Sign in to follow this  
Grotty

UK audience- do we matter any more?

The UFC has now captured the huge Mexican audience, i am concerned that nothing seems to be 100% definite regards the future for the UK audience. I appreciate that UFC 100 was shown on sky and internet but this was a one shot deal wasnt it?

I was very dissapointed with the apparent lack of information from the UFC until the last minute regards UFC 100.

Is there anything concrete regards future shows or dont we really matter in the UK??

The UFC has now captured the huge Mexican audience' date=' i am concerned that nothing seems to be 100% definite regards the future for the UK audience. I appreciate that UFC 100 was shown on sky and internet but this was a one shot deal wasnt it?

I was very dissapointed with the apparent lack of information from the UFC until the last minute regards UFC 100.

Is there anything concrete regards future shows or dont we really matter in the UK??[/quote']

No you dont matter anymore, pay for it like everyone else or wait till they come back to the UK in couple years. The UFC already lifted up the UK's skirt and got you wet. Now you do the work lol.

The UFC has now captured the huge Mexican audience' date=' i am concerned that nothing seems to be 100% definite regards the future for the UK audience. I appreciate that UFC 100 was shown on sky and internet but this was a one shot deal wasnt it?

Is there anything concrete regards future shows or dont we really matter in the UK??[/quote']

nahh you guys dont matter anymore.. sorry

No you dont matter anymore' date=' pay for it like everyone else or wait till they come back to the UK in couple years. The UFC already lifted up the UK's skirt and got you wet. Now you do the work lol.[/quote']

LoL I like it,

Even If we could get it live PPV (on tv) in the UK I wouldn't be paying for it. We're about 7 hours in front of PST so you do the math. As long as I stay away from this website I won't hear the results (obviously no-one this side gives a rats ****) before I DL it from usenet and watch it at my convenience. That way I can skip Rogan and Goldberg kissing **** ;)

LoL I like it' date='

Even If we could get it live PPV (on tv) in the UK I wouldn't be paying for it. We're about 7 hours in front of PST so you do the math. As long as I stay away from this website I won't hear the results (obviously no-one this side gives a rats ****) before I DL it from usenet and watch it at my convenience. That way I can skip Rogan and Goldberg kissing **** ;)[/quote']

Rogan an **** kisser? You really dont know Rogan do you?

Get over yourself man. UFC promised we would have 101 live and free, and we had it live and free. They didnt make Setanta go bust.

They have provided us for some years now with great availability to all UFC events and TUF shows.

They have said they will sort out a better long term deal, and they will. UFC 102 isn't for another 3 weeks. What the hell are you stressing about? Stop giving us a bad name.

Get over yourself man. UFC promised we would have 101 live and free' date=' and we had it live and free. They didnt make Setanta go bust.

They have provided us for some years now with great availability to all UFC events and TUF shows.

They have said they will sort out a better long term deal, and they will. UFC 102 isn't for another 3 weeks. What the hell are you stressing about? Stop giving us a bad name.[/quote']

Hey dude, UFC 101 is on in 3 weeks, we just had 100!

I agree though, all the panicing ain't gonna help anything, it'll get sorted in time for 101!

Hey dude' date=' UFC 101 is on in 3 weeks, we just had 100!

I agree though, all the panicing ain't gonna help anything, it'll get sorted in time for 101![/quote']

Lol, I'll call it a typo! You know what I meant!

But yeh totally, it will get sorted. Consistently moaning and crying about it is making us all look like cry babies, which clearly we're not! lol

You think it sucks now' date=' wait till China come online with the UFC, then you will compete against 1.5 billion people for the UFC's attention ;)[/quote']

There's alot of work to do in terms of opening up the Chinese market. Your average Chinese dude can't afford the UFC at american web prices, heck, your average Chinese bar can't afford those prices. Even then, it will take time to build up interest, there aren't any notable Chinese UFC fighters. Dyon Hong Kim or whatever is the closest, and he's Korean, not Chinese. The Chinese don't have a comradeship with the Japanese, it's better described as a rivalry... the point being, Chinese fans won't be cheering for the Japanese fighters with any more interest then for American fighters.

I have no idea what the MMA scene in China is like, weather it's even plausible to recruit Chinese fighters at this point in time, my suspicion would be that if it exists there it's not at UFC level yet. There's alot of work to be done in China before a real foothold can be established there, but if the work is done, I think the Chinese market can contribute alot to the sport.

ufc 105 is in manchester so i dont think they've forgotten about the uk , just think you need to be more patient, a lot of channels were interested in ufc bravo , sky , virgin and espn . Contracts do take time to finalise , i sure it wont before long before a deal is announced .

dana white and the ufc have been great with us (uk fans) i'm sure they will sort a long term deal before 101, they went to great lenths to show 100. hears hoping for virgin 1 to get the deal.

show some ****ing gratitude.

If anythin i think Virgin will be lucky to keep TUF let alone get more shows! Bravo (owned by Virgin Media) are showing Bamma and Affliction events so i think Virgin and Bravo are out of the question now!

Sky Sports have picked up Ultimate Challenge UK Tape delay! Dont think they will be getting any contracts either!

ESPN have the big money bid but would mean another Subscription channel for fans to pick up events....Setanta could only get about 1.2mil subscribers, ESPN will prob only get around the same! If UFC went to channel 5 (The other bidder) its terrestrial tv for millions of viewers to pick up for free! They could then build the sport in the uk til they have us all hooked (if its not too late already) Then throw it on box office after a few years!

Even then i'd still pay for it!

Marshall Zelaznik (UK.UFC) said in an interview there was a FEW contracts for tv they were looking to secure to keep UK fans super happy! They'll be announced very soon!

Keep up the good work UFC :D

Cant wait til manchester in Nov!:D

The UFC are working on a long-term deal to find the best "home" over here... it's a complex thing and takes time. Dana White has repeatedly said how important the UK market is to them - there's no need to worry, mate!

If I was a betting man, I'd say the new ESPN subscription channel (which starts on 3rd August) will be getting it.