White Comments on Rampage possible role in A-Team

junbo79

There is various reports concerning this. First day the Sun said it was happening. Second day MTV said its BS.

I think this is about as accurate of a take as your going to get out of this until we hear from Rampage or it's officially announced.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/wec-safe-additional-november-show-planned-more-ufc-notes-19341

White commented on former light heavyweight champion Quinton ?Rampage? Jackson being up for the roll of B.A. Baracus in the remake of the 1980s television show ?The A-Team.? He is none too thrilled about the possibility and hopes Jackson does not get the part. White made it clear that he thinks fighters should fight and actors should act. He said as much to Jackson when the former champion came to him and told him of his plans, stating he had a sentimental reason for wanting to play Mr. T?s old role. Apparently, he had grown up watching the show with his father and told White how great it would be to get the role.

White?s response to Jackson?

?Guess what Rashad Evans is thinking about right now? He?s thinking about beating your f--king ****. OK? He?s not sitting around thinking about how him and his mom used to watch ?The Love Boat? together and he wants to get the role of Isaac the Bartender. Get a f--king grip dude.

?[Evans] hates Rampage more than anyone on the planet, and all he is thinking about is killing him. And [Jackson] wants to play B.A. Baracus on The A-Team,? White added. ?This s--t drives me f--king nuts, so, no, I am not a big fan of fighters doing movies. When your career is over and you turn into a movie star, that?s awesome.?

I think Dana White is full of himself..yeah he pulled UFC out the gutter and broughtit further to the mainstream but, hearing him make comments like this makes me lose respect for him as a person..If Quinton wants to play the part in a movie for sentamental reason or just because he thinks it'll be fun let him the guy deserves it.He's paid his dues in the UFC Pride KOTC etc I mean as long as he preforms to the best of his ability at the fight so the f*ck what if he does a movie besides maybe the mans got talent you always gotta have a back up plan..I dunno this to me jus furthers my opinion that Dana Whites on a power trip.

I think Dana White is full of himself..yeah he pulled UFC out the gutter and broughtit further to the mainstream but' date=' hearing him make comments like this makes me lose respect for him as a person..If Quinton wants to play the part in a movie for sentamental reason or just because he thinks it'll be fun let him the guy deserves it.He's paid his dues in the UFC Pride KOTC etc I mean as long as he preforms to the best of his ability at the fight so the f*ck what if he does a movie besides maybe the mans got talent you always gotta have a back up plan..I dunno this to me jus furthers my opinion that Dana Whites on a power trip.[/quote']

But he also has a point. He is contracted to a fight with the UFC. White is investing a bunch of money into really advertising Rampage with the TUF show and co or main event fight coming up.

Last thing he needs at this moment is to be drawn away from what he should be focusing on, which is Evans.

If filming wouldn't even start till 2010, then no biggie. But he's got a job with the UFC. This isn't a cameo, Rampage would virtually be the lead actor. That could take some serious time away from what he should be doing, which is training for this fight in Dec

Just like with any company, if you want to keep your employees around you better treat them right. Sure, Dana doesn't have a lot of competition at the moment, but if by chance something comes along that gives these guys a shot at making a good living and a little more freedom, their gone.

At the same time, his job is to run a business and put the best product on display he possibly can, just like when he kept on B.J.'s **** to get in the gym and train more. I think he's just trying to cover his own ****, but you gotta have a middle ground. Until Ranpage shows that this is taking away significantly from his training, let him do what the fk he wants. Its his **** on the line too...

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=2997

Quinton ?Rampage? Jackson WILL be playing the part of BA Baracus in the forthcoming A-Team movie, Fighters Only has been able to establish.

However, Jackson is due to headline UFC 107 in December in a fight against TUF10 rival coach Rashad Evans. But with filming taking place around that date, Jackson will be unable to fight Evans at the December 12th event.

Fighters Only has learned that Rampage?s management are en route to the US to have an urgent weekend meeting with the UFC regarding this development. It is understood that they will be asking for the fight with Evans to be moved to another date, allowing Jackson to get a full training camp.

That would create a headache for the UFC as it would lose the main event of 107, which is being held in Jackson?s home town of Memphis, Tennessee.

But the potential benefits of Jackson?s participation in the movie may outweigh the downsides. The A Team remake is a big-budget, mainstream Hollywood affair that will receive massive publicity around the world.

The success of the television series it is based on is without question. The five seasons of The A Team are some of the most popular programming ever produced in the USA and one of the most popular syndicated shows around the world.

In the UK, for example, The A Team has been on television in some form (network, cable or satellite) continuously since it first aired in 1983, an incredible run for a show that is now over 25 years old.

Among the potential benefits for the UFC, Jackson?s participation in the movie would make him viable as a guest on the kind of shows that do not usually book MMA fighters, providing the kind of mainstream media exposure the UFC thrives on.

His natural charisma would surely win him fans, who could then be drawn to UFC programming as a result, in a scenario perhaps comparable to Gina Carano participating in the Gladiators series on TV. She was allowed to do that by Strikeforce, who figured it was good marketing.

But yesterday, UFC president Dana White was somewhat sceptical of Jackson?s thespian ambitions, telling reporters at the pre-UFC 102 press conference that he ?hope its not true?.

"Rampage wants to be a movie star,? He's up for it, and he talked to me, he wants to do this thing, and he's like, 'Listen, man, this is really important to me...there's some sentimental value here for me, me and my Dad grew up watching The A-Team together and we loved it,?? White explained.

"I said, 'Guess what Rashad Evans is thinking about right now? He's thinking about beating your ****in? ****. He's not sitting around thinking about him and his mom used to watch the ****in? 'Love Boat' together, and he wants to get the role of 'Isaac the Bartender'...you know what I mean??

But White may be fighting a losing battle on this one, as Hollywood is increasingly drawing UFC fighters into its sphere.

Randy Couture appeared in The Scorpion King, while Roger Huerta is turning down a new UFC contract to concentrate on acting and this week, UFC heavyweight Heath Herring announced similar plans.

Dana is the boss but Quinton is his own man, If Rampage doesn;t preform then ok get upset then but if he does preform what the hell are you mad for? doesn't make any since other then Dana is a cry baby if its not his way its really sad..like the EA thing if a fighter goes to EA they won't be in the UFC again..think about this.its the bigest bluff b'cause if some of your better fighters go and you drop their contract what are you left with? the man uses bully tacktics to get what he wants andwhen it doesn't go his way he throws a fit and bad mouths the other parties involved like a 5 year old,man I mean I respect the guy from the buisness standpoint for helping MMA come to what it is but he needs to get over himself.

Would you want your movie star attempting to be a pro UFC fighter during filming with the risk of getting his face f-ed up? No. If it was not going to interfere with his CONTRACT then it wouldn't be any big deal, but when you sign a contract you need to perform, and you sure the hell can't be expecting to chance the main event of a multi-million dollar fight night when you have a contract in place with that company. Doing your own thing is good, more support to Rampage, but you can't let it interfere with the schedule and contract thats already in place.

If this fight hasn't been mad official and signed off on, then more power to him. Otherwise business is business, and you have to do what you have to do, even if it makes you look like an *******.

The way you make it sound like Quinton is on the set right now and their about to put the final touches on the film itself ,chances are the movie won't start filming for some time if their still casting it,and his fight with Evans will probably come before the movie starts filming,Rampage is one of Dana's bigger named fighters his character and personality draws people in now if Dana wants to run somthing like that off by being a d*ck thats his decsion but its foolish just let the man be..Heath Herring (sp) although he's not nearly as marketable or as valuable a fighter as Rampage might be he's making a movie also but you don't hear anything being said from White and Herring is still under contract its kinda hypicritical to me.

White?s response to Jackson?

?Guess what Rashad Evans is thinking about right now? He?s thinking about beating your f--king ****. OK? He?s not sitting around thinking about how him and his mom used to watch ?The Love Boat? together and he wants to get the role of Isaac the Bartender. Get a f--king grip dude.

Man, I love Dana fookin White!!

rofl.gif

Archived