Sign in to follow this  
polecat

UK TV info

The first month' date=' maybe 2 are free but only if you subscribe . Sky being Sky will probably wish to rip your eyes from the sockets by asking you to sign up for 20 years to get the free month!

Seriously though, you need to subscribe to get the free month/s, how long you have to remain subscribed after that and what it will cost, I would phone $ky and ask them before you commit. In short, if you want to see UFC 101 you need to sign up this week![/quote']

thanks will get onto it asap!

You made a post just like this freaking yesterday.......just reworded differently.

WHY CAN'T YOU JUST KEEP THIS TOPIC IN THE STICKY THREAD THAT WAS MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR ANY AND ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS????

or why not call your service provider, they would have a way better answer than a forum?

facepalm.jpg

You made a post just like this freaking yesterday.......just reworded differently.

WHY CAN'T YOU JUST KEEP THIS TOPIC IN THE STICKY THREAD THAT WAS MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR ANY AND ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS????

or why not call your service provider' date=' they would have a way better answer than a forum?

[img']http://holycrapthatsfunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/facepalm.jpg[/img]

Woooahhh, thats harsh, I laughed though!

Once you subcribe' date=' the first month is free.[/quote']

WHats free for a month ESPN? cuz I've just upgraded to this with SKY and have to pay a premium for this on my next bill.

Or UFC is free? does this mean even though I have now upgraded to view ESPN, I'm gonna have to pay for UFC live PPV events after August aswell?

I should change my user name to confused . com! lol

Cheers

WHats free for a month ESPN? cuz I've just upgraded to this with SKY and have to pay a premium for this on my next bill.

Or UFC is free? does this mean even though I have now upgraded to view ESPN' date=' I'm gonna have to pay for UFC live PPV events after August aswell?

I should change my user name to confused . com! lol

Cheers[/quote']

From what I've seen, SKY customers aren't getting this free month deal.

From what I've seen' date=' SKY customers aren't getting this free month deal.[/quote']

i have just upgraded with sky for ?12 per month. ?144 per year. i expect a show whether its TUF, UFC replays, Fight nights at least once a month or ill unsubscribe. **** this just forces dudes out. remember the days of ufc on bravo........:;)

Typical ! Ufc had a chance to bring us all the fights free on Virgin 1 or Bravo' date=' but yet again opt for the Sentanta type option.

I love Ufc but will not pay 9 pounds to watch it when im not intersested in the Football or any other thing on offer.

Yet again i will lose out. Sky sports is also an expensive option when you only want it for one thing.

IF UFC REALLY WANTED TO BRING IT TO THE MASSES WHY NOT MAKE IT AVAILABLE TO ALL.

Bravo and Virgin 1 have done really good jobs plugging cult stuff and its such a shame Ufc have got to big for the run of the mill fan. Befor someone says youy just tight, i already pay 30 pounds for sky and can not justify an extra 9 for Espn etc[/quote']

Mate - sorry, but you are being tight. I'm not interested in football either, but even if you subscribe just for the UFC, it's only ?9 a month... and for that we get the live $50 PPVs (sometimes 2 in 1 month), the Countdown shows, UFC unleashed, The Ultimate Fighter etc. And in HD. Plus - it's cheaper than the Setanta deal (?12.99).

It seems you can't please all the people all the time.... :(

whoops looks like i made a new thread oh well is still awesome news that virgin get espn for free on XL as we should for the price we pay for that package. downloading ufc 100 wasnt the same as watching it live on tv

Yeah, it's great for you guys with Virgin... and pretty good for us guys with Sky too - it's cheaper than Setanta was and there's the option of HD.

I bet there will be the same usual "it should be free" complaints though, lol...

you will always get that but i am glad we get it with the XL i mean we pay for everything so should get it i think sky should offer it as part of the sports pack too but sky are always after that extra money

with the ufc on espn now only sky customers can subscribe. i'm with chorusNTL and they have no plans to get espn. chorusNTL is the 2nd biggest digital provider in ireland with nearly half off all digital subscribers in the country.

when the ufc came to dublin dana siad it was one of the best shows ever. he even said they were considering a show every st. patricks day. whats the point if half the country cant watch it!

........really annoyed over it.

Guess you'll be changing carriers...

Oh and they might not be in Ireland on St. Paddy's Day. They are looking at Boston for St. Paddy's day...

oops, screwed again.

Can anyone tell us how to order espn in ireland i am a sky customer and i have rang up the phone number on sky channel 417 and they are not answering and i have tried to it on the internet but they said that my postcode is not valid.

I heard that in the UK if you have sky or virgin you get the first month free on ESPN. Which would mean i would be able to watch UFC 101. The channel launched today in the UK but it says i have to pay for it. I have sky so i presumed i would get it free. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks

ESPN is ?9 a month for Sky, ?12 a month if you dont have Sky Sports.

You have to sub to ESPN to watch UFC 101 and 102 and so on. ITS NOT FREE for sky. The 1 month free is for virgin cust only.

so if you on sky and want to watch 101 you have to sub to ESPN. 101 is now shown on the EPG on channel 417 (ESPN)

yeah virgin get the free month but if your on the XL pack dont worry as its free for you anyway just non XL will have to pay extra

Can anyone tell us how to order espn in ireland i am a sky customer and i have rang up the phone number on sky channel 417 and they are not answering and i have tried to it on the internet but they said that my postcode is not valid.

thats because you rang the uk number - if you check under phone numbers for sky themselves in the services screen of the on screen menu you will get the right number - and its 12 euro of the sky sports subscribersor 15 euro for the non sky sports subscribers on a 30 day rolling contract

I'm just wondering does anybody know if ESPN in the U.K will be free in August to watch UFC 101 & 102? Or do you have to subscribe to get the first month free?

I remember reading on a news post on the website about it being free for the first month for us viewers in the U.K & Eire, but people has been saying this is very misleading as viewers for Eire cannot get the channel on SKY etc..

why is it being advertised that ufc on espn uk is free for the whole august when its clearly not, ive got the full sky package including HD and when i go on the channel it tells me i need to subscribe

yes the ufc seem to have got it wrong when they said "everyone will be able to watch it free" i have just signed up tonight but was expecting it free for the 1st month all i got was ?5 off my bill for signing up online

if anyone else hasnt signed up yet i suggest you do it quickly it says it takes 48hours to turn on

i suppose this is sky customers punishment for laughing at virgin customers when they didnt get UFC 100 on virgin!!

why is it being advertised that ufc on espn uk is free for the whole august when its clearly not' date=' ive got the full sky package including HD and when i go on the channel it tells me i need to subscribe[/quote']

just what happened to me, when i was flicking through on sky, just phone up and talk with the person who ever is on the phone, and i gt a discount god knows why but i did, in the whole package you can get, footy from the premiership, ufc and other **** if ya wont, and its all in HD

just what happened to me' date=' when i was flicking through on sky, just phone up and talk with the person who ever is on the phone, and i gt a discount god knows why but i did, in the whole package you can get, footy from the premiership, ufc and other **** if ya wont, and its all in HD[/quote']

Sky are giving ?5 discount if you order by phone and mention the first month was offered free.

Sky are giving ?5 discount if you order by phone and mention the first month was offered free.

thats the one lool, its all worth it at the end of the day better than setanta, and plus we'll be able to watch ufc in propa HD for the first time ever, if you've got a t.v. capable if HD that is

Just ordered Sky+HD with Sky Sports Pack & ESPN. ?55 a month. I'd spend that in one night on beer, so it's bargain. CANNOT WAIT for the footy & UFC in Hi-Def on my 47 incher bad boy. Comaaawwnn..

People stop *****ing, the Yanks pay $50 for every PPV, on top of cable charges.

Just ordered Sky+HD with Sky Sports Pack & ESPN. ?55 a month. I'd spend that in one night on beer' date=' so it's bargain. CANNOT WAIT for the footy & UFC in Hi-Def on my 47 incher bad boy. Comaaawwnn..

People stop *****ing, the Yanks pay $50 for every PPV, on top of cable charges.[/quote']

sounds gooood :P id hate to break your bubble but i have a bigger plasma, and i had it built in on my wall

sounds gooood :P id hate to break your bubble but i have a bigger plasma' date=' and i had it built in on my wall[/quote']

Yeah, but I bet you can't get your dog to fetch ya a beer without bursting it. Huh!? Huh?

:confused:

sounds gooood :P id hate to break your bubble but i have a bigger plasma' date=' and i had it built in on my wall[/quote']

I hate to burst both your bubbles but UFC 101 wont be in full HD on ESPN, it will just be upscaled. Full HD broadcasting doesnt begin until 8th August.

You'll have to wait for ufc 102 for a full HD broadcast