Ed Herman's Corner

andybouy

What a piss poor performance. They knew their fighter was really hurt and they still let him come out. They shouldve thrown in the towel and prevent injuring his knee even further. They asked him if he wants to conitnue but what do you expect a fighter to say? Of course he's gonna continue thats what fighters do. It their job to protect their fighter when they know he could no longer protect himself and a that was a serious injury. It not like a cut in the face where a fighter can work through it and wont really pose a long term injury but a blown knee is. It might affect a fighter in the long run and letting him come out with a bum knee might have put his athletic career in jeopardy. Your thoughts?

I agree. and so did the whole living room audience when it happenned live last night.

Of course the fighter on the adrenaline will try to finish the fight... I blame the trainers or whoever is in charge of judging if a fighter's injury is too serious to continue a fight.

it was a stupid move.. like you said, jeopardize his career.

What a piss poor performance. They knew their fighter was really hurt and they still let him come out. They shouldve thrown in the towel and prevent injuring his knee even further. They asked him if he wants to conitnue but what do you expect a fighter to say? Of course he's gonna continue thats what fighters do. It their job to protect their fighter when they know he could no longer protect himself and a that was a serious injury. It not like a cut in the face where a fighter can work through it and wont really pose a long term injury but a blown knee is. It might affect a fighter in the long run and letting him come out with a bum knee might have put his athletic career in jeopardy. Your thoughts?

+1

i was gonna make a thread about this tonight

it was poor they didnt even seem to check his leg and have risked his career by sending him back out when there was no need you cant fight with a blown knee

The on call doctor should have been the bad guy for this fight.

Agreed. You could hear the ref (Yves Lavigne, I think) calling for the doctor and telling Herman's corner he was going to give him a minute to have his knee assessed. I felt quite sorry for Herman, but also for Simpson as well, as he had won the first round, and clearly wanted to get a better finish in his first UFC fight.

Agreed. You could hear the ref (Yves Lavigne' date=' I think) calling for the doctor and telling Herman's corner he was going to give him a minute to have his knee assessed. I felt quite sorry for Herman, but also for Simpson as well, as he had won the first round, and clearly wanted to get a better finish in his first UFC fight.[/quote']

true..

Well going by this logic Greg Jackson is a horrible cornerman and should've never allowed GSP to go out after he told him he pulled his groin. He could have blown his groin out and put his entire athletic career in jeopardy.

Especially ruining a fighter of GSP's magnitude.. Dumb trainer and cornerman. Ed Herman is expendable, he had to put on a show or risk getting cut by the UFC. What good is his fighting career if he doesnt have a roof to fight under? They had to sacrifice him for the betterment of the sport. It's business. You go out and put on a show, give people their money's worth. If you dont do that, Dana will cut you. No questions asked.

It's either get a little bit more injured, or get cut and lose his job. I think Ed Herman made the smart decision.

It's either get a little bit more injured' date=' or get cut and lose his job. I think Ed Herman made the smart decision.[/quote']

What if A. Simpson decides to go for some leg kicks and permanently damages Ed's knee. Ed will not be able to fight ever again. If he gets cut out of the UFC he still can fight somewhere else. So you think its still worth it?

What if A. Simpson decides to go for some leg kicks and permanently damages Ed's knee. Ed will not be able to fight ever again. If he gets cut out of the UFC he still can fight somewhere else. So you think its still worth it?

Then Ed Herman takes those leg kicks with pride. You dont Jeopardize the company you work for because you dont want to put on a good show. All those people pay their money to see these guys fight, not quit like BJ Penn. If he cant fight ever again, so be it, atleast he lost his ability to fight doing what he loved.

I've got mixed opinions about it to be honest...

what do you do you know? what if he genuinely felt ok before he went back in? Its his life' date=' his knee, his decision, not Greg Jackson or whoever you think has control over Ed Herman.[/quote']

You damn TUF'ers.. Greg Jackson is not Ed Herman's trainer or cornerman. If he was, he would've told Ed Herman he didn't care and to hit him with his busted kneecap.

Archived