UFC 104 A Little Lackluster?

oxymoron5k

I have only been to one UFC event-Atlanta Rashad/Liddell.

Worst PPV card ever, they didnt even release the final card until a week before the event.

The next 2 PPV'S were booked with fights and the UFC website just has Chucxk and Rashad. To top it all off, Parsian withdrew from his fight.

It was a horrible 1st showing for Atlanta.

Eh, obviously the main event looks good, and the co-main event should be Stevenson/Fisher. Those seem to be the only good fights on here. But there are still some great fighters, just their opponents are...for the most part, to my knowledge, unheard of. "Rumble" Johnson is sure to put on a performance, it's interesting to see Sean Sherk, Okami/Sonnen does look good, and Bader and Kingsbury are on there, I think their alright.

Eh' date=' obviously the main event looks good, and the co-main event should be Stevenson/Fisher. Those seem to be the only good fights on here. But there are still some great fighters, just [b']their opponents are...for the most part, to my knowledge, unheard of[/b]. "Rumble" Johnson is sure to put on a performance, it's interesting to see Sean Sherk, Okami/Sonnen does look good, and Bader and Kingsbury are on there, I think their alright.

Most have fought multiple times in the UFC... Sherk does not deserve to be anywhere near the main card after his last perfomance, nevermind co-main event. Hopefully Bader gets subbed by Schafer, Rumble will have a hard time with Yoshida. Okami-Sonne should be an waesome fight. Joe Daddy- Fisher should be excellent too.

Lol i honestly think the card looks really good...? Lackluster? Come on man, not at all, you must be joking!?!?

Machida vs Shogun? (Speaks for itself, dont need to comment on this one lol)

Valesquez vs Rothwell? (although i was extremely pumped to see Carwin fight, Rothwell is a very exciting and expierenced fighter, this will be an awesome fight)

Stevenson vs Fisher? (Again, that is going to be a seriously fast paced and exciting technical bout, a really really good match up)

Johnson vs Yoshida? (Im very excited for this one, we will get to see how Johnson handles a higher level opponent, and he always fights exciting!)

Hardonk vs Barry? (If you like KO's... this fight should be top of your list.... I mean, two world class kickboxing KO artists going at it... Its going to be a stand up war man, there will definetly be a KO - i predict Barry Koing Hardonk, that dude has serious skills and power)

Okami vs Sonnen? (now this fight is right up there for me, im really looking forward to it, i rate both fighters highly, and we are going to see an awesome display of the ground game)

Bader vs Shafer? (again awesome match up, excited for this aswell... going to be a great fight)

Honestly, iv listed practically all the fights there, and they are all fights worth getting excited over!!! This card is actually looking to be the most well rounded card in terms of match ups between fighters. It really is looking to be a really exciting card. And not JUST the main event. The whole card looks great IMO. Really looking forward to it.

Don't get me wrong' date=' the ppv's this last year have definitely gotten better than the previous years..But would you guys agree that 104 lacks the high level fights the last 5 PPV's have had? Machida's and Fisher's fight's are the only ones i'm really excited about.[/quote']

personally imo.. theyve been putting up exciting cards since day 1.. and as for UFC 104.. there not done with it.. only 4 fights on the main card.. there gonna add on Cain velazquez vs Ben Rothwell.. and even without it it is a sick card.. for all you Knockout and slug em out fans.. you got Anthony Rumble Johnson for the first fight Anthony being one of the most exciting fighters to watch.. for all you Take em down GnP fans we got Sherk vs Gleison.. and for you hardcore MMA fans.. we got Stevenson vs Fisher.. and then a GREAT main event.. we get to see if Shogun is back to being hungry for a title and training like he used to be.. and we get to see Machidas talent in the cage once again.. GREAT CARD

Well then obviously they aren't making a name for themselves. I'm not saying I know who everyone is' date=' and if I don't your nobody, it's just I catch on to who's usually out there doing something that's worth watching[/quote']

So while most fans know who these fighters are, since you don't know them, they are nobodies?? You catch on to who's out there but you haven't seen Yoshida KTFO Koscheck? Schafer choke out Houston Alexander? Jorge Rivera fight on 8 UFC cards and in TUF4? Hardonk on 7 UFC cards?

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but while you might not've heard of these fighters, most are well known as they all had great moments in the Octagon, so you might want to patch up on your knowledge of UFC fighters..

This is a great card, period.

So while most fans know who these fighters are' date=' since you don't know them, they are nobodies?? You catch on to who's out there but you haven't seen Yoshida KTFO Koscheck? Schafer choke out Houston Alexander? Jorge Rivera fight on 8 UFC cards and in TUF4? Hardonk on 7 UFC cards?

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but while you might not've heard of these fighters, most are well known as they all had great moments in the Octagon, so you might want to patch up on your knowledge of UFC fighters..

This is a great card, period.[/quote']

No! You misread my post, though I did word it horribly. What I was saying was that I don't have the attitude that I do know everyone, and if i didn't know who you were, you were nobody. I DON'T have that attitude.

I try not to remember most Koscheck fights, even if he did get KTFO. I don't remember Houston's loss to Schafer, and I do know who Rivera is, and I relatively know who Hardonk is. It's just most of these guys aren't huge stars, or really stars at all. They may have their moments, but not as often as other people that kinda cement themselves into the minds of the public

No! You misread my post' date=' though I did word it horribly. What I was saying was that I don't have the attitude that I do know everyone, and if i didn't know who you were, you were nobody. I DON'T have that attitude.

I try not to remember most Koscheck fights, even if he did get KTFO. I don't remember Houston's loss to Schafer, and I do know who Rivera is, and I relatively know who Hardonk is. It's just most of these guys aren't huge stars, or really stars at all. They may have their moments, but not as often as other people that kinda cement themselves into the minds of the public[/quote']

Well I guess I did misread because that's what it looked like to me, sorry bout that.

edit: Holy crap, I just noticed I said Koscheck got KTFO by Yoshida, but it was the complete opposite..

Lol i honestly think the card looks really good...? Lackluster? Come on man' date=' not at all, you must be joking!?!?

[b']Machida vs Shogun?[/b] (Speaks for itself, dont need to comment on this one lol)

Valesquez vs Rothwell? (although i was extremely pumped to see Carwin fight, Rothwell is a very exciting and expierenced fighter, this will be an awesome fight)

Stevenson vs Fisher? (Again, that is going to be a seriously fast paced and exciting technical bout, a really really good match up)

Johnson vs Yoshida? (Im very excited for this one, we will get to see how Johnson handles a higher level opponent, and he always fights exciting!)

Hardonk vs Barry? (If you like KO's... this fight should be top of your list.... I mean, two world class kickboxing KO artists going at it... Its going to be a stand up war man, there will definetly be a KO - i predict Barry Koing Hardonk, that dude has serious skills and power)

Okami vs Sonnen? (now this fight is right up there for me, im really looking forward to it, i rate both fighters highly, and we are going to see an awesome display of the ground game)

Bader vs Shafer? (again awesome match up, excited for this aswell... going to be a great fight)

Honestly, iv listed practically all the fights there, and they are all fights worth getting excited over!!! This card is actually looking to be the most well rounded card in terms of match ups between fighters. It really is looking to be a really exciting card. And not JUST the main event. The whole card looks great IMO. Really looking forward to it.

+1

It only seems lackluster to the newer or casual fan of the sport because there are none of the usual posterboys or TUF fighters on the card (Joe Daddy and Bader aside) But it actualy looks like an awesome card to me. Machida/ Shogun and okami/Sonnen both have fight of the year potential and all the other fights should be good technical battles (Bader aside, not a big fan of another wrestler hold em down and hammer fist em)

Most have fought multiple times in the UFC... Sherk does not deserve to be anywhere near the main card after his last perfomance' date=' nevermind co-main event. Hopefully Bader gets subbed by Schafer, Rumble will have a hard time with Yoshida. Okami-Sonne should be an waesome fight. Joe Daddy- Fisher should be excellent too.[/quote']

agreed, I'm hopin they throw the cain velasquez in there as the co-main, I'm havin a hard time with the Sean sherk thing I mean I understand he was a champ and that he used to kick a** but he fought like an idiot his last 2 fights how is that worthy of a main card?

Archived