Sign in to follow this  
polecat

UK TV info

i guess if you want to see bisping get clocked by any opponent who isn't a scrub you can enjoy watching the ufc in the uk

Yes, because Michael Bisping is in fact the only fighter anyone in the UK wants to watch fight. All other fights are just to entertain the rst of the world while we are waiting for Bisping to fight. We generally go and eat spotted di*k and drink tea and maramalde crumpets while other fights are on.

You idiot.

I dont at all blame the UFC for the mishap with UFC 100 showing in UK, i lay ALL the blame on Setanta Sports. Did any of you seriously expect them to get a solid deal sorted in such a short amount of time? The UFC did as they promised and got the show on A UK TV CHANNEL, even though it didnt suit us all. That is why they put it on their website for 24 hrs for FREE to watch, although it wasnt the best broadcast, it was suitable. You guys really need to stop worrying, as a UK fan myself, i have the utmost confidence, due to the many years of coverage now in the UK, that the UFC will at least sort something out, whether its a solid lengthy deal or just a temporary one. Although from what i have heard currently, they in negotiations with a few channels who want to broadcast the promotion for a lengthy amount of time.

But seriously guys, STOP worrying!!! The UK is far to important for the UFC to just shunt away as if we didnt matter. They have been trying desperatly to expand MMA within the UK for years now, and they are impacting extremely well. Also they would never actually make it a pay per view event here until it has expanded further, so there is no worry their! They will sort something out shortly, and they will announce it shortly!

Yes' date=' because Michael Bisping is in fact the only fighter anyone in the UK wants to watch fight. All other fights are just to entertain the rst of the world while we are waiting for Bisping to fight. We generally go and eat spotted di*k and drink tea and maramalde crumpets while other fights are on.

You idiot.[/quote']

Hahaha .. don't forget that we all live in castles too !! :D

what the f uck? they give you the biggest MMA PPV buy EVER for FREE...they hand you guys TUF 9 and I'm guessing the UK hosts the second most UFC events after the USA (I'm guessing)

"well they could have the courtesy to post something to reassure fans"

WHAT IF NO CERTAIN FORWARD PROGRESS HAS BEEN MADE? DO YOU NEED THEM TO TEXT YOU AND SAY "THERE IS NOTHING NEW TO SAY, BUT PROMISE, WE'RE WORKING ON IT"

also a guess, but I'd imagine the "big" events are held where they are so the UFC can be more confident in the officiating and the venue itself. A LOT can go wrong with live isht.

http://www.fightmarks.com/story.php?title=espn-to-clinch-ufc-tv-deal

The American TV giant - owned by Disney - are understood to have secured the rights to broadcast the MMA promotion's biggest events, starting with UFC 101 next month.

Following the collapse of Setanta in June, British fans have been left wondering where they will be able to get their next fix of top-level mixed martial arts on TV.

what the f uck? they give you the biggest MMA PPV buy EVER for FREE...they hand you guys TUF 9 and I'm guessing the UK hosts the second most UFC events after the USA (I'm guessing)

"well they could have the courtesy to post something to reassure fans"

WHAT IF NO CERTAIN FORWARD PROGRESS HAS BEEN MADE? DO YOU NEED THEM TO TEXT YOU AND SAY "THERE IS NOTHING NEW TO SAY' date=' BUT PROMISE, WE'RE WORKING ON IT"

also a guess, but I'd imagine the "big" events are held where they are so the UFC can be more confident in the officiating and the venue itself. A LOT can go wrong with live isht.[/quote']

Your not from the UK i take it!.

Its pretty poor when even the UFC uk site doesnt even mention that a major channel is interested in picking up the rights to air the show, grow up with the text comments !

The reason im *****ing so much is that i am a die hard fan ffs duh, and what is wrong with a professional body such as the UFC at least saying the issue is being dealt with on their websites rather than hear news from non UFC related MMA sites? The reason im concerned is that NOTHING has even been mentioned since ufc 100 and its 10 days to go for UFC 101 and a fight ive been waiting for Penn vs Florian.

SORRY for actually caring

As for streaming well yep its an option but id rather watch it on TV for bloody obvious reasons.

These type of threads are getting old really fast.You got a free ppv and still manage to complain because you may have to wait till the last minute to flick around your tv to see if you can watch....you'll survive....youre coming to the wrong place to get pity from people who actually pay to watch.

Your not from the UK i take it!.

Its pretty poor when even the UFC uk site doesnt even mention that a major channel is interested in picking up the rights to air the show' date=' grow up with the text comments !

The reason im *****ing so much is that i am a die hard fan ffs duh, and what is wrong with a professional body such as the UFC at least saying the issue is being dealt with on their websites rather than hear news from non UFC related MMA sites? The reason im concerned is that NOTHING has even been mentioned since ufc 100 and its 10 days to go for UFC 101 and a fight ive been waiting for Penn vs Florian.

SORRY for actually caring

As for streaming well yep its an option but id rather watch it on TV for bloody obvious reasons.[/quote']

Good reply, im with you all the way there mate.

Its all too easy for others to look at these posts and argue, but they are not in our shoes. The Uk audience are left in the dark and its just a little disconcerting for us. I wonder how the others would feel, with 10 days left, not being sure how, or even IF they will be able to watch. I watched ufc 100 steamed on my pc, on a freezing cold night on my tiny pc screen at 3am, and dont get me wrong, i bloody loved every minute, but its not the same as watching on my tv.

lastly, to stop me getting all mad like i did last time, i wont even bother checking where i can view it, until the friday b4 the fight.

I would gladly accept a free ppv in exchange for having to waste a few minutes clicking around to see if i can get a ppv the next month.

Show some patience...the deal falling through isnt danas fault and you either get the ppv or you don't...eventually all will be settled and you will have easy access like everyone else...but sooking and moaning isn't going to help and theres enough of it on the boards...its getting annoying...not shemale spammer pic annoying....but close.

Thanks Brewster for sorting this out.

Right' date=' I am going to write this in big lettering to try and stem this tide of incessant quibbling about the UFC on UK tv.

No deal has yet been decided. The UFC will be trying to sort out the best deal for both themselves and the UK fans, and will look to maximise exposure in order to grow the business in a market where it is relatively small. Therefore, PPV is a very unlikely option. The various channels in the running appear to be ESPN, Virgin1, and Bravo. No confirmation has yet been announced, but will be on the UFC.UK.COM website as SOON as it is decided.

The UFC is not in any way forgetting UK fans. They gave us UFC100 for free, after the collapse of Setanta (which the UFC could not do anything about), and for those who couldn't access that TV channel, they streamed it, again for free, on our website.

The UFC have not ever let us down yet, and until they do so, common sense says they will continue to supply us with high quality viewing, and great live events.

So please, if you are thinking about coming on here and having a moan, please take a deep breath, relax, and be patient. All will be released soon, and before UFC 101 takes place, so dont worry, you will get to see the event.

And as for live events, if anyone can, get themselves to Manchester. Tickets will be available in due course. Again, keep an eye on the website, and on ticket master for when they will become available for general sale. Hopefully I'll share a beer with some of you there.[/size']

Just to clarify then.......?

Nah I'm just messing with you.

I've heard this today from a non-UFC related site but has some relevance

"ESPN have announced a carriage deal with Virgin Media, which means cable customers currently taking Virgin?s XL television package will receive ESPN?s new sports channel for free. Customers with M or L packages can add ESPN to their package for an additional cost, similar to the arrangement Virgin had with Setanta.

The station starts broadcasting from August 3rd, and will broadcast live Premier League football this season."

http://www.brandrepublic.com/News/923509/ESPN-secures-carriage-deal-Virgin-air-live-Premier-League-football/

Now I deffo want it on ESPN! haha.

Ive just seen that on the virgin media website that they have struck a deal with ESPN to screen all ESPN channels in standard and HD to all Virgin media XL customers for free!!!!, its also free to all virgin customers throughout August.

Hopefully this means that the ESPN has got the UFC rights and that Virgin has got 1 over sky by ensuring that even more UFC fans sign up with them instead of sky!!!

http://pressoffice.virginmedia.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=205406&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1313434&highlight=

hope all this about ESPN being free to view on all Virgin Media XL packs is true. that would be ideal. Virgin would seriously **** out by not getting the ufc. i cant be the only one who got the virgin cable package just for setanta.

happy days :)

ESPN appear to have to rights from what ive heard but i really wanted them to go the Channel 5. not only would it have opened to sport up to more people that dont have ESPN and cause of that it aould attract more viewers and further help the UFC grow in the UK

Well it's come from reliable sources like Media Week...and they know their stuff. And if Virgin have announced it on their site also you can't really not believe it.

Sky announced a few weeks ago they werent interested in UFC' date=' instead they are showing Ultimate Fighting i think its called,[/quote']

ultimate challenge uk its called run by the old owners of cage rage

Well it's come from reliable sources like Media Week...and they know their stuff. And if Virgin have announced it on their site also you can't really not believe it.

i expected this to happen with cable same as the old arrangement with setanta, unlucky 4 me me and the house joined on are the onl houses in the street who haven't got cable fitted on the front of are houses(cabled area) so i have to fork out to sky and the 12 quid am saving from setanta is looking like its goin back out now to ESPN

I just called virgin customer service ( if you can call them that) and they confirmed this, the ESPN channels will be free to XL customers. To say i'm a bit happy is like saying Barak Obama is a bit popular.

I can't fault Virgin Customer Services, they usually crumble if you want a bit extra out of them.

Asked them what they can do to keep me as a customer after a year as Sky quoted me better (they hadn't but i didn't tell them that), they said they'd match the 'quote' Sky gave me and upscale my broadband.

Happy days

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/jul/29/espn-premier-league-football

Cable TV viewers will be able to watch ESPN's live Premier League coverage free next month as an introductory offer after the US sports broadcaster signed a distribution deal with Virgin Media.

Disney-owned ESPN is launching a new UK cable and satellite subscription channel, and a high definition service, to carry its 46 live Premier League matches and 30 Scottish Premier League for next season on 3 August.

The 2009-10 season starts on 15 August, when ESPN will have live coverage of Everton v Arsenal, hosted by the former BBC presenter Ray Stubbs

Under the deal, Virgin Media's 3.5 million cable TV customers will gain free access to matches aired by ESPN during August on both its standard and high definition channels.

After that, subscribers to Virgin's XL TV channels package will get ESPN's new UK sports channel and its archive programming service, ESPN Classic, free. This is the same arrangement Virgin Media had with Setanta, the former holder of the Premier League and SPL rights that passed to ESPN after the Irish pay-TV broadcaster went into administration in late June. Subscribers to Virgin Media's M or L packages will be able to subscribe to ESPN's new sports channel for ?8 a month, if they already subscribe to any combination of the Sky Sports services, or ?10 a month if not.

Yesterday, ESPN announced that the sports channel's football coverage would be extended to include matches from the top-flight domestic competitions in Germany, Portugal, Russia and the Netherlands.

The US broadcaster has also secured the UK and Ireland rights to air the remainder of the Major Soccer League competition in the US, featuring David Beckham's LA Galaxy. The first matches from these overseas leagues will air on ESPN from 7 August.

...so assuming the deal is real and UFC moves to ESPN we'll be able to watch UFC PPVs in HD!

Excellent news and seems pretty reliable. To know I am now going to get UFC events for free and in HD makes me a bloody happy man. :P

I've just remembered about ESPN getting the Setanta Premier League package as well. I'll be getting my 2 favourite sports for free and in HD for the first time, awesome news.

If you are going to come on here and slam the UFC, please get your facts straight mate. London - Rampage vs Henderson for the first ever UFC/Pride unification title fight. I was there. Thankyou UFC. Newcastle - BJ Penn vs Joe Stevenson for the LW championship. I was there. Thankyou UFC.

Every card has been great fun to watch. We can't always get title fights, but how can you say we have not had a BIG main event?

Keep an eye out on all resources and you will see that the UFC has been keeping us up to speed. Hopefully the mods will make a UK tv audience sticky thread, because a gazillion have come up in the last 2 weeks, and all inform you where various sources have shown us that Dana and the rest are doing all they can.

I havent slammed **** all wat u chattin bout m8, I said a BIG BIG main event not BIG as u stated such as BJ v George or something like that just a massive super fight to win more fans!! sounds like u wanna deep throat dana to me m8 with ya "thank you ufc" wtf is that all about, u get ya ****** facts straight before runnin ya mouth

Good reply' date=' im with you all the way there mate.

Its all too easy for others to look at these posts and argue, but they are not in our shoes. The Uk audience are left in the dark and its just a little disconcerting for us. I wonder how the others would feel, with 10 days left, not being sure how, or even IF they will be able to watch. I watched ufc 100 steamed on my pc, on a freezing cold night on my tiny pc screen at 3am, and dont get me wrong, i bloody loved every minute, but its not the same as watching on my tv.

lastly, to stop me getting all mad like i did last time, i wont even bother checking where i can view it, until the friday b4 the fight.[/quote']

Well said boys im with you

i have to disagree

i cant remember which one exactly but they were actually going to make the headlining fight in one UK event Liddell vs Evans until chuck pulled his hamstring

they then did a no brainer and pulled the bisping card so it obviously did well

and you cant complain about UFC95 jesus christ lol' date=' knockout-fest for the ages[/quote']

I was @ 95 @ the o2 m8 and the card to look at was **** but ur right it was a knockout fest and was a brilliant night I just crave to see a super fight i aint slating the ufc like **** boy said said i was I love the sport and im passionate about it thats why I crave a super fight and ur right about the Bisping thing maybe im wrong, but I dont think i am lol :P

This is SUCH good news. I just got sky' date=' and now i get to see ESPN free on my tv package, so i can defo watch UFC, no matter what channel it gets contracted on.

http://www.mediaweek.co.uk/News/MostEmailed/923509/ESPN-secures-carriage-deal-Virgin-air-live-Premier-League-football/[/quote']

i missed the ufc 100 and have been following it for yrs !! i missed out cuzz setanta mucked up ... so is this true that ufc are now showing all there programmes on espn ??? only i,ve got xl packege on virgin media and the espn channel still says yr not subsribed ????

i missed the ufc 100 and have been following it for yrs !! i missed out cuzz setanta mucked up ... so is this true that ufc are now showing all there programmes on espn ??? only i' date='ve got xl packege on virgin media and the espn channel still says yr not subsribed ????[/quote']

Why didnt you watch UFC 100 on the UFC website with your Virgin broadband like everyone else?

I havent slammed **** all wat u chattin bout m8' date=' I said a BIG BIG main event not BIG as u stated such as BJ v George or something like that just a massive super fight to win more fans!! sounds like u wanna deep throat dana to me m8 with ya "thank you ufc" wtf is that all about, u get ya ****** facts straight before runnin ya mouth[/quote']

A gay joke. How very intelligent of you. My feelings aer so hurt.

How can you say that Pride champ vs UFC champ is not a "BIG BIG" main event? Considering only 2 of them have ever taken place, and we had one of them? How are those facts? Are they straight enough for you?

I'm confused about ESPN. It claims on my freeview box that I can subscribe to it, it's one of my listed channels. However, on the ESPN website they're claiming only Sky viewers can get it once it's launched on the 3rd. Does anyone have any answers regarding this?

I'm confused about ESPN. It claims on my freeview box that I can subscribe to it' date=' it's one of my listed channels. However, on the ESPN website they're claiming only Sky viewers can get it once it's launched on the 3rd. Does anyone have any answers regarding this?[/quote']

I don't buddy, but if you are subscribing just for UFC, hold on a few days until it's announced. They might pull out at the last minute, leaving you fooked.... If your doing it for the Prem either way, then I guess just call them?