Sign in to follow this  
CRS21211406051662

Dana loves Kimbo

Kimbo lost to Roy, in the first round really but the ref wouldnt stop it like they normally would. So finally in the second round he steps in.. Dana makes some ******** excuse about how nelson wasnt hitting hard but Kimbo was defenseless. Now Marcus is gonna get hurt? How convenient. Dana wants Kimbo to win this tournament so bad it is ridicolous.

Kimbo lost to Roy' date=' in the first round really but the ref wouldnt stop it like they normally would. So finally in the second round he steps in.. Dana makes some ******** excuse about how nelson wasnt hitting hard but Kimbo was defenseless. Now Marcus is gonna get hurt? How convenient. Dana wants Kimbo to win this tournament so bad it is ridicolous.[/quote']

sssoooooo.......... the rest of the fighters are garbage from what ive seen. roy is horrible.

sssoooooo.......... the rest of the fighters are garbage from what ive seen. roy is horrible.

and we've only learned that Dana loves money, and Kimbo=$$$ Roy=Turning the channel which i could have told you when TUF cast was revealed...

Kimbo lost to Roy' date=' in the first round really but the ref wouldnt stop it like they normally would. So finally in the second round he steps in.. Dana makes some ******** excuse about how nelson wasnt hitting hard but Kimbo was defenseless. Now Marcus is gonna get hurt? How convenient. Dana wants Kimbo to win this tournament so bad it is ridicolous.[/quote']

Roy hit like a b****. Those shots were barely landing. From one side, even in the 2nd round Kimbo wasn't hurt but I see why he fight was stopped cause he couldn't have possibly made it back to his feet.

Awful fight.

That's just Dana protecting his investment. Pumping him up so he can bring him back for the Finale. Dana is a hypeman, plain and simple. He hypes his fighters, it's his job. He gets people to believe he didn't really lose, then people will have no problem seeing him come back and giving it another go.

They also matched him up against the person, he had nothing to lose against. Roy Nelson, is the most accomplished HW on the show, losing to him, did nothing at all to hurt his stock, as opposed to losing to one of the more garbage fighters, where there wouldn't really have been an argument to be made to keep him around.

It's just funny to hear Dana talk all that crap on Kimbo for so long, only to turn around and stick up for him like Kimbo was one of his best friends.

That's just Dana protecting his investment. Pumping him up so he can bring him back for the Finale. Dana is a hypeman' date=' plain and simple. He hypes his fighters, it's his job. He gets people to believe he didn't really lose, then people will have no problem seeing him come back and giving it another go.

They also matched him up against the person, he had nothing to lose against. Roy Nelson, is the most accomplished HW on the show, losing to him, did nothing at all to hurt his stock, as opposed to losing to one of the more garbage fighters, where there wouldn't really have been an argument to be made to keep him around.

It's just funny to hear Dana talk all that crap on Kimbo for so long, only to turn around and stick up for him like Kimbo was one of his best friends.[/quote']

agree 100%

Nelson wasnt hitting hard at all..

Agreed teh gheyest stoppage EVER!!! My mom could have done more damage from that position. Baby taps should never stop a fight whether your intelligently defending or not.

Not to mention they were landing on the crown of his head. If they were landing to the face I could understand but he wasn't doing any damage at all.

I don't even like Kimbo but that was a silly stoppage. Kimbo would have lost anyway by UD but it shouldn't have been stopped IMO. Maybe that's a good thing though and will make Kimbo work really hard on his ground game. I really liked Kimbo's attitude very humble and wants to learn.

All he had to do is bridge explosively to create space to escape his arms. Why Rampage and Tiki never coached him about that is beyond me. Good fighters, horrible coaches.

Honestly i hope Roy Nelson wins this and makes it all the way to Brock Lesnar(wont ever happen but hey why not dream) so Lesnar can show him how GroundNPound is really done.

As far as Kimbo goes, same old same old. Great stand up no ground skills, but i will and always will like the guy his style is just so interesting to watch when he actually gets to use it.

Agreed teh gheyest stoppage EVER!!! My mom could have done more damage from that position. Baby taps should never stop a fight whether your intelligently defending or not.

Not to mention they were landing on the crown of his head. If they were landing to the face I could understand but he wasn't doing any damage at all.

I don't even like Kimbo but that was a silly stoppage. Kimbo would have lost anyway by UD but it shouldn't have been stopped IMO. Maybe that's a good thing though and will make Kimbo work really hard on his ground game. I really liked Kimbo's attitude very humble and wants to learn.

All he had to do is bridge explosively to create space to escape his arms. Why Rampage and Tiki never coached him about that is beyond me. Good fighters' date=' horrible coaches.[/quote']

Dude easier said than done, Roy is heavy, I think he's the heavies one this season.

Dude easier said than done, Roy is heavy, I think he's the heavies one this season.

Exactly, he is at the top of his weight class. Kimbo was smothering under that Hippo lookin S.O.B. I would have liked to see kimbo maybe bridge harder or put some final efferts to get out. I've been under bigger dudes then that in Judo and its sucks but its possible to get out.

I feel bad for Kimbo. I think he was working pretty hard to bring his ground skills up, and was doing decently to stuff takedowns, but he made a big mistake trying to use the knee on that last one and really had little idea what he should do on his back. I'm hoping he'll up his game and bring new stuff to the ring later.

As for the fight... I understand why it was stopped. It still sucked. :P

could be wrong, but i think the ref didn't stop it in the first round is because well there was only like 8 secs left when the warning of stopping was first stated, and the fact that the punches weren't do no damage at all.

I doubt marcus is hurt and not able to fight, just another hype for Kimbo to keep people watching cause the guys in charge of TUF and what parts of TUF are shown know that with the way the first 3 fights have went, viewers are gonna stop watching this season. If they want to keep people viewing they better get two guys in there that are gonna go nuts like griffin vs. bonnar 1 cause right now i don't know anyone online or personally that is excited bout this season so far.

Dude easier said than done' date=' Roy is heavy, I think he's the heavies one this season.[/quote']

If Kimbo would have crawled his heels to his butt and bridged explosively Roy would have been forced to post his hand out or risk losing position competely. At which point Kimbo could have used that space to free his arm(s).

It doesn't matter that Roy is heavy Kimbo is strong enough that if he bridged explosively he could have created just enough space to atleast escape being trapped.

At the very least it would stop him from punching to maintain his balance. The only thing kimbo did right was keep his head up so Roy couldn't get a clean shot on his face.

Regardless he did nothing and recieved no advice either and those baby taps were not doing enough damage to call for a stoppage.

Roy even mentioned his strategy before the fight. He said you can do light taps but if the guy's not defending it you can get a stoppage. Sad he was right.

There's a saying that if you don't shoot you always miss. Can't hurt to try.

and we've only learned that Dana loves money' date=' and Kimbo=$$$ Roy=Turning the channel which i could have told you when TUF cast was revealed...[/quote']

Dude get out of my head and stop stealing my thoughts!:D

Good point, am I the only one who thinks rampages cornermen don't know what the hell they're doing? You see rampage never saying anything useful during the fights, lol. "get up" " come on" "get em, get em".

call me crazy but where does everyone get that kimbo's stand up is spectacular ? he's not a bad dude but his skills lack .. im sure tons of people see him and just want him to succeed .. but when it comes down to it in the ufc its not gonna happen .. he choked when it came to Gannon .. back in the youtube days .. its all hype .. just another avenue to bring more fans and the almighty $ .. not that its bad for the sport but as we see all to much here on these forums people have this false since of hope like he's gonna just turn into this MMA fighter all the sudden ... true fans know when it comes to this ******** dana plays to suck people in .. i guess its the ufc's half-time show

That's just Dana protecting his investment. Pumping him up so he can bring him back for the Finale. Dana is a hypeman' date=' plain and simple. He hypes his fighters, it's his job. He gets people to believe he didn't really lose, then people will have no problem seeing him come back and giving it another go.

It's just funny to hear Dana talk all that crap on Kimbo for so long, only to turn around and stick up for him like Kimbo was one of his best friends.[/quote']

He almost made a career doing it for Liddell.....

I wanna vent: The stupid rule that says that if a fighter is being hit and can't defend himself really backfired last night. What a waste of a rule and a fight! Roy Nelson: You hit like a little girl and win on a technicality essentially because you FAT GUT belly flopped on Kimbo and then hit him like a little girl! You suck!! You are a disgrace to the sport and your gut is twice as big as mine! You are a school yard bully who tries to squash people because you are so fat and fall on them and say: I won because I'm fat and squished him! THen you had the ballz to ask Dana forcefully for a Booger King Hambooger! YOU SUCK I said! Lose some weight fatsO! You did not win over Kimbo, you LOST my respect and that of all the human league. You don't deserve the knock out of the night nor 5 grand. You don't even know how to fight. All you can do is bend the Frickin rules and YOU SUCK!!!

Roy was smart, he used his size to his advantage and took in the fact that Kimbo knew little ground game. It wasn't a fight that TUF had been hyping for an entire week. It was a huge letdown. I was rooting for Kimbo to win, because he was the underdog. If you noticed when Roy got hit, he was a little bit dazed. Kimbo ****ed up when he tried to do a knee. He just could have stuck with punches.

Kimbo is a great money maker and fan magnet! its crazy! the charts are off the scale! can you blame dana for taking advantage? anyone put in his position would. i still think this season is the suckiest its ever been, but its pulling in the most viewers just because of kimbo!

it might be true that dana just wants kimbo to fight in the competition, so do i. marcus looks like he sucks anyways! ahhah did you guys see him training?