Sign in to follow this  
PakaL

Hate on Roy here.

he definitely wasnt robbed. it just showed how far he is from being an mma fighter. i like his personality, yes he seems like a cool guy but to get the crucifix put on you twice.

i personally knew kimbo would lose, to me it seemed more like a loss for roy nelson though. what a little girl, those were the saddest punches ive ever seen from a professional fighter. nate diaz would throw harder punches in that position.

hahaha love the thread title- good work man.

yeah I am a Kimbo fan, but the positive to come out of the fight is that it just makes us all want to see him go down hard.

...and i would love to see a rematch later this series with both guys standing-

Kimbo can take a few shots (although Seth P might beg to differ) and I suspect Roy's chin ain't as hard.

Man I hate that guy.

His gut is just symbolic of his whole persona: it says " I don't need to be fit or work hard because I am awesome and there is nothing in my constitution which allows me to consider for a second that i could improve in any way because I am super."

If he lost that gut, he would be forced to fight at least a division lighter, which would make him succestible to atheltes with quicker movement, faster hand speed and more technical ground-based skill sets- and he would lose what seems to be his only advantage: using his weight to smother his opponent and then play his little game of "let's all count the love taps"

Its not nelsons fault that kimbo has zero ground game. You go into win the fight anyway you can.

Yah but whats with Neslons love taps! He made himself look bad winning which is hard to do. He didn't impress Dana or any fans.

But he should keep his big gut as his trademark.

roy nelson did win against kimbo but it has to go down in record as lamest win ever. Who could breath under that 45 pound beer gut ' date=' kimbo is lucky he didn't suffocate. Hardly a fight to be proud of , he should have left in shame not squelling for a f****** cheese burger.[/quote']

hell yell he won it don't matter how as long as you win you need to go to youtube and watch some of his other fights or grappling comp where he beat frank mir now that was very much skill something kimbo doesn't have. He better be praying that brock doesn't get a hold of him he needs to go back to shade tree fighting the big fat beer belly losers he can bully around, but that stuff doesn't work in ufc kimbo wouldn't make a zit on roy (bigcountry) **** .

hell yell he won it don't matter how as long as you win you need to go to youtube and watch some of his other fights or grappling comp where he beat frank mir now that was very much skill something kimbo doesn't have. He better be praying that brock doesn't get a hold of him he needs to go back to shade tree fighting the big fat beer belly losers he can bully around' date=' but that stuff doesn't work in ufc kimbo wouldn't make a zit on roy (bigcountry) **** .[/quote']

Fat gut would get thrashed by any of the top HW in the UFC so does he belong?

I say through him in the cage with Lesnor and lock the door!

this thread is a pretty good laugh.

was roy's win pretty, or extremely impressive? no, but it's kinda sad when everyone compliments the guy that lost, and trashes the guy that won.

how exactally did kimbo "set up" like dana said? he couldn't stop the takedown, he couldn't stop roy from getting to the crusifix, and he wasn't defending himself. guarentee you that if kimbo won in the exact same way, there'd be about 40 "amg kimo are s0 leet, he deserves title shot after TUF is over!" threads going around.

seriously, i can understand trashing roy, but if your going to, atleast trash kimbo too for losing to the guy that "just layed on him and hit him like a little girl." what does that say about kimbo, that he loses to little girls sitting on him and hitting him?

this thread is a pretty good laugh.

was roy's win pretty' date=' or extremely impressive? no, but it's kinda sad when everyone compliments the guy that lost, and trashes the guy that won.

how exactally did kimbo "set up" like dana said? he couldn't stop the takedown, he couldn't stop roy from getting to the crusifix, and he wasn't defending himself. guarentee you that if kimbo won in the exact same way, there'd be about 40 "amg kimo are s0 leet, he deserves title shot after TUF is over!" threads going around.

seriously, i can understand trashing roy, but if your going to, atleast trash kimbo too for losing to the guy that "just layed on him and hit him like a little girl." what does that say about kimbo, that he loses to little girls sitting on him and hitting him?[/quote']

Very good point. Kimbo didn't look good against a very large girl. Ha Ha.

But you got to admit, it was pretty funny when nelson was declared victorious he started acting like he was the man... He ''beat'' up a guy who has no-ground-game on the ground and he thinks hes a big shot now? LOL. Kimbo could have used hes feet for something, but he just lied there and took it, so it was a justified stoppage. I knew Kimbo would loose in hes first match, even though hes a though street fighter, hes not a mma:ist. I would like to see him in the ufc though in the undercard going toe to toe with another guy on the same level as he is. Or maybe it was a submition attempt, since with a fat belly like nelssons you could easily smother someone to death in that position. Even though im not a kimbo fan i wanted him to win atleast one fight just because hes on rampages team and rampage is way cooller than that smug rashad.

Having only just watched ep 3 in three UK, congrats to Roy for doing enough to win the fight and progressing, but if he thinks he did it in impressive style he's deluding himself. Nelson seems to think that being a former IFL champion is reason enough to be in the UFC, and appears to me to be disdainful of the whole TUF process. I hope he doesn't get to the finale, as I just can't see what he's got to offer the heavyweight division.

hahaha love the thread title- good work man.

yeah I am a Kimbo fan' date=' but the positive to come out of the fight is that it just makes us all want to see him go down hard.

...and i would love to see a rematch later this series with both guys standing-

Kimbo can take a few shots (although Seth P might beg to differ) and I suspect Roy's chin ain't as hard.

Man I hate that guy.

His gut is just symbolic of his whole persona: it says " I don't need to be fit or work hard because I am awesome and there is nothing in my constitution which allows me to consider for a second that i could improve in any way because I am super."

If he lost that gut, he would be forced to fight at least a division lighter, which would make him succestible to atheltes with quicker movement, faster hand speed and more technical ground-based skill sets- and he would lose what seems to be his only advantage: using his weight to smother his opponent and then play his little game of "let's all count the love taps"[/quote']

did you not see in the ahow when both coaches talked about how in shae he was even though he looks fat?

Having only just watched ep 3 in three UK' date=' congrats to Roy for doing enough to win the fight and progressing, but if he thinks he did it in impressive style he's deluding himself. Nelson seems to think that being a former IFL champion is reason enough to be in the UFC, and appears to me to be disdainful of the whole TUF process. I hope he doesn't get to the finale, as I just can't see what he's got to offer the heavyweight division.[/quote']

how ironic. roy dosent deserve it because he was the ifl champion. but kimbo already got a contract even though he keeps losing. In he ufc and on the ultimiate fighter. but yet he already got a contract.

how ironic. roy dosent deserve it because he was the ifl champion. but kimbo already got a contract even though he keeps losing. In he ufc and on the ultimiate fighter. but yet he already got a contract.

Thats cus Kimbo rules.

War Kimbo!

did you not see in the ahow when both coaches talked about how in shae he was even though he looks fat?

about roy, i train with some guys that have similar body shape and would outwork 90% of all of us. he could be better in alot of aspects but i workout with some guys that look like him and are cardio machines. just saying.

about roy' date=' i train with some guys that have similar body shape and would outwork 90% of all of us. he could be better in alot of aspects but i workout with some guys that look like him and are cardio machines. just saying.[/quote']

Now your implying Roy Nelson is a cardio machine!

Ha ha. He gets a good workout eating big macs!

Now your implying Roy Nelson is a cardio machine!

Ha ha. He gets a good workout eating big macs!

thats not it all. i work hard to do what i do and it shows, but there are a few guys that can outwork a guy with a six pack.

so am i implying that roy hasgreat cardio, no.

Please reread the post you are quoting. At no time did I mention Kimbo, let alone say he deserved a place in the UFC (as it goes, I think he's got a lot of work to do before he warrants a spot). The entire post was referring to Roy Nelson clearly thinking he is so far ahead of the rest of the TUF cast.

Roy Nelson like really? kimbo hurt him more with one punch than every one of Roy's punches combined its pathetic although roy had him in the crucifix that dont mean **** how do you expect anyone to defend themselves when both arms and chest are being smothered by a **** he had no oppurtunity to defend himself. it was pathetic. Roy had nothin but weight on him and i was disappointed on the outcome of the fight. What it comes down to is that Roy thinks hes all amazing now because he sat his fat **** on kimbo. Kimbo is by far the better fighter and if he had that little bit more weight than Roy would have done absolutely nothing. it has me so pissed

i have to agree roys win wasnt impressive if kimbo had a decent enough ground game he would of done alot better even dana said they wer ***** hits to the head and roy was braggin about it as if he won the ufc title i cant wait to see that guy get nocked out

thats not it all. i work hard to do what i do and it shows' date=' but there are a few guys that can outwork a guy with a six pack.

so am i implying that roy hasgreat cardio, no.[/quote']

Six pack of beer that is. Roy nelson has a fat belly no mather what, even if he could run a mile he would still have that fat belly. With a fat belly like roy nelsons you could smother even the sun itself. He could defeat brock lesnar, i mean how could brock get on top of that big fat belly of hes. Brock would just slide off of it and then roy would smother him with hes fat belly. Hes like emmanuel yarborough fat and ugly that is

Six pack of beer that is. Roy nelson has a fat belly no mather what' date=' even if he could run a mile he would still have that fat belly. With a fat belly like roy nelsons you could smother even the sun itself. He could defeat brock lesnar, i mean how could brock get on top of that big fat belly of hes. Brock would just slide off of it and then roy would smother him with hes fat belly. Hes like emmanuel yarborough fat and ugly that is[/quote']

Brock would kill Roy nelson's in two seconds. Roy just won because Kimbo only has a few fights under his belt and didnt know how to defend Roy in the first place. Roy isn't good at all, those little punches didnt even hurt kimbo. Kimbo was fine after the fight and Roy looked a little beat up. Roy looked scared at the begainning of the fight.

Roy Nelson is a very cerebral fighter who went in with a game plan and executed it well. He easily handled a lesser opponent while doing everything in his power to avoid exerting unnecessary energy or being injured. It didn't turn out to be the most exciting fight but Nelson didn't come on TUF to impress us by beating Kimbo. He came on to win all of his fights and earn a contract with the UFC. I think it's safe to say he's well on the way to doing that.

Roy Nelson is a very cerebral fighter who went in with a game plan and executed it well. He easily handled a lesser opponent while doing everything in his power to avoid exerting unnecessary energy or being injured. It didn't turn out to be the most exciting fight but Nelson didn't come on TUF to impress us by beating Kimbo. He came on to win all of his fights and earn a contract with the UFC. I think it's safe to say he's well on the way to doing that.

At first glance this sounds like a smart plan' date=' but could you imagine not laying it all on the line and [i']losing[/i]? He would be kicking himself for wasting a great opportunity. If Wanderlei Silva has taught us anything: losing isn't the end of the road if you do it in spectacular fashion.

but could you imagine not laying it all on the line and losing? He would be kicking himself for wasting a great opportunity...

If Nelson had been in trouble at anytime I'm sure he would have stepped up his game and done whatever necessary to get the W. Keep in mind that this isn't like a PPV gig where you have one fight and then months to heal. He has 3 more fights right away and it would be foolish to do something risky when there's absolutely no need for it. For example, they fight in 4 ounce gloves, do you have any idea how easy it is to break your hand punching someone's skull with a 4 ounce glove on? I spar with wrapped hands and 16 ounce gloves and I've broken my hand and seen it happen to a lot of other guys. Only a noob would make the mistake of risking their place in the competition to impress Dana and a bunch of internet forum nerds. Nelson has been around too long and he's too smart to do something like that.

I predict that Roy Nelson is going to win this whole thing and that he's going to do very well in the UFC.

There is not a single heavyweight fighter that is currently in the UFC that would lose to Roy Nelson. Nelson doesn't have a chance in hell of competing in the UFC.

There is not a single heavyweight fighter that is currently in the UFC that would lose to Roy Nelson. Nelson doesn't have a chance in hell of competing in the UFC.

I'm making my prediction based on Nelson's fight record, the competition he's faced and the level of skill and talent he's demonstrated prior to being on TUF. You're making your statements based on the fact that he doesn't have a nice physique and because TUF was edited to make him a villain. I'd wager that you wouldn't be able to name 3 other opponents Roy Nelson has fought without checking fightfinder. I would also wager that, aside from Kimbo, you've never watched one of his fights in it's entirety. Wanna know how I know that I'm right? Because if you had you wouldn't be posting such ignorant nonsense :)

I have to admit that I'm confident Roy Nelson has the skills to win TUF, and he probably will be in the UFC. However, I can't say that I honestly think he's going to turn heads wherever he goes. That being said, imagine if he would have come out hot and KO'd Kimbo in the first round. What an impression that would make. I know that they run a brutal schedule, and we've seen a lot of guys get injured on the show. But Rashad Evans got injured and won, Frank Lester fought with injuries, Krzysztof Soszynski fought with injuries. Roy Nelson's resume boasts alot of talent, and I think that he should use this as a chance to push himself into the mainstream as a chubbier fighter that puts on a heck of a performance. Anybody agree?

Then name 3 heavyweights currently in the UFC that you think that Roy Nelson would beat.

Any HW without a solid ground game with very high level JJ defense skills...so on any given night and under the right circumstances, almost all of em.

This is the UFC not the WWE. The ref should have stood them up both times and let the fight continue. That stoppage was an embarassment to the show and to both fighters. It really didn't showcase either one's ability in the octagon. Roy fought in the IFL and I respect that. Kimbo faught in the streets and I can respect that as well. There is no reason that the fight should have ended that way. If Roy Nelson has such a great ground game, where was it. There was no attempt to do anything other than smother Kimbo. Standing, Kimbo is a stonger fighter than Roy. I think that there should be a rematch between the two because that was a disappointing spectacle. Dana White really needs to take a hard look at the rule book and put something in place to avoid a repeat of that match. It should be at the ref's discretion on whether or not the strikes are effective and stand both fighters up in the event that it is doing no damage. In reality there was no "real" action there. It was Roy laying on Kimbo....the UFC does end matches by pinfall so Roy's win that he was so proud of comes with a *(Asterisk).

This is the UFC not the WWE. The ref should have stood them up both times and let the fight continue. That stoppage was an embarassment... *(Asterisk).

It sounds like you want to see two goons knock each other out. Perhaps you would be more entertained watching Toughman Competitions or you could just go hang out in the parking lot of your local pub at closing time and watch drunks brawl.

Refs are there to keep the fighters safe above all else. The rules are clear, protect yourself at all times or you're going to lose. Kimbo took dozens of unanswered shots from a closed fist in a 4 ounce glove. If you ever trained or sparred you would know the kind of damage that can do. The fight probably should have been stopped in the first round but Herb Dean used his discretion to not stop it because the round was seconds away from ending.

I was a mixed martial artist before they had a name for it. You are pretty much saying that all the fighters should just do the bare minimum. Keep in mind that these guys are fighting for a spot in the UFC, win or lose. How many fighters that lost the TUF have wound up in the Octagon anyway. Broken hands, broken ribs, or a broken nose should NEVER cross your mind when you step in to that cage. You want to take it easy....GO TO THE WWE. This is a fight, you leave it in the ring. Holding back because you fear injury, these guys aren't there to tickle you, so you fight as hard and as long as you can. It takes heart to win a fight. Every fight I have ever had, I fought my hardest. Worry about the injury after the match.

Broken hands' date=' broken ribs, or a broken nose should NEVER cross your mind when you step in to that cage. You want to take it easy....GO TO THE WWE. This is a fight, you leave it in the ring. Holding back because you fear injury, these guys aren't there to tickle you, so you fight as hard and as long as you can. It takes heart to win a fight. Every fight I have ever had, I fought my hardest. Worry about the injury after the match.[/quote']

So you would jeopardize your place in the competition by trying to do something impressive even though you could break a hand or sustain an injury that eliminates you? Even if you were eailsy winning? And even though you have 3 more fights just weeks away? Hm, well that's an interesting strategy...incredibly short sighted and dumb, but interesting nontheless.

And please save the "you gotta give 110%" and "leave it all in the ring" cliches for the pals you spar with at the community center because it's silly. This is a long competition not a ppv headliner.

You are joking, right? I focus on the task at hand because there may not be a next fight. I would use my skills to win the match. All he did was pin Kimbo down and tap him on the top of his head. Where is the skill in that? Why not use more positions? Kimbo has almost no ground skill so it is not as if that was the only thing he could to keep Kimbo off his feet. You can't seriously think that those punches were effective. Those "cliches" are how I live my life. I have trained and fought in armed and unarmed combat. The heavyweights can still fight in the UFC even if they get injured, there is NO excuse for such a craptacular match.

Those "cliches" are how I live my life. I have trained and fought in armed and unarmed combat. The heavyweights can still fight in the UFC even if they get injured' date=' there is NO excuse for such a craptacular match.[/quote']

Oh gawd :rollseyes:

Well you sound like quite the specimen of manliness, integrity and honor. I look forward to watching you become famous when you make it to the UFC.

This is the UFC not the WWE. The ref should have stood them up both times and let the fight continue. That stoppage was an embarassment to the show and to both fighters. It really didn't showcase either one's ability in the octagon. Roy fought in the IFL and I respect that. Kimbo faught in the streets and I can respect that as well. There is no reason that the fight should have ended that way. If Roy Nelson has such a great ground game' date=' where was it. There was no attempt to do anything other than smother Kimbo. Standing, Kimbo is a stonger fighter than Roy. I think that there should be a rematch between the two because that was a disappointing spectacle. Dana White really needs to take a hard look at the rule book and put something in place to avoid a repeat of that match. It should be at the ref's discretion on whether or not the strikes are effective and stand both fighters up in the event that it is doing no damage. In reality there was no "real" action there. It was Roy laying on Kimbo....the UFC does end matches by pinfall so Roy's win that he was so proud of comes with a [b']*[/b](Asterisk).

first of all, fighters get stood up when neither are working strikes, submission attempts or to improve ones position. second it is called the crucifix position which immobilizes your opponent while you are free to strike at will. he was doing more than smother kimbo. kimbo could not intelligently defend himself, not because of injury but because of the position he was in. it doesnt matter how hard the punches are, if you cannot defend against them than the fight has to be ended.

it seemed to me roy knew that he could exploit one of kimbos weaknesses, and do it without having to work too hard or risk injury. smart move on his part.

roy acted way too proud for the display he put on. he could have hit kimbo harder, which i would have liked to see. it was a somewhat poor display on roys part for not doing more, but at the same time kimbo got put in the crucifix position twice. so it looks worse on kimbos part.

See and that is what made the match even worse. If he would have knocked Kimbo out then you have something to be proud of. His win was more a techincality than a victory.

i agree, the only thing he could be proud of was winning, not the way he won. but a win is a win and kimbo got crucified. twice. that doesnt happen very often.

i was a mixed martial artist before they had a name for it. You are pretty much saying that all the fighters should just do the bare minimum. Keep in mind that these guys are fighting for a spot in the ufc' date=' win or lose. How many fighters that lost the tuf have wound up in the octagon anyway. Broken hands, broken ribs, or a broken nose should never cross your mind when you step in to that cage. You want to take it easy....go to the wwe. This is a fight, you leave it in the ring. Holding back because you fear injury, these guys aren't there to tickle you, so you fight as hard and as long as you can. It takes heart to win a fight. Every fight i have ever had, i fought my hardest. Worry about the injury after the match.[/quote']

congrats noob you get the stupid quote of the day award !!!

Look I'll be honest, Roy is talented, Think what you want but I went on you-tube and looked up some of his fights and honestly he is talented. That being said I still don't like the guy. I guess it has something to do with how he acts. He kind of figures that he is all that and we owe him everything.

At the beginning of the TUF shows when Dana said he had a surprise and brought out Kimbo. Roy was pissed cause he thought he was the surprise. (Takes Arrogances)

Then after his win on Kimbo he acted as though he was king of the cage.

Before the fight he thought that Kimbo had no place in the ring with talent like his , after the fight he acts as though he just beat the world's toughest man. (Make up your mind, was he the world's toughest man or did he not have a place along you in the ring. If so then why are you so proud to have beaten him)

That it for me.

Look I'll be honest' date=' Roy is talented, Think what you want but I went on you-tube and looked up some of his fights and honestly he is talented. That being said I still don't like the guy. I guess it has something to do with how he acts. He kind of figures that he is all that and we owe him everything.

At the beginning of the TUF shows when Dana said he had a surprise and brought out Kimbo. Roy was pissed cause he thought he was the surprise. (Takes Arrogances)

Then after his win on Kimbo he acted as though he was king of the cage.

Before the fight he thought that Kimbo had no place in the ring with talent like his , after the fight he acts as though he just beat the world's toughest man. (Make up your mind, was he the world's toughest man or did he not have a place along you in the ring. If so then why are you so proud to have beaten him)

That it for me.[/quote']

true

fat is an understatment. that man is a blob. im supprised kimbo didnt tap out due to lack of air. hiz belly has its own gravatational pull ! you could probly hide a vw bug in hiz belly button.