Sign in to follow this  
meathead

Steve Mazzagati is the Worst Ref in MMA

Mazaggati is the worst ref in MMA. He has the worst decision making capacity. He never knows when not to stop a fight and when to call it. The guy is a complete idiot. If you look at the history of the matches he has been a ref in, he has absolutely no clue. He made Lesnar lose against Mir the first time. Tonight he stopped the Rothwell-Cain fight prematurely.

Dana White is an idiot also. He won't let Big John ref but he will let Mazaggati ruin every main event. Dana White and Mazaggati should both be fired. They are both fools.

I will not pay for another pay per view.

Rothwell was totally dominated by cain, even if he goes through all the round his face will get plummet. mazaggati doing the right thing to stop it or else more serious injure will happen

Rothwell was totally dominated by cain' date=' even if he goes through all the round his face will get plummet. mazaggati doing the right thing to stop it or else more serious injure will happen[/quote']

+1

he was doing his job he called the fight a bit l8 for my liking but he gave Rothwell a chance to fite back but rothwell never did p*ss all to try

I agree about Mazzagatti. Out of all the points to call that fight, you do it the one instance where Rothwell showed life? It is not just one or two occurences, he seems to be controversial more often than not. He should shave that stupid mustache, change his name, and try this refereeing thing again with a clean slate.

Mazaggati is the worst ref in MMA. He has the worst decision making capacity. He never knows when not to stop a fight and when to call it. The guy is a complete idiot. If you look at the history of the matches he has been a ref in' date=' he has absolutely no clue. He made Lesnar lose against Mir the first time. Tonight he stopped the Rothwell-Cain fight prematurely.

Dana White is an idiot also. He won't let Big John ref but he will let Mazaggati ruin every main event. Dana White and Mazaggati should both be fired. They are both fools.

I will not pay for another pay per view.[/quote']

Duh

eh, disagree respectfully. I understand where many are coming from regarding this call, but I'm going to agree with Mazzagati. Rothwell was warned at the end of Round 1 that if he didn't start defending Cain's strikes more intelligently, then the fight would be stopped. Round 2 comes and he does not answer, nor defend 6-7 heavy strikes to the head. Allowing the fight to continue would have ended badly for Rothwell, imo. Mazzagati saved him from unnecessary punishment.

eh, disagree respectfully. I understand where many are coming from regarding this call, but I'm going to agree with Mazzagati. Rothwell was warned at the end of Round 1 that if he didn't start defending Cain's strikes more intelligently, then the fight would be stopped. Round 2 comes and he does not answer, nor defend 6-7 heavy strikes to the head. Allowing the fight to continue would have ended badly for Rothwell, imo. Mazzagati saved him from unnecessary punishment.

I agree it was a bad call to stop it then and he needs to be replaced by some one ( BIG JOHN ) but Rothwell was going to get plowed anyway even if Steve didn't call it at that time he really sucked balls...

The call was right.. the timing was wrong.

He stopped the fight as Rothwell got back to his feet. That's pretty stupid. Either stop it BEFORE he gets up, or wait until he's getting pounded on the ground again.

GOOD call, BAD timing.

Mazzagatti... seems to be controversial more often than not. He should shave that stupid mustache' date=' change his name, and try this refereeing thing again with a clean slate.[/quote']

How can you agree that Mazzagatti is one of the worst MMA refs on a regular basis, and then say he should have another try?

I've seen way to many bad calls and poor judgment from Mazzagatti to even joke about letting him continue to ref fights on TUF much less Pay Per View main events. I wish Big Jon was still in the octagon. Here's a little something to some up my feelings for the worst MMA ref ever.

Flush Mazzagatti down the potty!

he warned him at the end of the first round that if he kept taking punches without defending himself he would stop the fight. rothwell failed to intelligently defend himself, the ref stopped the fight. right decision, right timing. great ref

Yes he is most definetly the worst ref not of only MMA possibly of all time. He delays stoppages and he waits a few seconds after someone taps out, Brock Lesnar Vs. Frank Mir is the perfect example. Mazzagatti either needs to open those beady little eyes of his or he seriously needs to get fired.

Rothwell was totally dominated by cain' date=' even if he goes through all the round his face will get plummet. mazaggati doing the right thing to stop it or else more serious injure will happen[/quote']

He was never really hurt, he was taking punishment but how may GREAT fights has anyone seen where a fighter was getting beat but hung in there to win by submission or a knockout. I'll go back to the begining and refresh everyone's memory about Royce Gracie vs. Kimo. Kimo was kicking the crap out of Royce but Royce finished him with an armbar. If MMA continues to head in the direction of protecting the fighter and using the excuse "not intelligently defending oneself" and if refs like Stopagatti are allowed to continue to officiate in MMA we will never see these types of fights again. Rothwell was standing up for Christ's sake. There is no LOGICAL explaination for the stoppage. If the sport is truely interested in the safety of the fighter and protecting them from serious injury, then use the standing 8 count instead of stopping the fight when a fighter appears hurt.

Mazaggati is the worst ref in MMA. He has the worst decision making capacity. He never knows when not to stop a fight and when to call it. The guy is a complete idiot. If you look at the history of the matches he has been a ref in' date=' he has absolutely no clue. He made Lesnar lose against Mir the first time. Tonight he stopped the Rothwell-Cain fight prematurely.

Educate yourself b4 you say things. Dana does not PICK the refs, and to say he should be fired is confusing to me when it seems you dont know the basics of MMA or the UFC. I'm guessing you started watching mma when UFC made it popular, thus you should thank Dana, for without him I doubt you'd even be here talking out of you azz.

good! the ufc and the mma world dont need whack **** fans such as urself anyway.

Big john actually has a video on youtube where he says he did not renew his licence to ref fights in the same state that the ufc is sanctioned out of for the majority of their fights because he doesnt want to deal with dana white's B.S. any more. So if you are going to blame anyone for him not calling fights, then blame him. Dana White for the millionth time this week, does not pick who refs fights either, or else he would not let Mazzigati ref a single fight in the ufc. I do agree that he is not the best ref but that has nothing to do with the ufc or Dana White.

i acctually agree with his stoppage on rothwell he warned rothwell at start of round and then rothwell dosnt do anythin and keeps getting his face smashed it was a fine stop altho he is a bad ref just not on this occasion.

It could have been stopped earlier.

And, the guy was getting put straight back down as soon as he stood up at all ! he was tired, Cain was fresh as a daisy. Watch him dance the end of the first round

Absolute joke of a matchup. Cain needs a nickname and I think I have one. THE STORM