']

he should cut it already lol maybe he will win a fight.

diego definately won this fight tho. the first round coulda been scored a 10/8 round.

guida is cool tho! definately a gate keeper to the lightweight class.

I think the fight should have been a tie. Scored it 10-8 Sanchez and two 10-9s for Guida! Give us a rematch!

It is in improbable to give a judging of draw for a guy who got destroyed in rd 1 and knocked down, only to come back with a takedown in rd2 and get out struck by elbows from a guy on his back. Guida was beaten because he could not capitalize on his strengths- Diego fought in Guida's game and he outstruck him on his back. The damage was devastating and Diego took almost no damage.

Diego's plan was beautiful. He fought Guida perfectly. He knew that he would smother him for 3 rds and hold him down to impress the judges. Diego wasnt playing that sh#t and unloaded everything he had on him rd1. That he survived is proof of Clay's intense will and ability to absorb damage, not his skill. 30-26 Diego imo.

Diego is a kickass striker. He came out like ball of ****-fire. He gave Clay a ****-stomping. That kick was a KO if Clay wasn't madeof scrap metal and like, dirt and machinery and ****; he probably grows his hair to hide his Frankenstein-neck-bolts. He is some freaky kind of human punching bag. Diego ripped him to shreds though, I've heard some people disputing the legality of his elbows, since they were " downward with the point " or some bull. I think this might apply, but only if he were on top, since he was on the bottom, wouldnt those elbows have been upward? Anyone know offical ruling on that?

Diego won the fight like he deserved!!

For those that think otherwiseI dont know if we seen the same fight..

Uppercuts in the first. Head kick that landed in the second that knocked him down and elbows from bottom in the third.BTW the fight was close to over in the first. Guida never almost did anything like this to Diego he laid on him thats it. no big shots anything.. It was a great fight and I hope its up there with fight of the year.

I mean this free spike tv show was better than the last ppv I bought it was amazing.