Sign in to follow this  
PakaL

Hate on Roy here.

All you people make it seem like Roy is the one and only person to ever use a crucifix to his advantage to win a fight ... Cain Velasquez used one as well as Matt Hughes in order to win a fight. It is a good way to make your opponent not be able to defend himself and force him into getting up or having the fight stopped. I mean yeah when he took Kimbo down and got straight into mount he should have ended it there but I honestly can't fault Roy for going to the crucifix ... I honestly can't.

Kimbos stand up is A+ no doubt if they are standing that fight is over, however in MMA you are allowed to FLOP and hold your opponent down, I have no problem with GSP ground and pound or Lesnar Ground and pound, however something has to be done about FLOPERS!! there needs to be a 10-15 second inactive rule where they are brought back to there feet..Kimbos hands are explosive, if he can fight at 205 there isnt a guy who can just hold (Lay on him) until they gain the position that is persumed dominant. Im not saying he will clean house at 205 but he can do some damage there. He weighed in at 230 tonight.

Its really sad that anybody would watch a show just for Kimbo. I admit...He's a bad man in a street fight, but did anybody that knows **** about MMA really expect him to beat Roy Nelson. That porky bastard can fight and has fought and stood toe to toe with bigger better names than Kimbo likely ever will. Not to take anything away from Kimbo, but he's just not ready for that type of all around fighter yet. Thats why Rashad picked THAT fight.

Roy should fight Tank Abbot perfect match but tank will punch the F***K out of him while roy tries to throw kindergarten punches and just piss Tank off more lol this was so sad i still cant get over this fight . if your gonna lay on someone face and suffocate them at least destroy them don't pat them on the head and gloat about your childish pu**y punch win and i only say punches cuz they where closed fist lol he might as well have been tapping him with one finger it woulda hurt the same but been WAY more annoying kinda like when ur kid wants ur attention when ur watching tv and taps you on the head endlessly so you pay them attention lol u dads and moms know what im talking about lol

what the hell was that, i looked forward to this fight all week. was very disapointed when i finally got to watch it. didn't think the ref would let roy sit on kimbos face for a win.

i never saw the dead weight technique before tonight. no a win is not a win. he used a loop hole in the rules to get a victory. i dont think anyone wants to see a fat guy manipulate the rules to win over a guy who was game to fight....i know i dont.

Roy hasn't had a fight in 6 mo. and hadn't been trainin only at home. This guy can fight no question about it. Watch him get better as he keeps train and fighting. You can't expected him to be in great shape in only 3 weeks.

I registered just so that I can ***** and complain. What the hell was that!!??

that was not a fight. "Big Country" my ****. And he won fights where? That was

an easy win and a huge disappointment for MMA fans, just like the first episode.

What else can I say?.......I hope Dana is P.O.d

Take Dana White's nuts out of your mouth. Kimbo wasn't defending' date=' it should have been stopped after the first round when he had him in the crucifix.[/quote']

Totally agree...He couldn't defend a damn thing Roy was doing. And you just knew it was going to happen in the second round too. Buy a ground game Kimbo.

Its really sad that anybody would watch a show just for Kimbo. I admit...He's a bad man in a street fight' date=' but did anybody that knows **** about MMA really expect him to beat Roy Nelson. That porky bastard can fight and has fought and stood toe to toe with bigger better names than Kimbo likely ever will. Not to take anything away from Kimbo, but he's just not ready for that type of all around fighter yet. Thats why Rashad picked THAT fight.[/quote']Finally, someone with some sense.

yes it was ******** roy is a fat **** did nothing to win that fight herb should have stood them up cuz he smothered with his fat kimbo would have knocked him out roy sicks

Its not just that people cheer for him. Its that they made him out to be this entire season. Every ad on TV for this season is about Kimbo. This forum has stickies for Kimbo fan clubs. More then 2 months ago there were TV ads saying KIMBO IS COMING!!. INTERNET SENSATION!!. Its like I am going to see the new rambo movie. they kill off rambo in the first 20 min and the rest of the movie is about his friend.

These fights are boring. All 3 have been. I was hoping for Kimbo to be like Tank Abbot in the first few UFC tourneys but instead we are seeing the good old curse of the HW class that everyone hates. Fat people smothering other fat people and winning that way. That is why the HW class is so damn boring.

At least MIR and some of the others still have the balls to stand up and fight. I have zero respect for blobs that want to dry **** for 5 min hoping to win with some tap tap crap.

All you people make it seem like Roy is the one and only person to ever use a crucifix to his advantage to win a fight ... Cain Velasquez used one as well as Matt Hughes in order to win a fight. It is a good way to make your opponent not be able to defend himself and force him into getting up or having the fight stopped. I mean yeah when he took Kimbo down and got straight into mount he should have ended it there but I honestly can't fault Roy for going to the crucifix ... I honestly can't.

Most fighter can get out of that move with an explosion and a turn! Its not Roys fault Kimbo couldn't defend! Its a win!!

Well i was interested in the 4 former NFL players before the season came out(Kimbo too) but when i found out Marcus Jones was coming on i got pretty excited because the guy was a #1 draft choice in the NFL, and you have to be some hell of a beast athlete to get drafted #1 as a DE

fack roy nelson... what a fat pusty. his entire strategy was to get the fight called due to 15 consecutive ****** slaps. maybe he can get a job with Jenny Craig once he gets knocked the ***** out

after 10 seasons it is time to remove TUF from my tivo.

yea its was some weak punches. yes he is fat.

But if he is so bad kimbo should have one.

couture would beat roy

brock would beat roy

ide put my money on almost all the UFC heavyweights wouldeve beat roy.

so if kimbo lost how would he stack up in the real thing.

i like kimbo but he just is not ready for the UFC.

and about Dana... well i guess its all about the money

roy nelson.......boring

did he show up to fight or not? i think that crucifix nonsense should be banned.

Or maybe you could just develop a ground game and not get caught in that position

if kimbo would've ben KO'd by those punches' date=' that means my 5 year old daughter could KO. Thats gotta be one of the dumbest posts i've ever read in my life. Yea Roy beat Kimbo, but kimbo got up and walked around the cage and was ready for more, roy went and had to rest against the cage, roy is not gonna win this or make it past his next fight, kimbo will get roy again, prolly TUF Finale and the outcome will not look like this. This season of TUF is giving the TUF series itself a bad name by these fighters, Dana should've definitely had these guys fight their way in the house.[/quote']

Roy could have smashed Kimbo harder? Would you have preferred he get Kimbo medically suspended so he cant come back and fight?

Roy did Kimbo a favor.

pathetic win' date=' he sat on the guy, and hit him with wussy hits. Now if he pounded on kimbo, that would of been different, but I agree with Dana, it was like a girl was tapping on his head.[/quote']

roy even hit his self a bunch.....

Roy just a ****, he hits like a 3 year old girl fighting for a piece of candy! They should have stood them back up. Roy scared of kimbo! Roy think he the best thing to happen to the ufc, he just the fattest thing to happen to the ufc!

Wow...i hate how everyone is such a big fan of kimbo....like ok hes exciting and hes a super real dude...Dont get me wrong I love Kimbo...but i will love him more in a years time...Kimbo has zero ground game...yeah roys a fat piece of crap and it would be tough if he was laying on you but in pro mma you need ground skills...once kimbo is a decent wrestler i will give him the credit...plus i cant wait til ultimate fighter finale...kimbo will be in the ufc fighting at 205...just watch

idk how roy acted like he really did **** to kimbo... besides piss him off..... like that win sucked balls....roy hit his own gut multiple times..... if kimbo had a slight bruise i wouldnt b up set at all..... then roy askin for a chesse burger...hhahahahha fat ****... like seriously that was bs..... like make the dude bleed.... i can c kimbo gettin back n after training a few weeks n knockin *****es out.... i kno for a fact kimbo would of knocked out sweeny's ..... ahhhhhhh i guess im just pissed

that damn **** got lucky cause his belly is larger than the moon. this was a pathetic fight. so Roy is just going to have his big belly on his damn forhead?!? (almost the whole time) why didnt Herb just stand them back up?!

Roy "FAT@$$" Nelson is the most pathetic excuse for a mma fighter on the planet, if all he can rely on is his blubber to win a fight then he's seriously gonna get his @$$ kicked. Kimbo's commin' back and will exact his revenge on tubby nelson. and herb dean need to find a new job cause he clearly dosent' now how to do this one.

Dont know who sucks more...herb for the bs stop or roy for hitting like a girl! U suck roy and cant wait till u get knocked the **** out! Then u can ask for a double wopper and some asprin next time!

Just because Roy's punches didn't do a lot of damage doesn't mean he just layed on him like old school Koscheck. He started in full mount and made his way to a crucifix because Kimbo's ground game is non-existent and threw punches ... not hard punches but punches none-the-less.

Dude is lame! I would never in a million years pay to watch a ROY fight........WES KIMBO those 2 i would pay to watch. Fat boy was a joke seriously fire fat country ...Anyone agree or is fat country the next big thing?

kimbo just lost to big mac nelson via smotherage. i would probably pay the guy not to fight wes

Take Dana White's nuts out of your mouth. Kimbo wasn't defending' date=' it should have been stopped after the first round when he had him in the crucifix.[/quote']

i didnt insult, u then u go and say take nuts out of my mouth?

it SHOULD have been stood up, for 30 seconds roy just sat there before he tried that weak **** kimora that kimbo powered out of

weak **** win, he sat on him and gave him love taps, i dont excpect a kimbo hater to realize this, and i do realize he wasnt defending himself, BUT it shoulda been stood up

weak victory is a weak victory and i hope he gets hit by a ****in subway train

I have never been so dissapointed in my life, if anyone on here thinks roy kicked kimbos **** then your an idiot! by far the worst stoppage ive seen and the worst fight ever! kimbo wouldve knocked fat country out if his 15 cheeseburger gut was covering his face to his stomache thats alot of gut to just have sitting on you not to mention he held his arms down and rubbed his head, jeez if kimbo wanted that hed get his ****stars to rub it for him not a fat big gutted ****** with the name big country, roy was a joke in the ifl and if he goes to the ufc hope arlovski knocks him the **** out again, PEACE!

I REALY think the guys in charge knew Nelson could take Kimbo... I realy think they 'encouraged' Roy to go easy on him if he had him in one of these positions, maybe even tried to tell him to loose but he didn't wanna, just said he'd go easy... because Kimbo is the only thing holding the season together, they know if he wins great, if he loses don't loose bad cus you can come back...

It seemed a little staged how Nelson talked about how he often counts punches as he taps people to encourage a ref, and how he uses that all the time.

From that crucifix Nelson could have pommeled Kimbo's head into cookie dough.... he could have pushed his weight down and sufficated him... he didn't, despite knowing good and true the ref wasn't guna stop easily...

Suspicious? Not in my opinion. but i think the overall talent is reaaaaly low this season, and it's there for the taking for Roy.... Just wished Kimbo could have done better :(

Edit: lots of new members coming on here and insulting Roy just because you're a fan of Kimbo.... there's 2 things here - Hope, and Reality... i realy hoped Kimbo would win too, however the reality of it is Roy is a better Mixed Martial Artists and he proved it by exposing Kimbo's ground game.... if the guy has a buddah belly so what? doesn't make his technique any worse. Don't make excuses, nothing he did was against the rules.

Being a huge Arlovski fan, i did a little reasearch on Roy befor the two faught - and he's not a bad fighter... he has a great chin and good ground game, the guy is a black belt with 5 years of exp, he's even faught a few bigger names considering the promotions he faught for.

ps - anyone saying it should have been stood up, your love for Kimbo is clearly clouding your ability to view the fight... Nelson got him there twice, controlled the fight from the floor.

Would you guys have been happy if Kimbo was a bloody mess cus Roy hit him harder? Would you be happy if he got subbed? i think you guys would moan no matter how Kimbo lost, you shouldn't let your love for a fighter cloud your vision from what realy happened.

Roy could have smashed Kimbo harder? Would you have preferred he get Kimbo medically suspended so he cant come back and fight?

Roy did Kimbo a favor.

YA cause thats what a guy who's fighting for a contract is thinking about, "i don't wanna hurt him so he can't come back and fight and possibly end up beating me for that contract". NO the fighters are there for a 6 figure contract, nothing else, they're not there to make friends or be nice. If Roy wants that contract he better step it up next fight. Do you think that if any of those other fighters were in that position they would've been "taking it easy" on Kimbo or any of the other fighters? No becasue they want the $$$$$$$$$$

kimbo might get in, there are all kinds of people in the ufc that lost on tuf. i think the tuf show is also about showing what u got in the ring and how much u work and train to get better, but more to win. maybe in a year he will be in the ufc.

kimbo has the power to knock him out, roy just knew if his punches went unanswered the ref would call it, like with seth (and i can't remember or spell his last name), in my opinion, the ref's are too soft for kimbo, this whole stop the fight bull should be judged on a fighters demeanor, if they are winded and not moving at all, it would be different, but kimbo was just laying there with a fat guy laying all over him, these freaks know if they can immobilize kimbo they can take his home run punches away from him, and that's kimbo's ticket, let's face it, kimbo has little or no wrestling game. i think boxing is kimbo's game, he should be the next mike tyson, you may think that's retarded but where else can you fight standing up and knock somebody out with one punch.

I would never ever ever pay to watch that fat loser Roy fight... if dana ever made him a main card it would be a huge mistake... definitely not the direction the ufc wants to go in

YA cause thats what a guy who's fighting for a contract is thinking about' date=' "i don't wanna hurt him so he can't come back and fight and possibly end up beating me for that contract". NO the fighters are there for a 6 figure contract, nothing else, they're not there to make friends or be nice. If Roy wants that contract he better step it up next fight. Do you think that if any of those other fighters were in that position they would've been "taking it easy" on Kimbo or any of the other fighters? No becasue they want the $$$$$$$$$$[/quote']

So what are you saying? You think thats as hard as Roy can hit?

kimbo might get in' date=' there are all kinds of people in the ufc that lost on tuf. i think the tuf show is also about showing what u got in the ring and how much u work and train to get better, but more to win. maybe in a year he will be in the ufc.[/quote']

kimbo is already in the ufc, the TUF doesnt really mean anything NOW

dana white already told LA times sports section that "kimbo, win or lose will be in the UFC"

this just remineded me of the lesnar fight, but here is the thing lesnar threw some bad **** punches iwth alot of power and thats why he won..

here is the funny thing, i keep on seeing ppl stating he was not intelligently protecting himself...from what slaps.hahaha

I didnt read the whole thread... but honestly ( i love kimbo) he was not defending... but they let the Wes Shivers go to decision but not this ballet ****!!!!!! WTF is going on here DOG ****!

P.S. thank God no one wanted to bet all the money I was willing to bet on Kimbo winning... Id be in debt.

I would have to agree!

Kimbo wasn't going anywhere. He was saved by the bell and he shouldn't have been.

Roy exposed Kimbos ground game. It's about at the level of white belt in BJJ.

For some of you to say it was boring, or it wasn't a real win is pretty silly. If you have ever been caught in that position, its very technical to get out of, and its going to take a bit and you are going to take some shots! :)

Roy could have punched him harder, but realisitically in that position, you would use your downward elbow (which is illegal in the UFC) and the fight would be over in seconds.

Roy played it smart and Dana wants action, so maybe Roy could have used his elbows more, or used stronger strikes, but it was a pretty dominant and decisive win :)

Roy may be big, but he does have pretty good cardio for his size. And his ground game is no joke.

pathetic win' date=' he sat on the guy, and hit him with wussy hits. Now if he pounded on kimbo, that would of been different, but I agree with Dana, it was like a girl was tapping on his head.[/quote']

i thinks he did that on purpose thats why he was so happy he putt on a show.

he clearly said before the fight when he was talking to guys' even when you slap someone and he doenst respond they call the fight because he cant defend himself"

i thinks thats why nelson was slaping him with his fist goes that wasnt a punch.

butt yeah stupid fight kimbo would of knocked him out if it was standing.

hope he learns and comes back. dos santos vs kimbo that would be a great fight to watch