Who is next after the shogun, rampage or suger for lhw title??

nick_wright

I promise i'm not trying to turn this into another a silva thread, but by then he'll have at least one more LHW fight under his belt and would probably be the guy, assuming Machida doesn't still have the belt(which he prob will) and silva throws a fit bout not wanting to fight him. Also, maybe Couture? Probably not the top contender, but it'd draw ratings and i'd love to watch it...

.... The fans & the UFC don't give a flyin' flip if these guys are blood-brothers, ... they are employees & they will give the fans what we want or one of them will find work else-where . More than likely Silva will retire for year & pop-up in another organization, especially if Machida takes out Rua early .... Rampage has enough to worry about w/ Rashad Evans & I doubt he would even make a good tune-up for the Dragon .... Quinton is arthritic & has a 46% KO record .... hellooooo ?

Well if Rampage beats Rashad, he is DEFINETLY getting a shot. If Rashad beats Rampage, i really think he needs another win in order to get a title shot again. He got beat in a humiliating fashion, it wasnt even close, so he needs to prove himself again IMO. So... granted that Rampage wins, its an easy choice.... However if Rashad wins... Then i believe it may come down to who is holding the LHW title at the time. If its Shogun... then we may very well be seeing Shogun vs A.Silva (however im still unsure, because didnt A.Silva say he wouldnt even think about making a run for the LHW title, because its for Machida to run for?). If its Machida still holding it... i honestly dont know until the outcmes of future fights. Maybe if Couture beats Nogueira aswell? He may be inline, he has expressed interest in fighting Machida (or even Anderson Silva).

But its a tough one to figure out who is next in line if Rampage loses.... SO, im relying on Rampage to KTFO of Rashad to keep this all simple lol!!!

Silva needs to go back to his own division, not LHW, not HW, but MW where he holds gold.

And right now, it's too early to tell who would be next in line for a LHW shot after Rampage/Rashad. Maybe Franklin, if he beats Belfort. Maybe Coture, if that's what he wants if he beats Big Nog. We gotta wait and see a contender put together a couple of wins before you just throw somone in.

Silva needs to go back to his own division' date=' not LHW, not HW, but MW where he holds gold.[/quote']

silva has dominated the middleweight division we see the leites fight and it was a joke. i dont wanna see silva at middleweight. even if he beat forest with a jab its better and more entertaining for the fans if he move up weight. to see anderson get challenged.

If Rampage wins. It's him without question. He was supposed to get the next shot before he opted to fight Evans instead. Hell, he was even offered the shot after KOing Wandy. If Rashad wins, he needs at least one more win. A win against Quinton is HUGE, but he just lost the title, so to be fair he needs one more, unless he utterly humiliates Rampage of course.

That being said, I can't see Machida losing, but if Shogun gets the UFC gold, the match-ups I think would be more interesting and have higher potential of turning into wars.

Lol haha' date=' im sorry, that made me laugh. Look Jardine is an entertaining fighter, but, he wll never be a champion. Never, ever, ever.[/quote']

If he beats Thiago Silva then he'll probably get a fight against a real contender. If he wins that then why shouldn't Jardine get a title shot? We all know he'd lose but I think he's got the ability to get himself a shot.

I mean, who else is there? Franklin? Ortiz? Griffin?

Archived