Who Thinks Florian could beat Penn ?

Calabretta_GSP

I was watching there fight from 101 again and i saw that the first two rounds florian was controlling but right when it went to the ground it was all bj I think if florian could get better at his striking and his bjj' date=' he could beat penn[/quote']

i dont know what fight you watched but he was dominated by bj. he did not even fight back or have a back up plan. he might as well of thrown the towel in from what i was watching. lets hope diego puts up a better fight and wins.

I was watching there fight from 101 again and i saw that the first two rounds florian was controlling but right when it went to the ground it was all bj I think if florian could get better at his striking and his bjj' date=' he could beat penn[/quote']

The only person who thought Florian could beat Penn was Florian. IMO BJ won the first 3 rounds and would have gone on to e decision victory if Florian hadn't offered him the RNC in the 4th.

The only person who thought Florian could beat Penn was Florian. IMO BJ won the first 3 rounds and would have gone on to e decision victory if Florian hadn't offered him the RNC in the 4th.

Not true...the OP thinks that Florian was gonna win too. =P

Ok, I really didnt pay attention to this fight as much as I should have, but from what I saw, Ken-Flo was bein a sissy and trying to lean on BJ. I dont get it, Kenny is soo much better than that.

Anyway, no. Even if he had the entire U.S. Military behind him, BJ was unstoppable that fight. Nothing was going to stop him. In a year, ya I can see Kenny winning, when BJ gets lazy again.

Don't mean to be ignorant but I'm not sure what you mean. Can you repost so that even a mental midget such as myself can understand. Thanks.

It basically means that beside Kenny thinking he was going to win, the OP (original poster) thinks so too. Got it now?

... Florian has no power ... no upper body strength, he wanted no part of standing w/ Penn & he didn't have the strength to neutralize BJ on the ground, he was hesitant to kick fearing he would be taken down . Look at the way he pounded-out Lauzon ... he throws punches like a girl . He even looks a bit frail ... Florian was not competitive in the Penn bout & he was crying on the way to the dressing-room w/ no post-fight interview ... if you can't beat the best, you can't be the best ..... & Samurai's don't cry !

Uhhh, leaning against a guy on the fence and getting punched in the (rather large) nose when he wasn't is not considered controlling the fight, sorry.

If they fought 100 times it would end the same way 99 times, the 100th would have the fight stopped from Florian bleeding buckets from his (rather large) nose aftyer BJ broke it with a punch.

Uhhh' date=' leaning against a guy on the fence and getting punched in the (rather large) nose when he wasn't is not considered controlling the fight, sorry.

If they fought 100 times it would end the same way 99 times, the 100th would have the fight stopped from Florian bleeding buckets from his (rather large) nose aftyer BJ broke it with a punch.[/quote']

This, I don't think judges give points for hugging against the cage. Its just a case of the second best LW fighting the best LW.

Kenny was in no way ever winning that fight. He leaned on BJ and BJ let him do so because kenny was using so much energy while doing that and BJ was resting. BJ could have at anytime taken Kenny down but wanted to knock him out. You can if you wanted to watch the fight and pick out the exact moment where BJ said, "Screw it I'm submitting him" because 5 seconds later the fight was on the ground and then it was over.

I was watching there fight from 101 again and i saw that the first two rounds florian was controlling but right when it went to the ground it was all bj I think if florian could get better at his striking and his bjj' date=' he could beat penn[/b']

obviously if florian were better he would probably win... the fact is hes not better...

and wow that was the trickiest way to sneak in the arm... i laughed when i saw the heel kicks.. was thinking dammit BJ is gonna lose the hooks doing that.. 3 seconds later the tap out..

BJ has been using those heel kicks for a while now. Sometimes they actually do lose him the back mount....ie..Penn Uno II.

Either way its classic and I loved it. No way Florian will ever beat Penn.

he could beat him and people that say he wasnt controlling the first couple rounds are way off bj was landing shots but kenny was showing us the definition of octogon control controlling where the fight took place but as soon as they went down it was done in a rematch could he beat him yes would he now thats a different question

I'm not arguing your points, just the fact that you have a picture of Norifumi "Hack" Yamamoto as our avatar. I just wanted to direct you to a video of Mike Zambidis telling "Kid", how it is......

Yamamoto, lol.

Please see this. We witness one of the best KOs in K1 ever at :41.

On a side not, there's no way in hell Florian would beat Penn. What idiot posts a thread like this so shortly after we witnessed the answer to this question? Come up with something original. Penn schooled Kenny, and would do so repeatedly until he decided he'd had enough fun. Kenny Florian, lol.

he could beat him and people that say he wasnt controlling the first couple rounds are way off bj was landing shots but kenny was showing us the definition of octogon control controlling where the fight took place but as soon as they went down it was done in a rematch could he beat him yes would he now thats a different question

Yea kenny had octagon control but only cuz BJ allowed him to. You can actually see when BJ said fu ck it im taking you down and ending fight.

"He looked really good on the mitts tonight"-------------- BJ Penn on KenFlow

F'n FUNNY!

Kenny came out with a plan that obviously did not work and chose to stick with it. His kicks were too obvious. He should have setup his takedowns with more conbinations. He spent way too much time against the cage where BJ was confortable.

It was said many times before the fight that Kenny couldn't really beat BJ anywhere, except in point striking. Even then he never made good use of his reach advantage.

Huh?

didnt sanchez beat the snot outta kenny once already?

Yes he did, but that was 4 years ago and the fight was at 185.

But if their recent fights are any indication of their skill, i have to think the outcome would be the same, just slightly less one sided.

I also believe that anyone at any given time has the potential to beat anyone else. Clay Guida could beat Cain Velasquez if the conditions were right (i.e. Cain has pnemonia, etc.)

Forrest could've beaten Anderson if Anderson was having a bad day, and Forrest had a better plan. The same could be said for Lyoto vs Bonnar, GSP vs Serra one, hell, any fight could've gone either way in any fight, ever.

Say Royce got punched really hard in the temple by a good boxer with hard knuckles in his early days. It could've ended there.

My point being, Florian could've won that fight, he could've come away with a decision if the fight got to the end of the 5th round. Diego can also beat BJ, and this observer believes it to be more of a possibility than some.

I do think Florian could beat BJ. I don't really know what the hell he was doing at 101... because he (Florian) fought like an idiot and tried to wrestle, like GSP did, rather then staying outside with his kicks and reach. Kenny's game plan was crap on that fight. He is too small to fight the way GSP fought and i don't know what he was thinking.

He did win at least 2 rounds though. It was boring, but he won at least two rounds on octagon control and dominant position. Maybe he just planned to out point Penn and take a boring win?? ... which was still a bad game plan because he is smaller then Penn and wouldn't be able to tire Penn out.. instead he tired himself out. Sigh...such a dumb gameplan..

But ya.. if kenny used his strengths rather then trying to copy GSP's game... he could pull a win. Would be a tough fight, but he could do it.

I do think Florian could beat BJ. I don't really know what the hell he was doing at 101... because he (Florian) fought like an idiot and tried to wrestle' date=' like GSP did, rather then staying outside with his kicks and reach. Kenny's game plan was crap on that fight. He is too small to fight the way GSP fought and i don't know what he was thinking.

He did win at least 2 rounds though. It was boring, but he won at least two rounds on octagon control and dominant position. Maybe he just planned to out point Penn and take a boring win?? ... which was still a bad game plan because he is smaller then Penn and wouldn't be able to tire Penn out.. instead he tired himself out. Sigh...such a dumb gameplan..

But ya.. if kenny used his strengths rather then trying to copy GSP's game... he could pull a win. Would be a tough fight, but he could do it.[/quote']

Florians game plan sucked I agree, but his stand up was no where near the level of BJ's either and we all saw what happened when it went to the ground. He isn't and will never be the calibur of BJ Penn.

Archived