Would you like to see BJ Penn vs GSP III ?

team_uk

Yeah i would like to see GSP vs BJ a 3rd time Thought i think GSP's all around game is better and he would use that and open BJ up with his wrestling for the strikes like he usually does. It be a very competitive fight tho and should take place at a catch weight instead of for the title like at a weight between 160-165 so both men could be at tip shap and not wore down from to much weight cutting or not enough of it. Then i believe BJ would have a better chance to work his boxing and trips to open pierre up for a 'sub' but i would still have to give it to GSP simply because he's that good at everything sub's,wrestling,striking,and being in shape just everything

I don't think BJ would be competitve with GSP at 170 unless he had time to properly put the weight on. I think you lose a lot of conditioning when you try to pack on a lot of weight in a short period of time, hence the outcome from the previous fight, BJ getting outclassed.

I would agree more with the previous poster about fighting at a catch weight so that both fighters could be at peak physical condition

I don't think BJ would be competitve with GSP at 170 unless he had time to properly put the weight on. I think you lose a lot of conditioning when you try to pack on a lot of weight in a short period of time' date=' hence the outcome from the previous fight, BJ getting outclassed.

I would agree more with the previous poster about fighting at a catch weight so that both fighters could be at peak physical condition[/quote']

Ok, so I agree that BJ's conditioning is better at 155, so maybe you are right, he would have lost cardio from having the extra weight.

But a catch-weight bout? Honestly BJ could not do anything to stop GSP's takedowns... that will be even harder for him to do if he walking in at say 160. Besides GSP proved he could beat BJ, and that's that, I feel it would be better to just rule out that 3. fight

Who cares about this fight, well maybe BJ, but this fight is NEVER going to happen, if the UFC was desparate enough to match these guys up again, GSP would walk right through BJ for a 3rd time.... BJ needs to stay at 155 and focus on his own division. Dana has said it many times, he has no interest in a 3rd fight....

i don't really want to see it but another fight could be different. if bj keeps up his training with marv, he could probably do much better. i still think he has the best skills to beat gsp, except his cardio and other things kept bj from winning. bj is definitely going back to ww whether or not gsp is there though. he wants to hold simultaneous belts and prove he is one of the best fighters to ever live ( and hold it over gsp that he did)

I would like to see them fight again. I almost think Bj would be better off fighting GSP at 155 while GSP stays at 170

+1. He looks much better at 155, even if he is a little smaller.

IDK if i'd want to see this again or not. I love BJ, but GSP is just too strong for him. I know technique will almost always beat strength, but in the UFC everyone has good technique, and GSP has great technique + strength. Not a good equation for Penn. I def think he could compete in WW, but I would like to see a fight with Swick or someone of that caliber first just so he can convice everyone he can compete at that weight and should get one last shot.

I'd definitely watch it either way, as will 99% of the UFC fans, so I do see this fight happening if GSP desides to not pack on the weight for Silva. He can't do both...

I would like to see them fight again. I almost think Bj would be better off fighting GSP at 155 while GSP stays at 170

I think when BJ has to cut weight makes him more focused and also changes his training habits for the better. When he doesn't have to cut weight he doesn't have to change his diet or his training methods

you know i had a feeling tht some one would brng up another gsp and penn fight.

only bcuz penn goes nd beats some one else easly it dnt mean he now is rdy for gsp again. it just means bj got better.

but he will always b a few steps behind gsp. GSP is tooo good for penn. it would be like theyre 2nd fight.. but this one gsp wins TKO 3rd or 4th.

GSP would just destroy bj again.. no lie

Lets get this damn SILVA vs GSP fight!!!!!!!! i would pay a million bucks for tht!

i would lvoe to see it again since bj looks like he could stay with gsp for 5 rounds but i still think my boy gsp would take the win

i think bj conditioning is Great now.. but still he will be worked and tested by gsp. so he should really do his hw b4 steping up to fight gsp again. GSP is just toooo good. I love tht guy lol

after watching the second fight i cant believe this would ever be considered. bj did nothing in that fight. its not like the first which was a close decision. gsp was a very different fighter in the first fight. it was obvious how much better got in between the two fights. bj got beat as bad as you can be beat without getting knocked out. that was an extremely brutal beating and it humbled a very ****y super confident guy. when great fighters lose they get better history shows that. but he will never be strong enough or increase his skills enough to compete with gsp.

b.j. may not be quite up to GSP's level at WW, but he could compete with the other 95%. its amazing how quickly people forget he's held that belt before. to say he has no business being there is an f-ing joke. ask matt hughes if he he can fight at that weight. donimant LW, def above average WW, and Lyoto might be all for giving BJ some compliments for his fight at HW. If you can take Machida to a draw as a HW, you can strongly compete in WW regardless of whether he can take the belt or not

b.j. may not be quite up to GSP's level at WW' date=' but he could compete with the other 95%. its amazing how quickly people forget he's held that belt before. to say he has no business being there is an f-ing joke. ask matt hughes if he he can fight at that weight. donimant LW, def above average WW, and Lyoto might be all for giving BJ some compliments for his fight at HW. If you can take Machida to a draw as a HW, you can strongly compete in WW regardless of whether he can take the belt or not[/quote']

+1 very true

i personally think its just a matter of time before this fight happens' date=' as it will bring in mega bucks for the ufc!

I think this is more likely to happen than GSP vs Silva!

would you like to see this to happen? if so when?[/quote']

i would deff. not want to see this.. we know Bj CANT beat GSP.. he just cant.. GSP is not only an overall better fighter.. hes a way bigger/stronger fighter.. with better cardio.. GSP has everything over Bj.. its 2-0.. rematch wont happen..

b.j. may not be quite up to GSP's level at WW' date=' but he could compete with the other 95%. its amazing how quickly people forget he's held that belt before. to say he has no business being there is an f-ing joke. ask matt hughes if he he can fight at that weight. donimant LW, def above average WW, and Lyoto might be all for giving BJ some compliments for his fight at HW. If you can take Machida to a draw as a HW, you can strongly compete in WW regardless of whether he can take the belt or not[/quote']

first off they did not fight at HW.. you really think BJ can get up to 205+.... he would look like a sumo wrestler.. no it was open weight.. second off it was NOT a draw.. BJ lost the fight against Machida.. just clearing that up

I dont see the need, for Penn is not in his league.

They both should just stay in thier respected divisions and continue to dominate.

Although I would not mind seeing GSP kicking Penn's **** one more time.

I lost a lot of respect for Penn after this fight because of his Grease gate and then accusing GSP of steriods. Take your losses like a man BJ.

I dont see the need' date=' for Penn is not in his league.

They both should just stay in thier respected divisions and continue to dominate.

Although I would not mind seeing GSP kicking Penn's **** one more time.

I lost a lot of respect for Penn after this fight because of his Grease gate and then accusing GSP of steriods. Take your losses like a man BJ.[/quote']

GSP chomps on HGH and you know it. Penn is legend - to say that he's not in GSP's class is a joke. GSP has a few more years to go before he's considered in Penn's league.

I don't think BJ would be competitve with GSP at 170 unless he had time to properly put the weight on. I think you lose a lot of conditioning when you try to pack on a lot of weight in a short period of time' date=' hence the outcome from the previous fight, BJ getting outclassed.

I would agree more with the previous poster about fighting at a catch weight so that both fighters could be at peak physical condition[/quote']

GSP has nothing to gain with another fight against BJ. He proved his point in the last fight and it's BJ that wont let it die. If that's what BJ needs to motivate him then keep dreaming, but that fight makes no sense for either fighter.

GSP has nothing to gain with another fight against BJ. He proved his point in the last fight and it's BJ that wont let it die. If that's what BJ needs to motivate him then keep dreaming' date=' but that fight makes no sense for either fighter.[/quote']

Agreed, at this point it makes no sense. Both will continue to dominate their resective divisions for at least the next year I assume, at which point we may see Penn/GSP 3 talk.

GSP chomps on HGH and you know it. Penn is legend - to say that he's not in GSP's class is a joke. GSP has a few more years to go before he's considered in Penn's league.

I agree. Watch this video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMMcHnMjnI0

THIS IS THE TRUTH. GSP is a great wrestler and all, but he definetely had to cheat to win in that fight. First fight was very much valid though. I believe that if he can beat BJ again with no cheating involved, he is legit as being pretty good.

I agree. Watch this video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMMcHnMjnI0

THIS IS THE TRUTH. GSP is a great wrestler and all' date=' but he definetely had to cheat to win in that fight. First fight was very much valid though. I believe that if he can beat BJ again with no cheating involved, he is legit as being pretty good.[/quote']

Helluva video kid, nicely posted.

I'm so sick of this thread topic.........LET IT GO PEOPLE!!!!

BJ is a great fighter (my favorite BTW) but GSP in just a little bit better. Since GSPs loss to Serra he has been unstoppable. The guy is a freak of nature and the best pure athlete in the world IMO. There is no shame in losing to that. BJ does have the talent to give GSP a war of a fight, but even if he trained like never before, I just don't see BJ beating GSP now. GSP is just naturally bigger, stronger, faster and trains harder. It would be great to see that war that we could have seen in GSP/Penn 2 but it would still be a loss for my boy BJ IMHO

I liked both fighters equally until i looked into the greasing further,

This fight is a must BJ did not get a fair fight and i don't think people care to consider that, cause they just think he's crying which is bs! if you watch any greasegate video on youtube you can see the truth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3z8u9hQQss. If anyone really cares try to find out more just find dana's ufc 94 blog, (i cant find any of dana's blogs anymore for whatever reason) DANA flips out with Rashad Evans and others cause they see the gsp is greasing half way through the fight, Dana immediately runs to the commission and protests! why do u think soo many nevada state commission guys are in gsp's corner, over 5 fighters have complained about gsp's greasing from Sean Sherk, Matt Hughes, bj penn, jon fitch 5 is in the video, all said he was slippery, i watched the Nevada state commissions interrogation of the corner man for gsp, it was a joke, he would not even answer the ****ing questions asked to him by the commission, it was playing coy, stupid, and being a politician.

Fact 1, There is no rubber guard, and few submissions off the back that can be pulled of with a opponent with vasaline all over his shoulders, and back

fact 2 (as can be seen in the video), gsp used bj's shorts to take him down,

fact 3 (as can be seen in the video) gsp constantly hits bj in the back of the head!

Whether bj can beat him or not, bj penn deserves another shot At him

I liked both fighters equally until i looked into the greasing further' date='

This fight is a must BJ did not get a fair fight and i don't think people care to consider that, cause they just think he's crying which is bs! if you watch any greasegate video on youtube you can see the truth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3z8u9hQQss. If anyone really cares try to find out more just find dana's ufc 94 blog, (i cant find any of dana's blogs anymore for whatever reason) DANA flips out with Rashad Evans and others cause they see the gsp is greasing half way through the fight, Dana immediately runs to the commission and protests! why do u think soo many nevada state commission guys are in gsp's corner, over 5 fighters have complained about gsp's greasing from Sean Sherk, Matt Hughes, bj penn, jon fitch 5 is in the video, all said he was slippery, i watched the Nevada state commissions interrogation of the corner man for gsp, it was a joke, he would not even answer the ****ing questions asked to him by the commission, it was playing coy, stupid, and being a politician.

Fact 1, There is no rubber guard, and few submissions off the back that can be pulled of with a opponent with vasaline all over his shoulders, and back

fact 2 (as can be seen in the video), gsp used bj's shorts to take him down,

fact 3 (as can be seen in the video) gsp constantly hits bj in the back of the head!

Whether bj can beat him or not, bj penn deserves another shot At him[/quote']

You sir have spent entirely too much time researching this trash, I would suggest armed with this knowledge you now have, try actually watching the fight. People making assumptions on heresay and clips are not dealing with the whole truth. It was and would be in the future a total domination by GSP and the vasoline has no bearing on the outcome whatsoever.

I never said bj could win a 3rd match, gsp got passed his guard, took him down at will, held him down, positioned his body best he could to avoid submissions, gsp did what no one else has done to bj, but how many times have you watch someone dominate, and get put in a arm bar? even getting a opponent in rubber guard or making them get out of submissions can change their comfort level to go for a take down, it can affect their cardio (not that gsp will have much problem there) i'm saying when you greese, you virtually take BJJ out of the game, and i don't think anyone can dispute how important that is.

Do i think BJ would win? no but i think we would have seen a much more entertaining fight. and i think he deserves another shot and a little more respect. who else is gonna challenge gsp? at 170 or bj at 155? unless WEC uriah faber or mike brown moves up or anderson drops to 175 which won't happen now, who can bring the heat? I'd say Bj penn has 40% chance of beating Gsp but theres no ones else that is even at 35% chance of winning. Unless gsp pulls more muscles.

There is no one stronger then Thiago Silva thats at 170, the only person that can get in the cage with gsp is someone very technical and good at bjj from their back (LIKE PENN) pen can do something off his back, if gsp has no lube. either way it will end the dispute and it may be the last shot in a long time we get to see someone hold a belt in 2 divisions, unless u think Anderson will beat Machita (Which is the fight that should be taking place!) hey if Penn gets a title shot and doesn't have to work his way up, why doestt Anderson silva get a title shot? to throw hua in with Machita is the biggest GOOF of all time!

Archived