Sign in to follow this  
owthatlookspainful

All things Kimbo: Talk about it here

brock lesnar would smash kimbo slice. same for frank mir kimbo does not have a shot in the ufc. he not fight bums off the street he fight pro fighter. randy corture would beat him. no shot in the ufc sorry kimbo fans.

Kimbo would get DESTROYED by Lesnar. We already know he has no wrestling whatsoever.

It's ridiculous. He can maybe beat some other heavyweights, but def. not Lesnar. Lesnar will "Mir' Kimbo.

He is on Rampage's team. Fighting against what is basically Greg now. Kinda weird.

And, he is not in the UFC yet, but he is on TUF, so let's move this on over to the correct forum now.

If Greg Jackson is willing to take him in Kimbo is obviously dedicated to MMA. I would bet every penny I have that Nelson beats him next week but this kind of makes me think that Kimbo doesnt end up getting ktfoed. Or maybe he subs in for someone with an injury later on in this show and ends up with a win... I used to hate this guy because off all the shady stuff Elite XC was doing for him behind the scenes but he seems to be sincere about MMA.

I got Kimbo winning against Nelson, then fighting Schaub in his second fight...that's my prediction :D

He is on Rampage's team. Fighting against what is basically Greg now. Kinda weird.

And' date=' he is not in the UFC yet, but he is on TUF, so let's move this on over to the correct forum now.[/quote']

My bad...just figured there are already a million threads about Kimbo there. Plus, this deals a lot with Dana White so I figured it belonged in the main UFC thread rather than TUF.

If Greg Jackson is willing to take him in Kimbo is obviously dedicated to MMA. I would bet every penny I have that Nelson beats him next week but this kind of makes me think that Kimbo doesnt end up getting ktfoed. Or maybe he subs in for someone with an injury later on in this show and ends up with a win... I used to hate this guy because off all the shady stuff Elite XC was doing for him behind the scenes but he seems to be sincere about MMA.

Just curious... not to be an idiot or anything but what kind of stuff was Elite XC doing for Kimbo?

wow, can't believe dana flat out said it like that though. Makes me believe that after all the smack talk dana did about that kimbo makes it to the finals. Dana said whether he wins or loses, but dana also said that the only way Kimbo makes it into the UFC is through TUF. Maybe i'm reading to much into, maybe not, have to wait and see i guess, but either way congrats Kimbo.

Not sure why you guys are so hard on Kimbo.. Though I do not like him imitating Bernie Macs talking to the camara saying "Hello America", he is obviously trying and being humble - you can tell that already from what we have seen on TUF. and we know he is a natural in boxing even if it was only farmhouse battles. You combine that with some leg kicks and very major take down defense and you already have someone who probably could at least stick around a few matches in the UFC and you know that is true... Call it twinking or power leveling a fighter all you want sure, but it might work till he learns true MMA.

You know that most of you just talk ********... When lesnar came you said he don?t survive he has no Bjj skills etc...no he is the champ and he has great wrestling skills that helps him alot but he improves in other parts of MMA....

So now here is Kimbo he is a great striker--boxer with no or bad groundgame game...can you see the what i mean when he improves in other parts of mma i see a similarity to Lesnar...

Lesnar great groundgame but on his feeds we don?t know yet

Kimbo great on his feeds but on the ground we don?t know yet

For me it is totally similar not to mention that Kimbo is also a gene freak i mean look at his arms and back,also very similar to Lesnar....

Just curious... not to be an idiot or anything but what kind of stuff was Elite XC doing for Kimbo?

they damn near RUINED his image, hyped him to be this monster of a fighter, kimbo NEVER wanted that, but with the money they were offering him only an idiot would refuse

but now it seems like hes puttin MMA training first then money, which i think thats the attitude he should have had in the first place

You know that most of you just talk ********... When lesnar came you said he don?t survive he has no Bjj skills etc...no he is the champ and he has great wrestling skills that helps him alot but he improves in other parts of MMA....

So now here is Kimbo he is a great striker--boxer with no or bad groundgame game...can you see the what i mean when he improves in other parts of mma i see a similarity to Lesnar...

Lesnar great groundgame but on his feeds we don?t know yet

Kimbo great on his feeds but on the ground we don?t know yet

For me it is totally similar not to mention that Kimbo is also a gene freak i mean look at his arms and back' date='also very similar to Lesnar....[/quote']

agree 100% dude, lesnar and kimbo are like each others kryptonite, lesnars weakness is his stand up even the lesnar fans now that, look at mir fight to round 2 before mir got taken down lesnar was rocked lol

kimbo's weakness is takedowns and ground game, i think if kimbo got more training (and hes in extreme couture, one of the best camps :P) i think he will be a force to be reckoned with

wow' date=' can't believe dana flat out said it like that though. Makes me believe that after all the smack talk dana did about that kimbo makes it to the finals. Dana said whether he wins or loses, but dana also said that the only way Kimbo makes it into the UFC is through TUF. Maybe i'm reading to much into, maybe not, have to wait and see i guess, but either way congrats Kimbo.[/quote']

dana white said "the only way kimbo will be in UFC is if he goes through TUF"

dana never said he has to win it

EVERYONE has been calling this since the first announce ment

"kimbo will be in UFC no matter win or lose, he brings the bucks in" and dana knows that :P

dana white said "the only way kimbo will be in UFC is if he goes through TUF"

dana never said he has to win it

EVERYONE has been calling this since the first announce ment

"kimbo will be in UFC no matter win or lose' date=' he brings the bucks in" and dana knows that :P[/quote']

i never said he had to win it either. read the post nowhere does it say he has to win TUF. I meant could it be a possible spoiler as to Kimbo winning TUF.

There are a couple of other spoilers, which I am not allowed to mention here (but we have all seen them)...but yeah, what really convinces me Kimbo won at least one or two fights is the fact that the UFC Owner said he was "very impressed" with Kimbo's performance.

Yes, we all talked trash about Kimbo at one point in time, but if he really goes to NM and trains with Jackson he could become one of the best HW fighters in the UFC. We all know how many quality fighters Jackson has trained out there (about 15 big names), and I completely agree that Kimbo would have greater benefited from being on Team Rashad. The fact that Rashad likes him so much now after basically saying he wasn't that good in the first episode (and passing up on him, obviously) speaks volumes about Kimbo. We are all getting to know the real Kimbo Slice; an honest, hard-working, humble, scary looking dude.

I used to just want him to knock someone TFO, but now I actually want him to win the show.

I would just like to point of how good of a TUF coach Rashard Evans is. When I heard about the Fight between Roy Nelson vs. Kimbo I was shocked. The reason being I thought roy was big headed, and reminded me of a washed up has been. But I did some research and BIg Country Roy Nelson aint what he appears he has tough chin well rounded fight game and is smart fighter, and now that he is actual listening to his corner I think this may pose alot of problems for kimbo.

Now to the whole point of Rashard Being a great TUF coach is that he is a good strategist. Roy Nelson is probably under estimaed by the Jackson team and by Jackson himself. I think Rampage thinks Kimbo will walk all over this fight. Which is some way being under estimated gives Roy the edge.

Kimbo isn't ready. Rashard was smart. He obviously thought to himself, If I dont get rid of kimbo now he will pose a big threat to members of my team winnning. If you notice the other members of Jackson team are some what neglected and most energy goes to kimbo triaing wise. If rashard left kimbo till the end of the show to fight his prelim after all the training kimbo would recieve he would be a beast.

My Prediction is Not to predict. I think the Fight could go either way and would not be a stable bet to bet on either fighter.

Roy Nelson - Big, Clumsy and Goofy looking. Yet strong, Technical, well rounded, strong chin, knock out power, experience.

Kimbo- Big, Some what intimidating, good listener. Yet lacks the experience Roy has.

So If Kimbo wins I think it will be a Knock Out, Decisoin or Ground Pound. I think the Knock Out because Kimbo is fearless and not affraid to get hit. Now that may sound like a flaw but when your rushing in trying to knock your enemys head off the you cant be scared to take a punch. He is also very Tenacious.

If Roy wins, I think it will be a Submission, or maybe even a knock out. From past fights ive watched of Nelson He can throw down on the stand up so dont count him out there.

I am watching TUF for the first time to see the NFL players. I am considered a footballer and I am glad football players are entering the cage. I am sick of all these once nerds who went to karate class and now try to beat everyone up for picking on them in school.

Now the "cool kids" are entering and showing these kung fools the real meaning of pain!

I do agree with Evans being a good coach as well. Rampage just tried to pick the biggest guys hahaa. I wonder if Rampages team loses all the matches agains Evans, that would suck so bad for him, and then losing to Evans in the future if that fight ever happens. Anyway, i think Rampage would win in a fight between them 2, just my opinion. As far as Kimbo vs Big Country goes, i see Country winning this by ground n pound or submission.

I think people will be surpise. I think Kimbo will beat Roy.

Yeah Evens pick better fighters than Rampage. I think the fighter who won the first fight of the season will win this ultimate fighter contest.

Kimbo i think if he loses it will be TKO or a well timed chin shot from roy. I think his arms to short and muscular for roy to submit so im thinking choke or something not a arm bar or camora. But Lots people ruling out Kimbo and the same for Roy so i think it will be a war

We all know a lot goes into a great MMA fighter: Submission skills, takedown defence, standup (boxing, kickboxing, mui tai), and of course mental skills. I think we have seen in past that if your mental game is not there, either are you. Case and point Mir v Lesner. There is NO argument concerning whom has more MMA skills between the two. The problem Mir has (along with Ortiz), is that their mental game SUCKS!!! They believe their own hype. The best skill Rashad brings to his team is the ability to train his fighters mentally as well (putting as much weight in the mental game as the physical game). This is what's going to make the difference in the fights.

That being said, a fighter must be willing and open to the mental side of the game. This is where, I believe, the fight between Nelson and Slice will be decided. True Nelson is on Rashads team, but I think Kimbo is more open to the mental side of training then Nelson is. It is unfortunate that Slice is with Rampage. Rashad would be a far better coach for Kimbo than Rampage is-Rashad has far better skills, including the mental game.

With all this said, I think Kimbo will win by KO. What round? I'll let you decide.

Now MY intro to kimbo was like a year ago when i stumbled upon a illegal bare knuckle fight in some guys back yard on you tube.

Kimbo vs Some Big white guy.

Kimbo shown no mercey and smashed the kid up bad when the white guy tried to walk away.

I thought kimbo was a animal with no regards to the human body or health, but watching TUF my opinion has changed.

Now if you watch the train kimbo is very gental and finecess like a dancer. When he trains he dont try to hurt the guy he listen to the coaches input and he is well spoken.

I think Kimbo win or lose will enter the UFC.

Kimbo with the right camp and team would excel. Maybe kimbo will be one of the best to watch fighters maybe even the champ one day.

KIMBO trains well with other people.

Listens well.

No Smack Talk.

Respectful.

I think a team will pick him up and will train him.

If i was kimbo i would join a focused wrestling team that could mold a wrestler out of him.

So what do you think about kimbo.

My opionon he has the tools to be a amazing fighter.

Agreed dont kjnow bout the knock out tho it will be clos eone

We all know a lot goes into a great MMA fighter: Submission skills' date=' takedown defence, standup (boxing, kickboxing, mui tai), and of course mental skills. I think we have seen in past that if your mental game is not there, either are you. Case and point Mir v Lesner. There is NO argument concerning whom has more MMA skills between the two. The problem Mir has (along with Ortiz), is that their mental game SUCKS!!! They believe their own hype. The best skill Rashad brings to his team is the ability to train his fighters mentally as well (putting as much weight in the mental game as the physical game). This is what's going to make the difference in the fights.

That being said, a fighter must be willing and open to the mental side of the game. This is where, I believe, the fight between Nelson and Slice will be decided. True Nelson is on Rashads team, but I think Kimbo is more open to the mental side of training then Nelson is. It is unfortunate that Slice is with Rampage. Rashad would be a far better coach for Kimbo than Rampage is-Rashad has far better skills, including the mental game.

With all this said, I think Kimbo will win by KO. What round? I'll let you decide.[/quote']

watching him pick up on wrestling and scrambling, he seemed to move pretty quick, and if he can keep that quickness up and not gas for the duration of a fight, I think he has the makes of a good fighter, I have liked him thus far in the show, pretty laid back, not wanting attention, listening and learning. A good student

When I first saw Kimbo on youtube I was not impressed with his skills. He was beating on a bunch of lump-lump pancake eating nobodys. I also kept up with what that other "organization" was doing with him (not his fault, for the record). I really disliked Kimbo and thought he was a circus act. Now that I have got a chance to see his real personality on the show I must say I'm eating crow. I talked alot of $h!t about this guy and now I'm finding myself liking him... damn TUF... making me look foolish.

to be fair he does seem a nice guy and has the will to want to learn the sport. but imo the whole tuf this year is atleast 5 years to late as he's like 36 say he does sign with the ufc and takes him approx 12 months to get a good camp ect and have a respectable ground game and to be at a competable standard. and then being 37 starting an asault on the hw title when u have experienced guys in there like Brock,Carwin,Mir,Nog,Kongo,velasquez,Couture and youngsters comin through like Dos santos, dufee ect i honestly cant see him beating guys like these. id like to c him prove me wrong but i dont think it will happen imo

I am watching TUF for the first time to see the NFL players. I am considered a footballer and I am glad football players are entering the cage. I am sick of all these once nerds who went to karate class and now try to beat everyone up for picking on them in school.

Now the "cool kids" are entering and showing these kung fools the real meaning of pain!

Yeah' date=' jocks rule.

Asked if that was a decision based on the first episode's ratings, White said: "No, never. The ratings do not influence our decision. The guy can either fight or not."

BAaahhahahaha, I'm so sure they don't influence you, Dana. Not in the slightest.

you guys didn't see this coming? LOL

he could of got KO'd in his 1st fight and he'd be fighting on a future UFC card.

you guys ever hear that "money talks and everything else walks" ?

he'll be on the finale card.

I hate kimbo.

Well I can honestly say I'm not surprised. I'm a Kimbo Backer from waaay back. I thought with good training and coaching he could be a respectable MMA fighter, anda above average striker. He also lacked ANY cardio in his first 3 mma bouts. I've always liked his attitude and he is actually a humble guy trying to make a buck doing what he loves. He just happens to be Street Certified too;) I'm happy for him.

hahahahahahaha most retarded thing ive EVER heard LMAO

to be fair he does seem a nice guy and has the will to want to learn the sport. but imo the whole tuf this year is atleast 5 years to late as he's like 36 say he does sign with the ufc and takes him approx 12 months to get a good camp ect and have a respectable ground game and to be at a competable standard. and then being 37 starting an asault on the hw title when u have experienced guys in there like Brock' date='Carwin,Mir,Nog,Kongo,velasquez,Couture and youngsters comin through like Dos santos, dufee ect i honestly cant see him beating guys like these. id like to c him prove me wrong but i dont think it will happen imo[/quote']

kimbo is only 33-34 and he learns quick, IMO i think he has a good chance at any of those guys with the right training with greg jackson,

they damn near RUINED his image' date=' hyped him to be this monster of a fighter, kimbo NEVER wanted that, but with the money they were offering him only an idiot would refuse

but now it seems like hes puttin MMA training first then money, which i think thats the attitude he should have had in the first place[/quote']

That is not what he was referring to. There was talk of paying guys extra to "keep the fight on the feet."

Kimbo isn't ready. Rashard was smart. He obviously thought to himself' date=' If I dont get rid of kimbo now he will pose a big threat to members of my team winnning. If you notice the other members of Jackson team are some what neglected and most energy goes to kimbo triaing wise. If rashard left kimbo till the end of the show to fight his prelim after all the training kimbo would recieve he would be a beast.[/quote']

I'm a bit skeptical that 1month training, even if it is exceptional, can transform a fighter into a beast. Then again, one of the coaches said he went into TUF knowing almost nothing about MMA, so I'm sure any training he got made him much better than he was.

But Roy Nelson probably knows everything they've taught Kimbo, so the difference is negligible IMO. If Kimbo beats Roy, he'll probably do it without using much if any of his new training in ground game.

From a coaching perspective, Rashad probably was more interested in destroying the morale of Team Rampage than anything.

EDIT: Oh, and at this point it's safe to say that anyone would look like a great coach compared to Rampage. I have little doubt that the two finalists will be from Team Rashad.

kimbo will win his first fight and lose the second..yes' date=' he will be a replacement if someone losses...and yes, imo, kimbo will stay with the ufc. if worst fighters have gotten somewhat of a contract after TUF, i'm SURE kimbo will get one too...rating$$$...[/quote']

I was going to post my picks, seems useless now that u have done it. Lucky for me you left one ? out. I think he will fight in the finale and it will be televised (Dana is seeing $$$$$)

I'm kind of curious if he actually meant that he will be fighting at The Ultimate Fighter Finale and not the finals. He may have interpreted the question wrong. I don't think he is aloud to speak about who is in the finals. I could be wrong but we will just have to watch the show and find out. :)

well see after this season

he OBVIOUSLY doesnt suck if he already is in the UFC, this was released yesterday

greg jackson AND rashad evans BOTH wanted him to stay and continue to train with the UFC, along with his 4.1 million viewers in the first episode dana white said it was a VERY good idea

kimbo is in the UFC 100% win or lose

That is not what he was referring to. There was talk of paying guys extra to "keep the fight on the feet."

yes but that was also proved to be false a little while later

Kimbo would get DESTROYED by Lesnar. We already know he has no wrestling whatsoever.

It's ridiculous. He can maybe beat some other heavyweights' date=' but def. not Lesnar. Lesnar will "Mir' Kimbo.[/quote']

dude, kimbos stand up is better then brocks lmao if it stays on the feet kimbo will win for sure, if it goes to the ground brock will win for sure

they are each others weakness's u would know that if u were a real mma fan and not a WWE fan

i think kimbo will win, if roy throws the same combo he always threw in his previous fights (his straight left then his right hook) he will get uppercut, kimbo LOVES his uppercuts and is VERY accurate with them

BUT win or lose, kimbo IS in the ufc dana white already stated this so im happy :)

if greg jackson said he is a very good fighter and very easy to train u HAVE to believe it haha

I'm kind of curious if he actually meant that he will be fighting at The Ultimate Fighter Finale and not the finals. He may have interpreted the question wrong. I don't think he is aloud to speak about who is in the finals. I could be wrong but we will just have to watch the show and find out. :)

Yeah i second this.