Sign in to follow this  
gavyg03

Rampage Jackson blasted by fans for going "Hollywood"

whoa' date=' this screen shot was nabbed from Quinton Jackson's own website. Rampage really dug himself a hole IMO. i also didn't like him making fun of the heavyweights. i know i know... it's just Rampage but I'm gettin' sick of Page.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/The-Quinton-Jackson--BA-Baracus-backlash-floods-Rampages-website.html[/quote']

It's easy to get sick of someone when they don't fight.

Fans are fans, they just want to see fights. I don't know why people are so outraged. Rampage has stated numerous times that he's all about getting paid. A movie is going to pay him a lot more money than a fight in the UFC will. Also, depending on his deal he'll get royalty checks and dvd sales money. I can't really blame the guy. I'm not even a Rampage fan (although I would be if he went against Rashad). It's just, I have a mortgage to pay and a ton of bills so I can understand that going for the money in an easy role seems very lucrative. If I was in MMA for the money and not for the love of fighting, I'd go to acting in a heartbeat.

Fans are fans' date=' they just want to see fights. I don't know why people are so outraged. Rampage has stated numerous times that he's all about getting paid. A movie is going to pay him a lot more money than a fight in the UFC will. Also, depending on his deal he'll get royalty checks and dvd sales money. I can't really blame the guy. I'm not even a Rampage fan (although I would be if he went against Rashad). It's just, I have a mortgage to pay and a ton of bills so I can understand that going for the money in an easy role seems very lucrative. If I was in MMA for the money and not for the love of fighting, I'd go to acting in a heartbeat.[/quote']

Dana White stated in a radio interview on September 16th, that Quinton Jackson will be making that much from the movie, and could make a lot more money in the UFC.

Dana White stated in a radio interview on September 16th' date=' that Quinton Jackson will be making that much from the movie, and could make a lot more money in the UFC.[/quote']

haha

he did brake a commitment but he pry thinks doing this a-team movie is a once in a life oppurtunity.but breaking a fight off after doing a tuf show is messed up since fans will be watching them build up. maybe rashad evans got into his head to much. or maybe rampage wants to fight kimbo and rampage picked him on his team to size him up and see what he got. rampage vs kimbo UFC 110

has there been any good 80's tv into movie remakes

I really dont get why such a big deal has been made of this, Rampage has cancelled a fight scheduled for December in September, He's given the UFC plenty of notice, and at the end of the day he has been out since March to make a TV show for the UFC!!

While he's out he might as well stay out a little longer and give himself a chance at being an actor when he hangs up his gloves.

I really dont get why such a big deal has been made of this' date=' Rampage has cancelled a fight scheduled for December in September, He's given the UFC plenty of notice, and at the end of the day he has been out since March to make a TV show for the UFC!!

While he's out he might as well stay out a little longer and give himself a chance at being an actor when he hangs up his gloves.[/quote']

Actually Rampage did not give the UFC a notice. Dana called Quinton and told him your fighting, so Quinton told him ok I'll do it. Then all of the sudden Quinton's manager talks to Dana and tell him that Quinton is doing the movie after all.

Why are people making this such a big deal? Yes' date=' Rampage makes his decisions based on what is best for him, not his fans. Stop Crying![/quote']

seriously? we are the ones that made him big. WE wanted to see him fight WE made him.

WE or I do not respect a "man" backing out on his promises. but ya... have fun idolizing an idiot.

seriously? we are the ones that made him big. WE wanted to see him fight WE made him.

WE or I do not respect a "man" backing out on his promises. but ya... have fun idolizing an idiot.

We made him? Who's WE???? Rampage made his name in Pride, Japan.

lol, I don't Idolize Rampage and don't care if he ever fights in the UFC again, there are plenty of good fighters at 205 to watch. I just don't see the point in crying about it.

I really dont get why such a big deal has been made of this' date=' Rampage has cancelled a fight scheduled for December in September, He's given the UFC plenty of notice, and at the end of the day he has been out since March to make a TV show for the UFC!!

While he's out he might as well stay out a little longer and give himself a chance at being an actor when he hangs up his gloves.[/quote']

The TUF season has been promoted for since like UFC 100! And this fight has been hyped up since like UFC 96! Ridiculous. Screw Rampage.

Actually Rampage did not give the UFC a notice. Dana called Quinton and told him your fighting' date=' so Quinton told him ok I'll do it. Then all of the sudden Quinton's manager talks to Dana and tell him that Quinton is doing the movie after all.[/quote']

Yeah, his manager told Dana because Rampage doesn't have the balls to.

Everyone is pissed that Rampage -v- Evans isn't happening but few can stay in MMA forever like Couture and Jackson would be insane to miss out on the A-Team movie, as much as it sucks I just cant blame the guy.

Would Rampage had been any better off had he failed to fulfill his commitment to this movie deal, which was made before any fight was scheduled, signed, or even contemplated? Not in the long term big picture for his own life. Why get so upset about a scheduling conflict? THEY WILL FIGHT EARLY NEXT YEAR! Rampage would have taken this fight with a short training camp but was advised by managers/trainers etc. not to. I would rather wait an extra month or two to see both fighters at 100% so there are no excuses for either.

quinton jackson loves being in front of a camera... cant you see. If you dont believe me watch a re run of TUF 10, he doesnt even take coaching seriously on that show he just hops around saying goofy ****, looking for laughs. He even chose the camera man over the final heavyweight on the show... coinsidence? i think not...lol

Who the hell is actually going to watch the A-Team movie now?

me, I really dont get all this crying over Rampage, they are still going to fight, boo fookin hooo we have to wait an extra month or two, this is a win win situation we now get to see rampage play Mr.T which cant not be entertaining, then we still get to see him beat down Rashad, the only people who I can understand being a little unhappy are those from Texas who wanted to see Rampage fight live.

No one can blame him for doing the movie.

Who in their right mind would want to get punched in the head for a living when you have the opportunity to branch out and make some movies.

Maybe there's an A-Team sequel if this one goes alright?

He's been fighting for alot of years now and the fights only delayed for a few months.

Let him take a year off.

The only thing that sucks is that he's taking all this time off right in the prime of his career.

The whole Rampage things got two perspectives, Dana white says Rampage is missing out on millions for not doing the fight, on the other hand Dana and the Fertidas will be the one's missing out on millions because he didn't fight...... confused...... rampage get knocked down for that last pay rise? Dana's trippin balls because he's all about makin money, Randy didn't defend his belt while doing movies, held out for a bigger pay day. Nothing wrong with that, if thats the case.

me' date=' I really dont get all this crying over Rampage, they are still going to fight, boo fookin hooo we have to wait an extra month or two, this is a win win situation we now get to see rampage play Mr.T which cant not be entertaining, then we still get to see him beat down Rashad, the only people who I can understand being a little unhappy are those from Texas who wanted to see Rampage fight live.[/quote']

lol

+1

oh and the UFC saved his **** and this is how he repays them....

i will NEVER watch a fight of his ever. or if i do i hope he gets his **** kicked.

i will never EVER respond to this post.....

or if i do, i will say

indecisive phail

or if i do' date=' i will say

indecisive phail[/quote']

Dude, I seriously laughed out loud at that LOL good work sir

This is outrageous. You sound pretty egotistical there mate. WE did this, WE did that. You paid your $50 or ?30 odd pound. Maybe you go to events, maybe you buy merchandise.

I can't really formulate words to reply but ... I just think that's amazingly off target to think that WE are the main reason for his success. W.O.W.

JJW - get Nogueira off ya sig ya wagon hopper! Your wagons are like a hot potato! lol ;) I'm still loving that fight joking aside.

or if i do' date=' i will say

indecisive phail[/quote']

That's it - this is what happens when you write angry/upset messages. I've done it to, nasty beatdown phail.

one big delima out there for dana is fedor....

I'm almost positive dana would love to say do what i say or get out BUT if he gives up one of his LHW's or HW he is giving almost positively fedor and strikeforce not only a great fighter but a huge fight for fedor further delaying the inevatiable in fedor realizing he has no one to fight on his level and has to come over.

So i think the lets say unruleness by some of our favorite fighters has gone unchecked by the big guy because looking at the big picture as long as dana doesnt give up a big name fighter in the next few years the sport will finally fall into a monopoly (witch i have no problem with) and the fun will begin....

So i really have lost all respect for rampage in this whole thing and was having trouble understanding just y a man that is known for not letting so much as a sled slide on snow is letting this guy along with silva dump on the ufc.. well i think i figured it out dana can see the big picture and i think i like it... .

Rampage should come out in his next fight as Mr. T.

That would be great seeing Mr. T get KO'd!!!!

Then he would be Clubber Lang and all set for a starring role in a "Rocky III" rematch!