Sign in to follow this  
PakaL

Hate on Roy here.

Was it roys fault the ref stopped the fight?

The truth is, that if Roy just had been on top he would have won on decision anyway, so why are you guys *****in?

That Roy won?Well wtf do you think will happen when Kimbo face some real athlete wrestler like Brock Lesnar etc, he would be dead.

Right now lets make this a bit more realistic...yes Roy is fat and cannot punch, yes he is full of himself and wasn't able to back his talk.

...but Kimbo lost to THIS.

There's a lot of cussing of Roy but not many people seem to be down on Kimbo and the fact he lost to a chubby wannabe who wouldn't last seconds against a proper athlete in the HW division.

If it wasn't Kimbo this had happened to, there would be a lot more criticism going the other way.

It's one thing to interrupt someones breathing with your hand, but to smother them with your gelatinous belly should have been grounds for a stand up. For those of you who are bagging on Kimbo for not defending himself against the crucifix, how would you go about that? Let alone the fact that he had a whopper scarfing round boy laying on his face. I doubt that you could sweep that tubby boy. I would like to see Kimbo get some more ground training before he fights again. I would like to see Roy (double whopper) Nelson get some nutritional training before he even thinks about fighting again.

Take Dana White's nuts out of your mouth. Kimbo wasn't defending' date=' it should have been stopped after the first round when he had him in the crucifix.[/quote']

What should he of defended he didn't even know he was being hit all he knew was a fat man was sitting on him that was a lame victory and bragging made it even more lame. Big sally should get a better ground n pound game if he is gonna talk smack.

But kimbo definetly needs to improve on his ground game (working off his back) nothing worse than seeing someone look helpless like that. If that was a real fighter on him kimbo would have been in trouble.

It's one thing to interrupt someones breathing with your hand' date=' but to smother them with your gelatinous belly should have been grounds for a stand up. For those of you who are bagging on Kimbo for not defending himself against the crucifix, how would you go about that? Let alone the fact that he had a whopper scarfing round boy laying on his face. I doubt that you could sweep that tubby boy. I would like to see Kimbo get some more ground training before he fights again. I would like to see Roy (double whopper) Nelson get some nutritional training before he even thinks about fighting again.[/quote']

I agree totally that roy is alot to handle on top and i love kimbo, but i would suggest jiu jitsu. I'm about 180 and I have swept people as fat as roy good pure brazilian jiu jitsu is kimbo's answer if he learns it evry HW should watch out!

The best part of that fight was all of the comments Rampage made about Roy. He had me LMAO. Like "That would be like trying to get the MOON off you." Priceless stuff. I'm going to miss 'Page.

Take Dana White's nuts out of your mouth. Kimbo wasn't defending' date=' it should have been stopped after the first round when he had him in the crucifix.[/quote']

DUDE!!! Are you stupid? Not many people would have been able to get his fat a$$ of them!! Kimbo was trying.... he was bridging and turning.... tryn to get him off! Your right he wasnt defending himself.... but are you gonna defend a little girl scout slapping your knee?? Probably not cause it is not gonna really bother you!! Watch the fight again.... a few more seconds standing up Kimbo would have knocked his fat a$$ out!! Before Roy sat on Kimbo... his world was gettn his world rocked and started getting dazed... you could see it as he FELL on Kimbo.... I cant put enough emphasis on FELL!!!! He was dazed, leaned on Kimbo, and fell on top of him.... idk but to me thats not UFC material! For being an IFL fighter Roy sucked!!

Wow great fight Roy you hurt him real bad! REALLY guy acted like he beat Brock! look dude, your fat **** needs to get real. You didn't "beat" anybody. My sister could hit harder than that. You fought like a *****. GRATS

so sick of fighters laying on top of people tappin away. he was 30lbs heavier than Kimbo, of course he would dominate top position. Roy was not impressive at all, I could see if he would have submitted him or KO'd. but he is the type of fighter the UFC does not need any more of, ****y and dead weight. Yea it's a part of MMA but how fricken boring. No surprise there that Kimbo sucks on the ground, everyone knew that....but Roy showed he does too. SO glad Dana said what he did cuz my wife and I said the same thing. She punches harder than that...+)

How was that a pathetic win? He won by TKO' date=' it didn't go to decision.[/quote']

totally agree. Very intelligent fighter, he didnt want to trade with Kimbo (who wud), took him down the first chance he got, got into side control, put him in a crucifx, and punched him to a TKO win. Perfect game plan. And the incredible thing is he even called it the night before the fight.

This is what you are supposed to do in an MMA fight. If you can impose ur game on ur opponent you do that, do what is necessary to win. Yes he was in a position where he could do a lot of damage to Kimbo but the point is he didnt have to do it, and it is completely possible that he could have hurt his hand doing that. I want to see Roy fight again.

if all you want to see is someone get the hell knocked out of them, then go watch some k-1 or something.

It's not like this is Roy's only pro fight. He does have a record and he is more than likely better than any posting here.

He went in with a game plan and won it with that game plan.

He didn't waste any more energy than he had to and didn't risk any injury he didn't have to.

If you have the potential to have to fight multiple times in a short period of time, then he is definitely conserving and planning the right way.

Ok so Kimbo didnt defend himself but they should have been stood up instead of ending the fight. Kimbo wasn't defending but Roy wasn't doing anything to damage Kimbo. This isn't wrestling where you pin someone and its over. There was no submission or anything to put Kimbo in danger of being hurt. I mean have they ever ended a fight when two fighters are in a clinch against the cage, even if one fighter is throwing little pop shots here and there and the other is just leaning on the fence...? NO THEY SEPARATE THEM AND MAKE THEM !!FIGHT!! same premise on the ground ROY WASN'T HURTING KIMBO. Honestly the Herb Dean should have told Roy Nelson to actually do damage or he'd stand them up. That was a bad call in my opinion. ROBBED I SAY ROBBED

youve heard of bad beats in poker well that was a bad beat in the ufc. that was the worst performance by a winner of a fight i have ever seen. no doubt roy will not win another fight. he is uncoachable, thinks hes a better fighter than he is and does not need to be on the show or in the octogon fighting for the ufc.

Roy Nelson did win against Kimbo but it has to go down in record as lamest win ever. Who could breath under that 45 pound beer gut , Kimbo is lucky he didn't suffocate. Hardly a fight to be proud of , he should have left in shame not squelling for a f****** cheese burger.

has nobody here seen Roy's other fights?

He has won many other fights.

Herb gave Kimbo a chance by letting the clock run out on the first round.

Maybe this fight didn't live up to what everybody thought it would be, but it's not the lamest ever.

We need another division above 205 265-280 guys fighting 230 pounders is a huge weight gap. I guess there aren't enough HW's to have two decent divisions in the UFC.

Nelson beat him with his ground skills and his extra weight, the GnP was weak. I'll hate on him for strutting around calling for a hamburger... Gonzaga, Velasquez, Lesnar, or Carwin would obliterate the jelly belly imo.

There are some fun fights at 225-230 I'd like to see a new weight class.

How was that a pathetic win? He won by TKO' date=' it didn't go to decision.[/quote']

that lame **** just threw his whole weight on kimbo thats not a fight. Any one who wins by submission is lame in my opinion there just scared to get hit. If you want to win a fight by a hold go join wrestleing

that lame **** just threw his whole weight on kimbo thats not a fight. Any one who wins by submission is lame in my opinion there just scared to get hit. If you want to win a fight by a hold go join wrestleing

awesome first post!

We need another division above 205 265-280 guys fighting 230 pounders is a huge weight gap. I guess there aren't enough HW's to have two decent divisions in the UFC.

Nelson beat him with his ground skills and his extra weight' date=' the GnP was weak. I'll hate on him for strutting around calling for a hamburger... Gonzaga, Velasquez, Lesnar, or Carwin would obliterate the jelly belly imo.

There are some fun fights at 225-230 I'd like to see a new weight class.[/quote']

He asked for a Whopper (Burger King)... you know who the biggest sponsor of TUF is? Burger King... that was a knock on Brock Lesnar!....

has nobody here seen Roy's other fights?

He has won many other fights.

Herb gave Kimbo a chance by letting the clock run out on the first round.

Maybe this fight didn't live up to what everybody thought it would be' date=' but it's not the lamest ever.[/quote']

agree! That version of the crucifix is so dominant, you can punch/elbow all day... the fact that Nelson chose not to hurt Kimbo (buy using elbows to cut him up) shows that he is a professional.

Roy won fair and square. If he would want to hurt Kimbo he could but he didnt, thats sportmanship and how could they stand them up when someone is in so dominant position. Stop hating on Roy beacuse he won. Oh and Kimbo was my favourite.

Okay, I gotta weigh in on this one.

Roy looked terrible. Once he got position on Kimbo, he just tapped on him so that the ref would stop the fight. Kimbo was completely unharmed by any of those shots. I understand that Roy won. I also understand that under the current UFC rules, the ref has to stop the fight when a figther is taking too many unanswered shots, but to win the fight in such a sorry and lackluster fashion and then run around the ring making stupid jokes about how fat you are is just ridiculous.

The UFC will quickly become less popular if they start featuring a fighter whose preferred method of winning is to lean his giant gut on someone until he gets a takedown, then lay on them until he can squeeze enough air out of them to gain position, then barely hit them until the ref stops the fight. Although I don't think we will have to worry about that because there is no way he can compete at the highest level and be that out of shape.

Okay' date=' I gotta weigh in on this one.

Roy looked terrible. Once he got position on Kimbo, he just tapped on him so that the ref would stop the fight. Kimbo was completely unharmed by any of those shots. I understand that Roy won. I also understand that under the current UFC rules, the ref has to stop the fight when a figther is taking too many unanswered shots, but to win the fight in such a sorry and lackluster fashion and then run around the ring making stupid jokes about how fat you are is just ridiculous.

The UFC will quickly become less popular if they start featuring a fighter whose preferred method of winning is to lean his giant gut on someone until he gets a takedown, then lay on them until he can squeeze enough air out of them to gain position, then barely hit them until the ref stops the fight. Although I don't think we will have to worry about that because there is no way he can compete at the highest level and be that out of shape.[/quote']

Ok I dont know if u read my last post but it explained why he mentioned Burger King. I see that you are new to the forum but come on atleast read some of the recent posts.

I read your post, but I don't think that was his whole reason for making that comment.

By the way, I used to post from time to time on the TUF forum before it was moved here. I've just been really busy lately and just now had a chance to re-regiuster.

For most fighters that crucifix position would be extremely dominant, but for Roy he couldn't do much because he had to punch around his gut, it was almost like when your afraid of hittin your thumb when your hammerin in a nail if he tried to throw hard punches he prolly would just missed and hit his own dumb self. haha.

agree! That version of the crucifix is so dominant' date=' you can punch/elbow all day... the fact that Nelson chose not to hurt Kimbo (buy using elbows to cut him up) shows that he is a professional.[/quote']

Yeah he's professional, that's why he went and cried like a "Big Baby" (Nickname of Marcus /wink /nudge /wink.) On his blog on spike.tv.

Which is ridiculous since Dana and some few others do feel that with his background there was no way he couldn't finish the fight in stunning fashion.

And BTW don't act like he didn't wanna brutalize him, Roy's no sissy if he didn't want to elbow him I'm sure it's for other reasons other than being merciful.

Now don't get me wrong I dig Roy my man, he's really one of the coolest cats out there with some sick and slick groundgame.

Now that's off of the picture, I'll just be as mature as possible to say what I really thought.

Look man Roy deserves some credit that he won but everyone here thought that Roy'd be the guy to hit the nail on the coffin and bury him.

But the way he won just made Kimbo look like he had something going for him and that brings just more confusion.

All and all...

The fight had great momentum even when Roy tried to finish it with a kimura, but the ending to say the least was the most anti-climactic I've ever seen.

PS: Dana white's daughter does have what it takes to become champion ;)

Nelson's win was a piece o' ****, he just hit kimbo with panzi slaps. that was such a crappy friggin fight on roy's part. Kimbo got robbed because it was the crapiest stoppage i've ever seen. just watch kimbo come back and beat the livin **** out of nelson. words can't even explain how mad i am about this fight. i can't stand roy nelson, he's just a fat friggin tard.

Roy won in a pathetic manner. He could have at least Destroyed kimbo, BUT he DIDNT. he just put his weight on him and landed little silly slaps to kimbo. herb sucks too. i hate that ref

Roy Nelson should keep his whopper eating mouth shut period hes pathetic and very sad to say after that fight Rasgad should be looking at me like the number one fighter I loled so hard it was epic.This fat out of shape thinks hes the man after executing a belly hold I mean come on Roy youre sad and dont deserve to even be in that house.On and when you do lose I heard Burger King is hiring fat ****.

I agree

Absolutely pathetic win.

Kimbo is very weak MMA fighter.

Everybody that fight in UFC will beat him

I don't like Roy Nelson game

waiting for the take down

take Kimbo down and do some rabbit punches just for scoring.

boring fight for me.

I don't want to wach them again

wrestling uses pinning moves, not submission holds.

There is a very nice sectio on the site for understanding terminology and basic MMA concepts.

There is a line between scared and good strategy. It is never a good strategy to trade blows with someone who is better at striking.

Only an idiot would fight to lose.

I would recommend some sambo or jiu jitsu classes, but most strikers don't stick with them. mostly because they get their buts whooped.

wrestling uses pinning moves' date=' not submission holds.

There is a very nice sectio on the site for understanding terminology and basic MMA concepts.

There is a line between scared and good strategy. It is never a good strategy to trade blows with someone who is better at striking.

Only an idiot would fight to lose.

I would recommend some sambo or jiu jitsu classes, but most strikers don't stick with them. mostly because they get their buts whooped.[/quote']

and for ppl like may theres always K1...

take roys out yours, it was a ******** cowardly way to win.he gives new meaning to lay and pray.its now known as lay,pray and girl tap.lol

Sure, the man is fat, but he did his job against an inferior opponent. Why should he stand and bang with a brawler that could put him to sleep?

It might have been boring, but it was a smart move.

It really doesn't matter who won or lost that was one of the most lackluster fights I have ever seen. They may want to reconsider giving either one of them another fight. I like Kimbo as a fighter but he lacks the ground game necessary to be a serious contender yet.

If Kimbo learns how to defend the ground game, look out. He could do some damage with his power.

As for Nelson, he's in big trouble if you through him in with any top HW. I don't think he's going far in the UFC but his big belly is hillarious. LOL

What I cant understand is how Roy can train for multiple hours a day for months on end and look like a fat piece of ****. I dont care what your metabolism is like, get your damn diet strait and lose that 60 pound tire around your ****ing waste. Guy is a bum.

dont get me wrong' date=' I love K1, I just meant theres no wrestling in K1.[/quote']

yeah but don't tell these people to watch K-1, they would complain about the leg kicks lol. Tell them to go watch boxing

I agree kimbo was robbed that was no fight. All roy nelson did was lay on him like a fat sow.

kimbo was robbed? you make it sound like at one point of the fight, he was actually winning.