Sign in to follow this  
Grotty

UFC matchmaking...Daley vs Kampman

No offence to semtex who is a fighter but what the hell are the matchmakers thinking of putting him in to fight Kampman, ffs UFC stop the mismatches, its like Kelly vs Davis, pathetic and unfair.

the UFC has made some very stupid decisions lately. first franklin vs hendo, thankfully it was scrapped. then they do franklin vs belfort at 195, which is retarted. whoever wins, where does that leave them? now that swick is hurt, why is kampmann, going from possible title shot to fighting a UFC newcomer in daley? stupid. put kampmann against like dan hardy or anthony johnson. get some new blood in there, someone who has actually shown they can fight in UFC. also, signing randy to that new 6 fight contract, retarted. the guy gets rocked by a jab now, but since he USED to be amazing, i guess people will still be trotting behind his nuts. then they agree to let Rampage not fight at the appointed time and place, and make a movie. they need to get their f*cking act together. just some venting from a pissed off fan

the UFC has made some very stupid decisions lately. first franklin vs hendo' date=' thankfully it was scrapped. then they do franklin vs belfort at 195, which is retarted. whoever wins, where does that leave them? now that swick is hurt, why is kampmann, going from possible title shot to fighting a UFC newcomer in daley? stupid. put kampmann against like dan hardy or anthony johnson. get some new blood in there, someone who has actually shown they can fight in UFC. also, signing randy to that new 6 fight contract, retarted. the guy gets rocked by a jab now, but since he USED to be amazing, i guess people will still be trotting behind his nuts. then they agree to let Rampage not fight at the appointed time and place, and make a movie. they need to get their f*cking act together. just some venting from a pissed off fan[/quote']

I think the Daley move was stupid but it happens. Randy signed a 6 fight contract and it will live up to expectations...Always Does...and i dont think nothing is confirmed with Rampage not fighting. Big Rumor. We all know how those go.

No offence to semtex who is a fighter but what the hell are the matchmakers thinking of putting him in to fight Kampman' date=' ffs UFC stop the mismatches, its like Kelly vs Davis, pathetic and unfair.[/quote']

... I was looking at this match-up yesterday .... I'm not completely sold on the "Hitman" (15-2 w/ 46% KO rec.) ... he got the SD over Condit who just looked flat in his UFC debut ... (I'm gonna do a thread on the Killer later) ... the 5 bouts before that were a UD over Leites, subs over McFedries & Rivera, a TKO loss to Nate & a gift TKO over Barros @ 93 .... the late sub Brit makes his UFC debut- "Semtex" (21-8 w/ 76% KO rec.) has never been KO'd ... the TKO on his record is a dislocated thumb .... he is smaller than Martin & looks to have no ground game offensively or defensively .... no doubt the Hitman should exploit this .... Daley has a punchers chance & anything can happen in MMA ... good spot for an upset-flutter considering Kampmann will be a heavy favorite .

The UFC have a bad habit of creating poor mismatches, another one was (and no disrespect intended) AL Turk vs Cro Cop, it was blatant the UFC were throwing Cro crop a sacrificial lamb, where the hell did anyone see that as a reasonable matchup, they will probably call Danni Abbadi back to fight a champ next...

the UFC has made some very stupid decisions lately. first franklin vs hendo' date=' thankfully it was scrapped. then they do franklin vs belfort at 195, which is retarted. whoever wins, where does that leave them? now that swick is hurt, why is kampmann, going from possible title shot to fighting a UFC newcomer in daley? stupid. put kampmann against like dan hardy or anthony johnson. get some new blood in there, someone who has actually shown they can fight in UFC. also, signing randy to that new 6 fight contract, retarted. the guy gets rocked by a jab now, but since he USED to be amazing, i guess people will still be trotting behind his nuts. then they agree to let Rampage not fight at the appointed time and place, and make a movie. they need to get their f*cking act together. just some venting from a pissed off fan[/quote']

thx and agreed.

The UFC needed a WW opponent at short notice, and as Daley was already scheduled to be on the card he would have already been firmly ensconced in a training camp so was probably a very easy choice to make. I'm not saying it's a good idea, just a logical one.

****, what a brutally terrible matchup. Kampmann is a legitimate contender, I was so looking forward to the Swick fight, but he's gotta be put in there with someone who is going to seriously challenge him before he tangles with GSP.