Sign in to follow this  
jerimie27

Anderson Silva has become a ego driven monster.

As good as he is it's becoming a problem both 4 the fans and UFC brass. He is holding the orginazation hostage. His comments that he wont fight Machida at 205 and now won't fight Dan henderson at 185 is just getting riduclious. This man has lost interest in the sport that has made him who he is. Releasing a statement awhile ago that he now wants to fight Roy Jones Jr. and retire from MMA. if so then do it dont act like a great guy willing to do anything at pre and post fight conferences and turn around and be a DIVA behind the curtain. I've had it with him and dislike him more by the day........................................Whata ya think everyone? let me hear ya.

As good as he is it's becoming a problem both 4 the fans and UFC brass. He is holding the orginazation hostage. His comments that he wont fight Machida at 205 and now won't fight Dan henderson at 185 is just getting riduclious. This man has lost interest in the sport that has made him who he is. Releasing a statement awhile ago that he now wants to fight Roy Jones Jr. and retire from MMA. if so then do it dont act like a great guy willing to do anything at pre and post fight conferences and turn around and be a DIVA behind the curtain. I've had it with him and dislike him more by the day........................................Whata ya think everyone? let me hear ya.

+1 if he wanted to fight the best then why would he fight old a$$ roy jones? him and machida should just take their tampons out and fight each other thats what they get paid for I liked silva when he first messed up rich's nose with those knees but other than that he is just a waste of time.... let him retire

+1 if he wanted to fight the best then why would he fight old a$$ roy jones? him and machida should just take their tampons out and fight each other thats what they get paid for I liked silva when he first messed up rich's nose with those knees but other than that he is just a waste of time.... let him retire

I am yet to hear Machida say he would not face Silva....

imagine being better than every person you ever compete with. if you can't understand how boring that must be for him then you must've sucked at everything your entire life. not having any comeptition, whether it's fighting or bowling or golf or whatever, would be very dull. he's bored at 185. he doesn't want machida, so he said he would fight someone at heavyweight. so what if he doesn't want machida, he's still looking for competition...

i definitely agree with you. its not good for the sport. hes acting very selfish and is becoming a prima donna. i said this in another thread already but he is acting like he is the ufc's employer not the other way around. since when is it up to him who he fights. henderson and marquardt are worthy contenders and deserve their shots at the title. i dont care if he has beat them already. i like the champs who say i will fight anyone they put in front of me.

imagine being better than every person you ever compete with. if you can't understand how boring that must be for him then you must've sucked at everything your entire life. not having any comeptition' date=' whether it's fighting or bowling or golf or whatever, would be very dull. he's bored at 185. he doesn't want machida, so he said he would fight someone at heavyweight. so what if he doesn't want machida, he's still looking for competition...[/quote']

if he is bored at 185 vacate the title and let someone who is not bored with it have a chance. i would have a lot more respect for him if he did that.

if he is bored at 185 vacate the title and let someone who is not bored with it have a chance. i would have a lot more respect for him if he did that.

+1. And I don't believe he would be bored facing Hendo or Marquardt, either. Those would both be great fights.

+1. And I don't believe he would be bored facing Hendo or Marquardt' date=' either. Those would both be great fights.[/quote']

i disagree. niether of these two can beat him regardless of whether its a good fight.

i disagree. niether of these two can beat him regardless of whether its a good fight.

Both of them have a reasonable chance of winning. Hendo pressed him hard in their first fight, and Marquardt has been improving since he lost in their first match and would be a much tough opponent now. I don't think you can say that Anderson is more dominant at MW than the other belt holders are in their divisions, and even if he was, he still has obligations to defend his title.

Silva said he wants to fight the best but htat was obviously a lie.

he's already started his assult on 205. just because he doesn't want to fight machida (which i dont agree with) doesn't mean he isn't out there upping his level of competition. might want to see who he's set up with for his next fight before you go down that road. forrest was the best guy he's fough to date, and he's going to keep stepping it up. no one saw that fight being THAT easy for him...

Both of them have a reasonable chance of winning. Hendo pressed him hard in their first fight' date=' and Marquardt has been improving since he lost in their first match and would be a much tough opponent now. I don't think you can say that Anderson is more dominant at MW than the other belt holders are in their divisions, and even if he was, he still has obligations to defend his title.[/quote']

it took him ONE round to figure out hendo's game and beat him, and yes, based on his number of title defenses I can say he has been more dominant with that being proof. marquadt has without a doubt improved, but he is not at silva's level... period

imagine being better than every person you ever compete with. if you can't understand how boring that must be for him then you must've sucked at everything your entire life. not having any comeptition' date=' whether it's fighting or bowling or golf or whatever, would be very dull. he's bored at 185. he doesn't want machida, so he said he would fight someone at heavyweight. so what if he doesn't want machida, he's still looking for competition...[/quote']

Lol bad argument. There is ALWAYS a few people in each sport that are completely on another level. ALWAYS. These are the people that lesser competitors look up to, that up and comers aspire to be like. If he had any passion at all for the sport of MMA, he would fight/perform against whoever is put in front of him. He is starting to annoy me now, the fact that he is dictating who he fights... I hate it. I mean take Fedor for example, he fights anyone put in front of him (dont bring up the fact he didnt come to the ufc, there were other factors involved as to why he didnt). He has been dominating fighters for ages, sure he has had far more wars aswell. But he has been tearing through opponent after opponent, no matter who is put in front of him. He has NEVER, EVER dictated who he will fight. He will fight whoever. Which is why i respect him alot. He shows he is still passionate about the sport. Silva on the other hand... I completely agree with the thread, his ego is getting far to big.

Lol bad argument. There is ALWAYS a few people in each sport that are completely on another level. ALWAYS. These are the people that lesser competitors look up to' date=' that up and comers aspire to be like. If he had any passion at all for the sport of MMA, he would fight/perform against whoever is put in front of him. He is starting to annoy me now, the fact that he is dictating who he fights... I hate it. I mean take Fedor for example, he fights anyone put in front of him (dont bring up the fact he didnt come to the ufc, there were other factors involved as to why he didnt). He has been dominating fighters for ages, sure he has had far more wars aswell. But he has been tearing through opponent after opponent, no matter who is put in front of him. He has NEVER, EVER dictated who he will fight. He will fight whoever. Which is why i respect him alot. He shows he is still passionate about the sport. Silva on the other hand... I completely agree with the thread, his ego is getting far to big.[/quote']

+ infinity.

I would really love it if Dana really pushed the Machida issue and Silva said screw it and retired! Integrity still does mean something to some of us. I wouldn't fight anyone I consider to be my brother and best friend, regardless of what my boss, fans(lol, if I had any) or the press said. No one would expect the Nogiuera brothers to fight. I mean the Shamrocks would but they are d-bags of the highest order.

Silva has 3 fights left in his career, he has said so and I believe it, why would anyone begrudge him for trying to reap the best possible rewards from his final fights, and still keep his integrity. I wouldn't have an issue with him giving up the belt and fighting LHW twice and against Randy in his final fight. But id he wants to retire as MW champ then give him fighters he hasn't already beaten. W. Silva, Belfort, bring back Nick Diaz and Robbie Lawler.

And Fedor being partial Owner of M-1, his primary fight promotion for several years, means that yes he does decide who he fights and also explains that when someone is named to be his next opponent they magically jump 3 or 4 spots up the rankings! The man who runs the business side of M-1, who places the ranking numbers on fighters, is also Fedor's manager and business partner. Honestly who has Rogers beaten that was worthy of him getting a top 10, much less a top 5 ranking?

Machida is his training partner. In other words, Anderson owes Machida his success, and Anderson already knows the result if they were to fight, so the fight is neither ethical nor interesting for him.

I would really love it if Dana really pushed the Machida issue and Silva said screw it and retired! Integrity still does mean something to some of us. I wouldn't fight anyone I consider to be my brother and best friend, regardless of what my boss, fans(lol, if I had any) or the press said. No one would expect the Nogiuera brothers to fight. I mean the Shamrocks would but they are d-bags of the highest order.

Silva has 3 fights left in his career, he has said so and I believe it, why would anyone begrudge him for trying to reap the best possible rewards from his final fights, and still keep his integrity. I wouldn't have an issue with him giving up the belt and fighting LHW twice and against Randy in his final fight. But id he wants to retire as MW champ then give him fighters he hasn't already beaten. W. Silva, Belfort, bring back Nick Diaz and Robbie Lawler.[/Q

There has been other fighters who are friends and still fought. Why can't Anderson and Lyoto fight, and if Anderson does not want to fight in the middleweight division anymore then he should just move on.

Also why would you expect the Nogiuera brothers fight? They are actually brothers compared to Anderson and Lyoto.

I hate when people make it sound like silva is a prima dona...

Lets put it this way silva only has 3 fights left thats it... He wants to fight the best so why WASTE two fights against 2 guys he has already beat ... How motiviated can you get if 2 out of your 3 fights are against guys you already face and guys that havent improved a whole lot... Sure nate and hendo are better but not that much better , its not like they are in a whole different level...

The man wants competition so let him fight the winner or henderson and nate .. Put him against a top LHW contender and then let him fight someone new at middleweight , someone like belford as his last fight.. Or in any case put randy couture to fight him as his last fight..

If silva was going to be in the ufc for a lot longer then sure bu he is only there for 3 fights... I know some people think dana can just buy him to have more fights but until he does silva only has 3 fights left...

lol bad argument. There is always a few people in each sport that are completely on another level. Always. These are the people that lesser competitors look up to' date=' that up and comers aspire to be like. If he had any passion at all for the sport of mma, he would fight/perform against whoever is put in front of him. He is starting to annoy me now, the fact that he is dictating who he fights... I hate it. I mean take fedor for example, he fights anyone put in front of him (dont bring up the fact he didnt come to the ufc, there were other factors involved as to why he didnt). He has been dominating fighters for ages, sure he has had far more wars aswell. But he has been tearing through opponent after opponent, no matter who is put in front of him. He has never, ever dictated who he will fight. He will fight whoever. Which is why i respect him alot. He shows he is still passionate about the sport. Silva on the other hand... I completely agree with the thread, his ego is getting far to big.[/quote']

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow try to look from the fighters point of view he currently weighs 220 is looking for a good fight he suggested Hendo to fight Nate and he would fight the winner. He doesn't want to cut weight to 185 fight Hendo Whoop him go back to 205 to PLEASE you cry babys Whoop whoever come back down to 185 to fight Nate.. HENDO AND NATE should fight for the title shot they both got destroyed and have fought nothing but scrubs so they should fight each other.

You people sure talk alot for having no clue about whats ACTUALLY going on in someones head. Your not one of the best fighters in the world and never will be, so how about you dont tell one what to do. You dont know that half of how it would feel to be in that position, so feel free to stop complaining like a child and a spoiled fan.

Henderson should deffinatly fight Marquardt to find the true number 1 contender. Is that not what you do when there is no clear number 1? Some people say Dan is, some people say Nate is...Hmmm, maybe they should fight so we can know for sure. Simple. Winner fights Anderson.

BTW, Anderson will destroy Nate again, he just mutilated Forrest, Nate is a big guy, he could fight 205 if he wanted too. Do you think he could do that to Forsest? Did not think so.

it took him ONE round to figure out hendo's game and beat him' date=' and yes, based on his number of title defenses I can say he has been more dominant with that being proof. marquadt has without a doubt improved, but he is not at silva's level... period[/quote']

It took ONE round for Henderson to forget his gameplan. Hmmmmm... let's see, I took him down and controlled him rather easily in the first..........I think I'll come out throwing bombs against the best striker in the game in the second.

It took ONE round for Henderson to forget his gameplan. Hmmmmm... let's see' date=' I took him down and controlled him rather easily in the first..........I think I'll come out throwing bombs against the best striker in the game in the second.[/quote']

I agree, Hendo gassed too. Also Hendo is one of the few ppl to win a round against silva

Silva wont fight Machida because he knows he will lose and he is far too in love with his godlike image. (ego..like tc said) hes ducking competition while running his mouth about it. Just because a man beats a man once doesnt automatically mean he will again. And why isnt he signing fights against upper level competition?? his last two title defences were a joke...and forest was knocked out..sure..but forrest is a fan favorite and not elite competition.

They want to make Brasil Shine!!! and i love that i hope they don't fight they are friends and will hold the belt for a long time!!! AND SILVA will not retire its just a strategy move to get paid!!! DANA holds back on paying the Brasilians!!! AND They make the shows

You people sure talk alot for having no clue about whats ACTUALLY going on in someones head. Your not one of the best fighters in the world and never will be' date=' so how about you dont tell one what to do. You dont know that half of how it would feel to be in that position, so feel free to stop complaining like a child and a spoiled fan.

Henderson should deffinatly fight Marquardt to find the true number 1 contender. Is that not what you do when there is no clear number 1? Some people say Dan is, some people say Nate is...Hmmm, maybe they should fight so we can know for sure. Simple. Winner fights Anderson.

BTW, Anderson will destroy Nate again, he just mutilated Forrest, Nate is a big guy, he could fight 205 if he wanted too. Do you think he could do that to Forsest? Did not think so.[/quote']

Dan was told it was he that was in line.. now anderson says no he needs to fight nate! I dont think so pal thats not how it goes i'm sorry but u know he has gotten out of hand.

Why should he fight Hendo??? Because Hendo KO Bisping?? Nah Nate needs to Fight Hendo and winner gets tittle shot Anderson should not have to drop down on weight twice from LHW to fight these Noobs

Why should he fight Hendo??? Because Hendo KO Bisping?? Nah Nate needs to Fight Hendo and winner gets tittle shot Anderson should not have to d

rop down on weight twice from LHW to fight these Noobs[/QUOT

Defending your title is part of being a champion if he isnt fighting people that have earned a shot because he doesnt want to cut weight or cant then VACATE the belt...

Silva wont fight Machida because he knows he will lose and he is far too in love with his godlike image. (ego..like tc said) hes ducking competition while running his mouth about it. Just because a man beats a man once doesnt automatically mean he will again. And why isnt he signing fights against upper level competition?? his last two title defences were a joke...and forest was knocked out..sure..but forrest is a fan favorite and not elite competition.

obviously you dont know a thing about mma or ufc..

Anderson silva avoiding competion LOL what a moron

So now its andersons fault he had to fight leites and cote LOL please dude ... If silva was avoiding competition he wouldnt be fighting a bigger weight class. ... Only reason silva does not want to fight henderson and then nate is that he already beat these two.. Hendo in the second round and nate in the first round .. so yea ...

Silva wants new challenges , the only person in the whole ufc he won fight is machida because they train together , which makes some sense... Its not like silva is saying i won fight machida because he is too good , they train together simple as that...

If anderson wants competition so give it to him , he is not avoiding LHW and he is even willing to fight HW

Why should he fight Hendo??? Because Hendo KO Bisping?? Nah Nate needs to Fight Hendo and winner gets tittle shot Anderson should not have to d

rop down on weight twice from LHW to fight these Noobs[/QUOT

Defending your title is part of being a champion if he isnt fighting people that have earned a shot because he doesnt want to cut weight or cant then VACATE the belt...

HE want's to fight the winner of Hendo and Nate why would Hendo not want to do it? Nate deserves it just as much as him

50% thinks he should fight hendo the other 50% think he should fight nate therefore there is not a clear number 1 contender... These two need to fight to make things clear simple as that

50% thinks he should fight hendo the other 50% think he should fight nate therefore there is not a clear number 1 contender... These two need to fight to make things clear simple as that

And that's the truth!

Why should he fight Hendo??? Because Hendo KO Bisping?? Nah Nate needs to Fight Hendo and winner gets tittle shot Anderson should not have to drop down on weight twice from LHW to fight these Noobs

Agreed.

Coming from a Machida fan, (more a fan of his style and talent,) Silva doesn't fear Machida. I believe Silva would take Machida.

1. Same size.

2. He has reach advantage.

3. He has one-shot KO power.

4. He seems just a bit more telepathic.

So I doubt it's out of fear he's not fighting him. If anything, he may just not want to beat his friend.

I f Shogun defeats Machida though, I believe Silva would pay money to fight him for the belt. And I'd pay money to see it.

I want to say Silva is a true warrior and is just looking for real competition, but him copping out on going to the ground against Leites kind of rules that out for me. Maybe he just wants better stand up competition.

AS far as the whole UFC brass thing goes, it's like the shoe's on the other foot with Silva and Fedor. Two fighters that get to jerk White & Co. around. A bit entertaining in itself.

I agree Silva while talented is starting to be more of a pain then he's worth, I say if he's scared to fight Henderson then strip him of the title and let him sit out until he's ready to accept the fights from the top contenders that have earned a shot. He's good but not worth bending over and letting him run the entire organization and choose who gets title shots ect.

HE want's to fight the winner of Hendo and Nate why would Hendo not want to do it? Nate deserves it just as much as him

i get that the people fans are divided but the shot at the title was promised to dan by the man himself the fans dont decied who fights who although THAT WOULD BE AWSOME thats just not how it works. If hendo was told he earned number 1 contender winning 3 in a row then thats that. doesnt matter what thwe people divided say. that is y the choice ISN'T ours.

When your the best in your class, your suppose to sit atop this mountain, and take on all challengers. I know he wants more competition, but if he wants that, then he shouldn't be taking up space in the division he is gonna abandon. I mean, if he vacates the title, no ones gonna look down upon him or anything. It's just ridiculous for him to expect someone new or someone that he hasn't faced to go blazing through the MW competition, while he fights at other classes.

I hate to say this about Anderson but he seems more concerned these days with not tarnishing his undefeated record in the UFC. He seems more worried about his legacy than tough challenges. It seems like he's starting to turn into a fighter thats scared to lose.

Although there are not many people left to give him a real challenge. Hendo is one of them and I think Silva is ducking him. He needs to fight Hendo again or relenquish the belt. Bravo to Hendo for saying..nah I want Silva now I'll fight Nate later.

I think Silva's starting to get a swelled head with all this P4P $hit. Either that or he wants to retire early so he can still be in his prime for a Roy Jones Jr. fight. Roy's not getting any younger and if he waits too long no one will give him credit if he beats Roy. They probably still wont.

Personally I could care less about him taking on pro boxers past thier prime.;)

I'd rather see him stick around in MMA.

I believe he wants a shot at Roy Jones Jr. because he said he grew up idolizing him, and to fight him would be an honor.

And yeah, that was kinda the point I was trying to reach, but couldn't put words together, about him wanting to keep his legacy.

HE HAS ONLY 3 FIGHTS LEFT!!!!!!!!!! lol he is my 2nd fav fighter and seeing how he only has those 3 fights he should use them wisley..

IDC who he fights in these remaining fights aslong as he fights GSP after gsp's next title defense... DAMN it if silva retires w/o fighting gsp i would be soo upset.

i REALLY want silva to fight either machida or gsp... IMO thts the only two ppl in the world who can beat Anderson.

i know he is getting too ****y now days but look at it this way guys... he is considered the best p4p fighter in the WORLD!!! its kinda hard not to get a big ego of some type..

He shouldnt even fight marquardt.. waste of his 3 fights remaining

Something has definatily changed i look back and think it came around the james irving fight.. we might never unredstand the man i really did enjoy him and his fights but something just isn't the same. i hope he either snaps out of it or just lets us move on..

Machida is his training partner. In other words' date=' Anderson owes Machida his success, and Anderson already knows the result if they were to fight, so the fight is neither ethical nor interesting for him.[/quote']

Yes and they have the same manager. I'm pretty sure Rashad won't fight Jardine, Rampage won't fight Congo. Why can't people understand friendship and loyalty? Sometimes it's not all about the fame and the money...

well said.

He is a prima dona. And it is nothing but cowardice that stops him from fighting herderson or marquart again. It's not about a lack of challenge because he beat them before. It's about his precious record and since he beat them once he doesn't want to fight them again because if his loses it mars his record.

His JOB is to fight who his employer says to fight.

I've long thought Anderson Silva is a wanker.

God there are a lot of stupid people in this thread. Namely all the ones posting ignorant feel good arguments supporting Anderson Silva.

This is a VERY simple situation.

1) It is his contractually obligated job to fight who the UFC tell him to fight. He is also the title holder and part of that position is to either defend your title or vacate your title. He is doing neither.

2) He does NOT only have 3 fights left. He has however many fights he wants as long as that number is 3 or larger. He isn't "wasting" 2 of his last 3 fights. He can continue to fight past 3 fights if he so chooses, so he could take those two fights and then fight whoever else he wants after that.

3) anything else is irrelevant. All the feel good arguments about "well he is so good how can he be motivated to fight someone he has beat", or put yourself in his shoes he only wants to fight people he thinks are great", etc etc, all exactly that. FEEL GOOD EMOTIONAL BASED CRAP. They have no bearing on the situation on hand and only confuse the actual facts.

in a post fight interview silva said a fight with machida would be a big problem. his english sucks but what I think he meant by that is he thinks he cannot beat machida.