Sign in to follow this  
owthatlookspainful

All things Kimbo: Talk about it here

Exactly! A lot of the fighters who aren't in the finals get to fight on the card. I have doubts that he can even beat Roy "Beer Gut" Nelson but I am rooting for Kimbo. I hope no details leak out otherwise there's no suspense in watching the show.

I just hope McSweeny gets KTFO'd just for getting a B.S. win over Wes Shivers, I'm still shocked by that decision!

Noah

I assume you?ll be fighting in the finale.

Yes, in December.

Yeah IDK if you're new to TUF, but lots of the the TUF fighters will fight in the FINALE, not just the fighters who made it to the FINALS

See that? A subtle difference in words, big difference in meaning.

i know he wont win... not well rounded enough

Right cause we have never seen any one dimensional fights in the UFC.

My guess is hes going to get alot fo respect in the cage and that can only help him. I think he will make it to Semi finals at least. I do think someone is going to challenge his ground game, but he is a horse and he could muscle his way back to his feet if he learns to hip escape.

I believe that its possible for kimbo to make it all the way. He has the stand up game and seems to be learning a whole bunch in the ground game. I know kimbos not great on the ground BUT the other heavyweights seem to suck this season. haha just my opinion. And i definitely think that they would choose kimbo to be a replacement if he lost.

I am a Kimbo fan all the way. I hope that kimbo wins, but I truly believe that there is a huge chance that Roy could and will win. He has way more experience than Kimbo. Kimbo is good... just not to that level YET. I just dont think hes ready, but i hope that he is. I hope roy gets knocked out too.

He does have the tools to be the champ one day, he just needs to sharpen his tools out a little bit. Just like his ground game, he doesnt have everything down, but does great at what is new and what is taught to him.

kimbo is only 33-34 and he learns quick' date=' IMO i think he has a good chance at any of those guys with the right training with greg jackson,[/quote']

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimbo_Slice

36 in Feb, id like to c him do well but imo its just another marketing tool by ufc, and as my previous post i honestly cant c him challenging the top 6-8 heavyweights can you guys?

He has a glass chin, is 36 years old, has received an abundance of blows to the head already, and has hardly any professional martial arts training under his belt. Sure, he can brawl. But Kimbo being the champ one day? Not in this life..

He has a glass chin' date=' is 36 years old, has received an abundance of blows to the head already, and has hardly any professional martial arts training under his belt. Sure, he can brawl. But Kimbo being the champ one day? Not in this life..[/quote']

glass chin where do u get ur info lmao

seth hit him in the TEMPLE, anyone will go down from a temple shot i dont care who u are,

i want kimbo to be champ 1 day just to shut ppl up like u lmao

He does tag him' date=' but i dont think it will knock him down. I hope kimbo wins![/quote']

same here, it looks like they go to second round tho by the way it shows kimbo in his corner not sweaty at all

then at his corner again but kinda sweaty hahaha

In the beggining of the show when it shows little clips for like a second? Well I swear it shows kimbo raise his hands like he is celebrating? They really need to be more careful with the editing cos u can kinda tell **** thats gonna happen during the season.

i hope kimbo wins. i like him from what ive seen on the show, he's shown humility and even looked a little, dare i say, intimidated at times on the show and thats made me a fan. yes ive seen all the youtube fights and yes im scepticle but i DO hope he wins.

I think Kimbo will win, he will surpise a lot of people. He looks better in shape than he was in ElticXC. So, it should be an interesting fight. I never like Roy, he never listen to coach and always do his way. I wonder will he ever listen to Dana White?

Yea I see that He did say finale instead of finals but to Me it at least say's He was respectable in His fight and didnt get knocked out quick as some rumors say (if I remember one said He was knocked out and then brought back and knocked out again). At least it seem's that way to Me!

After watching the"EXPERIENCED" people 'wrestler''kickboxer' not have any skills i can believe a KIMBO in the finals scenario.

my predictions is this' date=' that straight knocks him on his ****, then remember in the first trailor it shows kimbo smashin sum1 on the ground , maybe that sum1 is roy[/quote']

Yes, i remember, i?m searching for that

He had a good war with Big Ben Rothwell in the IFL but as a person I don't like Roy Nelson. Hope he gets destroyed.

Totally agree, he just seems like a big meatball to me! Hope he gets smashed by Kimbo!

I dunno, but I am hoping for a victory for Kimbo as well. I believe he will knock "Big Country" out. I guess I will have to wait and see. I'm pretty excited and I think this is a perfect test, as Country was a champ.

Nah

sometimes they even edit it misleading, I doubt that kimbo gets anywhere far with that one shown punch. but I can't wait for wed, and hope he knocks him out!

Every season of TUF has at least one jerk in it's ranks (Chris Leben, Junie Browning, Jeremy May are the best examples I can think of). To me, Roy Nelson fits the bill this year. Just because you're a former IFL champ does not automatically make you better than everyone else. If Nelson is as good as he seems to think he is then he would already be a part of the UFC and not have to go through the TUF process. Kimbo, on the other hand, seems very grateful for the opportunity to learn, and is also very aware of his shortcomings and appears to be working hard to rectify them. I hope he knocks Big Country out and gets a shot in the UFC, regardless of him winning TUF or not.

I didn't think I'd be saying this before the season started, but I really want Kimbo to win this fight. He's come off well in the first 2 episodes and he's not the ****y, big mouthed idiot I thought he'd be. Roy Nelson on the other hand...

I'm fairly confident Kimbo will win for one reason. I don't see why Spike and the UFC would base so much advertising around Kimbo if he's just gonna get beaten in episode 3.

You never know though.

not to sure why everyone is saying "if he gets in ufc" ...have u not read the LA times article? kimbo is in the UFC win or lose, he DOUBLED the viewers on the first episode AND rashad and greg jackson told dana they wanted to continue working with him

KIMBO IS IN THE UFC, im not saying he wins TUF what im saying is he is in the UFC haha

and here my prediction

with that punch shown on the teaser i think it knocks him down, and remember the first trailor they showed? where they show kimbo ground and poundin sum1 against the fence? i think that person is roy, same tattoo and everything on the upper arm

Theres been hints that he gets KO'd in his first fight' date=' not sure though, I hope he doesn't stay in the UFC, its bad rep for the sport, we need more Rich Franklin's and Shane Carwin's (educated types) to help the sport.[/quote']

the same MISS LEADING rumors said there is a fight in the house in the second episode, no fight

dont believe everything in the internet

I didn't think I'd be saying this before the season started' date=' but I really want Kimbo to win this fight. He's come off well in the first 2 episodes and he's not the ****y, big mouthed idiot I thought he'd be. Roy Nelson on the other hand...

I'm fairly confident Kimbo will win for one reason. I don't see why Spike and the UFC would base so much advertising around Kimbo if he's just gonna get beaten in episode 3.

You never know though.[/quote']

I feel the same way, as critical as I've been towards Kimbo in the past, I'd actually like to see him do well against Nelson. I think the ratings for next weeks show will be huge, hence all the advertising.

I feel the same way' date=' as critical as I've been towards Kimbo in the past, I'd actually like to see him do well against Nelson. I think the ratings for next weeks show will be huge, hence all the advertising.[/quote']

*scratches ares off the kimbo doubter list* yes, i did keep a list for the day when kimbo haters would actually realise hes a really down to earth guy

*scratches ares off the kimbo doubter list* yes' date=' i did keep a list for the day when kimbo haters would actually realise hes a really down to earth guy[/quote']

Never said he wasn't a cool guy, just that his skills leave a lot to be desired, you can cross me off the list if he beats Roy Nelson next week!

I've admitted that Kimbo has impressed me as a person on the show. He's not a Ghetto POS like I thought he'd be. He actually seems to want to learn. Thats all I could ask for someone in his position. So he gain some ground with me.

I do think Roy will be to much for him though. But maybe in the Finale show, when he has a few months to train for the fight, we'll really see what he has against one of the other guys

Just checked out that promo video. I think that shot you all are talking about is definately going to drop Big Country.

Its a right hand, a good angle, and his chin is wide open. This is the kinda shot that clips the chin, whips the head around and KOs ppl. Alot of people can take a square shot, but at an angle like that whipping of the head will knock em out.

Never said he wasn't a cool guy' date=' just that his skills leave a lot to be desired, you can cross me off the list if he beats Roy Nelson next week![/quote']

nope ur deff on the list that was talkin **** about him sayin "he doesnt belong in MMA he belongs in the streets" not ur quote just an example

nope ur deff on the list that was talkin **** about him sayin "he doesnt belong in MMA he belongs in the streets" not ur quote just an example

I was talking **** about his fighting skills, not the man himself, that would be pointless.

from Monday's interview (it's all over the net):

Kimbo:

“I wouldn’t want it no other way, man. If I have to lose a fight, I’d rather lose to a guy like that, or someone with a big name, because it just makes sense to have two big names go at it head-to-head,” said Slice. “That’s cool that it’s happening right now. It gets it out of the way and (for the rest) of the duration of the show, people get to see how I react and interact with others after a fight and it’s in the middle of the season, so it worked out perfectly."

[...]

“This fight is very exciting,” said Slice. “This is probably, I would say, not hands down, but pound-for-pound a good fight, one of my best fights…I was impressed with my performance. I was impressed with everything. I’m not crying about nothing.

you would not say "crying" unless you lost a tough fight.

could be wrong...but i think his lips got a little loose on this one.

hope I'm wrong.

I'm probably opening a HUGE can of worms' date=' but I'm curious as to people's opinion of Kimbo Slice as a legitimate MMA fighter. Does he have potential, or is he just overhyped?[/quote']

I give him more respect then these football players on TUF. Kimbo looks like he's willing to learn from people. It's hard to put aside that whole youtube fights but if you do he has a 6-1 record and shows the urge to learn and fight.

He is humble, willing to learn, and wants to show he can be somebody in the HW division. I like the attitude, and that he is learning very well. I always said if he learns the ground game better, he would be somebody. Good for him. Hope to see more of him win or lose.