Silva vs Fedor Talk Heating Up Again

tuf1_

In a press conference this week Franklin McNeil asked Fedor what he thought about a fight with Anderson Silva and the possibility actually seems more likely now than ever. Both fighters have three fights on their contract meaning they will both likely be free agents sometime next fall. With Anderson moving up in weight and talking about taking on some heavy weights how possible is this fight? Fedor could also easily make 205 and when Fedor's contract is up there will sure to be more pressure for him to join the UFC. Dana will throw a ton of money at them and to avoid fighting Machida and Lesnar I see them taking the fight. What do you guys think?

Fedor won't drop to 205 it would be to hard at his age,I love Fedor and if they could find a catch weight it would be awsome but I doubt it'll ever happen, If Fedor drops down to 205 it'll likly effect his cardio might be hard for him to adapt I don't see Anderson Silva with his frame moving up to HW and doing very well either..on paper it would be awesome but unlikly,+when Silvas contract expires he's said he's retiring, and when Fedors Retires I'm sure he'll end up back in Pride

grow up faster please

Oh, I'm terribly sorry for having a sense of humour. On a serious note, I agree with what is said above about Fedor struggling to get the weight cut and Anderson not really having the frame to fight heavyweights. If it were to happen it's one I can't see Silva winning, Fedor's judo and jiu-jitsu are very good and we've seen in the past that this can be used to neutralise Silva somewhat (Henderson and Lutter).

Oh' date=' I'm terribly sorry for having a sense of humour. On a serious note, I agree with what is said above about Fedor struggling to get the weight cut and Anderson not really having the frame to fight heavyweights. If it were to happen it's one I can't see Silva winning, Fedor's judo and jiu-jitsu are very good and we've seen in the past that this can be used to neutralise Silva somewhat (Henderson and Lutter).[/quote']

+1

Whos ready for a Strikefarce UFC throwdown? Let each of these fighters get one more fight under their belts. Have a non Belt inter promotional event. opens up M-1 eyes plus test the Fedor waters. This would be a landslide opportunity for Fedor. He would be able to come down in weight but not have to hit 205 directly. Gives Silva time to prepare his weight correctly too. I give Fedor the advantage but Silva the win. Then like Kimbo, you dont even have to pay Fedor the contract. His hopes are already squashed. Now because of M-1 getting him to sign with Strikeforce He will never get the UFC contract because well, he dosen't deserve it. Only downfall is Fedor wins, then UFC alsmost has to sign him for the beatdown from Brock!

Oh' date=' I'm terribly sorry for having a sense of humour. On a serious note, I agree with what is said above about Fedor struggling to get the weight cut and Anderson not really having the frame to fight heavyweights. If it were to happen it's one I can't see Silva winning, Fedor's judo and jiu-jitsu are very good and we've seen in the past that this can be used to neutralise Silva somewhat (Henderson and Lutter).[/quote']

Didn't both of those guys lose? Shoulda used Takase. I think Marquardt and Takase did a better job than both of them to be honest but they go early stand ups. I'm a huge Hendo fan he's my favorite fighter right behind Wanderlei but he did minimal damage. He's better than that.

To the guy who said Fedor would take this fight to avoid fighting Brock or Machida... why would he duck either of them if he joined the ufc? If he was in the UFC he'd fight Brock.

As for Anderson not having the frame to fight HWs, he already said he'd fight Fedor at HW and he'd walk in about 225lbs.

Fedor Vs Anderson = Fedor suplexing Anderson and taking an arm or Anderson KOing Fedor for the first time

Fedor Vs Brock = Fedor by submission due to staredown

/thread.

Didn't both of those guys lose? Shoulda used Takase. I think Marquardt and Takase did a better job than both of them to be honest but they go early stand ups. I'm a huge Hendo fan he's my favorite fighter right behind Wanderlei but he did minimal damage. He's better than that.

To the guy who said Fedor would take this fight to avoid fighting Brock or Machida... why would he duck either of them if he joined the ufc? If he was in the UFC he'd fight Brock.

As for Anderson not having the frame to fight HWs' date=' he already said he'd fight Fedor at HW and he'd walk in about 225lbs.

Fedor Vs Anderson = Fedor suplexing Anderson and taking an arm or Anderson KOing Fedor for the first time

Fedor Vs Brock = Fedor by submission due to staredown

/thread.[/quote']

Yeah they got beaten by him, everyone in the UFC has thus far, but Lutter gained mount on Silva and was looking dominant until he ****ed up an arm-bar. As for Henderson, he took him down and controlled him for a bit. Fedor has the ability to do both these things as well as being a fantastic striker. Anderson would be on the backfoot the entire fight in my opinion.

In a press conference this week Franklin McNeil asked Fedor what he thought about a fight with Anderson Silva and the possibility actually seems more likely now than ever. Both fighters have three fights on their contract meaning they will both likely be free agents sometime next fall. With Anderson moving up in weight and talking about taking on some heavy weights how possible is this fight? Fedor could also easily make 205 and when Fedor's contract is up there will sure to be more pressure for him to join the UFC. Dana will throw a ton of money at them and to avoid fighting Machida and Lesnar I see them taking the fight. What do you guys think?

it wil never happen

Its not that he doesn't want to fight the cream of the crop. He's said and shown repeatedly that he does, but i just don't think he cares about it right now. He's taking less money to go with an organization who's leader doesn't publicly insult him.

Not to mention, he probably still holds the PRIDE situation against Dana and the UFC. PRIDE was a second home to Fedor and other fighers, like CroCop.. When the UFC bought them and promised to expand the organization, they decided to just shut them down.

Its not that he doesn't want to fight the cream of the crop. He's said and shown repeatedly that he does' date=' but i just don't think he cares about it right now. He's taking less money to go with an organization who's leader doesn't publicly insult him.

Not to mention, he probably still holds the PRIDE situation against Dana and the UFC. PRIDE was a second home to Fedor and other fighers, like CroCop.. When the UFC bought them and promised to expand the organization, they decided to just shut them down.[/quote']

Luckily though for us Pride fans the org. is back I hope that when his contract expires the last emperor will return to pride.

I think we should have a royal rumble between Silva' date=' Machida, Brock, Fedor, Mir, GSP, and Penn. (And possibly a bear).[/quote']

Good call. I'd pay to see that, but only if the bear is in there.....

I like the sound of this. Throw in Darth Vader and a shark then we have ourselves a royal rumble.

The sharks have to have lasers attached to their heads.

grow up faster please

STFU!

In all seriousness though....the fight will probably never happen. Fedor wouldn't take the risk. Actually I kinda hope Rogers knocks him out in the first minute like he did to Andre. Then his stock will plummet and won't have the same options as he's had in the past. Meaning Uncle Fester can sign him to whatever he wants. Just gotta wait and see.

Fedor won't drop to 205 it would be to hard at his age' date='I love Fedor and if they could find a catch weight it would be awsome but I doubt it'll ever happen, If Fedor drops down to 205 it'll likly effect his cardio might be hard for him to adapt I don't see Anderson Silva with his frame moving up to HW and doing very well either..on paper it would be awesome but unlikly,+when Silvas contract expires he's said he's retiring, and when Fedors Retires [b']I'm sure he'll end up back in Pride[/b]

The UFC purchased PRIDE. Thats how they got all these fighters from there, Wand, Shogun, Big Nog, and now Little Nog apparently.

As for Silva making HW, or Fedor dropping to LHW, I couldnt care less. If they fight, very HUGE if, then it will be marked as the biggest fight ever in MMA. Id watch it, and so would everyone else. Just dont see it happening.

Yeah they got beaten by him' date=' [b']everyone in the UFC has thus far, but Lutter gained mount on Silva [/b]and was looking dominant until he ****ed up an arm-bar. As for Henderson, he took him down and controlled him for a bit. Fedor has the ability to do both these things as well as being a fantastic striker. Anderson would be on the backfoot the entire fight in my opinion.

Turn that around.

Fedor won't drop to 205 it would be to hard at his age' date='I love Fedor and if they could find a catch weight it would be awsome but I doubt it'll ever happen, If Fedor drops down to 205 it'll likly effect his cardio might be hard for him to adapt I don't see Anderson Silva with his frame moving up to HW and doing very well either..on paper it would be awesome but unlikly,+when Silvas contract expires he's said he's retiring, [b']and when Fedors Retires I'm sure he'll end up back in Pride[/b]

What do you mean ''back in pride''.. (pride doesnt exist)

Originally Posted by oxymoron5k

I think we should have a royal rumble between Silva, Machida, Brock, Fedor, Mir, GSP, and Penn. (And possibly a bear)

I like the sound of this. Throw in Darth Vader and a shark then we have ourselves a royal rumble.

I laughed so hard when I read this, thanks guys that was funny.

:D

Fedor won't drop to 205 it would be to hard at his age' date='I love Fedor and if they could find a catch weight it would be awsome but I doubt it'll ever happen, If Fedor drops down to 205 it'll likly effect his cardio might be hard for him to adapt I don't see Anderson Silva with his frame moving up to HW and doing very well either..on paper it would be awesome but unlikly,+when Silvas contract expires he's said he's retiring, and when Fedors Retires I'm sure he'll end up back in Pride[/quote']

Pride is defunct, UFC owns it and it no longer holds events in Japan.

• 2 weeks later...
They bought pride and shut it down Pridefc is its own Promotion now seperate from UFC I think Dana and the other guy that owns UFC has stock in it but Pride for the most part is its own buisness.

As far I know and from what I read, the former owners of PRIDE and its employees (after being bought off by the UFC) started DREAM.

I think Silva could outstrike Fedor, but if something lands, I know for a fact Silva has never been hit by anyone the way Fedor hits. On the ground it's a hard call, but I think I give fedor and edge. His combat sambo is hard to deal with, even for solid jits guys. I think his ground and pound would be the biggest factor though. Fedor's ground and pound is scary, it's on a level like nothing else.

Fedor beat by Silva and Brock??

Can i have some of what you've been smoking in your crib?

Anderson silva would cave fedors face in who has fedor ever fought in his protected career he's only fought cans and a overrated cro cop who got put on gonzagas highlight reel and a overrated nog who frank mir beat down and ko'd him for the first time in his career

Anderson silva would cave fedors face in who has fedor ever fought in his protected career he's only fought cans and a overrated cro cop who got put on gonzagas highlight reel and a overrated nog who frank mir beat down and ko'd him for the first time in his career

Fedor would eat the Spider!Nuff said!

I don't think anyone in MMA could out strike Anderson.
And that's why Fedor would take him to the ground and annihilate him there.

Look how Fedor destroyed Nogueira on the ground. Could Silva do better? Haha, not really. Perhaps he'd be able to avoid such humiliation, but that's all.

You misunderstand me' date=' when I said "everyone in the UFC has thus far" I meant "Yeah they got beaten by him, everyone in the UFC has thus far", not that everyone has mounted him![/quote']

Yeah... I knew that...

I SUCK... Sorry brotha.

Archived