Sign in to follow this  
brewster

Cain Velasquez Vs. Ben Rothwell

Cain dominated from beginning to end' date=' but I disagree with the stoppage.[/quote']

Rothwell should be thankfull, becouse if they would of gone any longer he's face would be uglier than what it already is

well i guess time will tell

Velasquez was like 230 something, and doesn't show any signs of being as light as possible. Not cut at all, but tons of endurance. Sign that he could probably lose a ton of weight. Just thinking in his best interest, because he would tear apart the LHW division.

Rothwell should be thankfull' date=' becouse if they would of gone any longer he's face would be uglier than what it already is[/quote']

Dude, whats your point? Like for real, all you do is criticize Rothwell.

He has been fed two guys in a row that are great, but that had no groundgame/takedown defense. He isn't big enough to hang with Carwin or Lesnar with equal or superior wrestling. If he could cut to LHW, he would do GREAT.

Rothwell should be thankfull' date=' becouse if they would of gone any longer he's face would be uglier than what it already is[/quote']

He would have left with a Jardine mask on, is what you're saying.

Velasquez was like 230 something' date=' and doesn't show any signs of being as light as possible. Not cut at all, but tons of endurance. Sign that he could probably lose a ton of weight. Just thinking in his best interest, because he would tear apart the LHW division.[/quote']

i think this is to his advantage TBH, i mean he has no cut, he can go on training the way he does with out having to worry about his weight, i mean this was as dominant display as you will see, i think he is right at home in HW but i agree he would tear apart 205

He has been fed two guys in a row that are great' date=' but that had no groundgame/takedown defense. He isn't big enough to hang with Carwin or Lesnar with equal or superior wrestling. If he could cut to LHW, he would do GREAT.[/quote']

im not so sure of that...i dont think anyone can keep caines pace..maybe cain should fight NOG for the #1 contender status.

im not so sure of that...i dont think anyone can keep caines pace..maybe cain should fight NOG for the #1 contender status.

How can he continue that pace on the ground under a much heavier wrestler?

Give him a shot against one of the big guys before saying he can't hang. Sure, he's on the lighter side of his weight division, but people want to know if the 230 pounders can compete for the HW belt.

i think this is to his advantage TBH' date=' i mean he has no cut, he can go on training the way he does with out having to worry about his weight, i mean this was as dominant display as you will see, i think he is right at home in HW but i agree he would tear apart 205[/quote']

Yea, I don't see him competing with the monsters of the division though. Rothwell is big, but has little to no strength, clearly.

No. Like someone else said, he' has been fed his last two fights. Guys with named but NO takedown defense or wrestling.

Dos Santos is more deserving.

it will be interesting to see how cain goes against lesnar or carwin considering both are good wrestlers...i dont see how cain can take lesnar down let alone keep him down

Did anyone else notice that it looked like he struggled to lift Ben and slam him? He got the take downs' date=' it just looked like he could barely lift him.[/quote']

hmmm maybe cuz hes lifting someone up whos heavier than him? maybe you should try it sometime and let me know how it goes hahahahhahaa. anyway, i think Cain gets the winner of Lesnar/Carwin next and i see it happening April next year when UFC goes to Mexico!!! you heard it from me 1st!

hmmm maybe cuz hes lifting someone up whos heavier than him? maybe you should try it sometime and let me know how it goes hahahahhahaa. anyway' date=' i think Cain gets the winner of Lesnar/Carwin next and i see it happening April next year when UFC goes to Mexico!!! you heard it from me 1st![/quote']

it doesnt really matter if cain culdnt lift rothwell up that much,matters more that he got him on the ground and sumwhat kept him there and dominated him...as for the title shot,it culd happen but taking lesnar or carwin down will be a huge test for cain, plus it starts off standing so that will be dangerous for him considering either of his opponents r good wrestlers...as for yor quote,theLHW title SHULD hav changes hands now,and if sanchez keeps it standing he culd beat b.j penn and if lesnar isnt careful carwin can KO him

I love how our EULA disallows any type of racial slur, discrimination or other language on this thread when one of the fighters has "BROWN PRIDE" tattooed across his chest. If a fighter had "WHITE PRIDE" on his chest, he'd be out like a fat kid in dodgeball. Congratulations Dana on supporting a blatant racist in your organization.

The stoppage in this fight was incredibly disappointing regardless of whether Rothwell was being destroyed. If Abe Wagner of the Ultimate Fighter can bleed 2 pints of blood on the mat with no stoppage (officiated by Mazzagatti as well), how can any stoppage be justified as Rothwell STOOD UP? Rothwell continued to intelligently defend himself and yet the match was still stopped.

To whomever selects referrees: You fail.

I love how our EULA disallows any type of racial slur' date=' discrimination or other language on this thread when one of the fighters has "BROWN PRIDE" tattooed across his chest. If a fighter had "WHITE PRIDE" on his chest, he'd be out like a fat kid in dodgeball. Congratulations Dana on supporting a blatant racist in your organization.

The stoppage in this fight was incredibly disappointing regardless of whether Rothwell was being destroyed. If Abe Wagner of the Ultimate Fighter can bleed 2 pints of blood on the mat with no stoppage (officiated by Mazzagatti as well), how can any stoppage be justified as Rothwell STOOD UP? Rothwell continued to intelligently defend himself and yet the match was still stopped.

To whomever selects referrees: You fail.[/quote']

correct about the stoppage,but in cains defence even he agreed that rothwell culd hav kept fighting and he felt him standing back up,i know the refs job is to potect the fighters but if rothwell was hurt he wuld not hav been able to stand up

Cain is very over hyped. His last two fights vs guys with little to no ground game highlighted his skills very well. That being said...

Caine is very over hyped' date=' and over rated. He is being marketed by Dana to attract the Latino fans. A good amateur boxer would destroy Caine in the first round.[/quote']

What would an amateur boxer ever do to a wrestler of Cain's caliber? I don't care if the boxer is 350 lbs of no take down defense. Cain will continue to dominate any fighter that has no defense against his wrestling. Enough said.

Would love to see him fight Nog.

rothwell isnt a bad fighter,just not near as good as cain...cains work ethic and endurance is excellent for a HW,and i think he wuld beat NOG,maybe cain shuld fight dos santos to truly earn a HW shot

I happen to think a little bit of both. Would not be suprised not to never see Rothwell again in the Octagon. Also, why is Antoni Hardonk still in the organization?

I love how our EULA disallows any type of racial slur' date=' discrimination or other language on this thread when one of the fighters has "BROWN PRIDE" tattooed across his chest. If a fighter had "WHITE PRIDE" on his chest, he'd be out like a fat kid in dodgeball. Congratulations Dana on supporting a blatant racist in your organization.

To whomever selects referrees: You fail.[/quote']

Yes bad stoppage.

He isn't a racist, I'm the first to call someone out on this, but that right now is certainly not the case. We white people can't tattoo that on our chest because the world already assumes that we're racist. So we have to shut up about being prideful for being white. Maybe "Anglo Saxton Pride", it would make you sound smart and less racist.

Did anyone really think that Ben stood a chance in heaven or hell against Cain?? Ben is a dud plain and simple, a low level gatekeeper. Ben is a striker only and imo has no place in a ring with a good GnP'er. If the UFC insisits on using Ben the only fights he should get are with newbies and other stikers to at least make it a fight.

bad stoppage IMO..... but he was warned..... and cain would have beaten him if the fight haddent been stopped when it was so meh.

bad stoppage IMO..... but he was warned..... and cain would have beaten him if the fight haddent been stopped when it was so meh.

Did you see DW's comments on Mazzagati? I think he agrees with you.

that fight was a joke, what kind of ref stops a fight when the fighter is getting up. Even Cain was shocked that it got stopped. And why is he allowed to represent his Brown Pride Tattoo? Especially since its gang affiliated. If a white guy had white pride he prolly wouldnt get to fight UFC, If a black guy had a Black Panther he wouldnt either cuz he would be gang related. So it sounds UFC only wants to promote that you can only be proud of your race if your white. Toni Valtonen has to cover his tattoos because it represents White Pride. Sounds Racist to me if one person has to cover it and not the other. I say let anyone have what ever tatts they want. Its all funny to me especially how much dana white and joe rogan are all over Cain and Shogun's nuts. Guess theres 2 ****s involved in MMA. Like Bernard hopkins said but i think he was referring to dana and joe doing gay *****........

5 undefended direct punches to the face warrants a stoppage imo. especially after the beating rothwell suffered in the first round. Just because he has an iron chin doesn't mean each of those shots wasn't shaking his brain around inside his head.

Cain just man handle Ben in this fight. It was a bad stop but it didn't change the outcome. Cain is the future of the UFC HW div. He should fight Gabriel Gonzaga or Stefan Struve and then get the winner of Lesner/Carwin.

Cain just man handle Ben in this fight. It was a bad stop but it didn't change the outcome. Cain is the future of the UFC HW div. He should fight Gabriel Gonzaga or Stefan Struve and then get the winner of Lesner/Carwin.

Ummm, why would he fight Gonzaga or Struve to get the winner of Lesnar/Carwin? That makes no sense what soever. Don't get me wrong Gonzaga is a good fighter but he's at least two quality wins away from a title shot and Struve needs 3 Quality wins before even being considered for a title shot. If they want to give him one more fight before a title shot give him Junior Dos Santos!!! That guy is wrecking people as of late, dang what a fight that would be. But honestly I think they should give him the winner of Lesnar/ Carwin, I mean the only reason they gave Carwin a title shot is because he's been running his mouth off so much about Lesnar. Not saying he isn't good, but that was the reason for it.

Too early to stop that fight, Ben was trying to improve his position and yes he was taking some shots but he didn't look too hurt or rolling his eyes.

None of us know for sure that Ben wouldn't have pulled a KO out later in the fight no matter how unlikely, so to say a ref should stop it based on probability of outcome makes no sense at all.

SM stopped it because he was worried Ben's face was turning to burger meat, even though it wasn't. The guy has been through some wars before, a veteran like that should be given the benefit of the doubt and allowed to continue while he's still trying defend himself and improving his position.

Ben did look far too slow for me though, Kongo was much faster even at 75% fitness.