Sign in to follow this  
UFC_Fan_

McSweeney Vs. Shivers

that was the worst fight ever' date=' these guys need to work on cardio[/quote']

I agree all of these heavies are gassing way too easy... Shivers seemed to be gassed midway through the second round. I bet if either coach just worked hardcore cardio that team would have a pretty solid advantage.

who is going to WIn?

James McSweeney was talking alot of ****' date=' he thinks he's good. I dont think so, he lost to Mustapha Al-turk..lol...jk[/quote']

James, but God I only weigh 190 walk around and on good work out weeks can drop to 170 , i would fight these guys.

horrible just horrible.

Wow!!!! Glad to see Spike and the UFC can drag 10 min worth of horrible fighting into an hours worth of commercials and endless ********. Did I mention 1 fight in one whole hour! They damn sure need Kimbo to make this **** worth whatching for an hour.

working hard on cardio is very hard for the body, the guys could be out of energy before the fight. But these guy don't have cardio. Wes was tired with 2 min to go in the first round, wtF? by the way, we should have had a third round

19-19 20-18 20-18? I dunno, it seemed like all McSweeney did was leg kicks and one sub attempt. Shivers had a few takedowns and landed harder shots IMO. Whatever though, they both gassed and werent impressive

19-19 20-18 20-18? I dunno' date=' it seemed like all McSweeney did was leg kicks and one sub attempt. Shivers had a few takedowns and landed harder shots IMO. Whatever though, they both gassed and werent impressive[/quote']

I agree yeah shivers gassed but hit more strikes and cleary won the first round as well as a few takedowns

Why don't they just make Rampage and Rashad fight already? This was literally a waste of 10 minutes. McSweeney talked a lot of crap and didn't show much. Hopefully the rest of the fights are not like this.

ok WTF?????!!!!!

who judges these fights anyways??? yeah shivers gased out but with two take downs he should have won off of points?...but what do i know apperently...lol...

i have one question and one question only, how did sweeney really feel when he ran away from shivers punches? Sweeney may talk a mean game, but he runs like a *****!...lol

Either the judges are drunk or they are blind! That was a horrible call shivers dominated that fight........Seems like disapointment is the new way of the TUF show last fight crap lay n pray second robbery!And to top it off rampage ducked rashad and the season is barely starting.I am @ a lose of words just LAME comes to mind

Either the judges are drunk or they are blind! That was a horrible call shivers dominated that fight........Seems like disapointment is the new way of the TUF show last fight crap lay n pray second robbery!And to top it off rampage ducked rashad and the season is barely starting.I am @ a lose of words just LAME comes to mind

rampage didnt duck anyone, he is going to make big bucks in a movie. i dont blame the guy......money talks

I thought Mcsweeny edged it but I'm not sure why he let that monster up when he could of Ground n pounded him.

Rashad was pissed at him and I could see why.

And seriously Spike.... Half an hour for 10 minutes of fighting and 15 minutes of commercials. Thats the worst Ive ever seen it.

I thought Rampage would pick a match for Kimbo so he could get through the first round.

Why don't they just make Rampage and Rashad fight already? This was literally a waste of 10 minutes. McSweeney talked a lot of crap and didn't show much. Hopefully the rest of the fights are not like this.

Your in for some lameness mark my words and i thought this season would ROCK yet itz LAME.....................Bad judges 2 bad coaches lmao @ the ufc anymore from half the show being comercials to lame fights with crappy judging things seem to be going down hill fast.

What a disaster so far with the fights. I don't blame McSweeny for running a few times since Wes is a damn monster, but McSweeny had an opportunity to make a statement and blew it. He hit Wes with a good shot up against the cage and should of finished it right there, but backed away.

I would prefer never to watch a TUF with heavyweights again, I am pretty sure Dana will go back to mixed classes for the next season.

Wes was gassed way too quick and still dominated McSweeney. At the very least, there should have been a 3rd round. No way Wes lost the 1st round. Probably won the 2nd round too. How do you reward someone for fighting scared? All that said, both fighters looked like crap. McSweeney just stunk more.

he lost because of octagon control, he had NONE, other dude was striking and moving, he landed like 99% of his leg kicks and strikes

all shivers did was takedown and throw a couple wild **** punches

rampage didnt duck anyone' date=' he is going to make big bucks in a movie. i dont blame the guy......money talks[/quote']

I blame him for talking the talk and not walking the walk.....Movies wtf is he a studio fighter now? studio gangsterz and studio fighterz same diff just a diffrent toilet lights camera action is rampages 1 movie future in the holly wood scene yet his mma future will be scarD over 1 film smart move he commited MMA suicide!Say what you want time will tell it all and i have a fealing i know what i am saying on this 1 lol Also mc sweeny and the lame lay n prayer from the first show have no shot @ lesnar this show has proved to be pointless no future champs just lame azz chumpzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

yeah this was pretty stupid. please make the shows with 2 fights, i think some episodes had 2 fights last season?

but anyways, 2 hour episodes and 2 fights in each one. not sure anyone enjoys waiting a week for such a small episode :(

That was the worst fight I've ever seen. And to top it off the worst judging I've ever seen. I guess they fell asleep? That's the only way it even makes sense. They were both completely gassed which is unacceptable in the first damn 90 seconds. Maybe they were told it coudln't go to a third round because they both probably would have died from exhaustion? Hire me as a ref; I know I could do a better job because I'll actually watch the fight and I have two eyes. What a joke.....

I blame him for talking the talk and not walking the walk.....Movies wtf is he a studio fighter now? studio gangsterz and studio fighterz same diff just a diffrent toilet lights camera action is rampages 1 movie future in the holly wood scene yet his mma future will be scarD over 1 film smart move he commited MMA suicide!Say what you want time will tell it all and i have a fealing i know what i am saying on this 1 lol Also mc sweeny and the lame lat n prayer from the first show have no shot @ lesnar this show has proved to be pointless no future champs just lame azz chumpzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

you make a valid point, but dont say rampage cant walk the walk. cause any real mma fan knows rampage is a beast.

Your in for some lameness mark my words and i thought this season would ROCK yet itz LAME.....................Bad judges 2 bad coaches lmao @ the ufc anymore from half the show being comercials to lame fights with crappy judging things seem to be going down hill fast.

They brought Kimbo to "liven up" the series. If his fight stinks next week, that will be the last of the season I will watch. Also, someone needed to shut Mazzagati up. The idiot kept saying "good fight". He was the closest of everyone in that building and couldn't see the truth. lol

he lost because of octagon control' date=' he had NONE, other dude was striking and moving, he landed like 99% of his leg kicks and strikes

all shivers did was takedown and throw a couple wild **** punches[/quote']

Shivers controlled the first half of round one. Ground game looked like crap, but controlled him nonetheless. Kinda reminds me of Brock without the wrestling background. Had his back and mount. That's octagon control. McSweeney fought a dumb fight. Leg kicks were working, but he kept going away from it. Not to mention he was dead tired and still didn't capitalize. I think that lost the fight if anything.

Dude are you serious, maybe what the mma community has said about NFL players is true.So why in the heck didn't Wes win he clearly had more strikes landed and even a couple takedowns and ground control to boot.Dana needs to get rid of these judges and hire people who've actually competed and know what to look for.

that was the worst fight ever' date=' these guys need to work on cardio[/quote']

agree 100000000000000000%

working hard on cardio is very hard for the body' date=' the guys could be out of energy before the fight. But these guy don't have cardio. Wes was tired with 2 min to go in the first round, wtF? by the way, we should have had a third round[/quote']

i thought they should've made em fight a third round just cause they didn't fight at all for half of round 2. show the rest of the cast that cardio is needed in this show. that was a sad fight after the first 2 1/2 min of the 1st round. i don't see how mcsweeney won that fight though. If the first two fights are what we can expect from the rest of the season, this will be the worst season ever, and hopefully its already the last time dana does a heavyweights TUF.

WoW I will say 2 of the judges were alittle bit blind that fight. I am sorry but a few puny leg kicks do not warrant him winning that fight. He basically only hit with those wes made james face a meat market. If this was not ultimate fighter that would have def been the other way around. I am starting to think this season has been predetermined in terms of who is going to win.

I am starting to wonder alittle bit about this season. I have watched this show since the beginning and never have I seen fighters so out of shape they could not make it through 3 rounds. I serious hope this is not some ploy to get Kimbo in UFC with White saving face for all the BS he gave him. I like the guy and seriously hope he earns his way in not somehow rigged so he gets in.

I have to say, Heavy Weights do tend to gas quickly but, they are some of the most awsomely explosive knockouts as well! Now to the judges- WTF?? The leg kicks that Mcsweeney was landing only got him taken to the ground time after time! Then, for Wes to be able to keep him on the ground til end of the round never looks good, especially if they aren't staying busy with submission attempts from the bottom! How on earth did they see this fight? Both were equally gassed midway through, but I think that WES SHIVER should have taken it by decision!!!

I think the decision was horse****. If anything, Shivers should have won by majority decision. Should have gone to round 3, but neither would have done a damn thing. So far, boring fights. Once the real guys get in there though, it'll be a good season. Just waiting for Roy, Kimbo, and Sims to light things up.

I agree 100% that was the biggest rip off...Shivers won. More takedowns, passed his guard, had him in a rear choke, punched him in the face more...fug what the hell? If it had gone to a 3rd round maybe Mcsweeney could have won because Shivers got so tired he was bound to make a big mistake ..but getting tired doesnt make you the loser...he still dominated the majority of the fight.

With the 20-18 rounds I honestly think the judges might have scored it for the wrong guy lol. And it is def. all of these guys own responsibilities to come into the show in shape but it does seem like these first weeks are basically "boot camp." They were probably gassed coming into the fight.

This fight was seriously just funny. I mean the guys were just standing gassed out for like the majority of the 2nd round. I thought mcsweeney looked like a good fighter, he was just dealing with a big dude, and i mean shivers rocked him a couple times but he just str8 sucked **** (aside from the key lock attempt that took years for him to discover). Idk, im realli hoping kimbo brings some fire, cuz this season needs it ryt now.

Why do Americans always come up with conspiracy theories when an American loses to a more skilled foreigner.

Belcher vs Akyama

Silva vs Griffin

now even on TuF

Who gives a crap, both these fighters are crap.

Shivers has no technique whatsoever and looked like he was about to have a heart attack, and Mcsweeny doesn't have the killer instinct or fighters brain.

This fight was seriously just funny. I mean the guys were just standing gassed out for like the majority of the 2nd round. I thought mcsweeney looked like a good fighter' date=' he was just dealing with a big dude, and i mean shivers rocked him a couple times but he just str8 sucked **** (aside from the key lock attempt that took years for him to discover). Idk, im realli hoping kimbo brings some fire, cuz this season needs it ryt now.[/quote']

Don't worry KIMBO KO's Roy. No BS

the only fight more boring than this one' date=' was last weeks. if kimbo doesn't make this show worth watching then i'm giving up on this season[/quote']

Are you serious? You cant be fan to say that...I love the whole thing the fights are just part of it...

The infighting between Rashad and Rampage, the explosiveness of heavyweights throwing bombs all season, the picked on Kimbo slice ( by the way he seems like a relaxed non arrogant guy ) the sloppy and arrogant Roy Nelson, the idiot Wes Sims, the football players that cant fight...man you gotta love the drama bro...not just the fights!!

Ok i had to make a account out of disguise...The Judges need to be FIRED!!!!!... What fight were they watching not the fight shown on SpikeTV...Nuff Said...Got to get on Gears of War 2 to take out some Frustation...lol

This fight was COMPLETE BS. Now, I actually am rooting for Team Rashad. But I call fights as I see them, and that fight was complete BS.

Shivers had more takedowns, had octagon control, escaped a tight guillotine choke, and buckled McSweeney a few times. All McSweeney did was fail to finish!!! Shivers was standing right there all gassed and McSweeney didn't do sh it! That's when you got to finish the fight!

All McSweeney did was land leg kicks.

BS.

I posted this in a much smaller thread but I'll post it here too since it looks like the hot thread.

I have to agree. I don't know who they have judging these fights or what fight they were watching, but they were way off on this one. Although the fight WAS boring, mcsweeny didn't do anything but throw that leg kick and run the whole fight, aside from landing a jab and a hook. Shivers at least landed a few punches, had several takedowns, had a mount at one point, had the guys back once or twice and after every takedown he had dominant position. It even looked like he was attempting a kimura at one point.

Yes he was tired. Yes it made for a boring fight. Does that mean he lost? No. You can't look past what happened. Mcsweeny was exhausted the last few minutes too, and did nothing but run. In the end, I think they "gave" this fight to mcsweeny simply because of how gassed shivers was for most of the fight. Who cares, it doesn't change the fact that he did so much more than mcsweeny.

I have been a ufc fan since day one, but they need to get some new judges that aren't incompetant. If all you have to do is kick someone in the leg and run, over and over and over, to edge out a decision, something is terribly wrong.