Strikeforce Payouts

tool46ntwo

Since we've had a few threads asking about how much UFC fighters earn and I posted the earnings for UFC 98 and UFC 100, I just dug up this info on the latest official Strikeforce earnings and payouts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Cris Cyborg - $25,000 ($20,000 + $5,000) def. Gina Carano - $125,000

- Gegard Mousasi - $2,000 def. Renato "Babalu" Sobral - $75,000

- Gilbert Melendez - $50,000 def. Mitsuhiro Ishida - $30,000

- Fabricio Werdum - $50,000 ($25,000 + $25,000) def. Mike Kyle - $14,000

- Jay Hieron - $55,000 ($25,000 + $30,000 win) def. Jesse Taylor - $12,000

- Scott Lighty - $4,000 def. Mike Cook - $2,500

- Justin Wilcox - $5,000 ($2,500 + $2,500 win) def. David Douglas - $5,500

- James Terry - $6,000 ($3,000 + $3,000 win) def. Zak Bucia - $2,000

- Alex Trevino - $3,500 ($2,000 + $1,500 win) def. Isiah Hill - $2,000

13,976 was the official attendance at the HP Pavilion for a gross and net gate of $735,710 and $692,159.74, respectively.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All I can keep thinking about is Mousasi got robbed!

If you look at both organizations there wasn't much of a difference. The UFC pays a 1 to 1 win bonus where it looks like Strikeforce pays about a 1 to 3/4ths win bonus. This was there first card as the second in command and not everyone who fought were big payout fighters. Also this was the first time for Strikeforce to take a gamble with fight contracts. You promise a total payout to all the fighters of a million dollars and you only net $900,000 you are in the red. If Strikeforce continues to do things right you will or should see fighters pay increased.

Many UFC undercard fighters only make 4 to $5k for a fight so a thousand or so dollars off the UFC isn't bad. Everyone in Strikeforce including the fighters were taking a gamble. Let?s hope it will pan out for them because it also makes it better for UFC fans. Competition breeds excellence and I think the UFC needs to know they still aren't the only game in town. Obviously Affliction was the competition for the UFC before, and now it?s up to Strikeforce. Will the UFC be worried about Strikeforce? I don't really think so, but they want to keep their dope fiends hooked so maybe they increase the quality. I am one of the UFC dope fiends btw.

And yes I'm sure Mousasi was compensated in some other way, he wasn't a no named nobody fighter going into the event. But hell they could have said he was paid in food stamps, the flight from the Netherlands almost cost more then what they said he made.

i think its interesting that Carano got 125K she must have a good manager. as she has also been an American Gladiator and also been in the Comand and Conqure Game... plus she trains with Cotour. i was massively gutted she lost. ring rust is a bugger.

but i hope strike force continue to do well. as they have some good fighters, and its always good to see someone els fighting apart from the UFC... what do others think?

Archived