Sign in to follow this  
owthatlookspainful

All things Kimbo: Talk about it here

I give him more respect then these football players on TUF. Kimbo looks like he's willing to learn from people. It's hard to put aside that whole youtube fights but if you do he has a 6-1 record and shows the urge to learn and fight.

Thought his record is 3-1?

Yeah' date=' I agree, with you, Kimbo is coming across well in the show, bit weird how Bas Rutten said he wasnt taking anything in and Rampages team says he's a 'sponge'. Dont know what I was expecting from Kimbo but he's totally different to what I thought he would be, [b']he's humble, willing to learn,[/b] keeps himself to himself, he's going the right way about getting into MMA but I dont think he will ever be at the top of the UFC.

I didnt copy, I put this too, lol

Thought his record is 3-1?

Yeah' date=' I agree, with you, Kimbo is coming across well in the show, bit weird how Bas Rutten said he wasnt taking anything in and Rampages team says he's a 'sponge'. Dont know what I was expecting from Kimbo but he's totally different to what I thought he would be, he's humble, willing to learn, keeps himself to himself, he's going the right way about getting into MMA but I dont think he will ever be at the top of the UFC.[/quote']

Not to be mean but Bas isn't exactly an amazing coach......

I've alot of respect for Kimbo, he could of acted like a ****. Instead he's got his head down to train and shown a willingness to learn all that he can and take everything on board. I really hope he does well under Greg Jackson and can become more well rounded.

I've alot of respect for Kimbo' date=' he could of acted like a ****. Instead he's got his head down to train and shown a willingness to learn all that he can and take everything on board. I really hope he does well under Greg Jackson and can become more well rounded.[/quote']

Kimbo is training at ATT right now.....

Kimbo is training at ATT right now.....

I think I read in an article that Evans invited Kimbo to train with him and Greg. Would be cool, but ATT is a great place for him too.

I've been impressed by what I've seen of Kimbo so far. It really seems like he's working hard and trying to learn and make the most of his opportunity. I can't help comparing him to Roy Nelson's attitude of not really listening to his coaches and acting like he already knows it all. I can't imagine Kimbo rising to the top of the HW division, but if he keeps training hard and develops his ground game he's going to win some fights in the UFC.

I think the guy is going to do well and go far in MMA. He is very willing to learn and a very humble person. I think he is going to make for many exciting fights in the Heavyweight division and would be a beastly at LHW if he could drop the weight.

I think the guy is going to do well and go far in MMA. He is very willing to learn and a very humble person. I think he is going to make for many exciting fights in the Heavyweight division and would be a beastly at LHW if he could drop the weight.

I certainly like the guys attitude as he's coming across. I agree LHW is the right weight for him and I could certainly see Kimbo v Seth, Kimbo v Coleman, and if he won those 2 fights then Kimbo v Ortiz, and Kimbo v Liddell being big PPV draws.

I don't think he will ever be at the level even at LHW to fight champions and contenders like Lyoto, Anderson, Shogun, Rashad, but he could put on entertaining fights against the others.

Certainly more entertaining fights at Lightheavyweight than there is at Heavyweight for him in the UFC in my opinion.

I am watching TUF for the first time to see the NFL players. I am considered a footballer and I am glad football players are entering the cage. I am sick of all these once nerds who went to karate class and now try to beat everyone up for picking on them in school.

Now the "cool kids" are entering and showing these kung fools the real meaning of pain!

Sweet post assshole. Why don't you go shove some innocent kid into his locker and crush beer cans on your forehead. Idiots like you make me sick and I'd love to see your **** in the cage sometime. We'd have a real life bully beatdown.

Kimbo has fought hard to deserve a chance to fight in a real MMA arena. I hope he proves that a normal man will desire can win in MMA and kick ****! He may look like a thug but he is taking his job seriously. He hands of stone and just needs to sprawl a lot! stay off his back and get some licks in, he will do fine....

Okay, while it is possible, with his striking skills and power (and heart), that Kimbo beats Roy Nelson.....it's very unlikely.

There have been a plethora of rumors flying around, as well many of us trying to use quick edit clips shown in promos and opening credits to figure out how kimbo does, if he wins, and who he wins or loses to.

Based on the resume of his opponent, the clips of Kimbo fighting we have seen, and the many rumors flying around (some more credible than others)....here is my working THEORY on Kimbo on TUF 10:

He will lose to Nelson tonight....no clue what round, but as Kimbo said was happy with the match and his performance....i expect it to go to the 2nd and be rather back and forth, and eventually Nelson get ground control and TKO's Kimbo on the mat. Ref stoppage.

Everyone is pleased with his effort and skill shown against an experienced and very tough opponent.

Including Roy, Evens, and Dana.

Kimbo stays in the house, of course....and at some point in the season (as has been heavily rumored), a meat head pushes and pushes Kimbo too far....taking a swing at him. Kimbo returns the favor and knocks the dude out. Say what you want about Kimbo in a cage, but if you fight him outside the ring/cage with no ref....you're a moron. That's his bread and butter.

Anyway....because the OTHER guy started the fight...Dana kicks him off....AND KIMBO GETS HIS SPOT.

From there, Kimbo wins his next fight (as seen in his ground and pound footage in the opening credits). From there? Who knows?

He IS fighting in the Finale, of course...and it will be televised...of course.

How far will he go with second chance? Finals?

we shall see.

but my point, even if he loses tonight....i think we will STILL see Kimbo back competing on the show before the finale.

This is the first time ive ever watched this program and I have to admit, Roy Nelson is a joke. He lays his flabby **** sloppy belly on top of a man, hits him like a 5 yr old girl, and thinks he's some sort of fighter. NONSENSE! Fighting is suppose to be physical, punching, moving around, not pussing out and laying on someone like a loser. He was too afraid to fight Kimbo like a man and in my opinion took the easy way out.

Roy was intimidated and took him to the ground. He smotherd his face. How can you breath when you are smotherd. maybe that crap worked in the IFL. but you will be called out in the UFC. I believe Kimbo will still have a chance

Roy was intimidated and took him to the ground. He smotherd his face. How can you breath when you are smotherd. maybe that crap worked in the IFL. but you will be called out in the UFC. I believe Kimbo will still have a chance

Can you believe at the end of the fight he said he " gave everyone a show " blah blah blah. Wtf matc was he watching? LOL The UFC is suppose to be the best of the best no? I didnt see that **** with Roy tonight. He's a sloppy mess.

Even though the Fat man is supposedly "well rounded" in comparison to some of the other competitors, I find it absolutely ridiculous that he can through his weight (fat ****) on someone...ANYONE and win!.

Hardly what i want to see in a fight.. like rampage said "No one could get out of that"

make a F$^$#* rule or something... Smothering to control is a pathetic way to fight......

He's a sloppy mess.

he sure is. he isnt near the fighter he was with the ifl. i dont think ive ever seen him this big. its taking its toll. i thought he would be the favorite but he wont win this show.

Kimbos stand up is A+ no doubt if they are standing that fight is over, however in MMA you are allowed to FLOP and hold your opponent down, I have no problem with GSP ground and pound or Lesnar Ground and pound, however something has to be done about FLOPERS!! there needs to be a 10-15 second inactive rule where they are brought back to there feet..Kimbos hands are explosive, if he can fight at 205 there isnt a guy who can just hold (Lay on him) until they gain the position that is persumed dominant. Im not saying he will clean house at 205 but he can do some damage there. He weighed in at 230 tonight.

Kimbo earned my respect...............he was very humble as the story portrayed. He listened to his coaches. He is willing to learn. He admits that he is a 'rookie'. He got beat by a guy who just isn't that impressive.

I have been a Kimbo doubter and critic, but I have to say this.............Kimbo did not fight the way that he has fought ever at all prior............he held back, did not gass himself out, and they both fought very conservatively in the first round, just feeling each other out basically..............in the second round, Kimbo knew he had to take it to Nelson and he did, but didn't learn yet to never throw a knee when you are going backwards on one leg..............that usually results in a takedown...............those shots from Nelson were legal, but as White said, his sister could have thrown those punches, but I guess that is how a veteran wins, he knows the rules and Kimbo didn't think he had to sweat those punches, but in the end, it got him.

However, Kimbo also lost very graciously and that says great things about the guys true love for MMA............not a race, but a marathon.............I can see why Rampage is going to take Kimbo on to train him as I recall reading.

All props to Kimbo..............never thought I would write such.

If you like Kimbo' date=' I'm willing to bet you enjoy a hot load in your mouth.[/quote']

HackBennys...........if you are a Kimbo hater, I bet you like a hot load up your **** nightly.

Its hard to use Anderson in any sentence with anyone to be honest, he needs his own category, But listen Kimbo has great hands, I would never say he would beat Anderson, But he has a much better chance at 205 where they physically can not just lay on the guy, and if Kimbo can actually make 205 on fight night he will be at 215-220, as long as the cut doesnt make him lathargic he has a real shot at competing for a title in that divison,he would be the physically imposing guy at 205, now actually winning is a different story thats assuming he would be trying to take a belt away from the spider, Either way I think Kimbo deserves another shot.

Kimbo earned my respect...............he was very humble as the story portrayed. He listened to his coaches. He is willing to learn. He admits that he is a 'rookie'. He got beat by a guy who just isn't that impressive.

I have been a Kimbo doubter and critic' date=' but I have to say this.............Kimbo did not fight the way that he has fought ever at all prior............he held back, did not gass himself out, and they both fought very conservatively in the first round, just feeling each other out basically..............in the second round, Kimbo knew he had to take it to Nelson and he did, but didn't learn yet to never throw a knee when you are going backwards on one leg..............that usually results in a takedown...............those shots from Nelson were legal, but as White said, his sister could have thrown those punches, but I guess that is how a veteran wins, he knows the rules and Kimbo didn't think he had to sweat those punches, but in the end, it got him.

However, Kimbo also lost very graciously and that says great things about the guys true love for MMA............not a race, but a marathon.............I can see why Rampage is going to take Kimbo on to train him as I recall reading.

All props to Kimbo..............never thought I would write such.[/quote']

yea, win or lose kimbo is in the UFC (dana whites words not mine)

but it was rashad evans and greg jackson that said they wanted to pick him up after the finale and train him

Theres been hints that he gets KO'd in his first fight' date=' not sure though, I hope he doesn't stay in the UFC, its bad rep for the sport, we need more Rich Franklin's and Shane Carwin's (educated types) to help the sport.[/quote']

I don't know man but this sounds racist to me man !

He's cool man is humble he doesn't disrespect anybody I don't get whats the bad rep !!

I don't know man but this sounds racist to me man !

He's cool man is humble he doesn't disrespect anybody I don't get whats the bad rep !!

more white people is what hes trying to get it...the rascist ****

After listening to how roy said he was going to win the fight by manipulating the UFC rules makes me realize how some people can be such a bad example of the sport. I always defend the UFC from this kind of rhetoric but after hearing it on the show from one of the fighters hurts my case. Kimbo is awesome and unfortunately/fortunately doesn't use the rules as high fight plan. I want to see Kimbo fight again against someone who wants to battle and not suffocate him.

Deep thoughts:)

well i doubt any ref with brains would fall for such a technicality ... although im sure certain things can be exploited i dont see it as huge problem .. kinda chicken **** for him to say that but its just a good thing to remember about him ...

i look at the fight and say kimbo made some rookie mistakes and on top of that, they guy he was fighting was just too big..he would of been able to throw any of the other guys off him when he used the cage....

oh well..better luck next time...

While I don't care for Roy Nelson much, in his defense he wasn't manipulating any rules. Actually he was just stating a fact that it's common knowledge that a ref will stop a fight if a fighter is taking many unanswered punches without fighting back or intelligently defending himself regardless of the strength of those punches. Not my rule and I personally think it's dumb, but it is a rule.

To kick things off, this was very dissapointing. The fight was just very hard to :STOMACH: to watch ;;[pun intended];; Roy "Big Deep-Fried Country Steak" Nelson just plummet his big stomach on Kimbo... I Really DO NOT consider smothering someone with your morbidly obese stomach on to an opponents face a fighting technique, more like it has to happen because his stomach just gets in the way of what he was orignally was going to do.

Herb Dean is a Very GOOD REF, but this fight he made horrible decisions of not letting fighter stand when there was VERY LITTLE ACTION going on the floor.

If he wasnt reffing, it hink the fight would have lead to Roy Sleeping on top of Kimbo.

Just my 2 Cents.

I really hope to see better fights and more action between ROY VS KIMBO, No Holds Bar.

End of Rant. :mad: