ufc 104 card is shocking!! in your eyes who should be fighting on it??

krismartin68

Why in the hell is Sean Sherk on the 104 main card or any main card for that matter? His last 2 fights consisted of him standing/or moving laterally in front of somebody and getting punched, a lot! How is that deserving of main card directly before the main event WTF?!! Does this bother anybody else? This guy needs to seriously alter his game plan, or go back to the way he used to fight...at least he won with that.

I realize somebodies gonna slam me for this, but I had to say it anyway, eff em.

Sean Sherk is boring. However, he is a known dude with a decent fanbase and some draw value.

I'm not sure if his opponent's have just been good or if he's getting crapier, either way I know he's been fighting stupid. Hopefully he'll realize he needs to go for the takedown. If he can't get it, he's probably screwed.

Why in the hell is Sean Sherk on the 104 main card or any main card for that matter? His last 2 fights consisted of him standing/or moving laterally in front of somebody and getting punched' date=' a lot! How is that deserving of main card directly before the main event WTF?!! Does this bother anybody else? This guy needs to seriously alter his game plan, or go back to the way he used to fight...at least he won with that.

I realize somebodies gonna slam me for this, but I had to say it anyway, eff em.[/quote']

bull**** should be called out like this thanks for posting

Sean Sherk is boring. However' date=' he is a known dude with a decent fanbase and some draw value.

I'm not sure if his opponent's have just been good or if he's getting crapier, either way I know he's been fighting stupid. Hopefully he'll realize he needs to go for the takedown. If he can't get it, he's probably screwed.[/quote']

I disagree that Sherk is boring, he's a "cardio machine" and keeps the pace of the match moving generally, he's fast with his strikes, and if they connect, IF, then yeah. Sean Sherk vs Clay Guida would be good, I will agree with him fighting crappier though, it's like he goes in there and throws megafast bombs and does not care if they land or not.

I disagree that Sherk is boring' date=' he's a "cardio machine" and keeps the pace of the match moving generally, he's fast with his strikes, and if they connect, IF, then yeah. Sean Sherk vs Clay Guida would be good, I will agree with him fighting crappier though, it's like he goes in there and throws megafast bombs and does not care if they land or not.[/quote']

sherk is a drug cheat and should of been kicked out of the ufc the moment he was found guilty. the same goes for bonner, irvin, franca. any fighter using steroids is a disgrace and brings dishonour to the sport of mma

I agree - if MMA wants to be considered a legitimate sport then these guys need to be treated like legitimate athletes and this means long ban for doping. The problem with Sherk is that White claims that he doesn't believe that he was on nandrolone and that his +ve test was because he is a physical freak. I have to say that this is one aspect of the game which I really hate - Shamrock and Royce let themselves and their fans down recently as did the current fighters you mention and who doesn't believe that Kerr, Coleman and Randleman were on 'roids in their prime (and maybe now?)?

sherk is a drug cheat and should of been kicked out of the ufc the moment he was found guilty. the same goes for bonner' date=' irvin, franca. any fighter using steroids is a disgrace and brings dishonour to the sport of mma[/quote']

I may have agreed with you at the time this happened, but so much has come to light about how poorly run the CSAC was and their drug testing policy that as soon as the new Commission came in there, the very first thing they did was cancel the drug testing program and rebuild it. The entitre drug testing methods used by the CSAC have been found to be in a complete mess...

I'd rather see the Okami vs. Sonnen fight.

Me too. I'd take out anyone on that card except Machida-Shogun and I'd be okay with it. However, I'd likely trade the Sherk fight for any of those first.

The guy doesn't put on a boring fight, but I'm kind of sick of him thinking his boxing alone will win him fights. I kinda think it's time for him to go on the undercard personally, but it likely won't happen and I understand why.

BADER IN THE UNDERCARD?????? :confused:

Fair enough, Machida and shogun and stevenson and fisher...but what the hell is the rest of the card all about? Tell me? whoever is paying a ticket for that needs their **** kicked, cos your only paying for those two fights! well in my eyes anyway...

Like Atreu said' date=' Machida vs. Rua is enough by itself. The rest of the card is solid, too- two fights no one else has mentioned yet that I'm excited about are Johnson vs. Yoshida and Yushin Okami's return against Chael Sonnen.[/quote']

Strange, I also find those two fights the most interesting after M vs S, should be a really great card. I can hardly wait.

Like Atreu said' date=' Machida vs. Rua is enough by itself. The rest of the card is solid, too- two fights no one else has mentioned yet that I'm excited about are Johnson vs. Yoshida and Yushin Okami's return against Chael Sonnen.[/quote']

Exactly; Johnson/Yoshida will be a big test. One of them will jump way up the rankings after this fight.

That looks like a great card to me. Machida vs Shogun would be enough for me to get it on pay per view. There are some other really good looking fights on that card too. Any event with a title fight in it is plenty of reason to see it. The only time I get dissapointed with a card is when there are no title fights.

Lol are you mad? Shocking...? Unless your a new fan, and dont know the fighters... That is the only way i can imagine you would think it was a shocking card. This card is awesome!!! Seriously!!!! And not JUST because of the main event. It is an all round solid card, infact i would go as far to say it is a stacked card, from top to bottom. A couple of the prelims i feel should be on the main card. But going by the main card.. im predicting alot of early finishes to the fights, so i can see a few of the prelims being shown to compensate for time!!!

Seriously man, you should be looking forward to this card, and if you dont buy the PPV you are most definately going to be missing out.. Guarenteed.

sherk is in the dwinding days f his career, but still has some draw value, and if he decides to go for takedowns, will probably bet anyone at lightweight except BJ. this is similar to chuck liddell's last couple fights. he has huge draw value, but he was getting beat, badly. fighters get old, still hve some hype around them, but cant perform like they used to. its the nature of the sport

How many times has he fought in the last 2 years (and been aired)?

9 fights in the UFC in the last 2 years, I have no idea how many were aired, do you only follow fighters who's fights are aired? Gleisen is a very well known member of ATT. NYG1 would be very upset with you for not knowing who he is!! ;)

After Frankie Edgar dismanteld him I believe Sherk will change game plans..Still I would almost rather pay extra to not see this guy fight. Does anybody know his oppenent? I've never seen him fight and there's not to much hype on him...I'll have to research him a little.

+1

Nothing personal though.

sherk is in the dwinding days f his career' date=' but still has some draw value, and if he decides to go for takedowns, will probably bet anyone at lightweight except BJ. this is similar to chuck liddell's last couple fights. he has huge draw value, but he was getting beat, badly. [b']fighters get old, still hve some hype around them, but cant perform like they used to. its the nature of the sport[/b]

unless, of course, your name is randy couture.

Why in the hell is Sean Sherk on the 104 main card or any main card for that matter? His last 2 fights consisted of him standing/or moving laterally in front of somebody and getting punched' date=' a lot! How is that deserving of main card directly before the main event WTF?!! Does this bother anybody else? This guy needs to seriously alter his game plan, or go back to the way he used to fight...at least he won with that.

I realize somebodies gonna slam me for this, but I had to say it anyway, eff em.[/quote']

they have yet to add the co main event.. so you can relax lol.. and Sherk is/was a great fighter.. and is a big name.. so hes deserving of the main card.. however not the co main event.. but like i said they have yet to add it..

unless' date=' of course, your name is randy couture.[/quote']

yeah man seriously.. Randy is a machine.. people start going down in combat sports at ied say maybe 36.. depending on the person.. Randy on the other hand i think will be going down in his 50's!!!!!!! lmao.. the guy will pass away for old age maybe late in his 200's.. Randy vs Lesnar just impressed the hell out of me.. not as if randy hadnt impressed us before but dam.. i dont know what the judges scored it but i gave Randy that 1st round by a landslide..

Nothing personal though, but it doesn't seem like a great way to help promote a title fight. There are better fights on the undercard that would be more interesting. Wouldn't you want an up-and-comer, if not a current contender on the main card?

I would rather see Bader or Rivera on the main card. Bader in particular.

9 fights in the UFC in the last 2 years' date=' I have no idea how many were aired, do you only follow fighters who's fights are aired? Gleisen is a very well known member of ATT. NYG1 would be very upset with you for not knowing who he is!! ;)[/quote']

Do I only watch fights that are aired? ....Ya?

I have a feeling im not the only guy who hasnt seen or heard much of this guy..Im sure he is a decent opponent though.

FFS, all the fights on the main card shud be flipped with thoes on the undercard!

Antoni Hardonk Vs. Pat Barry------shud be a great kickboxing match

Yushin Okami Vs. Chael Sonnen--------Okami is great to watch

Ryan Bader Vs. Eric Schafer----------this fight will be great to watch.

Why the F u c k is Sean Sherk Vs. Gleison Tibau on the main card?? even worse...kinda co-main event

Hope some ppl get injured leading up to 104!

its sad they seem to be just relying on Lyoto Machida Vs. Mauricio Rua to hold the main card up.

yeah man seriously.. Randy is a machine.. people start going down in combat sports at ied say maybe 36.. depending on the person.. Randy on the other hand i think will be going down in his 50's!!!!!!! lmao.. the guy will pass away for old age maybe late in his 200's.. Randy vs Lesnar just impressed the hell out of me.. not as if randy hadnt impressed us before but dam.. i dont know what the judges scored it but i gave Randy that 1st round by a landslide..

I give all the rounds to Randy! If it went to the scorecard Brock would be back to the WWE by now. It was just a lucky punch that turned the match around in favor of Brock. Oh heck...

Archived