Sign in to follow this  
xxTRUTHxx

Wes Schivers got robbed

maybe round one and a round three should have been done, but I did not want to see anymore.

I do not get upset at things in life, but man watching those to guys got me pretty frustrated.

That was a joke he didnt win, this TUF is rigged, all McSweeney did was kick (really impressive). Schivers had some better shots IMO and he had take downs and the mount. A joke, disgraceful UFC

Wes Schivers got robbed what judges took points cause he looked tired its not a beuty padgent its a fight. wes dominated him.

I couldn't agree more. Not only was that a waste of ten minutes of my time but the decision was awful. He may not have moved much at the end but he did have two submission attempts and a mount. How did he not even win a round on two scorecards?

i had mcsweeney winning but really who cares who won this fight? it suckd and neither one won this. wes shivers suckd!! what did he do on the ground?? nothing except go for a few pathetic subs. that guy should have been throwin bows or something... mcsweeny threw nice leg kicks and some decent jabs.. yes he suckd also but he won that fight easily to me. and mcsweeney almost KOd Shivers.. so i dont know if you guys are like wes shivers fan club members but he didnt get robbed and didnt deserve to win ish!

I couldn't agree more. Not only was that a waste of ten minutes of my time but the decision was awful. He may not have moved much at the end but he did have two submission attempts and a mount. How did he not even win a round on two scorecards?

Because he stood still, got sort of picked off with leg kicks and jabs throughout the majority of the fight, and had a huge right hand which knocked him against the cage right at the end of the round, followed by a knee.

Mcsweeny had 1 sub attempt, and Shivers didn't do any damage on the ground.

Mcsweeny lacks the killer insticnt though.

And WTF Spike that was a half hour for 10 minutes of fighting and waaaaaay too many commercials!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completely understand the whole octagon control thing... However Wes screwed James up, period. James definitely got some good leg kicks in and even a few body kicks, but Wes was stickin it to him pretty much the whole time.

Wes Shivers WAS robbed. I'm not a Wes fan, but he clearly won the first round landing more shots, two take downs and a near kamora. Mcsweeny did little that first round and was clearly scared the entire fight. He only had octagon control the second round when Wes was gassed, and even then he was scared to commit.

In the second round Mcsweeny did have some solid leg kicks, two large shots to Wes' head, and a choke attempt, but as gassed as Wes was he landed some strikes and took Mcsweeny down. I gave the fight to Wes, but I could have understood the judges going to a third round. The decision they came up with is BS.

Shivers was gassed half way through the first round and didnt move for the rest of the fight!!

LOL

Mcsweeny came closest to finishing him at the end of the fight.

Plus the judges knew if the fight went 1 more round Shivers would pass out from exhaustion.

American football players have 0 cardio whatsoever. Play for 10 seconds, stand around for 2 minutes of commercials.

I can see the other huge NFL player on Rampage's team having the same problems.

Wes Schivers got robbed what judges took points cause he looked tired its not a beuty padgent its a fight. wes dominated him.

I agree 100% this is a friggin true statement..

The decision was terrible!! I don't know about the octagon control thing either, just cause the guy got lucky and rested in the middle of the octagon instead of the outside dosen't really prove octagon control 2 me. I must admit he was pretty good at running away though when Wes actually came at him.

Wes Shivers WAS robbed. I'm not a Wes fan' date=' but he clearly won the first round landing more shots, two take downs and a near kamora. [b']Mcsweeny did little that first round and was clearly scared the entire fight. He only had octagon control the second round when Wes was gassed, and even then he was scared to commit. [/b]

In the second round Mcsweeny did have some solid leg kicks, two large shots to Wes' head, and a choke attempt, but as gassed as Wes was he landed some strikes and took Mcsweeny down. I gave the fight to Wes, but I could have understood the judges going to a third round. The decision they came up with is BS.

Agreed.. some people on his team were literally screamin at the tops of their lungs for him to go for it when Wes was tired as hel.

Okay,

I watched the first round of the fight again (as painful as that was), and Wes only had one takedown and Mcsweeny had more leg kicks than I first realized. I still don't think I can give that first round to Mcsweeny. I couldn't bear to watch the second round a second time, and I'm sure a third round would have been just as ugly, but maybe there would have been a more definitive winner with the extra round.

We can only hope that the fights get better as the season progresses.

That was the most boring fight I have ever seen on the Ultimate Fighter. Aside from the solid leg kicks it looked like they were both ready for beddy-bye as soon as the second round started. How can you say he got robbed? He was on top of him 2 times and did nothing. He was also choked at the end of the second round (guillotine) almost out. Get a grip buddy.

********, wes won but both fighters sucked. Judges are ********. not sure if Dana told him to pick other guy because he didnt want Wes to continue. Wes won both rounds, ******** scoring IMO. :mad:

How does this guy figure Shivers was robbed. If the fight lasted a few seconds longer he would have passed out on top of his opponent.

You should watch the end of the 2nd round again Shivers was hit with a punch by a much smaller guy and almost knocked out as well. If his opponent wasn't as tired as hell as well from all his running away and moved in for the kill it would have been a stoppage because Shivers got shivered.

You should watch the end of the 2nd round again Shivers was hit with a punch by a much smaller guy and almost knocked out as well. If his opponent wasn't as tired as hell as well from all his running away and moved in for the kill it would have been a stoppage because Shivers got shivered.

Besides he was getting his head pried off by a guillotine choke at the end of the fight. The choke could have ended it easily.

wes had more takedowns, more punches landed, not to mention a good groin kick, more than one submission attempt and he mounted and was controlling him up until he gassed. I am sitting in a bar and 13 people agree with me. You have remember these guys are not professionals less than 3 fights for wes and mcsweeney has 6.

quit reading after half the first page. Fight was HORRIBLE neither of these guy's deserved a win. But if 1 has to win, Shivers shoulda got the W.

Also, did anyone notice Shivers NEVER touched gloves. LMAO after what happened last week and rampage said "nobody on my team touch gloves no more" least shivers listened to his coach. LMAO.

to those who said that TUF10 is rigged, i don't think so even though i do agree at times it does look a little sketched out. But, i can garantee that IF, big IF Kimbo wins TUF more than half of the fans that watch TUF will be screaming that this was set up just for kimbo to win. I'm a fan of Kimbo, i think he can bring things to the table that will give some HVY's a challenge, but i still say BIG IF for him to win this.

wes had more takedowns' date=' more punches landed, not to mention a good groin kick, more than one submission attempt and he mounted and was controlling him up until he gassed. I am sitting in a bar and 13 people agree with me. You have remember these guys are not professionals less than 3 fights for wes and mcsweeney has 6.[/quote']

So because 13 of your drunk friends agree it must mean you are right. First of all a groin strike is an illegal move, and it was a very hard one at that. Shivers was almost knocked out, every leg kick seemed to really hurt him and a guillotine almost finished him. What are you in love with Shivers or something? Seriously, get some glasses or watch the fights sober or, learn a little about fighting. It was a pathetic attemt by BOTH fighters at best, however; Shivers kimora attempt wasn't even close and that was ALL he did do right.It's going to be a dismal season until the final 4 at least in my opinion if all of these OVERWEIGHTS are in as fine a shape as the 2 this week.

So because 13 of your drunk friends agree it must mean you are right. First of all a groin strike is an illegal move' date=' and it was a very hard one at that. Shivers was almost knocked out, every leg kick seemed to really hurt him and a guillotine almost finished him. What are you in love with Shivers or something? Seriously, get some glasses or watch the fights sober or, learn a little about fighting. It was a pathetic attemt by BOTH fighters at best, however; Shivers kimora attempt wasn't even close and that was ALL he did do right.It's going to be a dismal season until the final 4 at least in my opinion if all of these OVERWEIGHTS are in as fine a shape as the 2 this week.[/quote']

The groin strike was an accident and anyone that watched the fight knows that, they both kicked at the same time and with a height advantage like Shivers had it was bound to happen. Shivers didn't try for a kimora it was a "keylock" that u are referring to. so learn a little about sub names. and if u read the other 12 threads on this subject 90% of the people on this board agree that Shivers got robbed in that fight. so its not just those 14 people at that bar.

Here's why Shivers lost:

1) You simply cannot award a decision to a guy who stops fighting in the middle of a round and puts his hands on his knees sucking wind. He just did not have the heart of a 'Dana guy'.

2) You cannot award the fight to a guy who is in the full-mount position over a smaller guy and will not throw a fist to the face or an elbow. IMO, Wes is just a big guy who looks like a monster, but his heart does not have that killer instinct in him. He did not want to hurt James by throwing to his face..........MMA is not for Wes.

3) He killed his chances of winning, when he could not or would not stand up after the finish. Had he been hurt that would have been one thing, but to just sit there sucking wind.............that is not the kind of guy that Dana wants..........on TV, Wes looked like he gave up and was a quitter, even though he made it through the 2nd round.

He just had the wrong image for a MMA guy, and the same is going to be said for Kimbo, Marcus Jones...........these guys are going to get gassed just like Wes did.

1) You simply cannot award a decision to a guy who stops fighting in the middle of a round and puts his hands on his knees sucking wind.

What about a guy who is afraid to finish an opponent with his hands on his knees sucking wind?

Valid points, but you also can't give it to a guy who run away for the whole fight. Who was gassed as well, maybe not as bad, but gassed too. The fact is Shivers did more to win the fight no matter what else happened. And there has been plenty of fighters in the ufc that laid on the mat after fight out of exhaustion(sp?) granted those were 3 or 5 round fights but what happend after the fight should not have any effect on the scorecards.

2) You cannot award the fight to a guy who is in the full-mount position over a smaller guy and will not throw a fist to the face or an elbow. ... his heart does not have that killer instinct in him.

You still have to award him points for the takedown and the mount. I didn't see much of a killer instinct from Mcsweeny either.

3) He killed his chances of winning' date=' when he could not or would not stand up after the finish. ...Wes looked like he gave up and was a quitter, even though he made it through the 2nd round.[/quote']

Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't see a quitter, just a fighter who was really gassed. Obviously his cardio needs some serious work- Mcsweeny's conditioning was better, but I wonder by how much. I think that this might be true for a number of the guys on the show.

Wes... just had the wrong image for a MMA guy' date=' and the same is going to be said for Kimbo, Marcus Jones...........these guys are going to get gassed just like Wes did.[/quote']

What image is that? I've seen MMA veterans like BJ Penn gas in fights. I think these guys have a long way to go, but that should be no real surprise to anyone. As for Kimbo and Marcus Jones, only time will tell.

Nothing personal DaBruiser. You just had a good post to reply to.

That was an awful decision ! Maybe he don't control the octagon complete but he had Take-downs, Full Mount and a submission attempt and many counter punch ! That's a win in my Book ! both were tired at the end of the round !! Wes Schivers WON !!

I can't believe what I saw. Wes had McSweeny on the ground and tried submissions. McSweeny kept running like a ***** and kicked. Go figure he's on Rashad's team. I just wish Rampage was still going to fight Rashad to shut him up. Whatever the excuses the judges gave for this robbery it sucks. You are playing with men's livlihoods. Dana, don't be too critical about boxing because UFC is quickly turning into it with these ******** judges.

I can't believe what I saw. Wes had McSweeny on the ground and tried submissions. McSweeny kept running like a ***** and kicked. Go figure he's on Rashad's team. I just wish Rampage was still going to fight Rashad to shut him up. Whatever the excuses the judges gave for this robbery it sucks. You are playing with men's livlihoods. Dana' date=' don't be too critical about boxing because UFC is quickly turning into it with these ******** judges.[/quote']

Alright. McSweeney probably played "soccer" all his life in England, which explains why he kicked and ran like a little girl. That being said, Wes gave up and deserved to lose. I don't like either of them, i think they suck at fighting to be honest with you. So far there hasn't been anyone that impressed me and is worth being on T.U.F. Hopefully Kinbo and Fatty hick can give us more of a fight next week. We'll see.

Wes had a LOT of size advantage, and used it poorly. I think McSweeney got the decision because while the fight went on, he actually went in for something. Wes is a BEAST. Say you wouldn't run from those fists. All he did, though, was counter, throw his weight on 'Sweeney- with little-to-no damage done, and just hang out. Wes, got gassed because he's huge and an ex NFL player. McSweeney got gassed because he had that huge ex NFL player laying on top of him for a good part of the first.

It was a bad, bad fight. McSweeney showed more potential, and I think that won it for him. I just don't think Wes would be able to cut it. But hey, there've been fighters that went on after losing TUF to come back to fight. If Wes really wanted this, he'd keep at training, and working on his cardio. I'm sure we'll see him again. At least once, with all the brainless banter about him being ROBBED. Ratings, man. Ratings.

lol wes layed and prayed, the only good thing he did all fight was gain mount and he lost that, his submission attempts were sloppy and poor. mcsweeney deserved to win but neither were impressive

I can't believe what I saw. Wes had McSweeny on the ground and tried submissions. McSweeny kept running like a ***** and kicked. Go figure he's on Rashad's team. I just wish Rampage was still going to fight Rashad to shut him up. Whatever the excuses the judges gave for this robbery it sucks. You are playing with men's livlihoods. Dana' date=' don't be too critical about boxing because UFC is quickly turning into it with these ******** judges.[/quote']

ultimate fighter = fixed

u blind?

all shivers did was lay on him....he did get full mount and rear naked but thats it. mcsweeny did all the work. scored a lot of points with strikes.....didnt miss many of em.

obvious win for james.

u blind?

all shivers did was lay on him....he did get full mount and rear naked but thats it. mcsweeny did all the work. scored a lot of points with strikes.....didnt miss many of em.

obvious win for james.

Sweeney ran like a girl and looked nohing like a fighter on the mat.

RASHAD EVEN THOUGH SWEENEY LOST THE DECISION!!!!! ~ Watch the episode again!

Ultimate Fighter is fixed, hands down. If I saw that at a UFC fight and Sweeney won, I would have walked out that was retarded. and 2 judges scored 20-18, lol.

Fix the fight more, all I got to say...

********' date=' wes won but both fighters sucked. Judges are ********. not sure if Dana told him to pick other guy because he didnt want Wes to continue. Wes won both rounds, ******** scoring IMO. :mad:[/quote']

I agree 100% this is a friggin true statement..

What fight were these "Judges" watching? McSweeney was well punched, taken down twice and BLEEDING at the end of round one. He was then taken down and put in FULL mount in the second round. He did get some leg kicks, one head kick and two head punches in but every time he braved coming in Wes made him pay with very hard jabs, combos or taking him down. McSweeney got beat!!! Even Rashad said that he was scared that there was a decision and not a 3rd round.

They were both exhausted, but so were so many other previous UF competitors in the first couple of fights. Until the fighters get a good month in training at the camp their stamina, for the most part, is sh*t.

This was a complete F ing robbery. Rashad's buddy got a free pass on his clear LOSS!!!!!

Can't wait to see him get dominated again and sent home.

Mr. White, I just lost a lot of respect for you and your organization that you would allow this robbery to happen. Just SUCKS!!!!!

Apologies to Wes, you absolutely won that fight. And I am not a fan of either fighter, just fair fights and just judging.

DaBruiser-----------

Ohh, so you are saying that rounds are won by preference of image and not the merit of what a fighter did to the other fighter?

As for Wes standing there with his hands on his knees, McSweeney was doing the same by standing back and not jumping on Wes. He was gassed and afraid of the punishment he was taking when he did try and come in on Wes. McSweeney talked so much crap and got beat. He was bleeding from his nose from the punches he took all through the first round. He lost.

really pointless poll. if u read the other 20 threads on this (in less than 24hrs after the airing of the show) the general consensus is wes won the fight, wes got robbed, etc. with the occasional goofball saying McSweeney pushed the action, blah blah blah.