Sign in to follow this  
Voice9686

UFC 105, lets get past 104 for a bit...

So, I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of all the crying, flaming, nerd raging and so on about the '104 Main event so lets talk UFC 105. Which fights are you guys looking forward to the most?

I'm pretty interested in the Swick vs Hardy match myself, with its obvious result of the next challenger to GSP, and admittedly I'm no Hardy fan and think Swick has the tools to take him out.

Brown vs Wilks should be a great match as well. Wilks looked GREAT winning TUF against DaMarques Johnson and if anything is true about "The Immortal" it's that he comes to fight, every night, and quite often finds a way to win it impressively.

Lastly I'm really looking forward to Ross Pearson vs Aaron Riley. Riley always brings action to the table and I strongly feel this fights already out in-front for fight of the night.

Anyhow, thought maybe we could change the scenery away from 104 a bit, after all, its under 3 weeks till 105, and its free! LoL, can't beat that.

ufc 104 has scarred the community. the flaming and trash talking would continue untill people are satisfied.

i have one thing to say about ufc 105. why is couture still here? retired already, you have made your mark in mma and would never be forgotten.

ufc 104 has scarred the community. the flaming and trash talking would continue untill people are satisfied.

i have one thing to say about ufc 105. why is couture still here? retired already' date=' you have made your mark in mma and would never be forgotten.[/quote']

I honestly think Couture is still around simply because its what he does.(or did) Fight, and fight well, and you can't just stop doing what you are meant, or choose, to do. Hes still around for himself, not the fans, and with the impact hes made, I'm personally willing to give him that much. He continues to test himself and he gave Big Nog a war, so the argument is still there that hes still relevant. A title around his waist again? Probably not. A few more great fights? Undoubtedly.

im only looking forward to seeing randy .. old fart or not

Even as he gets old, Captain America never gets old.

Even as he gets old' date=' Captain America never gets old.[/quote']

till he takes a good shot to the head .. but yeah ... his drive is still there and he takes it serious .. thats what keeps me watching

Good point and no doubt these (or at least I hope) arguments will fade away well before then.

I'm looking forward to finding out who GSP's next opponent is too, odds have to be in Swick's favour for this one, Dan Hardy has a horrible attitude and will get his big mouth shut by Swicks superior hand speed. Besides his attitude I don't think he has what it takes to stop Swick (or Dong-hyun for that matter).

Hopefully Kang can find a way to beat the fight out of Bisping, for no other reason than I just don't like the guy.

Pearson vs. Riley should be a great fight to watch but I wouldn't want to have to call it,

105 looks to have a bunch of good matchups for those lucky brits.

Good point and no doubt these (or at least I hope) arguments will fade away well before then.

I'm looking forward to finding out who GSP's next opponent is too' date=' odds have to be in Swick's favour for this one, Dan Hardy has a horrible attitude and will get his big mouth shut by Swicks superior hand speed. Besides his attitude I don't think he has what it takes to stop Swick (or Dong-hyun for that matter).

Hopefully Kang can find a way to beat the fight out of Bisping, for no other reason than I just don't like the guy.

[b']

Pearson vs. Riley should be a great fight to watch but I wouldn't want to have to call it, [/b]

105 looks to have a bunch of good matchups for those lucky brits.

I honestly think Kang is going to handle Bisping easily, and I couldn't agree more about the Pearson/Riley matchup, that's going to be a damn close fight.

I think Vera has a good chance but.. I mean Couture is a freaking Warhero, he's pretty much seen it all and I'm happy to have him at 205 for another 5 fights, good on him I say.

Well I live in manchester and finally get to see UFC in person (although it cost me a fortune). But yeah Im looking forward to the whole experience not just the fights, although my misses is a bit offput after the whole 105 machida v shogun fight (shogun should have won although I am a fan of machida).

I personally think hardy will loose his match up aswell as bispin, although I should be cheering them on lol.

Looking forward to the Ross fight, he was awsome in UK v USA.

I do like Vera but want Couture "Captain America" to win. Couture's experience will be too much for Vera especially his Greco-Roman wrestling and "dirty boxing".

I'm gonna say Couture beats Vera via UD. Couture gave Big Nog a WAR, and Vera looked thoroughly unimpressive in his UD over Sosinski. Compare the caliber of opponent that Big Nog is to Kryzstof, and I see Couture dominating the fight.

I also think Swick will TKO Hardy.

Brown/Wilks and Riley/Pearson are HARD fights to call. They sure didn't throw them easy first fights after winning TUF. I think in a year Brown will be in the WW title picture (4-1 in the UFC, and the one loss was a split decision) so I'd give this to him. Riley-Pearson is really too close to call.

I hope Kang gives Bisping brain damage.

I hope Kang gives Bisping brain damage.

??? Come on man, some jokes really aren't that funny. Nice preview of the fights by the way. I gotta agree, unless Vera can keep the distance or land a devastating knee like he did on Mir - he might get worn down against the fence or on the floor.