Couture/Nogieura-best HW ever?

joshdfs

stupid question i think no offense meant but couture is already obviously the best ufc heavyweight noguera couldnt even be considered what is this his fourth fight in the octogon

Is this guy f*cking serious? You're opinion license has been revoked.

Nogiuera is the 2nd best HW in history behind Fedor. That's my opinion and a pretty popular opinion among experts. Nogiuera was dominant in his early career and Pride until Fedor came along.

I think both fighters are past their prime and i's kind of like pitting Wanderlei & Chuck against each other. We still don't know who the better of the 2 was when they were in their prime.

Would you consider the winner of this fight' date=' considering their respective careers, the best UFC HW fighter of all time? (to this point)

I am of course leaving out Fedor because of his absence from the UFC.[/quote']

if nog wins no i wouldn't consider him the best. didnt nog and fedor fight and was a draw or something

stupid question i think no offense meant but couture is already obviously the best ufc heavyweight noguera couldnt even be considered what is this his fourth fight in the octogon

Well Nogy does have more wins in his career than randy has total fights, and is like 13 years younger. If you are only considering UFC fights then it is Randy hands down, but over the entire career it is not so clear cut.

And that means what? Wanderlei fought for his title a total of 3 times in Pride. Would you not consider him one of the best and most dominant fighters of all time?

I'm not taking anything away from Randy but personally, I think he's over rated.

And I just find it funny that somebody would be as ignorant to base Nogiuera's 32-5 record off of his 4 fights in the UFC to determine he shouldn't be considered one of the best of all time. By popular expert analasys he is the 2nd best HW of all time behind Fedor.

Lol stupid comment by you i think!!! Nogueira is easily considered one of the greatest MMA HW's of all time, above Randy Couture. Nogueira has fought as a HW for pretty much all his career. He established his legacy long before his UFC fights. He has nothing left to prove IMO. He will go down as one of the greatest MMA HW's and a legend of the sport. Randy is a legend of the sport, and im a huge fan. I just think the Big Nog has a far more established HW career. Where as Couture has established his own legacy through other things.

IMO Nogueira is currently the best UFC HW, and also one of the best MMA HW in the world. I dont think he is past it at all, what just because of his loss to Mir? Nahhh its just ridiculous to say he is past it because he lost. He just was ill prepared.

Randy will go down as a pioneer of the sport, a true legend, that helped grow the sport of MMA. He

brock lesnar

Tim Sylvia

Chuck Liddell

Chuck Liddel

Vitor Belfort

Vitor Belfort

Tito Ortiz

Chuck Liddell

Ricco Rodriguez

Josh Barnet

Pedro Rizzo

Pedro Rizzo

Valentijn Overeem

Tsuyoshi Kohsaka

Kevin Randleman

Ryushi Yanagisawa

Jeremy Horn

Mikhail Illoukhine

Enson Inoue

Maurice Smith

Vitor Belfort

Steven Graham

Tony Halme

look who he has fought! a lot of people would be lucky to be 16-9 against them

All I'm gonna say is Mir fight withstanding (ill and out of shape) N0g has never been stopped.

Fedor couldn't put him away, neither could Cro Cop - he was run over by a truck and in a coma for a week as a kid, came through it and became one of the best ever!

In my eyes he's more of a legend than Couture will ever be.

^ I'm in agreement 150%

I find it utterly amazing that anyone would discredit Nogiuera by saying he's only had 4 fights in the UFC. That's the problem with fans who think the UFC is mma.

I mean, Nog has faced Barnett twice, Fedor 3 times, Cro Cop, Herring 3 times, Frank Mir, Fabricio Werdum, Rico Rodriquez, Dan henderson, Mark Coleman, Jeremy Horn... I mean, his list is all as much as impressive as Couture's imo.

I was so hoping Nog would have beaten Mir because I think he poses a much tougher challenge to Lesnar because of his sheer toughness and ability to pull a sub out of thin air. I mean he did survive a freaking truck running him over when he was a child, and is one of very few the mighty Fedor could not finish.

Archived