TUF BRASIL Vs USA or ENGLAND??

Leal47

I would really like to see that they would recruit a lot of good fighters only problem is they would need captions for the Brasilians lol... I think it would be really Entertaining !!

DANA PLEASE MAKE A UFC EVENT AT RIO DE JANEIRO!!!!!

USA would be picked long before England to fight a Brazilian team if it even went through as a show

Neither. I don't like the nation vs. nation format for TUF, it just generates a lot of bad blood and creates dislike for fighters from different countries.

But I do agree the UFC should hold an event in Rio. There are so many great Brazilian fighters that it would be an incredible place to hold an event.

I would really like to see that they would recruit a lot of good fighters only problem is they would need captions for the Brasilians lol... I think it would be really Entertaining !!

DANA PLEASE MAKE A UFC EVENT AT RIO DE JANEIRO!!!!!

us fighters would get destroy by the brazilian fighters .... Unless they can get experience fighters to enter tuf team usa to fight the brazilian team .... Brazil is being doing MMA for so long and there are a lot of good fighters there ...At this point the best american fighters are already in the ufc ( after 10 seasons of tuf) , while this will be like the first season for brazil who is being doing mma for so many years....

I understand the BAD BLOOD part but it would be entertaining making Silva or Machida to be the COACH which i doubt they would accept... Would be awesome!!!

Waking up every morning for Team Machida and having a special glass of victory may not be what every aspiring fighter thinks of doing but hey..he is the champ. :P

Neither. I don't like the nation vs. nation format for TUF' date=' it just generates a lot of bad blood and creates dislike for fighters from different countries.

But I do agree the UFC should hold an event in Rio. There are so many great Brazilian fighters that it would be an incredible place to hold an event.[/quote']

+1

Specially the part in oof an event in Rio... would fly there without a doubt and get to see my first live event.

Waking up every morning for Team Machida and having a special glass of victory may not be what every aspiring fighter thinks of doing but hey..he is the champ. :P

Haha, that's great! Or maybe he could just slip it to the team in the fruit salad... :P

haha +1 but idk' date=' i thought about a brazil vs usa before. but a country vs country is not what mma is really about..[/quote']

I agree completely. It also makes fans put too much stake into a fight, like with Henderson and Bisping. It's not about country vs country at all. MMA should always be about technique vs. technique, regardless of where the technique came from.

Thats would be an interesting TV series for sure, but I agree with some posters that the Team X vs. Team Y format adds an unsavoury nationalistic element to the sport. British fighters seem to get boo'ed excessively by most American UFC fans (OK, Bisping is a total prick and Dan hardy is a tad over-confident) and the nationality based TUF would just make that worse.

As a solo competitor sport, MMA thrives on fighters with interesting individual personalities and throwing the nationality element in there just makes bad blood - we don't want MMA fans acting like the American crowds at the Ryder Cup do we - you're better than that!

However, I reckon UFC should DEFINATELY do a show from Brazil, given that country's contribution to MMA and the popularity of the sport, it should do good business, and perhaps add a little difference to a UFC show without a title defense.

Perhaps a TUF:Brasil series with two top Brazilian fighters (Lyoto, Wandy, Silva, Maia etc) would raise the UFC's stock in that country, and while it perhaps wouldn't draw as well as a conventional TUF series (what proprtion of UFCs fanbase speak Brazilian Portugese?) it would surely be an interesting experiment.

As things move on TUF:UK, TUF:Japan etc. series could become interesting.

Thats would be an interesting TV series for sure' date=' but I agree with some posters that the Team X vs. Team Y format adds an unsavoury nationalistic element to the sport. British fighters seem to get boo'ed excessively by most American UFC fans (OK, Bisping is a total prick and Dan hardy is a tad over-confident) and the nationality based TUF would just make that worse.

As a solo competitor sport, MMA thrives on fighters with interesting individual personalities and throwing the nationality element in there just makes bad blood - we don't want MMA fans acting like the American crowds at the Ryder Cup do we - you're better than that!

However, I reckon UFC should DEFINATELY do a show from Brazil, given that country's contribution to MMA and the popularity of the sport, it should do good business, and perhaps add a little difference to a UFC show without a title defense.

Perhaps a TUF:Brasil series with two top Brazilian fighters (Lyoto, Wandy, Silva, Maia etc) would raise the UFC's stock in that country, and while it perhaps wouldn't draw as well as a conventional TUF series (what proprtion of UFCs fanbase speak Brazilian Portugese?) it would surely be an interesting experiment.

As things move on TUF:UK, TUF:Japan etc. series could become interesting.[/quote']

Good post man i agree!!! This is what makes me sad Brasil has helped MMA so much ESPECIALLY the UFC and Dana tries to underpay Brasilian fighters just because they are from a 3rd world country!!! I think he really needs to make an Event in RIO soon we Brasilians have followed UFC forever and instead of Dana try to make event here in Brasil he is doing in Canada and England i do believe he does that because it is easier for security and to organise.

Good post man i agree!!! This is what makes me sad Brasil has helped MMA so much ESPECIALLY the UFC and Dana tries to underpay Brasilian fighters just because they are from a 3rd world country!!! I think he really needs to make an Event in RIO soon we Brasilians have followed UFC forever and instead of Dana try to make event here in Brasil he is doing in Canada and England i do believe he does that because it is easier for security and to organise.

They had a UFC in Brazil a while back, believe it was Ultimate Brazil, but I agree they should do another one considering much of the top talent comes from Brazil.

Archived