This time next year, what titles will have changed hands?

ruuddawg

in my eyes......nothing will change

Heavyweight - Brock Lesnar

Light-Heavyweight - Lyoto Machida

Middleweight - Anderson Silva

Welterweight - Gsp

Lightweight - Bj Penn

i dont think it will change because if you look at those fighters, all five of them are the most dominant fighters in the ufc at their weight. Brock wont lose, Lyoto is too good (unless A. Silva changes his mind and gets the chance to fight him). And the only way A. Silva will lose his belt is if he gives it up, which wont happen. Gsp will still be unstoppable and there is a few challengers foe the lightweight title but i cant see them getting through Bj.

The only wildcard out of the bunch (for me) is Lesnar. Without his chin really being tested, I would have to say he has more probability to lose his belt than anyone.

The champs that represent the UFC is the best group I think I have ever seen in the UFC's existence. Everyone of them define what I would expect in a champion.

Great time to be a fan.

If any of these are goin to change hands, I would say BJ's. Maybe not to Diego, but someone could take the fight out of BJ. His is most likely, but I dont see it happening.

If Lyoto ever fights A. Silva, Machida would remain the champ. His style would be too hard for him to penatrate. Even though they train together, giving both of them a wicked advantage. It would be a boring fight I think though.

Eh, I don't see much competition in the HW division for Brock, not right now. I can't really say about Machida yet, everyone talks him up so much, yet we havn't seen a whole lot out of him, not against big stars. Silva doesn't even know what he's doing with his life, so neither do I. GSP will most likely hold on, hopefully he doesn't have another fluke match like he did with Serra. And BJ is bound to be on his way out.

BROCK wont lose he is to strong and big AND good for the HW. carwin wont come close i guarantee it. MACHIDA no chance of losing UNLESS silva fights him and silva would make sure tht the fight is not boring. SILVA wont lose to anyone in MW for the rest of his career GSP wont lose his belt period. he is only 28 yrs old. he will dominate for a long long time. and there wont be another flop fight like the serra one. as for BJ... he will not have it by this time next yr. i actually c him losing to diego.

BROCK wont lose he is to strong and big AND good for the HW. carwin wont come close i guarantee it. MACHIDA no chance of losing UNLESS silva fights him and silva would make sure tht the fight is not boring. SILVA wont lose to anyone in MW for the rest of his career GSP wont lose his belt period. he is only 28 yrs old. he will dominate for a long long time. and there wont be another flop fight like the serra one. as for BJ... he will not have it by this time next yr. i actually c him losing to diego.

Sanchez taking the belt from BJ? The same Sanchez who couldnt finish a fight in LW? Theres no area that Sanchez is better than BJ.

Its hard to actually see the belts changing hands. All of the current chamipons are dominant ones. Lesnar his biggest challenge in Carwin now, so I could see a possible new champion on HW.

Machida also has a difficult fight on Shogun, but I see him winning this one.

BROCK wont lose he is to strong and big AND good for the HW.

Carwin is about the same size

he seems to have more punching power

he trains with Olympic strength and conditioning coaches

he has won by arm bar, guillotine and rear naked choke.

hes got better stand up and also comes from a wrestling background, he has more experience as well and a better camp, better training partners and better coaches.

i think Carwin will beat Brock but i doubt much else will change

HW - Lesnar, unfortunately

LHW - Could Change, Rampage has a puncher's chance

MW - Could Change (Silva could get bored, end up getting caught with something)

WW - Could Change, don't ask me who though.

LW - I think will definitely change in the next 12 months.

wow this is why i love this forum. cause i disagree with everything you just said. carwin is stronger than brock with an equal wrestling pedigree and better hands. The Silva fight would be boring because he doesn't wanna fight Machida in the first place and John Jones will beat Machida in two years. And tell me one aspect of the game that Sachez is better than BJ at?? YEAH EXACTLY

You forgot to say GSP was going to loose his belt and to whom. Now that would have been disagreeing with everything, :P

i think Carwins overated just a little. You will see a different Carwin than we've seen when he faces Brock. Brock is a different kind of animal. Its going to take something or someone special to beat this guy. Im not saying it cant be done, but if it does, it will be a flash k.o.

As for the light-heavyweight title situation, theres is nobody in that roster that could figure out Machida. The only person who would come close is Anderson Silva, if it ever happens.

Middleweight, loads of contenders and potential. But not one of them gets near silva. You seen what happend to Henderson and he is Anderson Silvas main threat, then you can add in franklin, marquardt, maia etc..

welterweight....Gsp wont be beat. If he does it will be by Thiago Alves. But he has tried but couldnt do it.

Lightweight, i change my views with this, i think Bj can be beaten. Someone needs to give him their best for 3 - 4 rounds and i think he'll buckle. But thats just my opinion. But when you look at the lightweight division theres nobody that stands out that says they could beat Bj penn

Sanchez taking the belt from BJ? The same Sanchez who couldnt finish a fight in LW? Theres no area that Sanchez is better than BJ.

Its hard to actually see the belts changing hands. All of the current chamipons are dominant ones. Lesnar his biggest challenge in Carwin now' date=' so I could see a possible new champion on HW.

Machida also has a difficult fight on Shogun, but I see him winning this one.[/quote']

The only dominant champs are GSP, Silva and B.J. (and I can't make up my mind whether he is hitting his prime by training better or due to step out of it soon). To be dominant you need to have a few title defenses. Machida is a great talent and may not be beaten for a while, but until he runs of a string of 3 or so defenses you can't call him dominant... yet. Same with Brock... yet.

I don't predict anyone losing their belts soon either, but lets let not forget how unpredictable this sport is. Only takes a wrong move for one second to lose a fight. Should be good matchups throught the rest of the year though.

Archived