Sign in to follow this  
Evin

UFC 100 will air live on UK TV

Virgin 1 for the simple and obvious reason that we will all get to watch it, If it goes to someone like Sky or Virgin Media then im afraid we will all be doing what they are trying to stop, Watch it on a free live stream or download it. They will be encouraging us to do this if they choose PPV, Dana is quite decent with the fans though so Im hoping he will choose something we all can watch it on which is Virgin1. Everyone has freeview.

Virgin 1 for the simple and obvious reason that we will all get to watch it' date=' If it goes to someone like Sky or Virgin Media then im afraid we will all be doing what they are trying to stop, Watch it on a free live stream or download it. They will be encouraging us to do this if they choose PPV, Dana is quite decent with the fans though so Im hoping he will choose something we all can watch it on which is Virgin1. Everyone has freeview.[/quote']

Dana will go where the most money is!!!! Don't kid yourself.

Sky Sports.. u want the best sports in the world well u have to pay for it. Simple as that, if it goes to skysports it'll explode over here!!

Stop being tight!!

Sky Sports.. u want the best sports in the world well u have to pay for it. Simple as that' date=' if it goes to skysports it'll explode over here!!

Stop being tight!![/quote']

There are guys who will happily record sporting events to DVD then sell it to you for a couple of pounds the next day. If it goes to $ky they'll get some business, I'm usually completely against this kind of activity,I won't be paying for $ky sports to see endless cricket, footy, golf and other assorted, boring crap then pay a PPV charge on top.

It's ok for guys who already have Sky, in the current financial climate how many families do you think are going to go to $ky, pay for the above sports that $ky have already killed (aswell as boxing) and pay the PPV on top? Not a lot, $ky would be the begining of the end for UFC over here.

Look at football, clubs like Liverpool who are a top 3 premiership side are ?350 million pounds in debt. This is a result of the enormous fees, wages and bonuses demanded by primadonna players and all of that stems from the massive amounts of money that change hands during bidding wars for rights to show matches and use the said players image on $ky adverts etc..

This is unfortunately why I think $ky will get it as Dana White is a man very tightly strapped to any form of cash cow he can get his hands on, he will go where the money is and it will be $ky and within a year UFC in the UK will disappear up its own ****.

I hope I'm very wrong but I wouldn't hold your breath for any more Setanta type deals, it will most likely go to $ky and you will soon be getting charged for the channels(wether you want them or not) as well as 15 or 20 quid extra twice a month to watch our beloved sport, I say you on purpose because I won't pay it, Rupert Murdoch has monopolised everything that was once great about English football and turned it into a massive corporation that I'm sure Dana and the Fertitta brothers would love to be a part of, it will ruin UFC the way it has ruined football.

Just my opinion of course. ;-)

I voted for:

"Who gives a sh*t' date=' I live in the US"

:P j/k[/quote']

LOL....To be honest i kinda agree with you, i dont care what chanel its on. I will watch it what ever, ppv or not!!

don't care, as long as it's on live and full. i don't want it to be like it was when it was on bravo, on sunday's at 9, you couldn't see any prelims if the main fights finished early, and the programme would end just after the fight finished, which would indicate whether the main event was a decision or a finish.

we need it live!!!!!!

don't care' date=' as long as it's on live and full. i don't want it to be like it was when it was on bravo, on sunday's at 9, you couldn't see any prelims if the main fights finished early, and the programme would end just after the fight finished, which would indicate whether the main event was a decision or a finish.

[u']we need it live!!!!!![/u]

Well said , couldn't agree more !!

Sky Sports.. u want the best sports in the world well u have to pay for it. Simple as that' date=' if it goes to skysports it'll explode over here!!

Stop being tight!![/quote']

Well said ,it will do far better than setanta did

uk an ireland setanta subscriptions = 1.3 million

uk an ireland sky sports subscripstions = 7.4 million

......nuff said

Hopefully they start making you guys pay like everyone else

Dont you think that comment is a little childish?

If it went ppv, then i would still buy it, however,the UFC are still trying to "crack" the UK and Europe and is not as popular as it is in the US, so it would'nt be benificial for the UFC to go ppv over here just yet.

Next year or two though i think!!

Hahahaha ... I paid for it anyway by subscribing to Setanta so I'll keep paying if need be' date=' because I'd rather pay than not watch.[/quote']

Yup, I'll second that. I don't mind who gets it, just so long as they hurry up!

Hopefully they start making you guys pay like everyone else

We were paying!!! Try to get your facts straight before moaning!

If we wanted to watch it live, it meant we had to SUBSCRIBE to Setanta which is ?15 a month or something. UFC is the only reason I subscribed to it!

We were paying!!! Try to get your facts straight before moaning!

If we wanted to watch it live' date=' it meant we had to SUBSCRIBE to Setanta which is ?15 a month or something. UFC is the only reason I subscribed to it![/quote']

If I want to watch anything on the telly I have to pay for it. I pay to watch TUF, Fight Night Live and we pay again to watch the live fights. And I'm not moaning, I've missed maybe 5 pay per views in the last 8 years. That about $4,300 I've spent watching UFC without a peep...well except from the wife. Theres no reason you shouldn't have to pay as well. And thats a fact ;)

Virgin 1 Is my choice ,i`d hate it to be Sky but do fear the worst as the UFC is a business and will go with who pays the most money,though Sky may not want it ,they didnt bid for it when setanta wo the rights did they.

If I want to watch anything on the telly I have to pay for it. I pay to watch TUF' date=' Fight Night Live and we pay again to watch the live fights. And I'm not moaning, I've missed maybe 5 pay per views in the last 8 years. That about $4,300 I've spent watching UFC without a peep...well except from the wife. Theres no reason you shouldn't have to pay as well. And thats a fact ;)[/quote']

like vampyre said we are paying And that is also a fact.

The safest option is Sky Sports. It is a long established channel and would probably attract a wider audience as most people who subscribe tend to get their moneys' worth by checking out whatever is on. This is how my mate became addicted to Australian Beach Volleyball and Yoga (there may have been other reasons for this viewing choice!!)

I voted Virgin, but I would prefer it to be on Sky Sports (As long as it doesn't go to box office).

In the long run Sky would be the best bet as they are simlpy the better broadcaster, as football has got bigger their coverage has been excellent and i'd expect/hope MMA to follow the same route.

I think that UFC ultimately will end up on PPV in the UK, but surely as UFC isn't as "over" in the UK as it is in the USA they are trying to establish a solid fan base before making us pay more.

Please god the UFC will be on Sky. There coverage would probably be better than setanta - with a little bit of time of course If people have a problem paying to watch UFC on Sky Box Office (which is probably inevitable!) - then they should remove the Setanta Package (which is over E200 euros per year) and use that surplus cash left over to pay for the Sky Box Office charges.

Sky will also keep up the UFC Unleashed and Archive programmes and they will probably create there own version of the Ultimate Talk and they will also screen all the countdown programmes along with the UFC 24/7 and the UFC All Access programmes. Virgin 1, Bravo or any other minnow - compared to Sky, would not have enough tv time or channel space to be able to accomodate all of this coverage and satisfy UFC fans appetite.

This is why I hope that Sky Sports gets the contract for the UFC and brings it onto new heights and showcases MMA to Europe and beyond and this in return will bring in new world-class fighters from all over Europe which in return bodes very well for the future of Mixed Martial Arts!

I would like to see branson pulled it out and get it on virgin 1!. i'm not sure on sky sports because of there contract with WWE, if it would allow it. all i do know on that is the WWE contract with sky sports runs out at the begining of jan 2010. i remmeber when UFC was on skysports ages ago! but i can't remember if WWE was running at the same time? Setanta really messed things up, they shouldn't have wasted thee time and money on 2nd rate premier league football game etc, they should have focused on different sports like UFC etc which sky sports don't have, instead they wasted so much money on football, cricket, golf etc when they didnt have the viewers to support it

But hey what do i know!

G

Virgin 1 for the simple and obvious reason that we will all get to watch it' date=' If it goes to someone like Sky or Virgin Media then im afraid we will all be doing what they are trying to stop, Watch it on a free live stream or download it. They will be encouraging us to do this if they choose PPV, Dana is quite decent with the fans though so Im hoping he will choose something we all can watch it on which is Virgin1. Everyone has freeview.[/quote']

Co Sign. Virgin 1 FTW.

I posted this in another thread, so I copied and am gonna paste it here........

Although, this would be the perfect event for the UFC to try and start making the UK pay for the events. Not saying it is going to, or even should happen, just saying. Right after the success on TUF, and with Bisping fighting. So, I ask you, would you pay to watch it? I doubt it would be as much as we pay here in the States, at least not at first.

I know someone said they would not because of the "weird" time it is on. Like 3am, right? But if you would stay up to watch it for free, would you not stay up to watch it for $29.99?

I do not really understand this. You would not pay for it? Why exactly? I am not trying to be a jerk, I am just curious. I have been paying to watch them since they first started.

I posted this in another thread' date=' so I copied and am gonna paste it here........

Although, this would be the perfect event for the UFC to try and start making the UK pay for the events. Not saying it is going to, or even should happen, just saying. Right after the success on TUF, and with Bisping fighting. So, I ask you, would you pay to watch it? I doubt it would be as much as we pay here in the States, at least not at first.

I know someone said they would not because of the "weird" time it is on. Like 3am, right? But if you would stay up to watch it for free, would you not stay up to watch it for $29.99?[/quote']

Refer back to the other thread. :)

We been paying to watch it. Setanta, ( the PPV channel UFC was previously on) has just gone into administration or worse. On the channel it says 'Setanta Sports has ceased trading in the UK'.

We're looking at alternatives. I just realized Virgin 1 had TUF, so maybe they're in the running for 100. I fookin' hope so.

http://www.setanta.com/uk/

We been paying to watch it. Setanta' date=' ( the PPV channel UFC was previously on) has just gone into administration or worse. On the channel it says 'Setanta Sports has ceased trading in the UK'.

We're looking at alternatives. I just realized Virgin 1 had TUF, so maybe they're in the running for 100. I fookin' hope so.

http://www.setanta.com/uk/[/quote']

How have you been paying to watch it? I know that Setanta, but have you had to pay per event? It was my understanding that if you had that channel there were not any additional costs. Here, we have to pay the monthly cable, or satellite fees, just to be able to pay the $50 for the PPV. I know the UFC is newer there, but we have paid since UFC 1. Do not take this the wrong way, just trying to understand, as well as get a feel about how folks over there feel about it. I know it sucks to have to start paying for something that was once free. (with the subscription)

And, I hope that everyone gets to watch 100. I think it would be kinda sh!ty to all of a sudden make it a ppv. If that were to happen, I think a little warning is warranted.

I do not really understand this. You would not pay for it? Why exactly? I am not trying to be a jerk' date=' I am just curious. I have been paying to watch them since they first started.[/quote']

I totally agree with you G_ROW, it seems alot of people are saying they would'nt watch it if they had to pay for it. I think that is total rubbish. Im from the U.K and i would pay whateva the price was, I mean i watch it with about 3-4 mates so you could always get your friends to chip in the money, i agree that we should not pay as much as americans because of the early hours we have to watch it so about half of wat you pay would be reasonable. But it would be the best time if any to make us brits pay for it, Etim, Kelly, Pearson, wilks all breaking through and of course bisping and hardy flying the flag, UFC and MMA is Growing bigger and bigger here.

G

I totally agree with you G_ROW' date=' it seems alot of people are saying they would'nt watch it if they had to pay for it. I think that is total rubbish. Im from the U.K and i would pay whateva the price was, I mean i watch it with about 3-4 mates so you could always get your friends to chip in the money, i agree that we should not pay as much as americans because of the early hours we have to watch it so about half of wat you pay would be reasonable. But it would be the best time if any to make us brits pay for it, Etim, Kelly, Pearson, wilks all breaking through and of course bisping and hardy flying the flag, UFC and MMA is Growing bigger and bigger here.

G[/quote']

I hate it when it comes on at 3pm here. And I think it should be at a discounted price when it does.

And, I will say again, I think it would be wrong to start making it a ppv with out a lot more warning. Like announce "February of 211 UFC will be PPV for everyone" or something. Do not spring it on people at the last minute. Which I doubt they will.

Thank fook. Thanks for posting this.

I hope Five or Virgin 1 gets it, that way everyone can watch. Five is terrestrial, which would boost MASSIVE figures for the event, & Virgin1 is on Freeview which 95% of people have. ESPN is nothing in Britain, & Sky Sports don't work well for UFC, as it says.

Let's hope Branson pulls it out the bag again!

who ever gets it i just hope we dont miss out on anything setanta gave us, i still want to see the weekly talk show ,UFC Unleashed and other shows

be a nice money saver if FIVE or Virgin1 get it

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/ufc/2508674/UFC-100-will-air-live-on-UK-TV.html

hopes this helps people relax a little bit some good news here' date=' sounds good with FIVE trying to win the deal.[/quote']

OMG! This has made my day mate!! A couple of tears rolled down my face! and the hairs on the back on my neck stood up!! GOD BLESS U!!!! lolol