Sign in to follow this  
TheCoon

Brock issnt sick, as far as im concerned he is scared

dude this after Shogun getting screwed really has me wondering what the F is going on' date=' it's like some higher power wants me to watch only Strikeforce lol[/quote']

Two huge shockers in 3 days. It's a tough time to be a fan of the UFC.

Although if that 108 card that is rumored is actually fact, then I'm quite content to wait it out.

i would find it laughable that any of you believe brock lesnar is actually sick and cant train. if all of you cant see through the lies that this industry throws at you' date=' then let me hit all of you with some some insight that many of you may not be able to catch with your own eyes. Brock lesnar saw what carwin is capable of when he fought gonzaga, now taking that into account carwin is a 265lbs+ fighter standing 6'5. that is a giant of a man, even compared to brock lesnar who is 6'3, clearly 2 inches smaller than carwin. with this being said brock is not ready to fight this behemoth of a man, champion wrestler, and 11-0 knock out artist that is shane carwin. he called up dana and told him he needs more time to train and formulate a gameplan against shane carwin, and with the money brock brings into the ufc being its backbone dana has no choice but to comply with his request. now brock lesnar has more time to train, and better prepare himself physically, but most importantly, mentally, in order to up his chances against shane carwin[/quote']

carwin said he is only 6'0 but he might of been joking, brock might not of been able to make weight if he continued to fight at ufc 106 so everyone would of been upset at that this gives carwin more time to train. the fight is only postponed 6 weeks so its all good. now carwin can pry make weight more easily

Nickk' date=' you fail like Brock is going to (in January, since he lamed out)[/quote']

good one?

Awesome. I have a stalker.

I was watching MMA while you were still nibbling your moms teet son. Although arrogant' date=' antagonistic and overly confident, I've got a wealth of MMA knowledge that you just can't hang with. It's nothing to be ashamed of. You just take things too seriously.[/quote']

i quit. i found this post pretty funny. i guess im kinda new to mma. only been watching for 3 to 4 years. guess i got more to learn.

I'm sorry, it's not exactly being scared of a fight if the fight is just pushed back a couple months. They're still fighting next so it really makes no difference where or when they're fighting. Get off Brocks all the time...I knew some ****** would try to start some trolling on here with a thread like this. Sigh, gotta love kids.

Well well.....Lesnar withdraws from 106. This makes 2 huge dramatic events in the UFC world over the course of the last 3 days (the first being the higway robbery of Shogun at 104 on Saturday night). Spectacular fail.

So Lesnar has had an illness for 3 weeks? 3 weeks? What kind of sissy takes 3 weeks to fight a cold or flu? Especially an athlete of his caliber. This sounds fishy' date=' and I'm guessing the reality of it, is that Lesnar is just plain afraid of his upcoming tilt with Shane Carwin. Lesnar woke up this morning, realized his opponent wasn't an over-the-hill fond memory, or massively overrated Frank Mir, and had an epiphany. I'm going to get knocked the f*ck out at 106. He immediately calls Dana, fires up some horsepiss excuse, and is now sitting at home chomping on his fingernails wondering how the hell he can get out of this mess. Don't give me that H1N1 crap either. We all know that's a marketing term for "regular flu".

Fact is, Carwin will send the overhyped gargantua to la-la land, if and when they do fight.

The true colours are showing, Brocktards.[/quote']

Fact: the fight got pushed back 6 weeks they are still fighting

carwin was listed at 6'2" up until about 2 weeks ago, when it suddenly changed to 6'5"

the UFC did that just to hype up the fight more, because they want people to think that someone is actually bigger than brock, "oh man that's insane, he's definitely gonna own brock now". well, that trick obviously worked on you.

just for the record, i think carwin would win because his striking is better, but he is NOT 6'5", and this card now totally sucks. no reason to buy it

good one?

i quit. i found this post pretty funny. i guess im kinda new to mma. only been watching for 3 to 4 years. guess i got more to learn.

It really doesn't matter how long you've been watching it. I'm just extremely proud of the fact that I got to watch MMA for the most part, since it became available to the public. Although I talk a lot of smack, and make outlandish claims, just remember I do so to elicit debate, conversation and questions. All in good heart bro. No disrespect on the internet, you can't take it that seriously. Cheers

Fact: the fight got pushed back 6 weeks they are still fighting

Is that confirmed at 108? If so, and the rest of the rumored card are true, I'm glad to wait.

Fact: I started this thread as a mini-troll.

is this confirmed and if so source?

as far as i know silva vs belford is not confirm.. And to be honest dana will probably move silva vs belford for the feb 6 card that does not have a headline yet...

And after that feb 6 card , it will probably be GSP headlining the one after

Is that confirmed at 108? If so' date=' and the rest of the rumored card are true, I'm glad to wait.

Fact: I started this thread as a mini-troll.[/quote']

ill eat your lunch and wrinkle your school clothes

Two huge shockers in 3 days. It's a tough time to be a fan of the UFC.

Although if that 108 card that is rumored is actually fact' date=' then I'm quite content to wait it out.[/quote']

You think there could be any truth to the idea that they just wanted to push it back to 108 to either make it a huge end of/beginning of the year card and rival revenues of UFC 100? or just in case Anderson "Diva" Silva doesn't want to fight Vitor Belfort like he's been saying?

as far as i know silva vs belford is not confirm.. And to be honest dana will probably move silva vs belford for the feb 6 card that does not have a headline yet...

And after that feb 6 card ' date=' it will probably be GSP headlining the one after[/quote']

That's what i thought they might do, sounds like a money deal to me, yet Brock backing out doesn't do him a bit of good in the mind of the haters lol

You think there could be any truth to the idea that they just wanted to push it back to 108 to either make it a huge end of/beginning of the year card and rival revenues of UFC 100? or just in case Anderson "Diva" Silva doesn't want to fight Vitor Belfort like he's been saying?

Could be all of the above, or Lesnar really does have swine flu. Or something else. Maybe he overtrained and his immune system gave out. Who knows anymore. It seems there is more drama in the UFC than there should be.

Well it was confirmed on Carwins twitter that they are fighting in January.Cut the guy some slack swine flu is hell I now I had it and its not good.I can put it to you this I wouldnt have fought a fly when I had it no matter how much money you would have payed me.

I don't see why Lesnar would be afraid of Carwin. All Carwin really has going for him in this fight is knockout power that may not be enough to dethrone Lesnar. I think Lesnar is doin' what Nogueira, for some reason, didn't do and SHOULD'VE done.

Could be all of the above' date=' or Lesnar really does have swine flu. Or something else. Maybe he overtrained and his immune system gave out. Who knows anymore. It seems there is more drama in the UFC than there should be.[/quote']

UFC is really playing games with me and i don't like it lol, if they could just this stuff figured out they could dominate this sport even more then they are now. First they need to Sign Hendo and patch things with Rampage, if they can do that and get the "Diva" Silva figured out and allow the MW division to actually have top fighters get title shots they deserve they will be unstoppable

It really doesn't matter how long you've been watching it. I'm just extremely proud of the fact that I got to watch MMA for the most part' date=' since it became available to the public. Although I talk a lot of smack, and make outlandish claims, just remember I do so to elicit debate, conversation and questions. All in good heart bro. No disrespect on the internet, you can't take it that seriously. Cheers[/quote']

see i didnt know this. i hate when people do what i just did. like when ever people get mad at AK, i think its funny as hell. hes the same as you except u dont go over board like him haha

I don't see why Lesnar would be afraid of Carwin. All Carwin really has going for him in this fight is knockout power that may not be enough to dethrone Lesnar. I think Lesnar is doin' what Nogueira' date=' for some reason, didn't do and SHOULD'VE done.[/quote']

I agree, things are def. diff. for Champions, if there is even an inkling that they can't perform up to standards or exceed them as most fighters try to do, i'm sure the UFC Brass steps in and says "NO WAY JOSE CANSECO...take the time!" especially with Brock being the main draw as he is and the things that have gone on lately with the UFC. They cannot lay another egg and have a bad showing!

see i didnt know this. i hate when people do what i just did. like when ever people get mad at AK' date=' i think its funny as hell. hes the same as you except u dont go over board like him haha[/quote']

I thought getting mad at AK was mandatory:p

Well well.....Lesnar withdraws from 106. This makes 2 huge dramatic events in the UFC world over the course of the last 3 days (the first being the higway robbery of Shogun at 104 on Saturday night). Spectacular fail.

So Lesnar has had an illness for 3 weeks? 3 weeks? What kind of sissy takes 3 weeks to fight a cold or flu? Especially an athlete of his caliber. This sounds fishy' date=' and I'm guessing the reality of it, is that Lesnar is just plain afraid of his upcoming tilt with Shane Carwin. Lesnar woke up this morning, realized his opponent wasn't an over-the-hill fond memory, or massively overrated Frank Mir, and had an epiphany. I'm going to get knocked the f*ck out at 106. He immediately calls Dana, fires up some horsepiss excuse, and is now sitting at home chomping on his fingernails wondering how the hell he can get out of this mess. Don't give me that H1N1 crap either. We all know that's a marketing term for "regular flu".

Fact is, Carwin will send the overhyped gargantua to la-la land, if and when they do fight.

i agree with you

hes a ****

I doubt 108 would actually come out that way, but if it did then dear god will it be great. You've really got me hoping now, that would come right after the semester ends too, what an amazing way to celebrate it that would be.

I couldn't agree more. The swine flu lasts at best 5 days. In healthy people it's usually slightly less. 3-4 days! The swine flu affects the very young really hard and the old about the same as any flu. But you are wrong about it being a run of the mill flu. For most people you are right, but kids especially can die from it. On the other hand a healthy stud like Broc will be sick for 3 days albeit an unhappy three days. If he's that sick for that long he shouldn't be competeing in MMA in the first place. He should abandon his title and let fighters who don't chicken out go for it. Sick for a month and a half? My ****!

Heavyweight Championship bout: Brock Lesnar © vs. Shane Carwin

Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva © vs. Vitor Belfort

Light Heavyweight bout: Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva

Heavyweight bout: Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Junior dos Santos

Lightweight bout: Tyson Griffin vs. Jim Miller

Welterweight bout: Carlos Condit vs. Paul Daley

Welterweight bout: Martin Kampmann vs. Rory Markham

Lightweight bout: Joe Lauzon vs. Sam Stout

Middleweight bout: Mark Munoz vs. Ryan Jensen

Lightweight bout: Cole Miller vs. Dan Lauzon

Welterweight bout: Mike Pyle vs. Jake Ellenberger

thats in vegas on january 2nd is that not an amazing card or what...man i cant wait

And what do we get at 106 Ortiz vs Griffen woop dee f$$@*! in doo Glad I spent a grand on tickets for that

I couldn't agree more. The swine flu lasts at best 5 days. In healthy people it's usually slightly less. 3-4 days! The swine flu affects the very young really hard and the old about the same as any flu. But you are wrong about it being a run of the mill flu. For most people you are right' date=' but kids especially can die from it. On the other hand a healthy stud like Broc will be sick for 3 days albeit an unhappy three days. If he's that sick for that long he shouldn't be competeing in MMA in the first place. He should abandon his title and let fighters who don't chicken out go for it. Sick for a month and a half? My ****![/quote']

Here's my take Brock got called for a piss test sooner than he thought he would be. Knowing he wouldn't pass it he called up Dana with this bull story to get out of the fight and the test. Just a thought

Here's my take Brock got called for a piss test sooner than he thought he would be. Knowing he wouldn't pass it he called up Dana with this bull story to get out of the fight and the test. Just a thought

It's a definite possibility, but I'm pretty sure Brock dropped em when he came to MMA. No doubt he used them in his WWE days.

I'm not gonna accuse Brock of anything but he has the personality and build of a bully. He even said himself "I don't have anything good to say about any of my opponents". What happens to a bully when they meet someone who can put up a good fight? Most of them shut up.

Brock is a 6 foot 260 pounder with over rated wrestling, over rated striking, and proven power.

This is pretty close to the scenario with Rogers and Fedor, one top win and you get a shot at one of the best HWs.

and just like Fedor and Rogers is going to go, Carwin would get dominated.

The UFC hyped the crap out of Carwin, that is the only reason you think he can win.

It's a definite possibility' date=' but I'm pretty sure Brock dropped em when he came to MMA. No doubt he used them in his WWE days.[/quote']

i have no doubts you've never worked out a day in your life, when he works out every day of his life.

Stop hating.

I'll admit Brock was the only reason i watched the WWE since i followed him during his collegiate days...I've watched the training vids for years he is still doing things that most men cannot steroids or no steroids...he is just a freak his training shows that

I'll admit Brock was the only reason i watched the WWE since i followed him during his collegiate days...I've watched the training vids for years he is still doing things that most men cannot steroids or no steroids...he is just a freak his training shows that

i dislike lesner very much. i guess its because he wins mainly due to his size and strength advantage. his striking is below average and his ground game in general is way below average...he knows little to no jiu-jitsu. i wanna see fedor school this chump.

i dislike lesner very much. i guess its because he wins mainly due to his size and strength advantage. his striking is below average and his ground game in general is way below average...he knows little to no jiu-jitsu. i wanna see fedor school this chump.

well i think if you ask Mir, Couture, and Herring who is a great striker himself, how his striking is they might differ, and ask those same guys how his ground game is especially Mir who is awesome off his back as he could barely grab a finger let alone a leg or an arm in their second fight. Dislike him all you want IMO but you have to give him credit for beating the competition he has in the manner he has with the relatively short MMA training time he has undertaken...

Right he made up the excuse to not fight him even though he is going to be fighting him at a later time. Also watch the news, h1n1 and the swine flue is sweeping the u.s. and if not them the regular flu is also. I live in MN personally and it is ridiculous how many people are sick......oh and grow up!!!!

Sure you are 81 posts. It'd be better if you just kept to reading instead of voicing your opinion.

Not all of us can sit at home and be on the forums and make useless threads, look I understand you are sad Rua lost and what not, but honeslty you are saying brock is afraid? bah! He is the champion and therefore wants to deliever the best fight possible would you rather him fight then say he wasnt 100% or wait till another card Also no offence but when you voice your opinion you look like an arrogant prick. Rua lost and Brock is sick dont cry over spilt milk, also go outside the sun can be a nice sight. Mr. 1k post.

Not all of us can sit at home and be on the forums and make useless threads' date=' look I understand you are sad Rua lost and what not, but honeslty you are saying brock is afraid? bah! He is the champion and therefore wants to deliever the best fight possible would you rather him fight then say he wasnt 100% or wait till another card Also no offence but when you voice your opinion you look like an arrogant prick. Rua lost and Brock is sick dont cry over spilt milk, also go outside the sun can be a nice sight. Mr. 1k post.[/quote']

First of sarge, I can read and type at a lightning pace. It's an inherent ability of learning a computer from the age of 7. That aside, you musta missed the 3 or 4 posts in here I made regarding the intentions of the thread. Settle down.

I dislike brock with a passion but he is not afraid of carwin these are both top grade fighters and both still agree to fight famous people still get sick man give um a break

lol the card is weak now tho they need to throw in another main event

well i think if you ask Mir' date=' Couture, and Herring who is a great striker himself, how his striking is they might differ, and ask those same guys how his ground game is especially Mir who is awesome off his back as he could barely grab a finger let alone a leg or an arm in their second fight. Dislike him all you want IMO but you have to give him credit for beating the competition he has in the manner he has with the relatively short MMA training time he has undertaken...[/quote']

I hate Brock, but I also give him props, hes only getting better. I always want him to get knoced out, but on the other hand I never really ecpect him to lose.

Miller v Tyson Griffin. Why do they pamper fighters like this. Put Tyson and Joe Daddy up against eachother instead of giving them great matchups they are almost garuanteed a win from if they fight how they normally fight.

I wouldn't call their opponents bums or anything like that at all, but they're not on the level of these guys. Griffin v Stevenson is the only fight that makes sense.

It dose not matter what anyone says, The fact that he got sick and had to push the fight back will be a sticking point for people saying he is scared. The fact is every fighter ends up having to push a fight at some point and most of them don't get much if any **** about it. The fact that so many people dislike Brock however means they will take any reason to call him scared or put him down in some fashion. They are even going to use this as a reason when Brock wins the fight. "Oh if they would have fought at UFC 106 Carwin would have won!!" or something to that effect.

Maybe he is afraid, maybe he isn't. I would of expected him to be more afraid of Frank Mir since he had already beaten him when going into that much but Brock came in with something new and controlled his half guard most of the fight. However I would much rather see Brock at 100% when he does have his (maybe) hardest fight yet rather than see a sick man get beat up and have no idea who really won like in big Nogs case against Mir in the instance that Brock is actually sick and isn't being a big sissy. This fight is going to happen eventually though, so Brock isn't actually avoiding it just delaying it.

Any word on replacing this bout or are they actually going to keep marketing Tito and Forrest as the main event? That could have been a main event at one point, but not now, it's close to undercard IMO.

It would be sweet if Dana got so fed up with Shogun Champ threads that he orchestrated this whole Brock sick story so he could throw Shogun and Machida back in there and resolve this asap, haha. I'd rather watch Shane KO Brock though :(

Fact, from this moment on all my posts will end with "Fact". Fact!