Sign in to follow this  
UFC_Lesnarfan1

How soon will Kimbo get his butt kicked thread?

I'm just curious to see who has a hard on for Kimbo, and to see who believes the hype. So how far do you think Kimbo will go?

For all you Kimbo haters, you've gotta love the title of the thread. :)

It will be funny watching how the other guys in the house react to him. I picture Kimbo grunting every time he wants something and the guys in the house will fetch it for him.

Fellow fighter sits in the recliner first, Kimbo walks up ..."GRUNT!" guy jumps outta of the chair and dusts it off for him. lol. Kimbo is going to try and intimidate everyone to get his way and take control of the house. Everyone will be on pins and needles to not get in his way, hillarious, and then you'll get the guys who talk smack only to the camera and won't say anything directly to Kimbo Slice. It's going to be funny and pathetic at the same time.

IMO it wont be quite like that. Everyone in the house is a fighter, not street fighters real fighters. Hope Kimbo is smart enough to know the difference.

IMO it wont be quite like that. Everyone in the house is a fighter' date=' not street fighters real fighters. Hope Kimbo is smart enough to know the difference.[/quote']

Yeah, for his sake. He will probably see them as attempting to use him as a stepping stone within the show, which isn't saying much, but you have to bet that he will isolate himself from them intentionally. And keep a low profile. I bet the cameras will catch the fighters watching Kimbo Slice on Youtube and his EXC fights to promote Kimbo more as well, and show him as a threat towards the fighters for ratings.

It is a uphill battle for kimbo.No ground game no kimbo on tuf after his first fight.Any fighter knows get him to rnd 2 and KO him due to his lack of stamina.

I hope he fights Roy Nelson first. That will be a quick fall back to reality.

And if he thinks he can intimidate guys that outweigh him by 40lbs, and probably harbour a bit of disdain for him, he'll be in for a rude awakening.

But, I am not going to be too harsh on him. I respect that he is giving it a go. Dana set the challenge, and he has stepped up to the plate. Not every man would do that!

I don't see anyone bowing down to Kimbo just because he's Kimbo. If anything, I'd imagine they'd have less respect for him knowing all the opportunities that he's squandered thinking that he's just too good to have to listen to anybody.

I'll say he gets one fight, there's a lack of experience (again, imagine that).. on TUF 10, so they'll throw him a bone and if he runs too far with it, just throw him in there with Roy.

I know they say the show isn't scripted, but I'm sure suggestions are given to the contestants. I'm worried they will do what they have to to keep Kimbo from fighting early on in the show just to keep raitings up. Anyone else think they might twink the show to keep viewers waiting for the Kimbo fight?

Does anyone really know anything about who Kimbo really is. He is not some big ape that thinks he's the best fighter in the world. Some of you really have no clue to who he really is. Elite XC was not his fault, he just went with it and made some money. Those fights were a joke but not because of him it was because of the other fighters, why no talk about them????

I know they say the show isn't scripted' date=' but I'm sure suggestions are given to the contestants. I'm worried they will do what they have to to keep Kimbo from fighting early on in the show just to keep raitings up. Anyone else think they might twink the show to keep viewers waiting for the Kimbo fight?[/quote']

Ofcoarse i think that but who knows...

Does anyone really know anything about who Kimbo really is. He is not some big ape that thinks he's the best fighter in the world. Some of you really have no clue to who he really is. Elite XC was not his fault' date=' he just went with it and made some money. Those fights were a joke but not because of him it was because of the other fighters, why no talk about them????[/quote']

Because the more it is braught up the more it looks like a BOOKIE made alot of money while the fans got robbed!

Really Kimbo may think he is the best fighter in the world but he is not even close to it. Think of the heavyweight divison. Lesnar, Mir, Couture, Herring, Congo etc etc They all could beat kimbo hands down. Kimbo has heavy hands and thats it. He has no ground game what so ever or cardio which was proven in the elite XC. He has beaten nobodys and yes he gonna be on TUF to get hes shot but pay close attention, Which ever coach he gets will contribute to his ground game and he will probably be the last fight before the semis. But no one fighting in the UFC is a push over and everyone wants to shut the hype up about kimbo. I am personally tired of hearing about him. I think the only reason why Dana White put him on the show was a show up throw down, put up or shut up message. Dana is a business man he knows this will probably be the most watched TUF yet. On top of that I am watching to see kimbo get hes **** kicked. Untill Kimbo can fight with the likes of the best hes just another spectator. Those fights were a joke and kimbo never took them seriously. No cardio for god sakes the guys still smokes. Believe the hype and believe in kimbo, but going in there with just a left hook, ill show you were that went wrong when you wake up.

"BUTT" kicked edit? lmao. C'mon' date=' were all grown-ups here.[/quote']

Uhh, no we are not. lol This is an all ages forum.

We should edit Dana White's mouth.

Kimbo will win a couple fights. Its part of the script guys...

If Dana posted here, I would have to ban him. lol

Uhh' date=' no we are not. lol This is an all ages forum.[/quote']

Then it will toughen up the young guns. We need to quit being so overprotective in this bubble wrap society when it comes to 17 to say 12 year olds, it's how they learn to adapt to the REAL world of A holes and prostitutes. lol. If you don't experience or come across obscene gestures, words, photos, hobos, rudely people, etc. then their living a lie, the world is cruel out there, they won't sit behind that computer forever, eventually they'll enter into society, and were doing them a favor by posting realistic threads, replies, topics, etc. :) just trying to make the world a better place and not so whimpy! Trying to create an anti Khalib Starnes world! lol

Then it will toughen up the young guns. We need to quit being so overprotective in this bubble wrap society when it comes to 17 to say 12 year olds' date=' it's how they learn to adapt to the REAL world of A holes and prostitutes. lol. If you don't experience or come across obscene gestures, words, photos, hobos, rudely people, etc. then their living a lie, the world is cruel out there, they won't sit behind that computer forever, eventually they'll enter into society, and were doing them a favor by posting realistic threads, replies, topics, etc. :) just trying to make the world a better place and not so whimpy! Trying to create an anti Khalib Starnes world! lol[/quote']

Try saying that to a 12yr old's parents.

Then it will toughen up the young guns. We need to quit being so overprotective in this bubble wrap society when it comes to 17 to say 12 year olds' date=' it's how they learn to adapt to the REAL world of A holes and prostitutes. lol. If you don't experience or come across obscene gestures, words, photos, hobos, rudely people, etc. then their living a lie, the world is cruel out there, they won't sit behind that computer forever, eventually they'll enter into society, and were doing them a favor by posting realistic threads, replies, topics, etc. :) just trying to make the world a better place and not so whimpy! Trying to create an anti Khalib Starnes world! lol[/quote']

LOL, I can see what you are saying, but that is not up to me to decide.

If you notice, the occasional "bad" word gets through. Just not in a thread title.

it's a reality show that costs 1.7 million dollars for 3 episodes. reality shows do not have a script thus entitled "reality show".I highly doubt character scripts and screenplays are written for the fighters.even the case with UK vs. USA,the brits won,I don't believe it was scripted,they did WELL and their victory is "real".(I never got around to it,but congrats to you BRITS! ;),I still hate Dan Hardy..hahahahah:D

it's a reality show that costs 1.7 million dollars for 3 episodes. reality shows do not have a script thus entitled "reality show".I highly doubt character scripts and screenplays are written for the fighters.even the case with UK vs. USA' date='the brits won,I don't believe it was scripted,they did WELL and their victory is "real".(I never got around to it,but congrats to you BRITS! ;),I still hate Dan Hardy..hahahahah:D[/quote']

Yea why do people always argue about whch is better when they are both good.

Spittin_Toofs... the 1.7 million figure you're talking about isn't TUF. That was for the three episodes of GSP vs BJ Penn (That UFC Premiere, or whatever it was called).

You guys are on the wrong thread to be talking about US vs UK. This thread is about Kimbo Slice.

Honestly, I think all the fighters are going to be gunning for Kimbo. Whether you like him or not, who wouldn't want to be the one to send him home. I'm not sure what the talent is going to be like in TUF 10, but if he gets up against someone who knows their ish, Kimbo is in big trouble. He better be training like a race horse for September, he definately needs Cardio, but all he really has right now is stand up game....spells disaster for him.

i know imma get hated on for saying this and i understand why everyone hates kimbo cause cause im not to fond of him either

but i think kimbo will do ok in tuf, most heavyweights arent all that well rounded and kimbos been training , he has alot to loose and the means to learn from decent people

ya he got knocked out but i think thats only gonna make him better. i think i read somewhere that some ex football players r in the house too, so i unno how well rounded and experienced these fighters r but we shall see. but i wouldnt be surprised if kimbo wins some fights.

There is an x football player. A few UFC vets' date=' a couple elite xc vets. Tough house this season.[/quote']

curious to know who the ufc vets r? i never came across whos actually in there, all the focus was only on kimbo being there.

I'd rather watch Kimbo than people like Noah Inhofner,Jason Pierce,gabe rutiger,or others I can't even think of right now who "p!ssed" their chance into the wind and never gave a damn.

If he fights anyone besides flipper pierce he is doomed...I may be wrong but royce showed what happins to 1 dementional guyZ period.

curious to know who the ufc vets r? i never came across whos actually in there' date=' all the focus was only on kimbo being there.[/quote']

Most notably Wes Simms. I will create a thread with all the fighters and a little about them.

Most notably Wes Simms. I will create a thread with all the fighters and a little about them.

Kimbo will have his hands full, ain't no doubt about that, which I'm glad.

Kimbo will lose the 2nd fight I'm presuming.

Yeah' date=' for his sake. He will probably see them as attempting to use him as a stepping stone within the show, which isn't saying much, but you have to bet that he will isolate himself from them intentionally. And keep a low profile. I bet the cameras will catch the fighters watching Kimbo Slice on Youtube and his EXC fights to promote Kimbo more as well, and show him as a threat towards the fighters for ratings.[/quote']

fighters in the house do not have internet access

fighters in the house do not have internet access

Nope just bottles N bottles of vodka gin etc and BEER bottles to break on walls.

Nope just bottles N bottles of vodka gin etc and BEER bottles to break on walls.

Yeweah I was thinking once what they would do if they had a recovering alcoholic or drug addict qualify and he got to the house and there was all that booze and he told Dana it was him or the alcohol.

I know the booze makes for better tv so I guess that just answered my question. But that would be a pretty crappy way to get booted from the house.

They've had some alcohol abusing guys on the show before.

G_Row is right though, they've got some BIG BIG BIG dudes this season. Kimbo isn't going to intimidate much of anybody this season. I also noticed that the heights and weights of some of these guys... Brock Lesnar may have his hands full pretty soon.

They've had some alcohol abusing guys on the show before.

G_Row is right though' date=' they've got some BIG BIG BIG dudes this season. Kimbo isn't going to intimidate much of anybody this season. I also noticed that the heights and weights of some of these guys... Brock Lesnar may have his hands full pretty soon.[/quote']

someone actually as big as Brock in there?

those poor vans.

When asked if Kimbo would fight in the octagon after the show Dana Sta-sta-studdered.

Another marketing ploy to gain fans, Kimbo will most definatly fight in the octagon after the show, no matter what happens in the house.

Like i said before, if a punk like Lesnar gets a title shot after 2 fight, so can Kimbo. Its all about business.

When asked if Kimbo would fight in the octagon after the show Dana Sta-sta-studdered.

Another marketing ploy to gain fans' date=' Kimbo will most definatly fight in the octagon after the show, no matter what happens in the house.

Like i said before, if a punk like Lesnar gets a title shot after 2 fight, so can Kimbo. Its all about business.[/quote']

Why do you call Lesnar a punk? What exactly makes him that?

Why do you call Lesnar a punk? What exactly makes him that?

Titleshot at 1-1 in the UFC mainly.

His existance in MMA secondly.

The walking off the set thing when asked about steroids was pretty punky too.

Other than that i would say he is a punk for being unable to finish Herring and then doing his chanting after the fight "do you see me now" like its WWE or something.

If you look at his footage very closely he acts like a complete ****** to Herring when the fight ended and he was told by his corner to keep his composure. Its the part where he points a finger at Herring and laughs making a smart remark.

If you look at his footage very closely he acts like a complete ****** to Herring when the fight ended and he was told by his corner to keep his composure. Its the part where he points a finger at Herring and laughs making a smart remark.

i mean,here I can totally agree with chemicals.made me NOT like Brock's personality,on top of his Fedor crap talk.

He is a monster tho. and he has proved he is where he belongs.

What the hell was Dana White thinking when he allowed this guy to even try out. He must have been watching Joes vs Pros. Dumbo Slice is an embarassment to the sport. I hope he gets knocked out quick.

Titleshot at 1-1 in the UFC mainly.

His existance in MMA secondly.

The walking off the set thing when asked about steroids was pretty punky too.

Other than that i would say he is a punk for being unable to finish Herring and then doing his chanting after the fight "do you see me now" like its WWE or something.

To be devils advocate....

Title shot - It was a business choice, and with Muuur and Nogueira otherwise engaged, who was the other logical choice in a 'at the time' weak HW division? But thats still besides the point, because why would this make you dislike Brock? He was offered a chance to fight for the only thing that people wat to have when they start fighting, and he took the chance. Oh right, and he won too.......

His existence in MMA - My knowledge of wrestling is not great being from the little island accross the pond, but the general concensus is that he is pretty much one of the best wrestlers to ever wrestle in college. How is the presence of that in MMA a joke?

Finishing off Herring? Lack of experience and training. He was just gettinh through a fight the way many many wrestlers do. He was still young to the sport then. And also Herring is a tough guy!

I agree with the steriod thing, and the smack talk post fight. His personality grates on me.

But his ability to fight, and his dedication to training and improving wins a hell of alot more from me than his personality loses.

To be devils advocate....

Title shot - It was a business choice' date=' and with Muuur and Nogueira otherwise engaged, who was the other logical choice in a 'at the time' weak HW division? But thats still besides the point, because why would this make you dislike Brock? He was offered a chance to fight for the only thing that people wat to have when they start fighting, and he took the chance. Oh right, and he won too.......

His existence in MMA - My knowledge of wrestling is not great being from the little island accross the pond, but the general concensus is that he is pretty much one of the best wrestlers to ever wrestle in college. How is the presence of that in MMA a joke?

Finishing off Herring? Lack of experience and training. He was just gettinh through a fight the way many many wrestlers do. He was still young to the sport then. And also Herring is a tough guy!

I agree with the steriod thing, and the smack talk post fight. His personality grates on me.

But his ability to fight, and his dedication to training and improving wins a hell of alot more from me than his personality loses.[/quote']

OOHHH OOHHH!! I want to answer these questions!!!

Title shot = correct. It was DANAs and RANDY COUTUREs choice to have him defend the belt against *** or BROCK... and since *** was busy with TUF and Mir... he had no choice but to give it to the other guy... I think that says it all right there :)

The answer is simple.. its not a joke. Lesnar has some of the most UNBELIEVABLE agility, balance, control and speed for a man his size... not to mention he has the crushing power to literally kill you. Lesnar is like a video game character that you pump the stats out on and feel like god... except he still needs to learn skills. As of right now though, Lesnar is probably the most dangerous man in the HW division next to Fedor, Barnett, and maybe *** and Carwin.

Herring IS a tough guy. Finishing Herring off is a challenge and a half. The guy never stops coming at you, and never gives up. Brock was pounding his face silly, and Herring still wouldnt just roll over and tap, or allow Brock to choke him out. Herring probably felt like he could pull it off the entire time as well, but it just never happened. The fact that Brock dominated Herring in a UD 30 - 26 though, means that Herring was getting murdered from beginning till end.

You cannot prove the Steroid controversay true... so at this point in time it is still false. Whether you believe it or not, it is false and that is all there is to it. His outside the ring antics are to play fights up, and build the hype. That is how you make more money, and how you make the fight have fan appeal. EVERY FIGHTER DOES THIS IF THEY ARE A TITLE CONTENDER. Currently, BJ Penn does it, Carwin does it, Kongo, Velasquez, Wandy, Page, Shad, etc. so I dont see why someone who is GOOD at building fights up, would be called down on. Doesnt make sense to me...

Exactly. His skills prove where he stands right now. Calling Couture down for being old, when he just smashed a 265 pound man, and a serious title contender in Gonzaga is no reason to say that Lesnar only won that fight because of his size and not his skill... considering both of those men have some size and skill. Herring has fought the best fighters in the world, multiple times... He is one of the harder fighters to finish as well. Mir (apparently) is one of the best in the world right now, and is a second place champion at the moment, so I dont see why that loss would hurt anyones record, considering Mir was SUPPOSED to win that match.

Well at least you have good points without having to sift thru BS and haterade.

You didnt address the issue where he pointed a finger at Heath and laugh making a smart remark. I couldnt make out what he said but it was something like "i kicked your **** haha". His corner told him to keep his composure.

Well at least you have good points without having to sift thru BS and haterade.

You didnt address the issue where he pointed a finger at Heath and laugh making a smart remark. I couldnt make out what he said but it was something like "i kicked your **** haha". His corner told him to keep his composure.

Well maybe we should bring up why Heath Herring was such an ******** before the fight? Maybe we should also bring up that they both nodded to each other and shook hands after the fight? Maybe we should talk about how him and Randy seemed to be very respectful to each other before, during, and after the fight...

Just weird to me that one situation stands out so much to everyone... and they also pick sides in the situation that is obviously a double edged sword..