Sign in to follow this  
0311USMC

I quit. . .

Why? Because not everybody agrees with your opinions? That doesn't make people uneducated...interesting % 98.9 btw

I'm not for putting a serious cap on everyone or anything but ... you can tell that it's hard to keep a decent topic afloat - it's easy as pie to see a thread like "Brock is, fat he is lsorer and will lose" with like 500 posts.

That's what annoys me aswell. I mean, you can't discuss every fighter all the tie or anything but i'd rather avoid those type of threads, difficult to really find the others, and if you do, nobody posts anymore!

I'm pretty sure that there are many trolls, but I can't be sure. I think I called somebody Enter-The-Ox one the other day - which I regret because you shouldn't say something you don't know and he seemed genuine to be honest.

I usually go to the UFC forum to read news, but not a whole lot else. But then, I don't really like replying to threads.

I thinks it's my fear of saying something uneducated that holds my post-o-meter back.

I usually go to the UFC forum to read news' date=' but not a whole lot else. But then, I don't really like replying to threads.

I thinks it's my fear of saying something uneducated that holds my post-o-meter back.[/quote']

to be honest. I haven't been watching MMA for as long as most or even training for as long as most. But even somebody who's been watching it since day 1 (arcane knight) can come across like a know-it-all (which to me is as bad as a troll or whatever).

To me anyway, it's more about being respectful of one another and be willing to share knowledge. Not about elite level status.

I though the when did you start watching ufc thread was a good thread. Some people get ripped for (hypothectically) getting into mma after tuf 1. Whereas the first UFC I anticipated and knew about was 77 (Silva-Franklin 2). I don't think it's noobs neccessarily that are offensive because I don't seem to cause much offence.

I honestly think it's more about - 'who's here to share and learn (too serious) or just chat and hopefully meet some nice people' ..

and 'who's here to troll, be a know-it-all, be condescending'

I'm probably half right/half wrong and I can only speak for what I feel - but than again i've got nearly 1000 posts so therefore way way better than you are. :D (kidding)

I've only been watching MMA for a little over 2 years now. I've been really getting into it starting with TUF season season 6. So by most standards, I'm a noob. However, I really took to the sport and started doing my research and immersing myself in it. Some people don't go to the lengths that I do. Some people are casual viewers. In fact, we see them after every fight night. Casual viewers pop up after every fight night and discuss their displeasure. Its kinda sad really.

While I absolutely love that people are becoming more and more attracted to the sport, I really wish they'd do some silent reading before trying to show up and talk the big talk.

I've only been watching MMA for a little over 2 years now. I've been really getting into it starting with TUF season season 6. So by most standards' date=' I'm a noob. However, I really took to the sport and started doing my research and immersing myself in it. Some people don't go to the lengths that I do. Some people are casual viewers. In fact, we see them after every fight night. Casual viewers pop up after every fight night and discuss their displeasure. Its kinda sad really.

While I absolutely love that people are becoming more and more attracted to the sport, I really wish they'd do some silent reading before trying to show up and talk the big talk.[/quote']

Well that could actually hurt their cause no days on the forum. With all the people posting outrageous and just flat out wrong information.

I would say look into things on the internet or books or MMA magizines before trusting some of the posts you see in here

Well that could actually hurt their cause no days on the forum. With all the people posting outrageous and just flat out wrong information.

I would say look into things on the internet or books or MMA magizines before trusting some of the posts you see in here

Thats what I meant. Silent reading as in, "take some time to go out and learn before showing up and talking nonsense".

Thats what I meant. Silent reading as in' date=' "take some time to go out and learn before showing up and talking nonsense".[/quote']

I thought you were talking about reading the forum without posting

The snobby responses from the O G's don't help spread the love either......

It's not the size of the post count , it's the quality in it....

I understand this sight has grown tremendiously since alot of u have been here ; i think u need to embrace the growth instead of hating it... NO it's not the little site u all came to love and remember doesnt make it bad..

EVOLVE.

The snobby responses from the O G's don't help spread the love either......

It's not the size of the post count ' date=' it's the quality in it....

I understand this sight has grown tremendiously since alot of u have been here ; i think u need to embrace the growth instead of hating it... NO it's not the little site u all came to love and remember doesnt make it bad..

EVOLVE.[/quote']

I don't think any of us senior members care that the site has grown, we just want people to do a little research before posting some of the silly things that a lot of them do.

Ask questions if you don't know, things like that. Its when people that don't know anything that post like they do that gets old.

I don't think any of us senior members care that the site has grown' date=' we just want people to do a little research before posting some of the silly things that a lot of them do.

Ask questions if you don't know, things like that. Its when people that don't know anything that post like they do that gets old.[/quote']

I have never in my life seen so much complaining from senior members..LOL

I was speaking for some of the senoir members, not myself. I could care less about the new poeple (As long as they use the search button :))

I was speaking for some of the senoir members' date=' not myself. I could care less about the new poeple (As long as they use the search button :))[/quote']

search button and stay within the realm of reality, no god dam Anderson Silva vs BJ Penn type of threads

HAHA... The reason is that, at least speaking for myself, you get sick of seeing the same Brock vs. Fedor, Who can beatGSP/Silva, Rank the top 10 fighters in the UFC, Ramapage is a chump, Forrest is a cry baby, Brock owned Frank Mir, Mir is gay, and Machida is God threads. It seems as though the majority of posts are the same 5 damn topics recycled over each other.

On top of that throw in your average trolls, AK, and the 13 year old kids that think Brock Lesnar is the greatest thing since sliced bread and you have your answer to why there is so much complaining.

I just think the poster base has gotten a little younger and immature since UFC 100. I read this site for about 4-5 months before ever making my first post. I have been a fan of the sport since about 1998. It just appears that the new crowd of forum posters doesn't have that "this might be stupid to say" filter. A lot of threads in the UFC section resemble the comment section on Youtube videos. We all know that doesnt exactly make for good reading :P.

HAHA... The reason is that' date=' at least speaking for myself, you get sick of seeing the same Brock vs. Fedor, Who can beatGSP/Silva, Rank the top 10 fighters in the UFC, Ramapage is a chump, Forrest is a cry baby, Brock owned Frank Mir, Mir is gay, and Machida is God threads. It seems as though the majority of posts are the same 5 damn topics recycled over each other.

On top of that throw in your average trolls, AK, and the 13 year old kids that think Brock Lesnar is the greatest thing since sliced bread and you have your answer to why there is so much complaining.[/quote']

Ha! I made a post back in the day (geez it was only ufc 100, feels so long ago) cutting and pasting all the similar threads I found on the first 20 pages of the forums. It was absurd how many of the same posts I found and that was after the mods merged millions of threads. I remember the Q telling me I needed to get a life when I was just bored to tears with a broken leg.

It just appears that the new crowd of forum posters doesn't have that "this might be stupid to say" filter.

Someone just made a post about who would win between a fight with Gandolf and some other mighty wizard in the cage in the UFC forums. Then went on to say that though they knew it should be in the Outside (someone pointed it out) that it would get better response in the UFC section. I shed a tear.

Someone just made a post about who would win between a fight with Gandolf and some other mighty wizard in the cage in the UFC forums. Then went on to say that though they knew it should be in the Outside (someone pointed it out) that it would get better response in the UFC section. I shed a tear.

Yeap, they just moved it over here.

I just tried looking at some of the threads in that section just now. 1/3 are about related GSP topics, 1/3 of them are about who can beat Anderson Silva, and the rest are random crap that no one really cares about or already knows. People wonder why some of the vets of these forums dont read it. :rolleyes:

noobs are funny people need to just not let them get under your skin. when i see some comments it just makes me chuckle

i agree with the above ^^^

its easy to understand peoples concerns about repetetive and pointless threads and by the sounds of it' date=' this is being looked into. now [u']this isn't aimed at anyone [/u]as ive met all types of people here but i have noticed that senior members can emit some of the following vibes when greeting new members... regardless of post quality

1. the trepidatious/ protective, vibe (shared by some)

"this is MY house! take your shoes off and come in.... but for gods sake, dont touch anything!!"

2. the resentful/ pretentious, vibe (shared by some)

"you got the wrong house mate, turn yourself around and f**k off back where you came from"

3. the realistic/ healthy, vibe (again shared by some and i have met these guys/gals too)

"welcome to the commune, have fun and enjoy. oh and try to remember... we dont s**t where we eat"

again, not aimed at anyone, but intolerant members can be just as counter productive as inept posters.

once admin put in place some "thread control" by not allowing people to create threads until they have 100 posts or whatever they decide etc etc... then hopefully things will calm down on both sides of the fence. peace brethren

i agree with the above ^^^

its easy to understand peoples concerns about repetetive and pointless threads and by the sounds of it' date=' this is being looked into. now [u']this isn't aimed at anyone [/u]as ive met all types of people here but i have noticed that senior members can emit some of the following vibes when greeting new members... regardless of post quality

1. the trepidatious/ protective, vibe (shared by some)

"this is MY house! take your shoes off and come in.... but for gods sake, dont touch anything!!"

2. the resentful/ pretentious, vibe (shared by some)

"you got the wrong house mate, turn yourself around and f**k off back where you came from"

3. the realistic/ healthy, vibe (again shared by some and i have met these guys/gals too)

"welcome to the commune, have fun and enjoy. oh and try to remember... we dont s**t where we eat"

again, not aimed at anyone, but intolerant members can be just as counter productive as inept posters.

once admin put in place some "thread control" by not allowing people to create threads until they have 100 posts or whatever they decide etc etc... then hopefully things will calm down on both sides of the fence. peace brethren

All of your points are valid. But they're all problems that just about every forum on the Interwebs run into.

My feeling, and this just might be me coming off as pretentious, is that the maturity level is steadily deteriorating around this place. Not that I'm the most mature person, but when I'm having a serious discussion I can be, you know, serious. As opposed to an ignorant, barely literate enough to type a coherent sentence, person with the reading comprehension of a five-year old.

I wasn't aiming that at anyone in particular.

All of your points are valid. But they're all problems that just about every forum on the Interwebs run into.

My feeling' date=' and this just might be me coming off as pretentious, is that the maturity level is steadily deteriorating around this place. Not that I'm the most mature person, but when I'm having a serious discussion I can be, you know, [i']serious[/i]. As opposed to an ignorant, barely literate enough to type a coherent sentence, person with the reading comprehension of a five-year old.

I wasn't aiming that at anyone in particular.

of course not ;)... im aware the way i write things isnt exactly great

no, it didnt come across as pretentious and i dont disagree. like i said previously its not that i dont see the problems brought in by some new members... but we aren't all like that

of course not ;)... im aware the way i write things isnt exactly great

no' date=' it didnt come across as pretentious and i dont disagree. like i said previously its not that i dont see the problems brought in by some new members... but we aren't all like that[/quote']

I try to at least give someone a couple of posts before I label them as a lost cause so no worries. Heh.