Sign in to follow this  
xxTRUTHxx

Wes Schivers got robbed

Wes Got robbed, there is no way that he lost that fight. Got tired? yup, they both did, they both stood there doing nothing, so you can't just say Wes crapped out. He had for sure the most success in the exchanges, and kept control on top for much longer, not sure what in the heck the judges were seeing.

That was a terrible decision. Just terrible.

Wes controlled the whole fight. Had the only take downs. Some Octagon control??? If that means running away, then running in with a weak punch (except one) or a few decent leg kicks, then sure, he controlled the fight.

Wes was more dominant standing up and on the ground. He shouldn't have hunched over and took a breather but thats irrelevant.

Basically James won because he wasn't as tired? I don't get it.

WHO CARES WICH OF THE TWO WAS BETTER ?

THESE FIGHTERS ARE A JOKE, SEND THEM TO STRIKEFORCE, CAUSE THEY DO NOT BELONG IN THE UFC

1st fight : i saw the worst matchup ever, plus the worst show of sportmenship ( taking somebody down while(or just after) touching gloves )

2nd fight: two amateurs brawling for 3 minutes, then they are so tired they stop fighting a couple of times to catch their breath...wauw...that's the worst i have seen since a freakshow K-1 match between Butterbean and some other IDIOT !!!

3rd fight: KIMBO show us hell pleaseeeee

Wes was robbed! Almost had two submissions in two separate rounds. Did more physical damage as evident by the cut above McSweeny's eye. Had numerous successful takedowns to McSweeny's zero. If someone wants to make the argument of Octogon control I don't see it. Both of these guys were beyond gassed by the second round and even though McSweeney was the aggressor near the end. Shivers always was ready with a counter. I don't see how the two judges scored that decision the way they did unless Rashad gave them both reach arounds before the fight!

Wes Schivers got robbed what judges took points cause he looked tired its not a beuty padgent its a fight. wes dominated him.

No doubt! Why don't they just turn this into a ****ing gymnastics competition? I'm done with this show. They've lost a fan that's been here since UFC 1.

It was a bad' date=' bad fight. McSweeney showed more potential, and I think that won it for him.[/quote']

James McSweeney showed mroe potential? Were you watching? Wes Shivers a ROOKIE, AMATEUR to combat sports DEFEATED, MOUNTED, COUNTERED, TOOKDOWN a VETERAN of over 100 FIGHTS.

Wes is a blank canvas just getting started. He needs more skill, he needs cardio. HOWEVER he does have potential. James McSweeney is the one who is lacking potential here is a man who has been working with the best, is experienced and floundered in this fight against a NEWBIE.

i really cant believe there has been so much talk about a fight that both sucked and blew really you should be ashamed of youselves for even saying you watched such a pile of rotting filth as this fight i intend to have my eyes burned out on monday to wipe away the memory.RIP MMA.

That was a joke he didnt win' date=' this TUF is rigged, all McSweeney did was kick (really impressive). Schivers had some better shots IMO and he had take downs and the mount. A joke, disgraceful UFC[/quote']

bull ****e all he did was lay on him, niether fighter looked any good but mcsweeny won both rounds, i wish they had put on a third round schivers couldnt even stan up he would have got a serious ko victim

Neither fighter looked like they could go another round, both were gassed out. James won the fight IMO, Wes spent most of the stand up backed off and on the ground he did little. Yes he landed a few punches but then so did James along with all those leg kicks. James was a little more aggressive and landed the cleaner shots, plus I think you get points for getting back up from a takedown (not sure about this but it makes sense).

Bad fight though, the other guys will be looking to fight James next because his game is WEAK, and if James wants to progress further he needs to work on his cardio, listen to his corner and stop sticking his chin out. Good leg kicks, SMACK!

In my original post I say that Wes projected the wrong 'image' to advance in TUF.

By the word 'image'............I am saying that the judges all knew what we knew,that both fighters were gassed, the fight sucked and all of that stuff that has been posted.

What I am saying is that Wes lost because you simply cannot give a fght to a guy who puts his hands on his knees in the middle of the fight.............that is the wrong image that is projected.

You cannot give the fight to a guy whose coach has to come out after the fight to tell Wes to 'stand up, get up'.

That is the wrong image for a winner.............yes the other guy was gassed as well, but he did not totally embarras the image that MMA has for tough guys.

Wes may have won technically for more takedowns, punches, whatever, but you cannot award a fight to a guy who looks so completely unlike a MMA image of a fighter.

At least James was trying to imitate that great fight between Ernesto Hoescht and The Beast, Bob Sapp, with those leg kicks............at least James looked like a MMA fighter.

The worst reason that Wes lost is that he is a 'nice-guy' who just happens to inhabit a 'monster' sized body.

When Wes took full-mount, how many of you were just waiting for the elbows or fists to start reigning down onto James face an skull?

Everyone in the TV audience, everyone at the ring, but mostly the judges were just waiting for the bombs to start dropping and all Wes did was lay on him and lose position.

Wes, does not have the killer insinct..............that is why he lost the fight..............failure to pull the trigger in full mount and then to top it off, just putting his hands on his legs and sucking wind..............that is the wrong guy to advance and the judges scored it that way................forget about that nonsense of kicks, takedowns, strikes for this fight anyway..............it was the spirit that Wes showed, or the lack of it, that lost the fight for Wes.............you simply cannot give the guy the fight under those circumstances.

For those who post, get over this fight, and quit posting about the same stuff...............hey, move onto a different thread, if you are disgusted with this thread..............no one is forcing you to read this thread, and there are some of us who wish to continue to discuss the fight.

Regarding the poll...............I didn't take the poll, because it doesn't answer or get to the questions that many have posed regarding this fight.............this one ain't as simple as just saying someone won or lost..............this is actually a fairly complex fight, since there was nothing to judge it on, other than what they didn't do.

To Avatan or whatever your user name is............I certainly don't take any offense and I can learn from all who post here for the most part.

Wes lost this fight for lack of heart............not because he didn't outscore James.