Gray Maynard vs Sean Sherk

Hendo4Life

This is a fight I want to see real soon, I am thinking February at the earliest. Both are good wrestlers. I think both are just as strong as each other. I know Maynard has more knockout power, and it wouldn't help Sherk to keep this standing since he has the shortest arms in the world. I think if Sherk can go back to his roots which is wrestling, he can can pull out a decision or finish with some ground and pound. If he tries to turn this into a boxing match he is going to find himself knocked out like he did with BJ.

Thoughts? Comments?

Great matchup! As a fan of both, Its cool to think about.

If Sherk gets the takedown, he can pull it out because of strength alone. Stand up, if only he would land one of his puches! I hate to see his short arms throw soo hard and miss.

And the same is said for Maynard. Great post brotha!

I kinda look at this fight kind of like Couture/Nogueira in that I don't know who to cheer for. I have been impressed with Maynard since the Ultimate Fighter, and those sick combinations that he was throwing at Jim Miller you couldn't be anything but impressed with him and you got to give credit to Miller who stuck with it for three rounds. I have always been impressed with Sherk. His fight with Tyson Griffin in my eyes was up there with anything else for Fight of the Year. Not taking anything I away from Frankie Edgar I really thought Sherk would have his number but again he kept it a boxing match. Its heartbreaking to watch how hard he works (have you seen those caveman training videos) to not come out on top. Maynard being undefeated and I see him getting past Huerta, (How I don't know but I doubt the UFC would give Huerta a farewell victory) has not fought a "name" guy yet so this would really put him 1 or 2 after Diego in line for a shot. Even though I don't see Sherk wining this fight if and when it happens if he did, it wouldn't really skyrocket him up the ladder it would simply show he can still hang with the young guns, so in that respect I am going for Maynard because with his record he deserves a shot.

This is a fight I want to see real soon' date=' I am thinking February at the earliest. Both are good wrestlers. I think both are just as strong as each other. I know Maynard has more knockout power, and it wouldn't help Sherk to keep this standing since he has the shortest arms in the world. I think if Sherk can go back to his roots which is wrestling, he can can pull out a decision or finish with some ground and pound. If he tries to turn this into a boxing match he is going to find himself knocked out like he did with BJ.

Thoughts? Comments?[/quote']

id like to see that. maynard is good. he'd win. i dont dislike sherk but he's flogging a dead horse with the boxing.

Archived