Sign in to follow this  
TheBushmaster

Kimbo Slice?????

Did I just see a promo where Kimbo Slice is now a UFC fighter? ...... Why? He is the most overhyped, underproducing heavyweight since Bob Sapp. As far as I am concerned, Dana White lost credibility with this move. Is this out of desperation?

But you have to give him some credit, he could have gone to strikeforce and fought cans for tons of money, but instead he's gonna try and prove himself on The Ultimate Fighter. Unfortunatly, he'll most likely fail...

=[

Brock Kimbo are proof that Dana will choose hype and $$$ over credibility. It's a fine line he walks but so far it has worked out. I hope it never backfires on him because it will not only be he who loses credibility, it will be bad for the UFC as well.

Brock Kimbo are proof that Dana will choose hype and $$$ over credibility. It's a fine line he walks but so far it has worked out. I hope it never backfires on him because it will not only be he who loses credibility' date=' it will be bad for the UFC as well.[/quote']

Brock turned out to be a amazing fighter though.

Fighting Brock Lesnar is like getting into the ring with an Ape. Who do you really think will win there? I'd like to see him fight cheick kongo.

Kongo ? Did you watch UFC 99 ?

Brock Kimbo are proof that Dana will choose hype and $$$ over credibility. It's a fine line he walks but so far it has worked out. I hope it never backfires on him because it will not only be he who loses credibility' date=' it will be bad for the UFC as well.[/quote']

Lesner should fight Shane Carwin. hes 11-0 and is actually comparable in size to Lesner.

On the contrary Kimbo is proving to everyone including Dana that he can cut it in the ufc, he's not being given anything He has to earn it, this is a great move for the world to see if Kimbo is truly that good or just a lucky knockout man.

What does credibility have to do with selling tickets and raising fan awareness to the sport. He does his job and does it well... What teenager wouldn't want to see a famous backyard brawler like kimbo make a name for himself... Good eye for business if you ask me.

Kongo is an excellent fighter, he just has no depth. He has his kicking and striking down, now he needs to learn everything else. Kicks do nothing when you are on the ground.

As for Kimbo, from what i've been hearing he is actually doing decently well on TUF.

But then again, TUF for heavy weights usually has the crappiest fighters to begin with.

I mean, lightweights coming in TUF have about as much conditioning as a high school offensive lineman. Heavyweights coming into TUF reminds me of taking two different colors of Jello, pouring them into the same bowl and watching them flop on each other.

Its not likes he's signed to to ufc. He's going thru the ultimate fighter show to prove that he

belongs to the MMA world. I think everyone deserves a chance especially since Dana "know

it all" White said that the man will get killed in the UFC. When the show airs, we'll see rather

he belongs or not. If u ask me, (speaking in my seminole indian voice) many white men will

be getting knocked the **** out. If you catch my drift. Also, his nickname is the intimadator.

Beware.

What does credibility have to do with selling tickets and raising fan awareness to the sport. He does his job and does it well... What teenager wouldn't want to see a famous backyard brawler like kimbo make a name for himself... Good eye for business if you ask me.

Agreed Sir.

I for one will be watching to see him make a fool out of himself.... But who knows, maybe he will prove himself?

Glass jaw or great fighter? This is Kimbo's chance to prove it either way

Niether... Go watch youtube if you think he has a glass jaw. Or go watch youtube if you think hes a great fighter... he is a very good street fighter (not a good or great MMA fighter, yet). What he is, is a man who will fight anybody anywhere. I could care less if he makes it or not, because I'll still be watching him when he goes back to street fighting.

This is DW's polite way of proving Kimbo is a joke. However, If kimbo gets a decent ground game, then he will make some noise. It's gonna be interesting.

put that idiot up against brock. they deserve each other. both such jokes.

There both such jokes? Ones is a champ, and the other would probably put you to sleep in under a minute. Big Jokes They Are.

This is rather unexpected. Fans are already upset that the UFC is recruiting side shows from professional wrestling, aka the circus. Kimbo Slice has already proved to be nothing more than a face to slap onto a card. If he survives past the first fight, I will be severed disappointed. This takes my respect for the UFC down a peg. Actually give this joker a contract, and I just dont wanna imagine where the promotion goes from there. First Brock Lesner, now Slice. Who next? Lets ask Hulk Hogan to come in to wrestle. No wait... Andre the Giant if he still lives.

Personally I think Dana White did this just to prove to people that Kimbo Slice isn't a Mixed Martial Artist by putting him up against people who are serious about fighting.

Rest assured that Kimbo will NOT win the show and will more than likely be destroyed in his first fight by someone with skill :)

Personally I think Dana White did this just to prove to people that Kimbo Slice isn't a Mixed Martial Artist by putting him up against people who are serious about fighting.

Rest assured that Kimbo will NOT win the show and will more than likely be destroyed in his first fight BY SOMEONE WITH SKILL :)

I could not agree with you more bro' date=' Kimbo will be made an example out of, Dana does this to those he wants to disprove, puts them in grueling situations, and I am looking forward to it. Kimbo will be getting Kim[u']BOOED[/u], even if he managed to win.

Rest assured that Kimbo will NOT win the show and will more than likely be destroyed in his first fight by someone with skill :)

Lol have you seen that commercial where they put him with evans & rampage?:eek:

Lesnar isn't credible? He's a multible NCAA wrestling champ. Are you sayin anyone w/a wrestling background doesn't belong in the UFC? So, I guess you think Couture, Henderson, etc should be kick'd out of the UFC? I agree that Kimbo shouldn't be in the UFC, Kimbo is a fighter that got his fame from beatin up guys that shouldn't even been in a fight period and when he fought someone his own size HE LOST. Kimbo is a 14 sec man and will always be remember'd as one, but Lesnar told Dana White to "throw him to the lions" and he shined. He earned what he has, and proves it in every fight he's in.

That and Kimbo is an easy money grab. Casual mma fans probably watched EXC on CBS and saw Kimbo on there.

Also DW probably wants to show that Kimbo is a joke just to show Gary Shaw who the real man is lol

kimbo lost ok w/e..... all fighters get a nick in there mma record at 1 time.. and to all u internet warriors saying kimbo isnt a fighter, i really do hope kimbo wins this **** not because i like him but because i wanna see all u internet tuff guys cry like some little *****es.. he will be a force to be reconed with with sum right training and sum ground game WATCH