Top 10 Middleweight Rankings

Exodus9mm

Might as well keep this going.....haha. Here's my take on the global Middleweight front.

10. Yoshihiro Akiyama

9. Denis Kang

8. Cung Le

7. Paulo Filho

6. Vitor Belfort

5. Rich Franklin

4. Yushin Okami

3. Nate Marquardt

2. Dan Henderson

1. Anderson Silva

The two and three spot are surely to be debated....hehe.

Might as well keep this going.....haha. Here's my take on the global Middleweight front.

10. Yoshihiro Akiyama

9. Denis Kang

8. Cung Le

7. Paulo Filho

6. Vitor Belfort

5. Rich Franklin

4. Yushin Okami

3. Nate Marquardt

2. Dan Henderson

1. Anderson Silva

Actually pretty much agree with your list and the 2 and 3 statement.

10. Yoshihiro Akiyama

9. Denis Kang

8. Cung Le

7. Paulo Filho

6. Vitor Belfort

5. Rich Franklin

4. Yushin Okami

3. Nate Marquardt

2. Dan Henderson

1. Anderson Silva

I like it. Throw Alan Belcher in tied for tenth IMO. (That was a nice fight) Has Okami fought anyone lately though? What about Le, I'm not real familiar with his fights, any recent good competition? And two and three are definitely a toss up. Where would you throw in Wandi if he comes into play? Bottom of the T10?

I like it. Throw Alan Belcher in tied for tenth IMO. (That was a nice fight) Has Okami fought anyone lately though? What about Le' date=' I'm not real familiar with his fights, any recent good competition? And two and three are definitely a toss up. Where would you throw in Wandi if he comes into play? Bottom of the T10?[/quote']

Okami fights Chael Sonnen at 104. It's been over a year since he last fought, but he's a beast and certainly deserves Top 10 status. Cung Le is 6-0 with 6 KOs over decent competition. I put him on here because of his streak, his undefeated status, and his KO abilities. He needs some stiffer competition for sure, but his future looks bright. Belcher is damn close for sure. A couple of wins over solid comp vaults him onto this list likely. If Wandy comes in, dunno if I can even put him at 10. I'd like nothing more than to see Wandy return to form at MW and end his career with a bang.

10. Yoshihiro Akiyama

9. Denis Kang

8. Cung Le

7. Paulo Filho

6. Vitor Belfort

5. Rich Franklin

4. Yushin Okami

3. Nate Marquardt

2. Dan Henderson

1. Anderson Silva

Are you HIGH!

1.Anderson Silva

2. Nate Marquardt

3. Dan Henderson

4. Yushin Okami

5.Yoshiro Akiyama

6. Gerald Mousasi (He would be higher if he competeted more at 185)

7. Demian Maia

8.Robbie Lawler

9.Denis Kang

10.Jake Shields/Jacare

1. silva

2. marquadt

3. franklin

4. henderson

5. w. silva

6. bisping

7. belfort

8. cote

9. belcher

10. akiyama

How in heck do you have Franklin ahead of Hendo? Marquardt, I may concede, but Franklin? Wandy at 5? First off, he's not here yet, secondly, he's been losing badly. 10th spot, MAYBE. Where is Yushin Okami? He's guaranteed Top 10. Cote is close, but certainly not 8. I respect your opinion, but I'm afraid it was fortified while under the influence of psychotropics. :)

Before anyone mentions a big omission from my list' date=' Rich Franklin is not on there because he is moving up for sure.

1. Silva

2. Henderson

3. Marquardt

4. Okami

5. Belfort

6. Maia

7. Wandy

8. Filho

9. Bisping

10. Akiyama/Belcher(depending on who you think won that fight)[/quote']

Maia is not higher than Filho. No chance. Maia just fought his first real fighter in Marquardt. He's got a few big wins before he cracks the top 10 in my books.

Edit - second real fighter in Sonnen, my bad.

Maia is not higher than Filho. No chance. Maia just fought his first real fighter in Marquardt. He's got a few big wins before he cracks the top 10 in my books.

Edit - second real fighter in Sonnen' date=' my bad.[/quote']

I agree. Maia literally got knocked out of the top ten v Marquardt. If this was a BJJ list he'd be number one, but now you have to question his abitlity to stand and bang. And I don't mean stand and KO people, I just mean he has to prove he can hold his own and compete on his feet. A KO to Nate is not terrible though because he's a great fighter, but the way he got KO'd and the fact he'll have to prove he can give/take a little punishment is needed. Could possibly stick him in the bottom of the top ten, but in no way higher than 8 or 9

Are you HIGH!

1.Anderson Silva

2. Nate Marquardt

3. Dan Henderson

4. Yushin Okami

5.Yoshiro Akiyama

6. Gerald Mousasi (He would be higher if he competeted more at 185)

7. Demian Maia

8.Robbie Lawler

9.Denis Kang

10.Jake Shields/Jacare

With all due respect, you've got Jake Shields, Robbie Lawler and Demian Maia on your list, and NO Paulo Filho. Unexceptable. lol

my top 10 mw

1.anderson silva

2.nate marquardt

3.dan henderson

4.franklin

5.okami

6.cung lee

7.belfort

9.maia

10.akiyama

No Filho? The dude is 17-1, with 8 subs, and 2 kos. He's beaten amazing competition in Melvin Manhoef, Chael Sonnan, Ryo Chonan, Ninja Rua, Joe Doerksen, and Yuki Kondo. He began his career on a 16 fight win streak. This man is automatically on the Top 10 list, Way ahead of Maia, Akiyama and Cung Le.

No Filho? The dude is 17-1' date=' with 8 subs, and 2 kos. He's beaten amazing competition in Melvin Manhoef, Chael Sonnan, Ryo Chonan, Ninja Rua, Joe Doerksen, and Yuki Kondo. He began his career on a 16 fight win streak. This man is automatically on the Top 10 list, Way ahead of Maia, Akiyama and Cung Le.[/quote']

name a relevant MW in Filho's wins?.............

You can't because Filho hasn't fought any top level MW's and got worked by Chael Sonnen. NOT TO MENTION, his obvious drug use on how he exploded in weight since his breakdown. That puts into question his fights in pride because he was more then likely roiding to look that muscular.

LMFAO Ninja isn't a relevant win? Kondo and Chonan are pretty credible as well. Chonan beat everyone's MW idol with the best submission ever. lol.

1. Anderson Silva

2. Dan Henderson

3. Nate Marquardt

4. Yushin Okami

5. Paulo Filho

6. Vitor Belfort

7. Dennis Kang

8. Cung Lee

9. Akiyama

10. Maia

Would be my list, btw. I might throw Jake Shields on there for tie with Maia, too. Cung Lee needs to stop making movies and ****ing fight someone.And no Franklin since he's slowly moving up to LHW with his catch weight fights.

name a relevant MW in Filho's wins?.............

You can't because Filho hasn't fought any top level MW's and got worked by Chael Sonnen. NOT TO MENTION' date=' his obvious drug use on how he exploded in weight since his breakdown. That puts into question his fights in pride because he was more then likely roiding to look that muscular.[/quote']

LOL, you're hilarious dude. I already posted his last 6 wins, which are all definitely relevant competition. You can roid guess all you want, fact is, you have no proof of this - just as I have no proof Todd Duffee munches HGH - and is therfore irrelevant diatribe.

LMFAO Ninja isn't a relevant win? Kondo and Chonan are pretty credible as well. Chonan beat everyone's MW idol with the best submission ever. lol.

1. Anderson Silva

2. Dan Henderson

3. Nate Marquardt

4. Yushin Okami

5. Paulo Filho

6. Vitor Belfort

7. Dennis Kang

8. Cung Lee

9. Akiyama

10. Maia

Would be my list' date=' btw. I might throw Jake Shields on there for tie with Maia, too. Cung Lee needs to stop making movies and ****ing fight someone.[/quote']

True, I could easily concede Cung Le.

Bisping should be on the list' date=' damnit!!!!!! :mad:[/quote']

No he shouldn't.

1. Anderson (no question)

2. Marquardt (more fights than Dan since Silva loss)

3. Hendo (obvious reasons)

4. Mousasi (again obvious)

5. Vitor (falls if he loses to Franklin)

6. Maia (only 1 loss)

7. Filho (17-1, I believe)

8. Okami (see how he is after injuries)

9. Sonnen (solid win over Miller, taking on Okami)

10. Cote (argue and throw things if you want but he would still kill Bisping...)

No he shouldn't.

6. Maia (only 1 loss)

7. Filho (17-1' date=' I believe)

10. Cote (argue and throw things if you want but he would still kill Bisping...)[/quote']

Solid picks all round. Personally, I can't place Maia that high, even though he was undefeated. His caliber of competition has been relatively weak, and the first big name, KOs him in 21 seconds. Other than that, the rest are easily debateable as holding a spot on the list.

No he shouldn't.

6. Maia (only 1 loss)

7. Filho (17-1' date=' I believe)

10. Cote (argue and throw things if you want but he would still kill Bisping...)[/quote']

I can dig it all except Maia. That one loss was a big, emphatic loss. He has to prove he can hand with the big boys b4 he cracks top ten. He's beat and competed with really no one in near top 10. I think he has talent, but he took a big step back... with his feet out from under him...

Solid picks all round. Personally' date=' I can't place Maia that high, even though he was undefeated. His caliber of competition has been relatively weak, and the first big name, KOs him in 21 seconds. Other than that, the rest are easily debateable as holding a spot on the list.[/quote']

I can dig it all except Maia. That one loss was a big' date=' emphatic loss. He has to prove he can hand with the big boys b4 he cracks top ten. He's beat and competed with really no one in near top 10. I think he has talent, but he took a big step back... with his feet out from under him...[/quote']

OK so switch Filho and Maia. Either way one loss to a guy higher on the list shouldn't bump you down that far......unless you're Bisping. Be thankful I didn't put McFedries on there just for kicks......lol.....

Mousasi fights at 205...? Or was he formerly a 185er? Am I missing something?

He's fought and won at both.

OK so switch Filho and Maia. Either way one loss to a guy higher on the list shouldn't bump you down that far......unless you're Bisping...

A "competitvie" loss would bump you down far. A real bad loss like that can do that though. He's definitely a talented guy, but he opened the door for plenty of questions to be asked, for sure too many to be top ten at the moment. He's got a little redeeming ahead of him...

A "competitvie" loss would bump you down far. A real bad loss like that can do that though. He's definitely a talented guy' date=' but he opened the door for plenty of questions to be asked, for sure too many to be top ten at the moment. He's got a little redeeming ahead of him...[/quote']

meant a competitive loss wouldn't bump you down far....

LOL' date=' you're hilarious dude. I already posted his last 6 wins, which are all definitely relevant competition. You can roid guess all you want, fact is, you have no proof of this - just as I have no proof Todd Duffee munches HGH - and is therfore irrelevant diatribe.[/quote']

It's easy to tell that he roided. In Pride he was completely ripped to the nines then his doerksen fight in the WEC he was chubby followed by getting more and more chubby.

^ yeah that was pretty entertaining. As a judo practitioner' date=' I ****ing LOVE Fedor's Sambo throws. Mousasi is a beast, too.[/quote']

I think Judo seems to be almost a dying art in MMA, and I don't know why. It'd be the first fundamental art I'd study if I were training to get into MMA. Followed by Muay Thai and BJJ.

I'm too big of a baseball fan to get brought into the roid arguement lol. I say innocent until you test positive. Obviously you can tell most results by looking at people, but thats not always the case. I just don't think its right to say somebody did or didn't use them based on appearance. You don't have to look like Hulk to have been on steriods, and you don't have to be on steriods to get big, especially if its part of your job. Just give credit to putting in time at the gym until you know for sure someone is guilty. Its really the only way to go because you never know for sure...

Yeah I trained Muay Thai as well as Judo and I think Judo is a very solid gateway into jiu jitsu because it incorperates submissions as well. If my back was't so f**ked I might still be training and possibly try to compete in MMA in a few years. Too small for UFC but I could always have hoped for the BW or FW division in WEC lol.

Yeah I trained Muay Thai as well as Judo and I think Judo is a very solid gateway into jiu jitsu because it incorperates submissions as well. If my back was't so f**ked I might still be training and possibly try to compete in MMA in a few years. Too small for UFC but I could always have hoped for the BW or FW division in WEC lol.

Well seeing that I'd have to hang with GSP and Fitch, I pretty much see no point in striving for the UFC, lol. Regardless of how far you go, the main thing is that it's fun and good for your health. Unless your Forrest Griffin, in which case, it made him insane.

Well seeing that I'd have to hang with GSP and Fitch' date=' I pretty much see no point in striving for the UFC, lol. Regardless of how far you go, the main thing is that it's fun and good for your health. Unless your Forrest Griffin, in which case, it made him insane.[/quote']

LOL who knows if you're young enough you could get to that level some day. Hell, I'm only 21 (going on 22 the 23rd of this month :'( )

I trained Muay Thai for 3 years, Judo for 1 year (#2 in the state youth championship was pretty fun) and boxing for 9 months (before I decided to go for Muay Thai). I'm no Jon Jones at 21 lol but I think if my back was healthy I could do pretty well. I'd wait about 2 years before competing, though. Just try to come in with some experience cause I'd have to work my wrestling and BJJ.

Dude' date=' if you can do it, do it. I just fought amature stuff and its a fing blast man. If I wasn't married with two kids I'd try to make something happen to at least make a couple hundred a fight doing low level pro stuff as a "part time job" lol. Well worth it if you have the free time. Its a rush...[/quote']

Well the problem is I have 3 curves and some pretty bad nerve damage in my spine. I might need some surgery on it so I'll be lucky if I can ever train or compete again.

Nog is my inspiration right now. If he can get his spine crushed by a truck and go on to be one of the GOAT maybe I can at least train again some day.

Well the problem is I have 3 curves and some pretty bad nerve damage in my spine. I might need some surgery on it so I'll be lucky if I can ever train or compete again.

Nog is my inspiration right now. If he can get his spine crushed by a truck and go on to be one of the GOAT maybe I can at least train again some day.

Hopefully you recover brother, and pursue what you love. Positive thinking and personal motivation can make it happen. Cheers.

Archived