theres a rumor that Fedor will be at UFC 102 to watch fight

Bruiserxx

who cares? he shud be in the octagon proving himself...not sitting watching the guys he SHOULD be fighting!

ive got no respect for the guy after he decided to go to strikefarce!

I understand your frustration, but its not Fedor's fault. He is just loyal to his agent, and promoters. If he shows up to watch the 102 card, it shows he respects the UFC, but he is just doing what his agents think is best for him. Dont hate him cuz he's loyal, hate him when he starts talking bad about anything.

I understand your frustration' date=' but its not Fedor's fault. He is just loyal to his agent, and promoters. If he shows up to watch the 102 card, it shows he respects the UFC, but he is just doing what his agents think is best for him. Dont hate him cuz he's loyal, hate him when he starts talking bad about anything.[/quote']

+1

i wonder if he'll be wearing m-1 global or strike force gear, they wont let him in if he is, but then again that would make the ufc look like communists, so they probably would, why not after all business aside they are all fans of the fight game, and aside from business they do respect each other for their acheivements.

i wonder if he'll be wearing m-1 global or strike force gear' date=' they wont let him in if he is, but then again that would make the ufc look like communists, so they probably would, why not after all business aside they are all fans of the fight game, and aside from business they do respect each other for their acheivements.[/quote']

+1

I understand your frustration' date=' but its not Fedor's fault. He is just loyal to his agent, and promoters. If he shows up to watch the 102 card, it shows he respects the UFC, but he is just doing what his agents think is best for him. Dont hate him cuz he's loyal, hate him when he starts talking bad about anything.[/quote']

fedor isnt loyal, he is a coward. stop defending him like he's some kinda battered wife. he was aloud to fight his tourneys, he could fight whoever he wanted, he could wear whatever m-1 stuff he wanted, and was offered more money then anyone could ever offer him. and he said no...... the only thing anyone can say on his behalf is he wanted to make money for m-1. but even at that there is no arguement. he could have had a multi million dollar contract to spend on m-1 plus full rights to advertise m-1 on the biggest mma stage around free of charge........face it, he's a coward and didnt want the myth to die.

He's loyal to his own reputation. If he wanted to fight in the UFC he would have signed a deal last month when Dana was going on about it. He didn't want it. He wants to make money fighting UFC leftovers.

Holy crap!! You mean he actually can talk? lol.

My respect for the man as a fighter is definitely waning, it does look like he is ducking the best competition. But as a partial owner of M-1 he made a business decision and I can't blame him for trying to look out for his and his families future. I don't think it was the right decision for his legacy as a fighter but it is what it is! At least now he knows that Dana doesn't bluff in business negotiations and when M-1 goes under in the next year or so he will be free to come to the UFC and Dana will be able to pay him basically whatever he wants.

He's loyal to his own reputation. If he wanted to fight in the UFC he would have signed a deal last month when Dana was going on about it. He didn't want it. He wants to make money fighting UFC leftovers.

Make money? He is only making 100' date='000 per fight in strikeforce. Dana offered over 1mil. Its not about money, and its not about his rep. Read below, this is more accurate to describe him.

Holy crap!! You mean he actually can talk? lol.

My respect for the man as a fighter is definitely waning, it does look like he is ducking the best competition. But as a partial owner of M-1 he made a business decision and I can't blame him for trying to look out for his and his families future. I don't think it was the right decision for his legacy as a fighter but it is what it is! At least now he knows that Dana doesn't bluff in business negotiations and when M-1 goes under in the next year or so he will be free to come to the UFC and Dana will be able to pay him basically whatever he wants.

+1

fedor isnt loyal' date=' he is a coward. stop defending him like he's some kinda battered wife. he was aloud to fight his tourneys, he could fight whoever he wanted, he could wear whatever m-1 stuff he wanted, and was offered more money then anyone could ever offer him. and he said no...... the only thing anyone can say on his behalf is he wanted to make money for m-1. but even at that there is no arguement. he could have had a multi million dollar contract to spend on m-1 plus full rights to advertise m-1 on the biggest mma stage around free of charge........face it, he's a coward and didnt want the myth to die.[/quote']

i agree but i wouldnt consider him a coward... hes just trying to promote m-1, which he owns like 30% of it or something like that... but he should think more about the fans, he lost alot of them because of his decision to sign with strikeforce

what you call loyalty I call fear of being exposed for what he is..... Not the best HW in the world

Make money? He is only making 100' date='000 per fight in strikeforce. Dana offered over 1mil. Its not about money, and its not about his rep. Read below, this is more accurate to describe him.[/quote']

Strikeforce doesn't pay Fedor to fight for them. Every show Fedor fights for StrikeForce, StrikeForce gives M-1 Global half the total event profits, and then M-1 pays Fedor out of there share. So M-1 makes equal profit with strikeforce for every event minus Fedor's pay.

i agree but i wouldnt consider him a coward... hes just trying to promote m-1' date=' which he owns like 30% of it or something like that... but he should think more about the fans, he lost alot of them because of his decision to sign with strikeforce[/quote']

He lost American fans but he will do ok in Europe and Asia still. The money he is looking at isn't as a fighter, it is as an owner. So for every M-1 and Strikeforce shirt, hat, shotglass, and toilet paper sold , he gets a cut. All he has to do is pad his record a little more while he can and the euro trash hero will be ok just from merchandising.

which still wont be near what the ufc would have paid him. not to mention he'll have to fight at 10 strikeforce/m-1 events to get to exposure and publicity one ufc event would have gotten him and m-1.....the bussiness side of it doesnt even make sense

Fedor rules! I predict a lot of the hostility will die down once he has his fight with Brett Rogers. People haven't seen him fight in a while and that raises a lot of questions about whether or not he still has it, but I blame Josh Barnett for that.

On topic: Does anyone think he's going to 102 in order to study Randy?

which still wont be near what the ufc would have paid him. not to mention he'll have to fight at 10 strikeforce/m-1 events to get to exposure and publicity one ufc event would have gotten him and m-1.....the bussiness side of it doesnt even make sense

You are looking at it as an American fan. M-1 is huge oversees as there is no UFC there because Dana does not want to deal with the corruption. Fans in Eastern Europe have no idea that The UFC is superior in all aspects so there is a captive fan base. In the long term picture the business strategy is sound. Would you rather make 5 mil in 5 yrs with no big paydays after, or a half a mil a year for thirty years with the potential to leave your kids with the same, if not a better oppurtunity?

Just looking at it as a business decision.

As a long time fight fan I want his big scary **** over here too, but don't hate the guy for making what seems to be a sound business decision!

Strikeforce doesn't pay Fedor to fight for them. Every show Fedor fights for StrikeForce' date=' StrikeForce gives M-1 Global half the total event profits, and then M-1 pays Fedor out of there share. So M-1 makes equal profit with strikeforce for every event minus Fedor's pay.[/quote']

Ok, but still not what Dana offered him though. Yes?

Sorry, thought I saw that somewhere.

Fedor rules! I predict a lot of the hostility will die down once he has his fight with Brett Rogers. People haven't seen him fight in a while and that raises a lot of questions about whether or not he still has it' date=' but I blame Josh Barnett for that.

On topic: Does anyone think he's going to 102 in order to study Randy?[/quote']

Why not? Plus, I believe he is a fan of MMA. Though I think he is there more for Big Nog.

i?m really bored with the " Fedor?s threads ", if he don?t want fight in ufc, he will not be the best HW of the world , one team from a second division no can be the best team of the wolrd, to be the best, you must win the best competition, and it?s UFC, no Elitexc-m1-strikeforce... etc Pride die long time ago.

I love how everyone knows the complete details of the offer UFC gave him. Dana says they offered one thing, M1 says that it was over stated. Who do you believe? I say neither. Also, the offer that was reported was $30 mil for 6 fights which was completely denied by M1. Article here:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/m-1-fedor-not-offered-30-million-18816

Fedor did the best thing for him and his company. Also, don't discount Strikeforce as an upcoming promotion. They just got a ton more talent with the Dream copromotion. I say they have a much more competitive Lightweight division than the UFC. Sherdog has the following, #2 Shinya Aoki, #3 Eddie Alvarez, and #5 Kawajiri. MMAweekly has it even more in their favor: #2 Shinya AOki, #3 Eddie Alvarez, #4 Tatsuya Kawajiri, #5 Joachim Hansen, #7 JZ Calvancante, #8 Josh Thompson . That's 6 of the top 10.

If strikeforce can keep building top talent they can be lucrative for fighters that want deals that are less restrictive than what the UFC offers.

Sorry but it is his fault, if he really wanted to be in UFC, he would have been, just search some other threads on this. He's co-owner of M1 and UFC offered much more. Unless he has tie ins to the mob, its the only logical explanation.

And I live in Georgia. What's your fu****g point??? Does anybody really like him??? Better yet does anybody really even care?? I think that it's funny how I've never heard of him till I joined this forum. And all of the sudden everybody talks him up like he's God stepped down from heaven. I bet if you cut him he will bleed. And I bet he takes a dump the same way all of us do. (unless you're in a wheelchair. You are an exception.)

You are looking at it as an American fan. M-1 is huge oversees as there is no UFC there because Dana does not want to deal with the corruption. Fans in Eastern Europe have no idea that The UFC is superior in all aspects so there is a captive fan base. In the long term picture the business strategy is sound. Would you rather make 5 mil in 5 yrs with no big paydays after' date=' or a half a mil a year for thirty years with the potential to leave your kids with the same, if not a better oppurtunity?

Just looking at it as a business decision.

As a long time fight fan I want his big scary **** over here too, but don't hate the guy for making what seems to be a sound business decision![/quote']

+1

who cares? he shud be in the octagon proving himself...not sitting watching the guys he SHOULD be fighting!

ive got no respect for the guy after he decided to go to strikefarce!

Hey ********, he fought N0g 3 times, and won twice - by domination. One was a NC due to headbutt.

Thanks for stopping by though.

better question' date=' who cares?

Im over fedor. ya hes one of the greatest HWs of all time but until he fights people who are top HWs I have no respect for him.

When was the last time he fought someone legitimate[/quote']

YOu're the kind of tool, who 2 years ago, was going on about Andrei Arlovski and Tim Sylvia being top 5 world HWs - aside from the fact that Fedor just annihilated both of them like they shouldn't even be fighters......now you say these same guys you loved so much aren't even top competition - get real. Know what you're talking about.

Fedor is avoiding the UFC like the plague. **** him. I want to see him get his **** kicked by a ****ing nobody from Strikeforce. Not that I plan on watching strikeforce' date=' im sure it will be posted all over the net if he loses.[/quote']

No there's no sense in watching an amazing HW division in Strikeforce. You're so new, I can smell the plastic. News flash tardo, Strikeforce has a potentially deeper HW division than the UFC right now. That will likely change after TUF, and the inclusion of Kimbo, but don't ever diss SF and their HW division. Fedor, Rogers, Werdum, Overeem, possibly Mousasi.....hello.

Archived