Why Machida getting Knocked out will be big.

Thechemicals

Machida is going to get knocked out, no doubt about it. his supreme technique demands it. You cant beat him in the point dept. and trying to play his game gets you knocked out so all his opponents will be looking for the Big KO and trust me, his division has too many power punching strikers for Machida to avoid. Its inevitable. Brawl a technician and use technique against a brawler is a good term derived from boxing.

Reason this will be big is that Machida represents what Martial arts is suppose to be like, that image of an untouchable warrior putting down opponents. The movie martial artist where he can easily disable opponents and never recieve damage from an underskilled extra. A Steven Seagal.

When he gets knocked out, it will be back to that mentality where being the best doesnt mean you are invincible. Machida and his fans think he is invincible. He is confident that he can beat any opponent and he has mentioned it many times, even when asked about wanting to fight for a title prematurely.

So Machida gets knocked out and that mystique, that expertise, that belief that his skills make him unbeatable go right out the window and what you will see is disbelief. He will have that same open-mouthed face with the squinty eyes except he will be on his knees regaining his consciousness and trying to understand what happened, as his opponent dances the victory dance over him.

Its going to crush alot of fans and alot of people like me- people who as kids believed you can be good enough to where people cant even touch you. Its a lie, noone is supreme and Machida will be owned.

(Applauds)

It is very true, your opening paragraph. Though most will think your just trying to take a stab at Lyoto and all his fans, though you are very correct. But I think that this will only be big to those who put their faith in him. I still see him as an average fighter, and the biggest thing for me here, when he gets KO'd, is all the fanboys shutting up. I still understand that he can be beat, I know where my head is at

Machida is going to get knocked out' date=' no doubt about it. his supreme technique demands it. You cant beat him in the point dept. and trying to play his game gets you knocked out so all his opponents will be looking for the Big KO and trust me, his division has too many power punching strikers for Machida to avoid. Its inevitable. Brawl a technician and use technique against a brawler is a good term derived from boxing.

Reason this will be big is that Machida represents what Martial arts is suppose to be like, that image of an untouchable warrior putting down opponents. The movie martial artist where he can easily disable opponents and never recieve damage from an underskilled extra. A Steven Seagal.

When he gets knocked out, it will be back to that mentality where being the best doesnt mean you are invincible. Machida and his fans think he is invincible. He is confident that he cant beat and opponent and he has mentioned it many times, even when asked about wanting to fight for a title prematurely.

So Machida gets knocked out and that mystique, that expertise, that belief that his skills make him unbeatable go right out the window and what you will see is disbelief. He will have that same open-mouthed face with the squinty eyes except he will be on his knees regaining his consciousness and trying to understand what happened, as his opponent dances the victory dance over him.

Its going to crush alot of fans and alot of people like me- people who as kids believed you can be good enough to where people cant even touch you. Its a lie, noone is supreme and Machida will be owned.[/quote']

lol where does all this hate towards machida come from?? but im with you on this one... shogun shock some ppl!!

lol where does all this hate towards machida come from?? but im with you on this one... shogun shock some ppl!!

He doesn't hate Machida, he just worships Shogun.

Other than that Chemy pants, I agree with you, although you should have put your neck on the chopping board and specified that it will be Shogun that will do it (I know thats what you were thinking). But yeh, law of averages and all.

Only part I disagreed with you saying, was the "opened mouth face and squinty eyes"........tut tut on the racial-ness!! :(

No' date=' Machida's going to keep proving that old no-one-is-unbeatable cliche wrong. You guys just don't want to admit that he's so much better than anyone else in LHW because you want to believe that your favorite fighters have a chance to be champion.[/quote']

'Best' doesnt always win though. Matt Serra beat GSP, Vitor has a W against Randy (albeit a lucky one, but still on record), and there are other non-title examples.

As Wesley says to Woody "Even the sun shines on a dogs a*s some days".

He might not lose to a better fighter, but shi* happens.

umm... Machida is a title holder with an undefeated record - qui pro quo, whoever beats him (and it will happen) will get a massive amount of kudos and a shiny belt, end of discussion.

I really can't subscribe to the notion that Machida is solely holding up the romantic martial arts notion of the supreme, undefeatable fighter - such a beautiful idea will endure forever, while the realist in all of us must realise that there is a counter for every technique, and either that counter to your style, or time itself will get you in the end...

Oh, and STEVEN SEAGAL is your awe inspiring martial arts hero reference? Seagal? Really? My vote goes for Jet Li, Bruce Lee or Chuck freakin' Norris!

Machida is going to get knocked out' date=' no doubt about it. his supreme technique demands it. You cant beat him in the point dept. and trying to play his game gets you knocked out so all his opponents will be looking for the Big KO and trust me, his division has too many power punching strikers for Machida to avoid. Its inevitable. Brawl a technician and use technique against a brawler is a good term derived from boxing.

When he gets knocked out, it will be back to that mentality where being the best doesnt mean you are invincible. Machida and his fans think he is invincible. He is confident that he cant beat and opponent and he has mentioned it many times, even when asked about wanting to fight for a title prematurely.

Its going to crush alot of fans and alot of people like me- people who as kids believed you can be good enough to where people cant even touch you. Its a lie, noone is supreme and Machida will be owned.[/quote']

Great post!!

i enjoyed reading that and i agree with it after evans failed trying to play machida at his own game fighters will be looking to just take him out.

i have money on shogun beating him but while that is just a flutter i would bet big on rampage taking him out

No' date=' Machida's going to keep proving that old no-one-is-unbeatable cliche wrong. You guys just don't want to admit that he's so much better than anyone else in LHW because you want to believe that your favorite fighters have a chance to be champion.[/quote']

Eh, I for one, have always been neutral on Machida, although it may look like a trash him a lot, because I believe he has yet to fight anyone worth while in the UFC, other than Ortiz, and I guess Silva. I just think it's ridiculous on how much hype he's gotten, after flying low under the radar for most of his UFC career. Royce Gracie didn't even go unbeaten, Fedor isn't unbeaten, A. Silva isn't unbeaten, and this guy, not god, will lose too.

Plus, I could care less if my favorites would lose to him or not, the guys I like generally put on a show no matter what.

Oh' date=' and STEVEN SEAGAL is your awe inspiring martial arts hero reference? Seagal? Really? My vote goes for Jet Li, Bruce Lee or Chuck freakin' Norris[/i']!

LOL!!!

I agree that Shogun wont ko him. If anything, TKO. I dont think anybody has a counter to his style right now. He wont let anybody close enough to hit him wicked hard. If anyone can though, its Shogun.

I believe that if you think your opponent is invincible and you believe you can't beat him before the fight you just gave your opponent the fight. The fighter that beats Machida will be the guy who says, "**** Machida, I'll respect him if he somehow miraculously beats me which he wont." On the other side of the coin if you start believing in your own legend that your invincible and can't be beat that's when your going to lose.

So go ahead people put him on a pedestal elevate him and we'll watch him crumble because of it.

Great post!!

i enjoyed reading that and i agree with it after evans failed trying to play machida at his own game fighters will be looking to just take him out.

i have money on shogun beating him but while that is just a flutter i would bet big on rampage taking him out

A fit Rua is more dangerous to Machida than Rampage ever could be - Rampage is tailor made to lose spectacularly to Machida.

And if you watch the Evans fight carefully Evans just got stopped in his tracks by Machida's point punches everytime he tried to go on the offensive (apart from the one time Machida backed off). Those punches that Machida hits with aren't the usual weak-**** karateka half-pulled stuff you see in karate matches - they stunned Evans each time (and Evans has a hell of a chin on him) - sure if Rua or Rampage can shrug them off and keep coming then they have a chance - but it really is hard to put your game plan into action when a much faster (and very evasive) man is smacking you hard in the face everytime you try something...ask Forrest..

i would love to see 2 rounds of two talented fighters giving it there all.. then half way through the third.. Rua sets up a Thai clinch with some perfectly timed hooks.. then goes to town with about 3-4 knees.. sending Machida to the ground only to get finished by his signature superman punch GnP crazy stuff.. would be fight of the century..

shogunsuperman2.jpg

just like that ooo yeah..

... the Dragon will fight 2 times every 12 or 13 months .... he will be given 1 meatball (tune-up) & 1 serious challenge in that time period . I think his mental-preparation & discipline for that scenario is reasonably easy . He would gain even more confidence from a win over the Spider .... we all need to push for that fight . I believe the Spider may retire rather than fight his friend & endure the aftermath of a loss .

I am the author of the "After Shogun destroys Machida who is next" thread so i have already stuck my neck out and have a sig bet with some guy who i cant remember their name but im sure he will show up if Machida wins.

Machida is an example of the image of a true martial artist. He is the only MMA fighter to recieve almost no damage per fight and his style is precise. No MMA has that, the closest would be Anderson Silva but he has been beat and has shown weakness on the ground with wrestlers I.E. Lutter and Hendo(early).

Shogun is not even in my top 10. I like him but he doesnt meet my entertainment standards. I choose fighters by how exciting and talented they are.

To be honest i'm just waiting for Arcane to show up and start "my boy" ing this and that! Haha.

But the think i want to happen is for it to be a fight like Brock Lesnar vs Heath Herring!

For Shogun to completly dominate Machida for 5 rounds (and i realise BL vs HH was only 3 rounds).

This would throw out Machida's "not lost a round" crap.

I honestly can't see the fight leaving the 2nd round but that's my dream scenario.

When he gets knocked out, it will be back to that mentality where being the best doesnt mean you are invincible. Machida and his fans think he is invincible. He is confident that he can beat any opponent and he has mentioned it many times, even when asked about wanting to fight for a title prematurely.

Everybody eventually faces loss. Some bounce back even better after it (gsp).

Machida on the other hand will hold onto his belt for quite a while longer. Only in fantasy land will Rua gain victory over Machida.

And who is going to be the one to do it?

It sure as hell won't be Shogun.

Rampage is too one-dimesnional.

He destroyed Thiago.

Rashad got torn down.

Jardine just can't do it.

Forrest ovbiously can't.

MAYBE Jon Jones in like 2 years. But other than him, no one in the weight division can top Machida.

And, why exactly couldn't Shogun do it? Rampage one dimensional? I'm trying not to burst out laughing. Well, for someone who is 1D, a 30-7 record looks really good along with wins over a lot of the sports top guys, and even A UFC title.

Anyone can be beaten, I can't stress that enough. Machida isn't perfect, and he's not a computer. Meaning, every single time a punch is thrown, he will do a certain move every time, and land it in the same spot every time. It's a fight, anything can happen. And so how exactly will Machida beat Shogun?

Well Cap .. I don't believe there is anything predictable about the Dragon because he reacts to what his opponent does .... but I'm not comfortable calling him a counter-striker although his patience is amazing . Everyone in MMA land is expecting Machida to lay back & wait for opportunities given to him by Shogun .... I would assume that is what Rua is training for (a patient counter-striker) ... If I were the Dragon, I would aggressively attack Rua immediately & make him fight going backwards & defensively .... thus taking Rua off his game-plan ....If Lyoto can take out Shogun early, this also sends a subliminal message to the Spider ..... effectively "killing two pea****s with one ruby" .

Well Cap .. I don't believe there is anything predictable about the Dragon because he reacts to what his opponent does .... but I'm not comfortable calling him a counter-striker although his patience is amazing . Everyone in MMA land is expecting Machida to lay back & wait for opportunities given to him by Shogun .... I would assume that is what Rua is training for (a patient counter-striker) ... If I were the Dragon' date=' I would aggressively attack Rua immediately & make him fight going backwards & defensively .... thus taking Rua off his game-plan ....If Lyoto can take out Shogun early, this also sends a subliminal message to the Spider ..... effectively [b']"killing two pea****s with one ruby"[/b] .

So thats how you take the basta*ds out! I've been using poison and they just keep coming back for more!

Well Cap .. I don't believe there is anything predictable about the Dragon because he reacts to what his opponent does .... but I'm not comfortable calling him a counter-striker although his patience is amazing . Everyone in MMA land is expecting Machida to lay back & wait for opportunities given to him by Shogun .... I would assume that is what Rua is training for (a patient counter-striker) ... If I were the Dragon' date=' I would aggressively attack Rua immediately & make him fight going backwards & defensively .... thus taking Rua off his game-plan ....If Lyoto can take out Shogun early, this also sends a subliminal message to the Spider ..... effectively "killing two pea****s with one ruby" .[/quote']

1. If Lyoto goes and attacks shogun thats playing shoguns game and a very bad Idea for Machida I can see him getting knocked out doing this.

2. Its better for him to keep fighting how he's been doing it cause no one has figured it out yet.

3. he doesn't need to send those messages to Silva... The two practically spoon together every night telling eachother how great one another is. They have a man crush on one another and will never fight one another because of it.

And' date=' why exactly couldn't Shogun do it? Rampage one dimensional? I'm trying not to burst out laughing. Well, for someone who is 1D, a 30-7 record looks really good along with wins over a lot of the sports top guys, and even A UFC title.

Anyone can be beaten, I can't stress that enough. Machida isn't perfect, and he's not a computer. Meaning, every single time a punch is thrown, he will do a certain move every time, and land it in the same spot every time. It's a fight, anything can happen. And so how exactly will Machida beat Shogun?[/quote']

Exactly what I stress to many ppl. Nobody is perfect. It's impossible. Your opponents glove couldnt even touch you ever to even think about being perfect. And Rampage is definitely not 1D in abilities. He just doesnt always need it.

I'm with Chems. I don't know if Shogun is gonna be the guy to do it. Don't know if his chin can handle Machida beats. If he slams Machida with a big shot, Lyoto goes night night though. He's got a punchers chance. This will be an exciting fight one way or the other.

I personally think Rampage has the best chance to beat Machida, simply because of his chin. He'd wade in, take 26 ***** shots from Machida, and then BOOM. I don't think the punches Machida took out Evans with would even phase Page. My opinion anyway.

Regardless, these jabronis who say Machida will remain undefeated are on acid. He may hold it for 2-3 more fights, but guaranteed somebody smacks the ego right out of him in the next year or two.

I'm with Chems. I don't know if Shogun is gonna be the guy to do it. Don't know if his chin can handle Machida beats. If he slams Machida with a big shot' date=' Lyoto goes night night though. He's got a punchers chance. This will be an exciting fight one way or the other.

I personally think Rampage has the best chance to beat Machida, simply because of his chin. He'd wade in, take 26 ***** shots from Machida, and then BOOM. I don't think the punches Machida took out Evans with would even phase Page. My opinion anyway.

Regardless, these jabronis who say Machida will remain undefeated are on acid. He may hold it for 2-3 more fights, but guaranteed somebody smacks the ego right out of him in the next year or two.[/quote']

another perfect quote, nothing else need said

I'm with Chems. I don't know if Shogun is gonna be the guy to do it. Don't know if his chin can handle Machida beats. If he slams Machida with a big shot' date=' Lyoto goes night night though. He's got a punchers chance. This will be an exciting fight one way or the other.

Regardless, these jabronis who say Machida will remain undefeated are on acid. He may hold it for 2-3 more fights, but guaranteed somebody smacks the ego right out of him in the next year or two.[/quote']

For sure but Rampage has other weaknessess and that is his legs and chest. Wanderlei owned him twice by breaking his ribs in the clinch and Forrest defeated Page by a power low kick that put him out for almost 2 full rounds. Rampage can do it but if Lyoto drops those liver kicks...its the same fate as anyone else.

Well, I was trying to look for a fight where Rua's opponent was the aggresor (actually, I was looking at a vid of his highlights on youtube), and Rua always seems to be going forward. So if we got two guys going forward, for Rua, all it takes is one clean punch to daze/stun/rock him and go in for the clinch. And Rua throws some pretty accurate punches if he's not goofing off.

I myself havn't seen much of Rua, I was at first picking him in spite of the Lyoto nut huggers, but after looking at some of his fights, I'm actually impressed with Rua now. I'm glad this won't just be a meathead brawl.

For sure but Rampage has other weaknessess and that is his legs and chest. Wanderlei owned him twice by breaking his ribs in the clinch and Forrest defeated Page by a power low kick that put him out for almost 2 full rounds. Rampage can do it but if Lyoto drops those liver kicks...its the same fate as anyone else.

True that. I just don't know how Shogun handles punches, cause he's so damn good, he hasn't taken many in his career. I'm praying he lays Machida out ala Hendo/Bisping, you know it!

So' date=' if it takes a brawler to beat Machida's technique, but takes Machida's technique to beat a brawler... yeah, one hell of an arguement you've got there.[/quote']

This is funny stuff. Your right though.

I am the author of the "After Shogun destroys Machida who is next" thread

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAA.

I found this freaking hilarious though. I am now imagining you spending several days putting together your work before hitting that submit button for the world to see.

The one thing I do agree with though is anyone and everyone can lose and when Machida gets his first loss it will be a shocker.

Shogun's last fight with Liddell didn't do enough for me to prove that he is really back since it was a short fight. I really hope that a championship opportunity is what he needs to really be hungry again.

ok ... lets play : #1- Beat your opponent at his own game. #2- Shogun is a live opponent & knows what to expect. #3- Male ego never sleeps.

To machida it doesn't matter how he beats shogun. And he is not and should not go out and chase shogun fighters who do that get beaten. Why change a fighting style that is working for you ? No one has figured it out so don't change it unless you have to in the fight. And the only reason for Machida to change his strategy in the fight is if he is losing.

And Anderson Silva has said many times publicly that he and Machida will never fight. IT goes against what he has said about wanting to fight the best if he never wants to fight his friend who currently holds the belt but he wont do it.

So' date=' if it takes a brawler to beat Machida's technique, but takes Machida's technique to beat a brawler... yeah, one hell of an arguement you've got there.[/quote']

Well, the fact that you never heard of the saying shows me you need to up your fight game. Google is for a full description.

The jist of it is that if your opponent is superior to you technically then you must impose your will. If your opponent is imposing his will and is being agrressive then you optimize your technicallity.

Obviously your being one dimensional with the outcome. The saying is more than just your one sided result. The variables are many , here is an example

Fighter 1: Is technically beating his opponent with Jabs

Fighter 2: is losing the standup and taking severe damage by Jabs and Straights

Fighter 2: Adjusts his punches to land one power blow and absorbing a jab and possibly a straight. He times his opponents punches and lands a power blow while taking a jab and straight

Fighter 1: Takes a heavy shot and is rattled. He has to change his technical standup and becomes more cautious, maybe backpeddle and avoid the brawlers shots. However, he must improve his standup to avoid another heavy shot from hitting him. His technique is no longer the same as it was before being hit.

End result is that both fighters change their styles to continue the fight. If fighter 1 continued to fight the same way after taking that shot then his opponent can muscle him by absorbing his punches and ultimatly knocking him out.

If fighter 2 continues to try to fight technically against the technician then he will lose.

Youll find the rest on the net, get smart.

I am the author of the "After Shogun destroys Machida who is next" thread so i have already stuck my neck out and have a sig bet with some guy who i cant remember their name but im sure he will show up if Machida wins.

Machida is an example of the image of a true martial artist. He is the only MMA fighter to recieve almost no damage per fight and his style is precise. No MMA has that' date=' the closest would be Anderson Silva but he has been beat and has shown weakness on the ground with wrestlers I.E. Lutter and Hendo(early).

Shogun is not even in my top 10. I like him but he doesnt meet my entertainment standards. I choose fighters by how exciting and talented they are.[/quote']

This is a much better post then your original to start the thread. I am tired of the guys running their chops about fighter "A" is gonna lose to fighter "B" because I hate all of his fanboys and no fighter is untouchable or blah blah blah....pure ****sping! If you don't like a fighter, his style, his attitude or whatever I can respect that but when arguing why a fighter will win or lose come with some real facts and miss me with your ego filled rhetoric about why you hate the fighters fans and all the samantics. Don't become a D O U C H E B A G like that idiot Arcadeknight who gives a fighter like Machida a bad name and leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth from all of his nonsense. Not slamming you bro just sayin calm your emotions some before you post so you sound intelligent like you know you're S H I T!

I think this will be an ok fight but Shogun has a lot to prove. He hasn't beat anyone worth a damn as of late himself. The arguement of him beating Liddell isn't a good one because dude is done and everyone knows it. Coleman is also finished as a top notch fighter. He lost to Forrest who is a top notch fighter and the only fighter he has faced that has been worth a damn since he faced Rampage and Nogueira. He leaves a lot to be desired and if he wins this fight will have proven to many fans around that he is back and ready to be on top of the MMA game. His only true dominant fight with someone top notch was when he walked right through Rampage. Keep in mind though that all this is, is a bunch of speculation of who we think in "our opinion" is gonna win.

Can't wait to watch this fight, it may end up like Bowles and Torres and then again it may not.

i would love to see 2 rounds of two talented fighters giving it there all.. then half way through the third.. Rua sets up a Thai clinch with some perfectly timed hooks.. then goes to town with about 3-4 knees.. sending Machida to the ground only to get finished by his signature superman punch GnP crazy stuff.. would be fight of the century..

shogunsuperman2.jpg

just like that ooo yeah..

Christ almighty. I'm SOOO glad UFC finally picked up little Nog :D

to be honest i think the shogun will shock the world with a knockout win.

it will be in the 1st or 2nd round.

I am on boat with you. He is the first top level fighter with experience and talent and skills and worldwide experience and most of all- reading tape reels on Machida. This is going to be a big win for Shogun

• 9 months later...

its possible, he is excellent on the score cards so his counter is to knock him out, and ur chances are at its best in the earlyer rounds when cardio hasnt taken its toll, but knocking out machida is easier said than done

Archived