rumour is anderson is going to fight a HW

guti

There are a couple of sites saying that anderson is going to be fighting frank mir at HW....

As much as i like silva i think this is not a good idea for anderson... I think he should be able to beat frank mir however there are big guys ( velazques , conzaga , congo , brock) that are just too big for the spider to take... Silva should be able to beat the smaller guys in heavyweight mir , randy , nogueira ....

Word is ufc and silvas representatives dont see a point of anderson fighting at 205 if he is not going to be fighting for the belt ... The 205 is loosing credibility everytime anderson KOs a top opponent .....

There are a couple of sites saying that anderson is going to be fighting frank mir at HW....

As much as i like silva i think this is not a good idea for anderson... I think he should be able to beat frank mir however there are big guys ( velazques ' date=' conzaga , congo , brock) that are just too big for the spider to take... Silva should be able to beat the smaller guys in heavyweight mir , randy , nogueira ....

Word is ufc and silvas representatives dont see a point of anderson fighting at 205 if he is not going to be fighting for the belt ... The 205 is loosing credibility everytime anderson KOs a top opponent .....[/quote']

i doubt this will happen he wants to fight alot of people and has not acted on it

Silva is the best fighter in the world today. Having said that it is getting irritating listening to his people talk about all these fights that really have no point. There is no reason for him to fight at 205 if Machida remains the champion because he won't fight him. The only thing he would do is ruin the opportunity for other top contenders to get a title shot. If Silva beats you then is the UFC going to turn around and give you a title fight against Machida, no. He would just be a spoiler. At HW lets be real for a minute - anyone who believes Anderson Silva is going to beat Brock Lesnar is an idiot. Silva is GREAT but he is just too small for Brock who would outweigh him by over 50- 60 lbs at fight time. Brock is a monster and a top of the food chain wrestler. He would overpower Silva and take him down at will and smother the guy while he pounded his face into the canvas. Why would any top HW want to fight Silva? You gain nothing by beating a guy who is the 185 lb belt holder, and if you lose you just lost any hope of fighting for the title. I was all for these Silva superfights a little while ago but the more I think about it the less excited I am by them. Unless he is going to actually challenge for the title in a weight class, stay at 185.

Silva is the best fighter in the world today. Having said that it is getting irritating listening to his people talk about all these fights that really have no point. There is no reason for him to fight at 205 if Machida remains the champion because he won't fight him. The only thing he would do is ruin the opportunity for other top contenders to get a title shot. If Silva beats you then is the UFC going to turn around and give you a title fight against Machida' date=' no. He would just be a spoiler. At HW lets be real for a minute - anyone who believes Anderson Silva is going to beat Brock Lesnar is an idiot. Silva is GREAT but he is just too small for Brock who would outweigh him by over 50- 60 lbs at fight time. Brock is a monster and a top of the food chain wrestler. He would overpower Silva and take him down at will and smother the guy while he pounded his face into the canvas. Why would any top HW want to fight Silva? You gain nothing by beating a guy who is the 185 lb belt holder, and if you lose you just lost any hope of fighting for the title. I was all for these Silva superfights a little while ago but the more I think about it the less excited I am by them. Unless he is going to actually challenge for the title in a weight class, stay at 185.[/quote']

that's what I have been saying over and over again.

humh???? I am not sure you know this but on off time silva walks around over 200 pounds some reports have put him at 220 when he isnt training for a fight, so if these statements are true, it wouldnt be rediculous to see him at HW if he bulked up, hell he cut weight for the griffin fight after training, and if he came in at HW for a lesnar fight(which i dont see ever happening) I dont see brock walking all over him, I am not a big silva fan, but silva is the smartest fighter in the world with undoubtablely the best hands in the world to, and he is amazing at muay thai and BJJ look at his credentials, taking him to the ground is just as dangerous as standing. I think to many people dont see past their fan loyalty when it comes to the fighters, just because we love a fighter doesnt mean that makes him unstoppable. I am not saying either one of them will win, but I dont see it as a walk in the park for either fighter

humh???? I am not sure you know this but on off time silva walks around over 200 pounds some reports have put him at 220 when he isnt training for a fight' date=' so if these statements are true, it wouldnt be rediculous to see him at HW if he bulked up, hell he cut weight for the griffin fight after training, and if he came in at HW for a lesnar fight(which i dont see ever happening) I dont see brock walking all over him, I am not a big silva fan, but silva is the smartest fighter in the world with undoubtablely the best hands in the world to, and he is amazing at muay thai and BJJ look at his credentials, taking him to the ground is just as dangerous as standing. I think to many people dont see past their fan loyalty when it comes to the fighters, just because we love a fighter doesnt mean that makes him unstoppable. I am not saying either one of them will win, but I dont see it as a walk in the park for either fighter[/quote']

I agree with this a lot

I think the weight is still a problem and I think his 205 fights should keep him going so he can keep showing why he is the best and build his legacy

Silva is the best fighter in the world today. Having said that it is getting irritating listening to his people talk about all these fights that really have no point. There is no reason for him to fight at 205 if Machida remains the champion because he won't fight him. The only thing he would do is ruin the opportunity for other top contenders to get a title shot. If Silva beats you then is the UFC going to turn around and give you a title fight against Machida' date=' no. He would just be a spoiler. At HW lets be real for a minute - anyone who believes Anderson Silva is going to beat Brock Lesnar is an idiot. Silva is GREAT but he is just too small for Brock who would outweigh him by over 50- 60 lbs at fight time. Brock is a monster and a top of the food chain wrestler. He would overpower Silva and take him down at will and smother the guy while he pounded his face into the canvas. Why would any top HW want to fight Silva? You gain nothing by beating a guy who is the 185 lb belt holder, and if you lose you just lost any hope of fighting for the title. I was all for these Silva superfights a little while ago but the more I think about it the less excited I am by them. Unless he is going to actually challenge for the title in a weight class, stay at 185.[/quote']

I agree 100% with that. Unless a title is in the works, stay at 185lbs. Or if Machida should lose somehow. I said somehow.

Archived