Sign in to follow this  
rscott94

For all you "bad officiating" noobs

I don't think I compared them skill wise. People were saying he's just big and layed on him. Same can be said for Brock and I believe I followed it up with "granted Roy isn't as good" but the moral is the same.

And I didn't say I expected him to get out. That's not the point. The point is he didn't get out (twice) and didn't seem to even be attempting to get out of the position and if everyone thinks the ref should have stood them up in a non neutral position just because Kimbo couldn't get back to his feet is insane. Roy was in a dominant position. That'd be like standing someone up who's working for an armbar. It's absurd. Just because he can't get out of it (wether not by the cage or for whatever reason) doesn't mean he should be aided by the ref and stood up while in an unfavorable position. Period.

Bumppity bump.

People, what your advocating is that the REF help KIMBO out of a position he can't get out of himself!!!

Its a 1v1 fight.

Thats just stupid. You can't stand them up right away man. You have to give them time to improve

and 4 30 seconds roy sat there before he tried that weak **** kimora

shoulda been stood up

and 4 30 seconds roy sat there before he tried that weak **** kimora

shoulda been stood up

i understand what you're saying, but it was the fact that 1 fighter had a DOMINANT position, no ref in the entire worl of MMA is gonna stand a fight up with a fighter having a dominant position over the other. You ever seen a ref stand fighters up when 1 fighter had a mount on the other? no its the same reasoning.

basically all i'm hearing is that you all think kimbo needed help from herb dean to win the fight.

This is the first time i've heard people complaining that the ref didn't do enough.

Mostly you hear the ref did tooo much.

You know in the old days there was no stand ups. Being pinned was part of the struggle to tire your opponent. Joe rogan would tell you the fight should never be stood up.

Bwahahaahaha

if that was a street fight would the ref have stood em up? Oh yeah what ref?

haha hell yesss

i understand what you're saying' date=' but it was the fact that 1 fighter had a DOMINANT position, no ref in the entire worl of MMA is gonna stand a fight up with a fighter having a dominant position over the other. You ever seen a ref stand fighters up when 1 fighter had a mount on the other? no its the same reasoning.[/quote']

not a dominant position, it was BEFORE the side mount, he just kinda layed there

not a dominant position' date=' it was BEFORE the side mount, he just kinda layed there[/quote']

Exactly and when he was laying there hmmm what do you do. why dont you tell us sick

ok, believe what you want, but when its heavy weights its takes time to get a position on fighters especially when they are as strong as Kimbo, just becasue it doesn't look like they are doing anything doesn't mean that nothings goin on, next time you have a buddy over wrestle him and see how long it takes you to get a dominant position on someone that is fighting back, wrist control doesn't look like much but alot of times nothing else is moving but 1 arm or or hand to get a postion. alot more complicated than the fighters that know BJJ make it look.

ok' date=' believe what you want, but when its heavy weights its takes time to get a position on fighters especially when they are as strong as Kimbo, just becasue it doesn't look like they are doing anything doesn't mean that nothings goin on, next time you have a buddy over wrestle him and see how long it takes you to get a dominant position on someone that is fighting back, wrist control doesn't look like much but alot of times nothing else is moving but 1 arm or or hand to get a postion. alot more complicated than the fighters that know BJJ make it look.[/quote']

Exaclty dude. I really wish these kids would study the game before saying that a fight should be stood up in 30 seconds. Wrist control is a hugely overlooked aspect of MMA and it's all about setting things up.

The fight was called right. The truth about the figh, Kimbo went for a knee his main goal should have been keeping footing in the clinch too maintain stand up. Second he was trying to utilize wrist control from the bottom he should have kept his arms in close and buck and push. Not worrying about controling fat boys hands.

yeah i know how we can solve this dilemma folks

how about every time somebody gets a dominant position' date=' such as a full mount, a crucifix, or a back mount with hooks, we IMMEDIATELY stand them up - for the sheer sake of pleasing the fan's and forcing the guy who is playing his game - dominating on the ground to stand up and strike with the better striker

then every we could all get our one sided knockout we expect to see, with buddies teeth hanging out of his ****, and everybody could live happily ever after without any MMA fighter having to worry about ground defense.

if that was any UFC fighter controlling kimbo on the ground, the fight wouldnt have made it through the first round. kimbo's standup wasnt even that great, but kimbo had the obvious advantage on his feet and the majority of you folks expected to see him with a first round knockout. instead once it goes the other way, we hear the same old stuff again just like brock vs mir 2[/quote']

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You nailed it. These nubs wouldn't be satified unless they saw Kimbo decapitate Roy.

The fight was called right. The truth about the figh' date=' Kimbo went for a knee his main goal should have been keeping footing in the clinch too maintain stand up. Second he was trying to utilize wrist control from the bottom he should have kept his arms in close and buck and push. Not worrying about controling fat boys hands.[/quote']

You are right, Kimbo's inexeprience showed through.

Kimbo should have stayed against the cage, instead he moved away in the clinch and it gave Roy room to move him back and take him down. Then when he's down he should instantly turn into roy and regain half guard or guard, but those instincts arent there. he stay flat on his back.

Roy Nelson should be embarsed for that fight he sat on Kimbo's arms and love tapped him until the ref called the fight. That is by far the ****t way to win a fight I have ever seen. Herb should of stood them, twice in the fight they went for almost a minute and a half just laying there neither one of them was advancing in position. If u ask me It was bad officating. Look at week one John was beating the hell out of Abe stopped for like a minute and Steve stood them back up. Dana White should be ashamed of himself for allowing that to go on. If that is what is going to happen then i am going to stop watching.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You nailed it. These nubs wouldn't be satified unless they saw Kimbo decapitate Roy.

It was a easy way out for Roy there was no posture or power in any punch he threw. He was scarred he would lose position. Be prepared to see alot of boring fights from Roy

Dana White should be ashamed of himself for allowing that to go on. If that is what is going to happen then i am going to stop watching.

Dana White has 0 control once its in the cage. The NSAC controls the bout. Learn something about the sport.

It was a easy way out for Roy there was no posture or power in any punch he threw. He was scarred he would lose position. Be prepared to see alot of boring fights from Roy

Let me tell you something bud. These guys are going to work, feeding their families, paying the bills. A win is a win. Flashy wins are nice but its more important to put in a Win than to look good and lose.

The fight was called right. The truth about the figh' date=' Kimbo [b']went for a knee his main goal should have been keeping footing in the clinch too maintain [/b]stand up. Second he was trying to utilize wrist control from the bottom he should have kept his arms in close and buck and push. Not worrying about controling fat boys hands.

I said this as soon as he threw the knee, but in all honesty its different for us to sit here and say this and say that than it is when you are in the cage in that position. Kimbo still learning take down defense, and ground game, in time it will come to him.

IDK, it may just be me, but it seems that all 6 of the fighters that we've seen so far on this season are really fighting not to lose, it doesn't seem they are fighting to end the fight and win. I can understand being cautious so you don't get caught, but come on unless you wanna put every fight in the judges hands and possibly get screwed (see shivers vs. Mcsweeney) they gonna have to go for it sooner or later to end the fights.

Good stoppage?I think let him get beat more maybe if fatboy was forced to shift his wieght and throw a real punch a sweep could of happened. maybe? Roy go on a diet! Kimbo get a ground game!(brazilian jiu jitsu)

Let me tell you something bud. These guys are going to work' date=' feeding their families, paying the bills. A win is a win. Flashy wins are nice but its more important to put in a Win than to look good and lose.[/quote']

A win is a win, but a boring win isn't going to win fans and thats what puts the money in thier pockets. If roy loses his next fight on the show i doubt he did enough to get a chance in the UFC. Dana was laughing at his fat ****.

First of all, I like Herb. I think he is the most experienced ref the UFC uses today. That being said, I think Herb sometimes suffers from amnesia and forgets where he is and what his job is. Seriously! Could he not see that all Nelson was doing was laying on him, and trying to polish the top of Kimbos head for him? What is that? That is definelty NOT MMA. I know it's not BJJ, and God forbid if someone calls it gnp. The fight never should have ended the way it did...poor stoppage. You could even hear some fighters yelling at the rif to stand it up?!?! Come on Herb, I thought you were better than that?

ok i dont know much about the rules the ref has in standing fighters up but ive seen clay guida sit on opponents before and ive heard people say he was nasty. i heard people say brock was nasty and he did the same thing to mir the second fight. and now just because some guy did it to kimbo everyone is gonna hate on him? the ref isnt trying to win tuf kimbo is. if kimbo wanted it bad enough he would have got up after trying that horrible attempt to kick off the cage. i wanted kimbo to win but what are you going to do when he fights the same as scrub **** abe from the first episode.

herb could have stopped it the first round but gave kimbo a chance to come back since roy wasnt inflicting damage. same thing happend again... kimbo wasnt doing anything to get out of it and he stopped it. perfectly done by herb imo.

herb could have stopped it the first round but gave kimbo a chance to come back since roy wasnt inflicting damage. same thing happend again... kimbo wasnt doing anything to get out of it and he stopped it. perfectly done by herb imo.

Yeah. There comes a point where you have to step in. They wern't hard shots or anything, but he still wasn't defending.

Herb did just fine IMO

it wasnt herbs fault at all he isnt the one fighting kimbo was and he got triped in round one and the second round he shouldnt have gone for that knee thats all. i dont know what the big debate is... he lost...and he looked horrible. i mean im not trying to hate on kimbo but why should he get a second chance?

why get another chance? he lookd better than the other 2 losers. and becuz he trains hard and can improve during the show. guys that learn quickly can improve during the show alot. can look like a whole new fighter.

your a dumb***, Nelson was punching him the whole time, what were you watching? He wasn't punching hard so that is why the fight wasn't stopped. When neither fighter is doing anything on the ground and they are locked in an awkward postion that is when they get stood up. Watch some MMA before you start making dumb*** threads.

dude he is 37! what possible future is he going to have! hes not going to be the champ ever! why not give the younger guys a shot who actually have mma backgrounds i just dont understand why dana would put himself in this situation if kimbo loses that means he isnt cut out for this he should go home. those are the rules of the damn show i dont care if that goliath passes out next week and need to replace him. they should have scouted their fighters better instead of picking up people that are retired football players and what have you this isnt pros vs. joes this is the damn ufc

i thought he should have stood it up u heard dana he was not pounding on the guy he took the tech way out counting out punches who the FUKC can get a 265 guy off your arm in he is sitting on it and a big as belly in your face ?? aint nothing he could have done roy took the Pussie way out i wann see roy do that to lesnar or mir i would never pay to see roy fight

You have to keep in mind that Kimbo wasn't defending himself intelligently though and that's part of the rules.

It was still a boring fight and I hate how ****y Roy got after the fight with a victory that wasn't impressive what so ever.

to get it out of the way, yes I just got an i.d so this is my first post.

Mostly because I am happy with the way the fight was called and after a while of reading you just feel the urge to answer even the retarded.

Next for you haters of the Girthiness.

Roy may be chunky but he used skill and tactics to win that fight. It may not be the skills and tactics you would use, but then again he is the pro fighter that has held a title belt.

People actually know who he is.

Who the hell would go in there and try to trade blows with a boxer that is better than you at boxing.

Does nobody remember the first UFC's ? The name of the game is the best over -all fighter, and the best over -all fighter won last night.

If you think fat means you can't fight, I have many, many, Jiu-jitsu and mma fighters in the unlimited division you can meet.

Using your weight to your advantage is a technique.

for those of you who don't understand position control and dominant position, then go back to your local library and check out one of their many great selections on this subject.

Have a nice day

Roy did nothing in the clinch Herb didnt break it up kimbo held roy while he was on top of him herb didnt stand them up... but let kimbo not work and there goin to stop it (IMO dana paid the ref)

roy was grabbing kimbo's arm to do the crucifix. ufc refs are aware what mma moves are and can see someone grabbing arms to do something. roy had kimbo arms pinned down good he was helpless.

I think herb dean did just fine. If anything i think the fight should've been stopped in the first round. I counted and when roy got him in the crucifix he hit him 44 unanswered times. Although they were not hard punches, thats still ridiculous. I also agree with awb622.

Some of you have 1-3 posts and there are 8 threads about the same thing so I can't hit all of these kids without making a new thread.

The fight sucked. Kimbo sucked. Roy sucked. The fight was awful.

Were those punches weak as a wet paper bag? Absolutely. Was Kimbo going to scramble for position and get out of that or back to his feet? No. He laid there like a dead fish and regardless of whether he was hurt' date=' he was defenseless and had no idea what to do.

Complaining about Roy's size? Brock Lesnar anyone? Granted Brock is a lot better than Roy but point still valid. He used his size, Kimbowas defenseless, Herb Dean gave Kimbo a chance and didn't stop it in the first round. He was in a bad position early in the 2nd round, didn't threaten in the slightest to scramble or change position. It was not bad officiating.

Now stop with the 10 threads on the same s*** and argue with me here.[/quote']

very true. but dont you think herb should of stood it up? roy is a fat slob that took the easy way out and bragged after saying he was the king. I cant believe he held a belt before. He is complete garbage.

There is absolutely no question in my mind that herb dean should have stood them up. Even though Kimbo was not doing anything Roy was just laying on top of him and not even throwing any strong punches. Yeah Kimbo was not intellegently defending himself but then again why defend yourself against somebody who wants to massage your head. Roy couldn't land any strong punches because his fat was on the way and while Kimbo's head got lost deeper and deeper into Roy's belly fat, Herb stood there thinking about what he was going to do after the fight. Roy was landing all his punches in his own belly fat and grazing Kimbo's head. A true dissapointment, im just watching the show now to see Roy get his **** knocked out.

herb should have stood them up sooner. it really should be 15sec in the standing clinch, and if you don't work it gets broken up. and on the ground if you lay on the guy for more then 30sec and you dont work like roy you should be stood up but he is the ref