Sign in to follow this  
elcanario

The Offical Kimbo Slice Fan Club Thread

When Roy went for the shoot Kimbo tried to hit him with a knee & got caught. That was his biggest mistake. It may have turned out to be a completely diff match if he wouldve tried to avoid the shoot in the first place.

Kimbos stand up is A+ no doubt if they are standing that fight is over, however in MMA you are allowed to FLOP and hold your opponent down, I have no problem with GSP ground and pound or Lesnar Ground and pound, however something has to be done about FLOPERS!! there needs to be a 10-15 second inactive rule where they are brought back to there feet..Kimbos hands are explosive, if he can fight at 205 there isnt a guy who can just hold (Lay on him) until they gain the position that is persumed dominant. Im not saying he will clean house at 205 but he can do some damage there. He weighed in at 230 tonight.

Kimbos stand up is A+ no doubt if they are standing that fight is over' date=' however in MMA you are allowed to FLOP and hold your opponent down, I have no problem with GSP ground and pound or Lesnar Ground and pound, however something has to be done about FLOPERS!! there needs to be a 10-15 second inactive rule where they are brought back to there feet..Kimbos hands are explosive, if he can fight at 205 there isnt a guy who can just hold (Lay on him) until they gain the position that is persumed dominant. Im not saying he will clean house at 205 but he can do some damage there. He weighed in at 230 tonight.[/quote']

a crucifix is a very active controlling posture. it is a dominant position, although it may look boring, it is a very useful tactic, and im surprised more fighters try to get the mount from side control instead of a crucifix. if roy knew any jiujitsu at all he couldve busted kimbo's arm on several occasions, instead he just chose to pin him down and keep throwing some blows down. not the most exciting way to win the fight, but nonetheless it is a good way to control your opponent in a dominating position with a probable chance of winning the fight

if somebody has you in a controlling position, and they are striking you, it is your job to at least make an attempt to defend yourself or try to get out of the position. kimbo did neither, which is why he lost the fight.

Anyone who out weighs someone by 40LBS can gain control of someone on the ground, he FLOPED and laid until he inched his way tward the crucifix a crucifix is not boring when it is used to actually pound someone out..

on a side note why is my thread merged into a kimbo slice fan club??? i don't recall ever joining such a group

i am criticising him more than anything!

I hope everyone see's this as a f'in joke. Dana White should be ashamed to watch that shiit. That was miserable. Nelson is a old fluke w no balls. Big let down for me. There is no way Nelson could stand up w him or fight w him. Take the tech out of it and let them fight like men.Sittin on someone slappin them on top the head ain't fighting, Dana FIRE YOUR REF!!!

Anyone who out weighs someone by 40LBS can gain control of someone on the ground' date=' he FLOPED and laid until he inched his way tward the crucifix a crucifix is not boring when it is used to actually pound someone out..[/quote']

instead of pulling the weight card why not acknowledge the fact that kimbo's ground game was weak. what if that was a smaller guy on top, like gracie or minotauro, or anybody in the ufc for that matter who isnt any bigger..kimbo wouldve been done for the minute he hits the mat.

but then again what am i saying.... who cares how good kimbo's ground game is. he shouldnt even have to train. because someobody is X amount of pounds heavier, that must determine who wins the fight! may as well not even make an effort to get out of a bad situation when you leave yourself vulnerable because there is no way in hell you can try to use your knees to pull up and twist out of a crucifix when your opponent overweighs you....right.

kimbo wasnt squirming, he wasnt trying to move his hips and legs to buck out, he wasnt doing anything to try to escape. with his lower body which had no control on it whatsoever. i really don't think he was fully prepared to be in that situation, and its not just because roy nelson is a few big mac's heavier.

but for kimbo's sake he should just be happy that nelson isn't skilled in jiujitsu, because any fighter in the ufc that could get kimbo on his back that easy would have dismantled him. it wasnt 30 pounds of roy nelson's big macs that cost him the fight. it was his own inexperience for not knowing what to do in bad situations, his ground game is flawed and he demonstrated my point quite obviously.

kimbo is learning fast and pretty well. i believe he will have a good shot. kimbo really wants this bad and i believe he will do whatever it takes to get him where he wants to be. and thats what you call a fighter.

GO KIMBO!!!

kimbo is learning fast and pretty well. i believe he will have a good shot. kimbo really wants this bad and i believe he will do whatever it takes to get him where he wants to be. and thats what you call a fighter.

GO KIMBO!!!

Yep' date=' i like that hes humble too. When he doesn't have to be. I wish him the best in his future.

I wrote a review on the site Here . If anyone wants to read.

peace.

Two Voices | Two Guys

i also have bin a kimbo fan since day one..... from street fighter to mma he has the hunger and the desire to b a champ..... today he said sumthin that made me like him more.... he said he wants to learn muai ty n jitstu to become a better fighter...... wat makes me like him is he is hungery, he came from nothin, traines hard, is not n it for money, and knos he lacks certin things about mma and wants to get better....

just got finished watching. still a fan. the guy comes across really well. dissapointed he lost but maybe by the looks of things he'll get another shot. if not next week, then maybe in a few

OK guys. I know that a lot of you are upset at the outcome, but lets get back on topic here OK.

This is a Kimbo Slice Fan Club Thread. Post words of support for Kimbo, and things like that. There are quite a few threads dealing with the fight (I'm sure 3 more were just made while I was writing this post) so lets keep that stuff in there

We set up these fan club threads for the fighters as well as you. Last year we had several fights come on and post in their threads and were very thankful for all the support. Lets try to have the same deal here OK

Kimbo got robbed by the belly of a fat man. learn jiu jitsu it is the most impotant element of mma, if he did even brock would be in trouble, his hands are deadly time to get a ground game.

Kimbo Slice is an incredibly hard worker who is willing to learn MMA. His standup is impressive and he's willing and eager and able to learn the ground game. He's a very likeable guy, he's down to earth. Its impossible to dislike Kimbo.

Yeah I'm a huge Kimbo fan, and I can't wait to see him fight again.

Hello friends !!

No worries about this loss, soon we?ll see Kimbo fighting again, it?s not the finish. With more train this guy could be the best of the TUF 10. I can?t talk about if herb did good or bad in his decision. Personally i thinh Kimbo needs more work... HARD WORK, and learn to defend, one year training with Brock would be great hehehehe. Also i?m agree that the Roy?s punchs was a joke, never Kimbo shows tired. Now, waiting for more.

Kimbo Slice ! WE LOVE YOU BROTHER !!!!! we?ll support you ever ! come back and make a good job.

Kimbo will be back better. You learn more from a poor loss than an easy win... Even if Kimbo still lacks a fully rounded game, he already has a few that even some current champions don't have- respect, humility, honour, honesty and sportsmanship. In any other profession these skills would take you pretty close to the peak. Add some bruising standup, a hunger to succeed, balls of steel, and a massive cult following; not to mention an army of new fans from this series; and you realise that with a decent ground game and some solid take down defense the guy could be F-ing HUGE for UFC.

Respect to Kimbo.