Sign in to follow this  
polecat

UK TV info

Has anyone heard any more rumblings on any new TV deals for the UFC in the UK?

it has been cracking me up waiting to see if i will get to see the UFC on a regular basis.

it was a complete nightmare getting to see UFC 100 and ended up going to my sister in laws to watch it whilst she was on holiday.

i dont fancy watching it online at all and fear i will not get to follow it.

so if anyone has any info or has heard anything further plese let us know.

cheers polecat.

Has anyone heard any more rumblings on any new TV deals for the UFC in the UK?

it has been cracking me up waiting to see if i will get to see the UFC on a regular basis.

it was a complete nightmare getting to see UFC 100 and ended up going to my sister in laws to watch it whilst she was on holiday.

i dont fancy watching it online at all and fear i will not get to follow it.

so if anyone has any info or has heard anything further plese let us know.

cheers polecat.

the uk coverage of ufc will go to channel five, virgin 1, bravo, sky sports or espn. all these broadcasters made bids its just up to the ufc to choose which one. dana will probably confirm it 31st july in the press conference.

most likely virgin1 will get it as it available on freeview, sky and cable and dana doesnt want the ufc to go ppv in the uk as we still wants more viewers and fans. lets hope it dont go to sky sports who will make it ppv and show it on box office like the boxing. focking wankers

i had to watch ufc 100 online because i dont hav sky and it was a very good picture i might just start watching it online because there is no tv adds lol plus u get to see wots going on in the corner.i think we hav 2 pay for it.anyway i heard there will be told on wed or thursday mate!

According to sources I have read, ESPN favourite to secure rights on new UK channel. Possible 2 channel deal in pipeline involving Virgin 1 who had excellent viewing figures for last TUF series available on freeview. ESPN will be subscription only but preferable to Sky who would likely go down the PPV route.

Other satellite/cable operators such as BT Vision and Virgin Media in negotiations with ESPN to broadcast the new channel.

Now it's getting really bad because I am having to watch a 6 week old strikeforce card on extreme sports. I wish they would just pull their finger out of their puckering chocolate starfish and sort a tv deal like now.

It's starting to feel like amatuer hour with regards to the UFC's tv deal in the UK.

I?m sure Zuffa will close the deal sooner than you expect. In Mexico they've just signed a contract with Televisa, the largest Broadcasting company in Latin America, and they aired UFC 100 for free in Mexico (with a delay of 1 hour)

Now it's getting really bad because I am having to watch a 6 week old strikeforce card on extreme sports. I wish they would just pull their finger out of their puckering chocolate starfish and sort a tv deal like now.

It's starting to feel like amatuer hour with regards to the UFC's tv deal in the UK.

LOL same here mate it aint good is it or nuts tv for the old cage rage archives lol

A mate of mine said UFC 100 was on one of the racing channels. I never got round to checking it out though. I hope they don't go with sky (PPV). I think Dana realised how much the viewing figures dropped with Satanta' date=' so I reckon it will go to Virgin.

http://sportales.com/martial-arts/mixed-martial-arts-the-fastest-growing-sport-in-the-world/[/quote']

Yeah it was on racing world they had the 100 greatest ufc fights and then the countdown and main event it was quite good and it was free :) I heard that espn are the front runners but im not sure if it is part of a sky package or if its like 1 of them ad it for a ?1 channels do you know m8? I was happy paying the ?15 for ppv to be honest or the setanta fee as long as I get to see it I dont care I wish they would hurry up and get us informed so we know to get whatever channel we need if we aint got it allready

i reckon it will go to ESPN, they'r launching a new channel soon that will show the Prem lge games they bought from setanta and the SPL, it will also go out in HD, think prices will be comparable to setanta. i have sky HD so this will be great for me but i hope it goes out on Virgin and Freeview too as lots would miss out otherwise.

Also being as Zuffa(owner of UFC) also owns WEC maybe we could get that on whatever channel gets the deal too.

i reckon it will go to ESPN' date=' they'r launching a new channel soon that will show the Prem lge games they bought from setanta and the SPL, it will also go out in HD, think prices will be comparable to setanta. i have sky HD so this will be great for me but i hope it goes out on Virgin and Freeview too as lots would miss out otherwise.

Also being as Zuffa(owner of UFC) also owns WEC maybe we could get that on whatever channel gets the deal too.[/quote']

Good point I would love to start following WEC as I dont think we get that in the UK apart from on the net maybe??? so espn is a pay extra channel like setanta, thanks for clearing that up m8 I can now add it easy enough if they win the rights obviously :P

i had to watch ufc 100 online because i dont hav sky and it was a very good picture i might just start watching it online because there is no tv adds lol plus u get to see wots going on in the corner.i think we hav 2 pay for it.anyway i heard there will be told on wed or thursday mate!

What Website you use' date=' You might have to Private Message me, As far as i knew it was only on Yahoo PPV but that is not available to users in

Italy, South Korea, United Kingdom, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Sudan.

Was it on the UFC website i never saw it, I cannot wait for UFC to come back to been broadcasted in the UK.

I hear that Sky are out of the running, which is great. I think the free online thing was a one off because of how close it was to the event.

What Website you use' date=' You might have to Private Message me, As far as i knew it was only on Yahoo PPV but that is not available to users in

Was it on the UFC website i never saw it, I cannot wait for UFC to come back to been broadcasted in the UK.[/quote']

It was free on the UFC website for the UK

I hear that Sky are out of the running' date=' which is great. I think the free online thing was a one off because of how close it was to the event.[/quote']

Sky announced a few weeks ago they werent interested in UFC, instead they are showing Ultimate Fighting i think its called,

We all know ESPN swooping and will take it.

Forcing people in this time of hard cash to boycot.

The sport has had big names but been very lack luster this year.

Quite an anti climax, just doesnt hold its on right now, and definately not worth the cash.

I like a lot of UK fans am very dissapointed with the apparent lack of interest from the UFC in regards to the UK audience!, as Setanta went out of the picture we had to wait until literally a couple of days before UFC 100 to find out how or if we were going to get to see it.

Now the UFC had stated previously that there were a couple of parties interested in showing the UFC etc and the deal was on the table blah blah now we habe UFC 101 coming up and AGAIN the UFC havent even bothered to post anything regards how/who is going to air the shows in the UK, so UFC what the hell is happening!?, there has been no follow up info or even confirmation that the UFC are going to even bother trying to get future shows aired in the UK, are the UK audience going to have to wait again until the last minute?

I think the UFC are neglecting the fans, it is a shame.

Anyone heard any rumours regards shows being aired on a particular channel in the future, i hope someone knows as the UFC dont seem to give a crap!

I was just about to make a similar thread about this subject but you beat me to it. The best place is to keep checking on the UFC site as i'm pretty sure they will post it up there when they know. Audiences all over is what they need to turn this sport and organisation inot the money making machine it is becoming. As long as i know before it happens I will be a happy man.

the new espn channel starts on august 3rd my guess is we will hear something then

ufc doesnt care about uk fans?? dont be so stupid they know how big a market we are and like brew said these things take time

well said grotty the tv deals are always last minute and no 1 tells us **** all, and never a big big main event in England I know the organisation is American but it would keep us English boys sweet for life if they gave us something big over here and also win over a lot of ufc fans but the ufc is sticking to its roots which is what we would do if the ufc was English lol

I like a lot of UK fans am very dissapointed with the apparent lack of interest from the UFC in regards to the UK audience!' date=' as Setanta went out of the picture we had to wait until literally a couple of days before UFC 100 to find out how or if we were going to get to see it.

Now the UFC had stated previously that there were a couple of parties interested in showing the UFC etc and the deal was on the table blah blah now we habe UFC 101 coming up and AGAIN the UFC havent even bothered to post anything regards how/who is going to air the shows in the UK, so UFC what the hell is happening!?, there has been no follow up info or even confirmation that the UFC are going to even bother trying to get future shows aired in the UK, are the UK audience going to have to wait again until the last minute?

I think the UFC are neglecting the fans, it is a shame.

Anyone heard any rumours regards shows being aired on a particular channel in the future, i hope someone knows as the UFC dont seem to give a crap![/quote']

This topic comes up about every other day. Not knockin ya as if I was in your region I would be freaking myself.

Generally major TV deals such as this take time to piece together. Especially if you have several companies that would all welcome ufc tv into the fold.

Something tells me that the UFC are being careful that this doesn't happen again. Logically they will want to choose the best option they can. A deal like that simply can't be produced over night.

They haven't let you down yet have they? Just don't be presumptuous that they will. Might be a headache for the interim, but they will figure it out.

Blame Setanta

I was just about to make a similar thread about this subject but you beat me to it. The best place is to keep checking on the UFC site as i'm pretty sure they will post it up there when they know. Audiences all over is what they need to turn this sport and organisation inot the money making machine it is becoming. As long as i know before it happens I will be a happy man.

The UFC had originally claimed they had some very interested parties and the deal was on the table etc etc and this was before UFC 100, the impression they gave was that it was being addressed.

I would think higher of the UFC if they would at least post something on their website stating their aims/ goals regards the UK audience and at least state if negotiations were underway or even being considered.

The UFC could at least show a bit of courtesy by reassuring the UK audience that the matter is being dealt with.

This topic comes up about every other day. Not knockin ya as if I was in your region I would be freaking myself.

Generally major TV deals such as this take time to piece together. Especially if you have several companies that would all welcome ufc tv into the fold.

Something tells me that the UFC are being careful that this doesn't happen again. Logically they will want to choose the best option they can. A deal like that simply can't be produced over night.

They haven't let you down yet have they? Just don't be presumptuous that they will. Might be a headache for the interim' date=' but they will figure it out.

Blame Setanta[/quote']

Ur right they havent let us down yet with the tv viewing, its just horrible not knowing that does ya nut in, still want a big main event here tho :P

Another thread about this? Im in the UK and even I am getting fed up with these posts, especially since there is a 3 page thread on the subject just below this one.

Maybe we will hear something on Friday along with the other announcement/s

Ur right they havent let us down yet with the tv viewing' date=' its just horrible not knowing that does ya nut in, still want a big main event here tho :P[/quote']

Here is the way I look at it. They say most people who watch the UFC at home watch it with a group of friends, or going to a dive to watch it. I never know until the last minute where I will be seeing a UFC event, but I never worry about it because I never miss a live UFC. I also never watch it at home unless I am throwing the party. Just can't spend $40-50 on UFC every month (and sometimes 2x a month).

Still plan on seeing it. Even if they throw something at you last minute, chances are everyone in the UK will still watch it and find it wasn't that much headache to figure out in the end. If you don't carry the station, chances are a buddy of yours will.

Here is the way I look at it. They say most people who watch the UFC at home watch it with a group of friends' date=' or going to a dive to watch it. I never know until the last minute where I will be seeing a UFC event, but I never worry about it because I never miss a live UFC. I also never watch it at home unless I am throwing the party. Just can't spend $40-50 on UFC every month (and sometimes 2x a month).

Still plan on seeing it. Even if they throw something at you last minute, chances are everyone in the UK will still watch it and find it wasn't that much headache to figure out in the end. If you don't carry the station, chances are a buddy of yours will.[/quote']

I make u right m8 were just English and love a good old moan and love a bit of drama, aint you ever seen Eastenders :P

Another thread about this? Im in the UK and even I am getting fed up with these posts' date=' especially since there is a 3 page thread on the subject just below this one.

Maybe we will hear something on Friday along with the other announcement/s[/quote']

+1

well said grotty the tv deals are always last minute and no 1 tells us **** all' date=' and [b']never a big big main event in England [/b]I know the organisation is American but it would keep us English boys sweet for life if they gave us something big over here and also win over a lot of ufc fans but the ufc is sticking to its roots which is what we would do if the ufc was English lol

If you are going to come on here and slam the UFC, please get your facts straight mate. London - Rampage vs Henderson for the first ever UFC/Pride unification title fight. I was there. Thankyou UFC. Newcastle - BJ Penn vs Joe Stevenson for the LW championship. I was there. Thankyou UFC.

Every card has been great fun to watch. We can't always get title fights, but how can you say we have not had a BIG main event?

The UFC had originally claimed they had some very interested parties and the deal was on the table etc etc and this was before UFC 100' date=' the impression they gave was that it was being addressed.

I would think higher of the UFC if they would at least post something on their website stating their aims/ goals regards the UK audience and at least state if negotiations were underway or even being considered.

[b']The UFC could at least show a bit of courtesy by reassuring the UK audience that the matter is being dealt with[/b].

Keep an eye out on all resources and you will see that the UFC has been keeping us up to speed. Hopefully the mods will make a UK tv audience sticky thread, because a gazillion have come up in the last 2 weeks, and all inform you where various sources have shown us that Dana and the rest are doing all they can.

Another thread about this? Im in the UK and even I am getting fed up with these posts' date=' especially since there is a 3 page thread on the subject just below this one.

Maybe we will hear something on Friday along with the other announcement/s[/quote']

Mikey, thanks man. I am glad other people are getting fed up with this. Its getting pretty embarrassing.

Just because they haven't told us anything for a while doesn't mean that they've stopped caring altogether. The deals are complex and there is just under two weeks until UFC 101, which is plenty of time for a deal to be sorted. UFC have spent ages trying to tap into Britain, so I seriously doubt they'll stop caring anytime soon. I agree UFC 100 was a ****-up, but people need to stop getting worried about the new deal. I've seen too many of these threads the last fews days.

If you are going to come on here and slam the UFC' date=' please get your facts straight mate. London - Rampage vs Henderson for the first ever UFC/Pride unification title fight. I was there. Thankyou UFC. Newcastle - BJ Penn vs Joe Stevenson for the LW championship. I was there. Thankyou UFC.

Every card has been great fun to watch. We can't always get title fights, but how can you say we have not had a BIG main event?

Keep an eye out on all resources and you will see that the UFC has been keeping us up to speed. Hopefully the mods will make a UK tv audience sticky thread, because a gazillion have come up in the last 2 weeks, and all inform you where various sources have shown us that Dana and the rest are doing all they can.

Mikey, thanks man. I am glad other people are getting fed up with this. Its getting pretty embarrassing.[/quote']

Once again mate, well said!!!

They have never let us down, and even if you have to watch it on streaming, so what!!

Guys,

I've been watching this thing for the last 8 years. When i stumbled across this thing, i had to buy DVD'S at ?18.00 each to watch it.

I bought Setanta, i watched BRAVO, i've been to Live events.

The UFC does care, and by reading other MMA sites, which have reported that Dana and the gang are in europe, i can only imagine that one of their main prioritys is speaking with TV companys.

My bet is that it will be sorted by early next week.

Thanks Brewster for sorting this out.

Right, I am going to write this in big lettering to try and stem this tide of incessant quibbling about the UFC on UK tv.

No deal has yet been decided. The UFC will be trying to sort out the best deal for both themselves and the UK fans, and will look to maximise exposure in order to grow the business in a market where it is relatively small. Therefore, PPV is a very unlikely option. The various channels in the running appear to be ESPN, Virgin1, and Bravo. No confirmation has yet been announced, but will be on the UFC.UK.COM website as SOON as it is decided.

The UFC is not in any way forgetting UK fans. They gave us UFC100 for free, after the collapse of Setanta (which the UFC could not do anything about), and for those who couldn't access that TV channel, they streamed it, again for free, on our website.

The UFC have not ever let us down yet, and until they do so, common sense says they will continue to supply us with high quality viewing, and great live events.

So please, if you are thinking about coming on here and having a moan, please take a deep breath, relax, and be patient. All will be released soon, and before UFC 101 takes place, so dont worry, you will get to see the event.

And as for live events, if anyone can, get themselves to Manchester. Tickets will be available in due course. Again, keep an eye on the website, and on ticket master for when they will become available for general sale. Hopefully I'll share a beer with some of you there.

they must have not made a deal yet or they would have told us something.plus whats up with this english thing lol im from scotland and im really wanting the ufc up here.the last tuf should have been called team england vs team usa lol.where called uk for a reason!!

Put a shot of port in there' date=' make it a cheeky vimto, and your on! haha[/quote']

I may take some Port/vimto/wkd to the Joe Rogan gig on the Friday night. :P

well said grotty the tv deals are always last minute and no 1 tells us **** all' date=' and never a big big main event in England I know the organisation is American but it would keep us English boys sweet for life if they gave us something big over here and also win over a lot of ufc fans but the ufc is sticking to its roots which is what we would do if the ufc was English lol[/quote']

i have to disagree

i cant remember which one exactly but they were actually going to make the headlining fight in one UK event Liddell vs Evans until chuck pulled his hamstring

they then did a no brainer and pulled the bisping card so it obviously did well

and you cant complain about UFC95 jesus christ lol, knockout-fest for the ages